Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rash
13 Feb 15 14:26
| Topic/replies: 17 | Blogger: rash's blog
please can we have opinions on who the player in the premiership is at the moment
Pause Switch to Standard View who is the best player in the...
Show More
Report Mike-lfc February 13, 2015 3:28 PM GMT
Harry Kane
Report themover February 13, 2015 3:29 PM GMT
Aguero by a million miles
Report the bairn February 13, 2015 3:30 PM GMT
value for money, Naismith Everton. cheers.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 13, 2015 3:42 PM GMT
Improved
Downing !!!( cos hes been woeful last two years )
Best player
Hazard !!!!
Report Mr Eboue February 13, 2015 3:44 PM GMT
On his day Aguero is about as good as we've got. His shocking injury record stops him from scoring 30 a season.
Report themover February 13, 2015 3:48 PM GMT
Fabregas would be second imho
Report Mr Eboue February 13, 2015 3:49 PM GMT
Yeah I was gunna say Fabregas 2nd then 3rd close between Sanchez, Toure, Hazard
Report mesmerised February 13, 2015 3:52 PM GMT
When fully fit, has to be Wilshere.

Regarding current players in full fitness and form, I'd have to plump for Electric Sanchez, head and shoulders above the rest.
Report themover February 13, 2015 3:55 PM GMT
Laugh
Report prepared83 February 13, 2015 3:55 PM GMT
Hazard
Report themover February 13, 2015 3:56 PM GMT
your loyalty to Wilshere deserves credit...but he just isn't the player he could have been
Report Mike-lfc February 13, 2015 4:00 PM GMT
Emre Can
Report stonecold- February 13, 2015 4:01 PM GMT
starting to think he is wilshire
Report jed.davison February 13, 2015 4:07 PM GMT
Well we don't know if Mesmerised can play football. But we do know he's a thick c**t, so it's possible.
Report mesmerised February 13, 2015 4:11 PM GMT
Smart enough to work out your other aliasLaugh
Report Westender February 13, 2015 4:11 PM GMT
Got to be Hazard with Wilshire and Van Injury contenders for the worst.
Report Westender February 13, 2015 4:25 PM GMT
There are currently zero World Class players playing in the premiership.

World Class to me is measured against players at the highest level who are as good as Pele, Maradona, George Best, Messi and Ronaldo.

Hazard has the potential to move into the above category but the harsh reality is that the Moneyship Clubs are forking out World Class Wages for 2nd rate players.
Report Mr Eboue February 13, 2015 4:27 PM GMT
So by your ratings there are currently only two ' world class ' players in the world?
Report stonecold- February 13, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
dont agree with that aguero and yaya both worldclass
Report Mike-lfc February 13, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
surely world class means you are amongst the best players in the world.
Report Mike-lfc February 13, 2015 4:29 PM GMT
not best players of all time
Report spyker February 13, 2015 4:37 PM GMT
Don't worry Westy will be along in a mo to clarify.........
Report themover February 13, 2015 4:49 PM GMT

Feb 13, 2015 -- 10:27AM, Mr Eboue wrote:

So by your ratings there are currently only two ' world class ' players in the world?

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report YOMOMMA February 13, 2015 4:49 PM GMT
The best player at the moment is Harry Kane.
Report themover February 13, 2015 4:54 PM GMT
Plain
Report clacherholiday2 February 13, 2015 6:50 PM GMT
aguerro, yaya, courtois.  cant think of any others that would get into any team in the world.
Report Si-K February 13, 2015 7:20 PM GMT
Aguero / Hazard / Toure / Sanchize
Report Si-K February 13, 2015 7:20 PM GMT
At this very moment.. Kane
Report bobtoe February 13, 2015 7:21 PM GMT
Aguero then Fabregas and Sanchez for me, Hazard has the potential, Matic is a key team player, Lloris best keeper.
RVP worth a note a couple of seasons ago. Silva is class and Yaya can boss a midfield.
Report Millerracing67 February 13, 2015 7:46 PM GMT
Hazard Cool Costa Cool Aguero Cool

Hazard No1 imo.

