Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Poppydog.
28 Jan 15 19:55
| Topic/replies: 19,778 | Blogger: Poppydog.'s blog
Manchester United have warned about 9,000 season-ticket holders that a seat for next week’s FA Cup replay
against Cambridge United needed to be bought by 8pm on Wednesday
or they would not be allowed to attend the home match with Sunderland on 28 February.

The letter sent to season-ticket holders and seen by the Guardian states:
“The deadline to buy your seat for Cambridge United is 8pm tonight.
Please note that not buying this ticket will result in your Season Ticket being suspended for the Sunderland game.”

The Guardian today
Pause Switch to Standard View Man Utd plc: 'Dear Season Ticket...
Show More
Report The Special One™ January 28, 2015 7:59 PM GMT
The debt must be so big after splashing out billions on players to try and buy the title again
  LaughLaughLaugh
Report donny osmond January 28, 2015 8:00 PM GMT
shocking

players play rubbish away, 9k fans fined on their behalf
Report pauliow January 28, 2015 8:00 PM GMT
Breach of terms and conditions!!
Report themover January 28, 2015 8:00 PM GMT
do they have to buy a prawn sandwich as well?
Report Betfair_billionaire January 28, 2015 8:00 PM GMT
Laugh
Report pauliow January 28, 2015 8:01 PM GMT
Report pauliow January 28, 2015 8:01 PM GMT
Report donny osmond January 28, 2015 8:01 PM GMT
players should pay for tickets for the fans
Report themover January 28, 2015 8:01 PM GMT
Laugh
Report chathamjack January 28, 2015 8:04 PM GMT
missing a game featuring a low scoring Sunderland side, is the letter a threat or a recommendation? Plain
Report themover January 28, 2015 8:06 PM GMT
in other news Cambridge are using some of the money from the match to spruce up the toilets at their ground. I haven't been able to get confirmation that the toilets will have United's badge on them Laugh
Report grumpyjim January 28, 2015 10:12 PM GMT
if ever a time to repay fans its to slash prices !! must turn soon or branded  like cattle  ...Cambridge need you in them seats at any price ,,,while £50 seems o.k. for available facilities including no need to urinate in street ,as no charge on toilet facilities at this top venue ...
if we all pay up as suggested and Cambridge benefit with a full house least they can do is take up posters idea of UTD  BADGES  on  site  PLUS  ..say a photo in corner of LVG  ON toilet seats ,to be replaced if damage for minimum 5 years to show faith hold back  part  payment ?? until time is up !!! ...  Make sure we get a reminder that fans can make a pilgrimage each year , on same date  ,as game ,  as a remembrance ,  for fans  who attended ,that fateful Friday ,,....  better than plane nearly  ?? need advised by PTB IF  THE PRICE IS RIGHT OR A .N . OTHER IDEAS .. WE MUST PAY UP  !! THIS COULD BE VERY CLASSY FACILITIES IN THESE NECK OFF THE WOODS . THEY HAVE ALL THEM PLAYERS FOR NOUGHT   ...  WE NEED THEM ON BOARD AS AN ACADEMY >>>>
Report The Special One™ January 28, 2015 10:24 PM GMT

Jan 28, 2015 -- 10:12PM, grumpyjim wrote:

if ever a time to repay fans its to slash prices !! must turn soon or branded  like cattle  ...Cambridge need you in them seats at any price ,,,while £50 seems o.k. for available facilities including no need to urinate in street ,as no charge on toilet facilities at this top venue ...if we all pay up as suggested and Cambridge benefit with a full house least they can do is take up posters idea of UTD  BADGES  on  site  PLUS  ..say a photo in corner of LVG  ON toilet seats ,to be replaced if damage for minimum 5 years to show faith hold back  part  payment ?? until time is up !!! ...  Make sure we get a reminder that fans can make a pilgrimage each year , on same date  ,as game ,  as a remembrance ,  for fans  who attended ,that fateful Friday ,,....  better than plane nearly  ?? need advised by PTB IF  THE PRICE IS RIGHT OR A .N . OTHER IDEAS .. WE MUST PAY UP  !! THIS COULD BE VERY CLASSY FACILITIES IN THESE NECK OFF THE WOODS . THEY HAVE ALL THEM PLAYERS FOR NOUGHT   ...  WE NEED THEM ON BOARD AS AN ACADEMY >>>>

