Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Monkey Boy:The Directors Cut
01 Feb 15 18:04
| Topic/replies: 868 | Blogger: Monkey Boy:The Directors Cut's blog
1) Fabregas
2) Silva
3) Coutinho
4) Eriksen
5) Cazorla
6) Di Maria

A most pleasing and most accurate list.
Pause Switch to Standard View Rank these players - Fabregas, Silva,...
Show More
Report CR7 February 1, 2015 7:05 PM GMT
Di Maria
Report Marcce February 1, 2015 7:06 PM GMT
Coutinho in that list Laugh

Was it a toss up between him and George Boyd for the 6th name in the list?
Report CR7 February 1, 2015 7:08 PM GMT
1. Di Maria
2. Silva
3. Fabregas
4. Cazorla
5. Eriksen
6. Coutinho
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 1, 2015 7:12 PM GMT
1. Fabregas
2. Silva
3. Cazorla
4. Erik seen
5. Di Maria
6. Coutinho
Report mafeking February 1, 2015 7:12 PM GMT
erikesen 21 goals in 65 apps for spurs. pretty sure he's the highest scoring midfielder in the prem in the last 12 months
Eriksen
I meant that as a reply to my last post.
Report Can't Catch Me February 1, 2015 7:19 PM GMT
Lads. I've got a genuine tip for you, and aim not on the wind up. You need to watch Coutinho more. Often he's too good for those around him. He's an absolute magician.

If you do, you will see why Bayern offered €30m for him in the summer IMO.
Report CR7 February 1, 2015 7:22 PM GMT

Feb 1, 2015 -- 7:12PM, mafeking wrote:

erikesen 21 goals in 65 apps for spurs. pretty sure he's the highest scoring midfielder in the prem in the last 12 months

Hazard?

Report Glossy February 1, 2015 7:23 PM GMT
I've seen plenty of him. He's talented but all too often has no final product. His shooting is generally woeful as is his final ball. The other 5 players all have an end product of a greater quality.
Report Can't Catch Me February 1, 2015 7:29 PM GMT
His shooting is poor I agree. His final ball definitely isn't.
Report Glossy February 1, 2015 7:31 PM GMT
Don't get me wrong, he plays some great little balls through, but his decision making is lacking. All too often picks the wrong option, far more so than the others on the list.
Report GODSEND February 1, 2015 8:12 PM GMT
1. Di Maria 2. Silva 3. Fabregas 4. Carzola 5. Erikson 6. Coutinho
Report Marcce February 1, 2015 8:32 PM GMT
Top spots's between Fabregas and Silva. Di Maria can't be considered as up there with those 2 until he's proved he can do it without being dragged along on Ronaldo's coat tails. Up until now this season he hasn't proved that. 4th and 5th places are between Cazorla and Eriksen and I'd just give the nod to Cazorla. Coutinho has to be bottom of the list at the present time because as has already been said there's just not enough end product from him.
Report n88uk February 1, 2015 8:47 PM GMT
Di Maria and Fabregas are the only two on the list actually proven at the top, top level, ie. Champions League level.
Report hitmanhearn February 1, 2015 10:29 PM GMT
Liverpool fans wouldn't swap Coutinho for anyone else on the list. He's mid table of that list already but he's the one with the most scope for improvement.  He's only a kid and is going to be top drawer.
Report songsforthedeaf February 1, 2015 10:48 PM GMT
Not sure what ADM is doing on this list of central attacking playmakers.

Very hard to choose, the only certainty is Coutinho, right now, is bottom. If you thin hes better than Eriksen Laugh you are biased and/or don't watch football.
Report ours4keeps February 1, 2015 10:52 PM GMT
Cazorla surely bottom by a distance . Had about 3 good games in 18 months.
Report OldGold February 1, 2015 10:54 PM GMT
Eriksen gets bonus points for excelling in his first season in a big league.
Report ours4keeps February 1, 2015 11:17 PM GMT
I do think Eriksen's a good player. Wouldn't swap him for Coutinho though. In fact the only one I would swap him for is Silva.
Report Mr Eboue February 1, 2015 11:40 PM GMT
You wouldnt swap Coutinho for Cesc Fabregas?
Report charwell. February 2, 2015 12:38 AM GMT
In terms of age, current ability and potential Coutinho is the best player on the list.