Jose best manager, Chelsea best team & both will win the Prem Cool
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 13, 2015 7:47 PM GMT
Same as si-k

Aguero  Hazard  Toure  Sanchez
Report Barry Conway February 13, 2015 8:02 PM GMT
Best value player has to be Bolasie. Signed for next to nothing now worth at least £25 million.
Report Can't Catch Me February 13, 2015 8:02 PM GMT
I genuinely cant believe David Silva hasnt had a mention yet.

Yet Harry Kane has Laugh
Report Woodshires February 13, 2015 8:03 PM GMT
Bolasie rofl
Report Woodshires February 13, 2015 8:04 PM GMT
*£25m
Report MadVlad February 13, 2015 8:06 PM GMT
Hazard
Report homefortea February 13, 2015 8:12 PM GMT
None of the below...

Tell me one forward player at the moment that does not fall over with the slightest touch..
Report mesmerised February 13, 2015 8:24 PM GMT
Report Westender February 14, 2015 12:59 AM GMT
You don't drop your standards when defining World Class -  even in periods when the standard of football in serious decline.

Not one currently in the Premiership, some good players Silva, Hazard and Aguerro but not one World Class
Report YOMOMMA February 14, 2015 1:07 AM GMT
aguero is fecking brilliant.
Report YOMOMMA February 14, 2015 1:08 AM GMT
he scored a hat trick v bayern munich. how many players have ever done that.
Report Outpost February 14, 2015 8:29 AM GMT
silva is the classiest player in the EPL by a long way and aguerro is the best striker in the EPL

kane is scoring goals against second rate players and we need to wait to see what he does against international class defenders.
Report Can't Catch Me February 14, 2015 8:32 AM GMT
That's a laughable post we'd tender. All three you mention are world class.

No world class players in the prem Laugh
Report TheCollector February 14, 2015 8:36 AM GMT
Fellaini
Report spyker February 14, 2015 10:04 AM GMT
Surely (and obviously) 'world class' simply means the best in the world at that time - they could be carp compared to 'all time greats' but they would still be 'world class'.
Report The Special One™ February 14, 2015 11:06 AM GMT
Report Westender February 14, 2015 11:55 AM GMT
So if the standard of football continues to decline, the best player in a poor era may be players with huge salaries with mediocre ability such as a Rooney, Wilshire, Gerrard or Wanky Lampard.

None could lace the boots of the all time greats and all are even way behind some of the great World Class Scottish players such as Kenny Dalglish, Jim Baxter, Jinky Johnstone and David Cooper.

World Class standard to me will always be players who would be up there with the greats in any era.
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 14, 2015 11:57 AM GMT
shirley that is the best of all time ?
Report elise February 14, 2015 12:08 PM GMT
if it's defined for example as if you put a 22 man squad together using any player from any country, would any epl players make that squad?

i think that 3 or 4 might be shortlisted, perhaps aguerro, costa, toure, maybe fabregas, but you'd need a top 30/40 to be sure they'd all definitely make it, i'm not sure if many would make the first 11 as starters

just my view
Report Westender February 14, 2015 12:09 PM GMT
Look at the SPL - not one of the current Celtic squad would get near the first team 20 years ago. when the standard of football was a good standard.

The league now is a joke and would people really state that Anthony Stokes or Lee Griffiths is World Class because they score goals every week against cannon fodder?

The definition of World Class - up there with the best in any era.

That is the standard or it won't be long before people claim Raheem Sterling is world class. Laugh
Report elise February 14, 2015 12:10 PM GMT
just to add whilst i think aguerro is the best striker in the epl (and poss best overall), there are probably 2 or 3 you could choose ahead of him in world football, toure might stand the best chance of being in a world 11 side
Report Westender February 14, 2015 12:11 PM GMT
The current period is irrelevant.

If the entire world footballing standard fell to current Scottish league level, it is absurd to consider any player world class.
Report spyker February 14, 2015 12:16 PM GMT
The definition of World Class - up there with the best in any era.

That's your definition but nobody else's - you've just defined 'all time great' very well though.........
Report Westender February 14, 2015 12:16 PM GMT
Toure is just another overpaid plodder mate and could not lace the boots of the great midfield players.