Can someone translate this please? Thankyou

Report The Special One™ January 28, 2015 10:25 PM GMT

Jan 28, 2015 -- 8:06PM, themover wrote:

in other news Cambridge are using some of the money from the match to spruce up the toilets at their ground. I haven't been able to get confirmation that the toilets will have United's badge on them

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report Woodshires January 28, 2015 10:38 PM GMT
why is it only 9,000......assume United have more season ticket holders than that, or are old school season ticket holders exempt ???
Report grumpyjim January 28, 2015 10:53 PM GMT
LET'S HOPE WE CAN COME OUT UNSCATHED ON TUESDAY NIGHT ... SUFFER From 33% old/ zeimers so  it don't come easy one finger typing for a long post such as you can't understand ... PITY ...      !!        TEA FACILITIES  included AS WELL FOR OLD AGE PENSIONERS PROBABLY BEST VALUE AS SUPPORTERS  at UTD ..  , as goodwill  to part with our fifty quids to help fellow professionalS  , at this time as we are also under  going reorganising our squad ....!! AND MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE .......We may in future price games against lower leagues (i.e. )70 plus  places below  a .bit lower  ..  if they have to come to THEATRE OF DREAMS   in future ...as entitled to 50% of gate less 20%  VAT ,,, and expenses  of police , stewards  ,   etc   .say at Tuesdays prices around 1 million plus if ground is full as season tickets   NOT  VALID ...IF NOT PAID ON TO-NIGHT  .....GO ON GENERAL SALE ..??? ALWAYS  ... NORMALLY ... SELL OUT SEASON HOLDERS WHO PUT IN THE POT DAYS NOT APPEARING FOR THE SEAT ...TO GET BEST ATTENDANCE ON THE DAY ...special one are you IN FOR 50£  @S worth to help  old Cambridge
Report grumpyjim January 28, 2015 11:02 PM GMT
forgot  10% goes to football association as it's their income to run the English team ..!!! so after deductions  SAY  30  ..odd %  TO EACH CLUB  ..
Report themover January 28, 2015 11:05 PM GMT
I would have thought as Man United can afford to pay Falcao, Rooney, Di Maria, RVP etc. their weekly salaries they wouldn't need to force fans to pay £50 ...how very thoughtful of them though to help out Cambridge United

Laugh
Report salmon spray January 28, 2015 11:07 PM GMT
Why isn't that breach of contract ?
Report themover January 28, 2015 11:18 PM GMT
Man U Terms and Conditions of Season Ticket :

FA Cup, European Cup and League Cup Competitions
23. Subject to Paragraphs 24, 25 and 27, the Club shall use card details provided under paragraph 15 to fulfil the
purchase by a Ticket Holder of a ticket for each of the Club’s home matches at the Stadium in the FA Cup,
European cup and League Cup competitions (excluding finals).

Opting out of League Cup matches
25. At the point of purchasing a Season Ticket, each Ticket Holder will be entitled to opt out of purchasing a
ticket for all home League Cup matches during the Season.

Consequences of Opting-out
28. If a Ticket Holder opts out of purchasing any cup ticket (either at the start of the Season (in the case of the
League Cup) or on a match by match basis), then this may adversely affect any application to obtain away
match tickets (which includes, without limitation, any finals of cup competitions and any FA Cup semi-finals)
through the application processes operated by the Club.
Report Eeternaloptimist January 28, 2015 11:22 PM GMT
I find myself in something of a quandary. The club is the scum of the earth and they are bending their fans over and sticking it up their wazoo. Any right thinking supporter of the game should be outraged but that is my quandary. The fans are a vile rancid bunch so I think I'll stick to my usual line of just hoping the stadium collapses back into the primordial swamp on which it is built. Best all round really.
Report themover January 28, 2015 11:26 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Do wah Diddy January 28, 2015 11:29 PM GMT
IT WAS STATED IN UTDS ACCOUNTS ALEX FERGUSSON IS PAID 2 MILLION POUNDS A YEAR TO BE THEIR WORLD WIDE AMBASSADOR FOR THE CLUB,NO WONDER THE KIDS OF POOR PEOPLE CANT AFFORD TO SEE THE TEAM PLAY
Report themover January 28, 2015 11:41 PM GMT
Cry
Report themover January 28, 2015 11:43 PM GMT
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/11368712/
Why-Manchester-United-must-emulate-Manchester-City-and-reduce-their-FA-Cup-ticket-prices.html
Report themover January 28, 2015 11:44 PM GMT
"so United’s choice is clear. Either make the game affordable to all and win the hearts and minds of a new generation by following City’s example, or stick to the small print and charge supporters for a game they do not want to see."