In terms of current ability alone:

Fabergas
Silva
Di Maria
Couthino
Cazorla
Ercison
Report themover February 2, 2015 1:55 AM GMT
1. Silva
2. Silva
3. Silva
4. Silva
5. Silva
6. Silva

Grin
Report mafeking February 2, 2015 3:25 AM GMT
coutinho is only 4 months younger than eriksen. there can't be many 22 year olds in europe who've done as much as eriksen has so far
Report Can't Catch Me February 2, 2015 8:31 AM GMT
The problem with threads like this is, that everyone is going to be biased to the player they know the best. I've seen more of Coutinho than probably everyone on this thread, so feel better placed to judge him. But the opposite becomes the case when I then start comparing him to the likes of Eriksen and Cazorla who I might watch live once or twice a season and on TV however many times a season they are on.

All of them are also playing in vastly different sides as well. Eriksen and Coutinho deserve extra credit fir playing in the inferior sides... How good would they both look in a truly world class side? I think Coutinho would excel hugely with better players around him.

The only thing I'm sure of, is that Silva is easily the best of the lot!
Report The Dragon February 2, 2015 8:44 AM GMT
di marie has been very disappointing at utd
Report ours4keeps February 2, 2015 9:13 AM GMT
Eboue, I'd accept that right now Fabregas is the better player but football can be emotional and on that basis I wouldn't swap.

Some could make  the argument that Shearer was a better player than Fowler. I know I'm flying against the wind but I'd still never have swapped them either.

Regarding these I'd also add that Cesc is 5 years older and his lack of pace can make him a bit of a liability defensively while little Phil has bags of potential to develop further.
Report Mike-lfc February 2, 2015 9:37 AM GMT
out of players i'd want at Liverpool.... 1. Coutinho, 2. Di Maria, 3. Silva, 4. Erikson, 5. Fabregas, 6. Cazorla.... Not sure what Fabregas does to be higher than the rest of them... other than "he played for Barcelona"
Report Mike-lfc February 2, 2015 9:40 AM GMT

Feb 2, 2015 -- 9:37AM, Mike-lfc wrote:

out of players i'd want at Liverpool.... 1. Coutinho, 2. Di Maria, 3. Silva, 4. Erikson, 5. Fabregas, 6. Cazorla.... Not sure what Fabregas does to be higher than the rest of them... other than "he played for Barcelona"

Just seem the assist charts Laugh... Fabregas was ****g useless against Liverpool in both legs. How has he got 15 assists.

Report Mr Eboue February 2, 2015 10:26 AM GMT
Fabregas has been one of the outstanding midfielders in Europe in the last decade. Coutinho is an outstanding young talent but when Fabregas was Coutinho's age he was bossing games in the champions league for goodness sake.

When Coutinho is creating, scoring and running games against Europes elite then we have a comparison.

Silva
Fabregas

are miles ahead of the rest for me.
Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 11:05 AM GMT
tbh greizman p1sses on all of those....
Report Mr Eboue February 2, 2015 11:11 AM GMT
No he doesn't.
Report CR7 February 2, 2015 11:14 AM GMT
yes he does
Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 11:15 AM GMT
course he does.

he can be used in a pressing system unike some attacking mids who are too luxury to actually help the system.

he can play wide or in the hole or even up top...decent in the air too.

he is so versatile its untrue.
Report CR7 February 2, 2015 11:16 AM GMT

Feb 2, 2015 -- 3:25AM, mafeking wrote:

coutinho is only 4 months younger than eriksen. there can't be many 22 year olds in europe who've done as much as eriksen has so far

Pogba is miles better then eriksen and younger

Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 11:16 AM GMT
all for 21 mil euros!!!!!!
Report jed.davison February 2, 2015 11:24 AM GMT
I think they're all better footballers than Eriksen, in some cases by streets, but it would be hard to argue that Eriksen hasn't made the most difference for his team this season. Four late winning goals, two goals in a Cup semi-final and some beautiful free kicks.