If you had a choice at their peak - would you select Zidane, Iniesta, Platini or Yaya?
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 14, 2015 12:16 PM GMT
Currently David De Gea for me, has earned his team the most points "on his own".... Is looking like he will be the first and possibly only 80 million pound goalkeeping transfer.
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 14, 2015 12:17 PM GMT

Feb 14, 2015 -- 6:16AM, Westender wrote:

Toure is just another overpaid plodder mate and could not lace the boots of the great midfield players.If you had a choice at their peak - would you select Zidane, Iniesta, Platini or Yaya?

Never seen Platini so can't judge. Of the other 3 Zidane without doubt.

Report ph. February 14, 2015 12:20 PM GMT
world class is generalised now by by many and the fickle supporter and seems to be based around celebrity and status within the media. It is no such thing. World class means you can fit into a world XI or make the bench if stretching the point. If you think somebody makes the team then you consider him world class if not he is a decent , very good or overated individual with a blindingly good agent.I can't believe that Osvaldo can pinch £70k a week yet not be good enough for Saints or Inter. The game has gone ga ga. There are plenty of excellent agents who could sell sand to the Arabs at a premium. Agents that are self serving. They come first, the player second, the club third and the fans can f*** off.
Report ph. February 14, 2015 12:23 PM GMT
Ergo England haven't any world class players! Neither have Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales may have one if you consider him a winger but he doesn't play as a wide man nowadays.
Report elise February 14, 2015 12:37 PM GMT
i think that welshman is prob the only chance there is of a home nations player making a world squad
Report ph. February 14, 2015 12:54 PM GMT
undoubtedly,wide left him or Di Maria? Thats a no brainer but for all that pace and strength he doesn't want to be stuck outside the game wide on the left.
Report elise February 14, 2015 12:58 PM GMT
agree, so the only home grown talent in world football is a bit player who might struggle to get into a world 11 but is a nice sub to throw on after an hour
Report lfc1971 February 14, 2015 1:42 PM GMT
World class is not defined by who would get into a world eleven now.
There may be eg 3 world class goalscorers, or goalkeepers at one time but only one would be in the team...this does not then mean the others are not world class...

To be world class you must be of the highest level produced throughout the history of world football...that's how it is.
Report Westender February 14, 2015 1:56 PM GMT
Spot on above mate.

In my opinion there are none currently playing in the Premeirship.

Some really good players such as Hazard who have time on their side to get up there with the best.
Report ph. February 14, 2015 1:57 PM GMT
you have the best and the rest, the rest get well paid for their short comings. Its not garnered through eras it is the here and now, world class means you are a pick and get to strut your stuff. FFS even Balotelli used to have his followers hyping him up just like agents have to. The exceptional do not need to sell themselves their ability and attitude/focus does that.
Report n88uk February 14, 2015 2:06 PM GMT
If you were ignoring injury issues it's clearly Aguero for me. When he's on top form, there's no-one as devastating. His injury record though stops him hitting the absolute elite of world football as he can never stay fit for the entire season.

Surprised at all the mentions of Yaya in here. Yaya is a liability vs good teams, only looks good vs weaker teams. The game just passes him by when Man City don't have the ball and he's just a passenger on the team then.
Report Westender February 14, 2015 2:21 PM GMT
ph - hypothetical situation

The entire football world deteriorated below SPL standard.

Surely there is zero world class players at that point in time.

Imagine comparing Carrick to Zidane - like comparing a rotten reliant robin with a Ferrari
Report ph. February 14, 2015 2:39 PM GMT
if you qualified for a place then you are at the time world class, the benchmark will move accordingly. You can only beat what is in front of you,comparing eras is purely for those who like to argue and antagonise. Today they are faster and fitter not to mention mollycoddled, even the balls don't hurt.For comparison would say Ronaldo have survived in the 60s and 70s? Heavy balls,heavy pitches, no protection from the Ref and not being awarded a free kick or penalty every time he is brushed off the ball. So he is great today but could he have excited like Best at that time?
Report ph. February 14, 2015 2:46 PM GMT
my alltime top two and I'm showing my age are Maradona and Messi. I was born at the arse end of the 60s,so can't talk about Pele or Best. Maradona won a WC more or less on his own. Him an Messi had/have everthing bar height and decent advisors. Each to their own but I prefer Messi's football ethic to Ronaldo's,one gets on with it the other wants everything on his terms and throws himself around like a two year old. His goal record though is phenomonal, I just dislike the preening package.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com