well said the Telegraph
Report stickyvicky January 28, 2015 11:49 PM GMT

Jan 28, 2015 -- 11:29PM, Do wah Diddy wrote:

IT WAS STATED IN UTDS ACCOUNTS ALEX FERGUSSON IS PAID 2 MILLION POUNDS A YEAR TO BE THEIR WORLD WIDE AMBASSADOR FOR THE CLUB,NO WONDER THE KIDS OF POOR PEOPLE CANT AFFORD TO SEE THE TEAM PLAY

With Fergies' horse share in Rock of Gibraltar firing blanks he needs to make cash somewhere, tight old scotish git.

Report The Special One™ January 29, 2015 12:23 AM GMT

Jan 28, 2015 -- 11:22PM, Eeternaloptimist wrote:

I find myself in something of a quandary. The club is the scum of the earth and they are bending their fans over and sticking it up their wazoo. Any right thinking supporter of the game should be outraged but that is my quandary. The fans are a vile rancid bunch so I think I'll stick to my usual line of just hoping the stadium collapses back into the primordial swamp on which it is built. Best all round really.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report Westender January 29, 2015 1:30 AM GMT
Dear Man Utd

Having been bored to death watching your team only create 2 chance against a bottom division team costing £7,500 (YES ONLY £7,500), please do me the favour of banning me from the Sunderland game so I do not have to endure another 0-0 stinker.

In fact, please send me another season ticket card as I went for a dump about 83 mins into the recent Cambridge game and somehow used my season ticket card instead of toilet roll to wipe the shyte from my arris.

Having watched shyte for 83 mins at the time. I obviously had a brain malfunction between watching shyte and wiping shyte.

Your sincerely

Sir Whiskey Nose
Report degsy42 January 29, 2015 7:23 AM GMT
Dear Utd
               Philosophy my Ar5e
Report grumpyjim January 29, 2015 9:05 AM GMT
hoping for a huge turnout to support this poor squad to get out of the mire ,as a defeat ON TUESDAY  will result in a mass exodus  of personnel in summer ..
all these great signings could make a mass exodus and gain themselves a big pay day as frees ..... ?????  ...,can negotiate signing on NEW   fees ??? ,,,,,,, GAME  IS CRAZY ......!!! 
Everything ,is in hands of fans ,at end of the day , pay up , or stay away in great numbers next year only way to show you have the POWER   .....Club Suffers for Duff decision' s at end of the day !!!......Can common sense prevail in future .. let's see ...............Every seat for the game is worth a PONY  25 £    give fans a break ........face it CAMBRIDGE WILL BE DELGHTED TO PERFORM AT THE THEATRE OF DREAMS   ...2K  BONUS TO WIN  ......THEY WILL BE UP FOR THIS NOT TO BE MISSED GAME ???
L.V.G.   please Walk  THE WALK ... if you fail with this squad to make it to C/L  ...   AND PLEASE TRY TO APPRECIATED WHAT FANS ARE GOING THROUGH >> YOU CAN FIX IT COME SUMMER .... IT'S ALL DIFFERENT GRAVY FOR  YOU .............. THATS WHY PATIENCE PREVAILS FOR    ...A ...TIME ...?
Report grumpyjim January 29, 2015 9:21 AM GMT
WESTENDER  IS  ....whisky nose ref to SAF ?.. daily mail reported all the Cambridge players were free 's or from the academy  ...pre the away game .....team cost  NOUGHT ...  ..maybe a small ??signing on   FEE ONLY >>FOR  SERVICES RENDERED ?? Philosophy learning the game the hard way  needs to swim to top for some fresh air and smell the  coffee ...
Report Crisp77 January 29, 2015 9:36 AM GMT
The 9,000 fans need to stand together to fight this. With their combined numbers who knows they might be able to force Man Utd to make it a 2 or 3 game suspension.
Report grumpyjim January 29, 2015 9:53 AM GMT
FANS appear to have been happy to part with hard earned previously   ...it's conditions that upset most people because we are UNITED THE CLUB  WITH BIGGEST DRAW WE SEE VERY FEW 3.OO PM KICK OFFS AND PLAY AT STUPID DAYS and times to suit our T.V. deals  .. so we come off worst .. at many areas of the game .. !!it is important point to play to a full house all the time ... the wind doesn't blow in fans faces all the time  ,,and tide turns against DUFF MANAGERS  ,, as we know and has cost club plenty over 18 months .. club sets prices in agreement with opposition  if  50£ IS TARGET  Staff must be blamed for not getting it correct in  FAN'S VIEW ??? IF ?? SEATS ARE NOT TAKEN UP ..............FAN POWER IS STLL ALIVE ..   IT'S THEIR CALL ??  CLUB SUFFERS THAT's PROBLEM   ...  ALL TAKE AND NO GIVE IN TROUBLED TIMES  >>>.
Report degsy42 January 29, 2015 11:43 AM GMT
you aint fans , your customers to this manc plc
Report themover January 29, 2015 11:51 AM GMT
One United season card holder is quoted by the Daily Mail as saying: "I find it unbelievable that the club think they can treat loyal supporters like myself that spend thousands with them like this -- sending an email making threats and setting deadlines.