FWIW Silva is the best, closely followed by Fabregas. I agree with the Liverpool fans that Coutinho is a fantastic player already and has the potential to be better than any of them, but potential is all it is right now.
Report CR7 February 2, 2015 11:28 AM GMT

Feb 2, 2015 -- 11:24AM, jed.davison wrote:

I think they're all better footballers than Eriksen, in some cases by streets, but it would be hard to argue that Eriksen hasn't made the most difference for his team this season. Four late winning goals, two goals in a Cup semi-final and some beautiful free kicks.FWIW Silva is the best, closely followed by Fabregas. I agree with the Liverpool fans that Coutinho is a fantastic player already and has the potential to be better than any of them, but potential is all it is right now.

Fully agree with this

Report jed.davison February 2, 2015 11:33 AM GMT
That's settled then Laugh
Report Marcce February 2, 2015 11:47 AM GMT
Have to say I really don't get this adulation for Coutinho.

I liked him at Inter until he lost his way and let's not forget the "future of Inter" was let go for less than 9 million. He's had some decent performances for Liverpool but last season the main threats in that team were Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling and this season it's been Sterling. When Chelsea come up against Liverpool there are some players I'm happy to see missing from their side. Coutinho really isn't one of them.

The potential to be better than all of them? I don't see that at all. As for the guy who's not sure what Fabregas does to be higher than the rest of them Laugh
Report Mr Eboue February 2, 2015 12:06 PM GMT
Jed and marcce are talking sense.

And as for G1 jockey - at the start of last season you put paulinho in your BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD eleven. So anything you say has to be taken with extreme caution.
Report jed.davison February 2, 2015 12:22 PM GMT
Don't forget the "future best centre-back in world football" Sebastian Coates, and the best midfielder ever Lucas Leiva.

Paulinho LMFAO
Report CR7 February 2, 2015 12:23 PM GMT

Feb 2, 2015 -- 12:22PM, jed.davison wrote:

Don't forget the "future best centre-back in world football" Sebastian Coates, and the best midfielder ever Lucas Leiva.Paulinho LMFAO

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh Is this serious?

Report jed.davison February 2, 2015 12:26 PM GMT
I think mr eboue must be winding us up CR7, only a certifiable halfwit would have Paulinho within half a mile of any football team.
Report Mr Eboue February 2, 2015 12:34 PM GMT
No honestly it happened. In his first half a dozen games Paulinho actually looked like a half decent footballer and scored a couple of goals. Obviously this elevated him to global superstardom.
Report jermaine defonebox February 2, 2015 2:07 PM GMT
Courtino
Carzola
Ericsson
Di Maria
Silva
Fabrigas

Think Maria is unlucky to be playing with such c rap around him and Ericsson could be best by end year.!
Report themover February 2, 2015 2:21 PM GMT
shocking list jermaine...REPORTED
Report mcfc1981 February 2, 2015 4:07 PM GMT
on this season
fabregas
silva
eriksen
di maria
coutinho
cazorla

maybe even eriksen above silva
Report themover February 2, 2015 4:17 PM GMT
Silva was out for a while this season but as a player he's above Eriksen imho

of those players I'd probably have it like this :

1. Silva
2. Fabregas
3. Di Maria
4. Eriksen
5. Cazorla
6. Coutinho
Report mcfc1981 February 2, 2015 4:24 PM GMT
if I was rating them overall id have the same list as u with 5 and 6 swapped
Report lfc1971 February 2, 2015 4:30 PM GMT
Fabregas is the worst.
Report Mr Eboue February 2, 2015 6:15 PM GMT
Put the fishing rod away lfc1971.
Report hitmanhearn February 2, 2015 6:27 PM GMT
It's all relative because in 3 years Coutinho and Eriksen will be miles clear of the rest  .
Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 6:54 PM GMT
1.greizman
2.coutinio.

the rest nowhere

how much did di maria cost btw especially as greizman was better than him last season????

oh and better than sanchez
Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 6:56 PM GMT
Don't forget the "future best centre-back in world football" Sebastian Coates, and the best midfielder ever Lucas Leiva.Paulinho LMFAO

already had to out one halfwit who wrote lucas off after returning from a 2 month layoff last season.
he returns this season and completely changes our predicatment.

coates done his acl and is still trying to get gametime to re build his career....
Report Mr Eboue February 2, 2015 7:21 PM GMT
Where the hell did Greizmann come into this? And if you think coutinho is currently a better player than Fabregas or Silva you need serious help.
Report berto77 February 2, 2015 7:24 PM GMT

Feb 2, 2015 -- 6:54PM, G1_Jockey_4 wrote:

1.greizman 2.coutinio.the rest nowhere how much did di maria cost btw especially as greizman was better than him last season????oh and better than sanchez

Laugh

Report Can't Catch Me February 2, 2015 7:28 PM GMT
Berto and Mr E. You're clearly not factoring in 'space management' enough IMO.
Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 7:32 PM GMT
good reasoning eboue i like the way you explained it in detail...so must be true Laugh
Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 7:33 PM GMT
as for greizman...if you have been watching la liga...you would know what im on about sunshine Wink
Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 7:33 PM GMT
fkn p1ssy pants gooners
Report berto77 February 2, 2015 7:34 PM GMT

Feb 2, 2015 -- 7:28PM, Can't Catch Me wrote:

Berto and Mr E. You're clearly not factoring in 'space management' enough IMO.

Yeah, that and which one presses at the highest intensity Mischief

Report G1_Jockey_4 February 2, 2015 7:37 PM GMT
organised is more important ...but id take it you know that hey berto Wink

gerrard or lucas...you know which one makes sense.
Report Can't Catch Me February 3, 2015 8:10 AM GMT
Marcce. Have to say I disagree with your post completely, but then I would, wouldn't I Grin

His time at Inter is largely irrelevant as he was almost exclusively played out wide, and anyone can see he isn't a winger. I didn't understand your slightly derisory tone in making the point about 'the future of Inter being let go for £8m'. So because he didn't go for big money, he mustn't be any good? He was very young, was nothing more than a potentially good player and Inter decided to cash in. This has no bearing on how good he is or isn't now IMO and there are literally countless examples of players who have been let go for small sums but proved top players.

And not all teams are like Chelsea and can afford to buy £30m players every time they need one. The fact Bayern offered €30m for him this summer gives you a good idea of how he is rated IMO.

To suggest he wasn't instrumental in last season is plain wrong.... He was creating a lot of the chances for Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling. In fact, here is an interesting stat for you. @WhoScored: Philippe Coutinho: Since joining Liverpool in Jan 2013, no player has created more clear-cut chances in the PL than @Phil_Coutinho (27) #lfc.

That's in the whole division. Not bad for a lad with no end product.

Ask Kolo Toure. He's seen a few top players in his time.... And in an interview last season, while Suarez was still at the club, he said he had no doubt PC was Liverpool's best player.

I'm also surprised as I'm not sure you can have watched the first leg of the Capital One Cup... As from my seat, he was head and shoulders the best outfield player on the pitch.

Anyway, lest see how he develops... I am confident which way he will go, and I look forward to more people starting to realise just how good he is.
Report Rob_The_Bantam February 3, 2015 9:07 AM GMT
1. Fabregas
2. Silva
3. Di Maria
4. Eriksen
5. Coutinho
6. Cazorla

Crazy that Fabregas is only 27; he seems to have been at the top of the game forever.
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 3, 2015 9:56 AM GMT
On who I would want in my team

1. Eriksen
2. Fabregas
3. Silva
4. Di Maria
5. Coutinho
6. Cazorla

On ability/brains

1. Silva
2. Eriksen
3. Fabregas
4. Di Maria
5. Cazorla
6. Coutinho
Report mesmerised February 3, 2015 12:55 PM GMT
1. Silva
2. Cazorla
3. Di Maria
4. Coutinho
5. Fibreglass
6. Eriksen

a big lol to those who have Eriksen top.
Report Marcce February 3, 2015 5:48 PM GMT
Doesn't surprise me at all CCM Wink

I don't think his time at Inter can be dismissed as irrelevant to be honest because the object of this whole thing was to rate 6 players. In doing that I had to try and find any reason why Coutinho shouldn't be bottom of the pile. For example on this season alone Di Maria wouldn't be top 3 so you have to take into account what he's done at Madrid. Highlighting the fee was just a reference to the fact that he was a disappointment at Inter.

Have to say I'm always suspicious of these clear cut chance stats. Who exactly decides what a clear cut chance is? In addition Coutinho's assist stats aren't particularly impressive so he must be awfully unlucky in relation to other players that so many of these clear cut chances he's creating are missed.

I remember seeing something about creative midfielders last summer and based on last season Coutinho wasn't in the top 10 for number of chances created according to their stats. In a team that scored over 100 goals he scored 5 and had 7 assists I believe. I don't think he'd had a single assist in the PL up until Christmas this season and had scored just 2 goals. Personally I'd be expecting a lot more from someone who some people feel is the best player at the club.

Not sure I'd agree that he was your best player in the first leg. He did cause us some problems last week, especially in the first half but there are still several players I'd rather not see playing against us than him from that Liverpool team.

Maybe he will live up to all the accolades he gets from Liverpool players and fans at some stage but at the present time he can only possibly be rated bottom amongst that particular list of players in my view.
Report grumpyjim February 3, 2015 6:02 PM GMT
same as mesmerised .. snap ?
Report Monkey Boy:The Directors Cut March 1, 2015 7:32 PM GMT
Interesting last month it's been. Need to modify the list.Cool

1. Coutinho
2. Fabregas
3. Silva
4. Eriksen
5. Di Maria
6. Cazorla

Some clueless morons on this thread.
Report ph. March 1, 2015 7:35 PM GMT
think Di Maria is the tallest, then the other short arses about 5 1/2 ft and probably Coutinho shortest at 4 ft 10"
Report pushkin99 March 1, 2015 7:44 PM GMT
This seems about right to me, with Di Maria a long way adrift of the rest.

1. Fabregas
2. Silva
3. Coutinho
4. Eriksen
5. Cazorla

6. Di Maria
Report stridingedge March 1, 2015 7:47 PM GMT
coutinho needs to score some tap ins

gI am getting utterly bored of his 25 yard pile drivers Laugh
Report stridingedge March 1, 2015 7:51 PM GMT
PC has always been good on the eye in games but consistency and end product needed improving on. Hopefully starting to show this now, started the season quite slowly (as did the team) but has been mostly brilliant in the 2nd half of the season.

Hopefully at 22 can progress further, just glad he resigned for us.#, is definitely a huge part of this team now.
Report The Bhoys March 1, 2015 10:13 PM GMT
messi , ronaldo , hAazard
Report tobermory November 7, 2016 5:39 PM GMT
what would this list look like now ?
Report scandanavian_haven November 7, 2016 5:45 PM GMT
1) Coutinho
2) Silva
3) Di Maria
4) Eriksen
5) Cazorla
6) Fabregas
Report tobermory November 7, 2016 5:49 PM GMT
I don't think Di Maria should ever have been included as the other 5 all play in the same central area of the pitch and have similar tasks .
Report hitman76 November 7, 2016 6:50 PM GMT
Few red faces on here ref Coutinho
Report TENDY November 7, 2016 6:53 PM GMT
stridingedge • March 1, 2015 7:47 PM GMT
coutinho needs to score some tap ins

gI am getting utterly bored of his 25 yard pile drivers Laugh

Seriously speaking he actually does need to! Far too many easier chances are being missed.

The co-commentator was not talking much sense yday but on the chance he had..he prob had a point.
Report brendrew November 7, 2016 8:08 PM GMT
1. Coutinho rest nowhere atm
Report charwell. November 7, 2016 8:32 PM GMT
[i]Joined: 28 Sep 04 | Topic/replies: 7,652 | Blogger: charwell.'s blog
In terms of age, current ability and potential Coutinho is the best player on the list.

.....us Reds knew Wink

He wasn't the best player when the list went up but unquestionably is now.
Report Can't Catch Me November 7, 2016 9:22 PM GMT
Haha. Great top. I was only thinking the other day about the Spurs fans who claimed Erikaen was better than Coutinho. Priceless.
Report themover November 7, 2016 9:27 PM GMT
Coutinho has had a good start to the season but one swallow doesn't make a summer
Report themover November 7, 2016 9:33 PM GMT
Coutinho since 2012/13

2012/13 3 goals 7 assists
2013/14 5 goals 7 assists
2014/15 5 goals 7 assists
2015/16 8 goals 6 assists
2016/17 to date 8 goals 6 assists
Report charwell. November 11, 2016 6:35 PM GMT
one swallow doesn't make a summer

Not sure about that.

I was given a tremendous gobble last August and I can still remember it now Laugh

Coutinho cements his place at the top after another worldie v the Argies last night.
Report letsrock! November 11, 2016 10:23 PM GMT
Cazorla unfairly maligned here, particularly as he has been playing as a deep lying centre mid the last 2 seasons , the rest play a more attacking role. Arsenal with Cazorla fit look like title winners, without him they look average IMO.
Report jed.davison November 11, 2016 10:33 PM GMT
Funny that he's hardly been mentioned letsrock. Lovely little player imo.

Coutinho now the best though, there can't be any doubt about that. Eriksen's now No.48
Report tobermory November 15, 2017 5:16 PM GMT
Eriksen now No.1  ?
Report mcfc1981 November 15, 2017 5:33 PM GMT
David Silva is still number one not just on this list but in the prem
Report mcfc1981 November 15, 2017 5:36 PM GMT
If I had to do the list again it would be
1.Silva
2.Eriksen
3.Coutinho
4.Di Maria
5.Fabregas
6.Cazorla
Report jed.davison November 15, 2017 5:42 PM GMT
One swallow does not a summer make. Eriksen remains a pale shadow of the other players on that list.
Report mafeking November 15, 2017 6:48 PM GMT
jed, not sure that's gonna be enough to put the sharks off should they come circling in the summer Cool
Report sofaking November 18, 2017 4:49 AM GMT

Feb 1, 2015 -- 6:53PM, Can't Catch Me wrote:

Eriksen better than Coutinho

Well yes,  Coutinho goes missing far too often. I doubt many Spurs fans would swap.

Report Can't Catch Me November 18, 2017 10:49 AM GMT
Looks like we are all happy then sofa as I don't imagine many Liverpool fans would swap either.

Not sure where you get the idea he often goes missing from. He's a consistent performer these days.
Report jed.davison November 19, 2017 11:15 AM GMT
I'd swap Eriksen for Coutinho tomorrow and pay eight figures on top.
Report stridingedge November 19, 2017 2:50 PM GMT
coutinho goes missing

Involved directly in 14 goals assisting or scoring in last 15 games he's played.

He's definitely improved massively in consistency, was once a fair criticism but not for me anymore.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 19, 2017 3:14 PM GMT
I think the goes missing comment is a fair one if were talking elite players

He has improved Hus consistency in effecting more games more regular

He had a couple of injuries which didn't help

I think the top players and I mean messi ronaldo then Suarez neymar seem to influence very game with a goal or assist

But he's got time on his side and he may join a club where he gets a better easier surroundings to do this
Report jed.davison November 19, 2017 3:18 PM GMT
You mean he may get to join a team in a League where every game other than about four a season is a total gimme?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 19, 2017 3:21 PM GMT
Yep
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com