"This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm sick to death of having emails like this.

"To be honest I would be willing to miss both the Cambridge and Sunderland games as a matter of principle."

Well done that season ticket holder, let's hope more follow suit!
Report grumpyjim January 29, 2015 12:11 PM GMT
the staff do as told so its hierarchy that's put it in place   lets see their head above the parapet for once .......
Report Danno January 29, 2015 12:24 PM GMT
When will fans realised that football teams are no longer sports clubs? Rather they have long since become businesses, and all board & management decisions are commercial ones.  "Fans" are customers or consumers, to be rinsed to the max at every opportunity.  It's the fans' blind loyalty that keeps them in business at all.  They are not prepared to vote with their feet or their wallets, so they will continue to be fleeced at every turn.

Big clubs however need to beware the examples of Marks & Spencer and Tesco, where they just became lazy and assumed undying loyalty from customers who eventually realised there was an alternative, and took their business elsewhere.  You can only go for so long trying to flog a terrible product at a constantly increasing price.
Report grumpyjim January 29, 2015 1:47 PM GMT
couldn't put it better myself  Danno  cheers bang on track  , similar to a bloated Tesco .. we as fans will only take so much before rebelling ..
closing 40 + shops with new man in charge ...!! Sheffield wed now under new orders   ... on and on it goes confirming they see clubs as cash cows ..!!
Report hornetsman January 29, 2015 3:22 PM GMT
Even with Rule 23. Themover........................ still can't see how that would stand up in Court! Can't believe you can force anyone to buy a ticket. It would have been a great opportunity for Man U to give 9,000 tickets to underpriviliged kids and boys clubs and youth clubs in the area! Disgusting way to treat season ticket holders but that is Man U.
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 29, 2015 3:31 PM GMT
Cant believe 1% hasnt posted on this fred.
Report liam1982 January 29, 2015 4:12 PM GMT
I used to be a season ticket holder at old trafford, i genuinely wanted united to lose cup games so i didnt have to pay for the cup games, i tried my best to make it as difficult as possible for them, if i still went id be happy to miss it and miss the sunderland one as well but most people will just pay

arsenal do the auto cup scheme as well dont they?
Report themover January 29, 2015 4:59 PM GMT

Jan 29, 2015 -- 3:31PM, Ibrahima Sonko wrote:

will just say Man United don't need to discount tickets to fill their ground, even though we all know they are made to buy them Laugh

Report The Special One™ January 29, 2015 5:32 PM GMT

Jan 29, 2015 -- 3:31PM, Ibrahima Sonko wrote:

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report grumpyjim January 29, 2015 6:43 PM GMT
F.A.  WANT SOME EXTRA TIES ......   it helps their funds added bonus ?? + t.v.  buy in to it  ... extra payment  as well .............
Report themover January 29, 2015 6:45 PM GMT
can't criticise the FA when the greedy lot at OT want £50 a ticket for a home fixture against Cambridge United!
Report grumpyjim January 29, 2015 7:57 PM GMT
no sponsor this year ?? so huge loss there ... somebody ?? might pop in to prop up final expense wise >>> Bad when suits  ,and all the sales team , fail !!!!!works out about 33% to each club .  rest to supplying venue and all that entails and government V.A,T.  COLLECT  20% .. 4.4 MILLION AT 50£ A GO   .... KEEP HOME  HOSPITALITY >>... UNITED USED TO Have in region of 850 full time staff  under SAF ...
Report Ozymandius January 29, 2015 7:59 PM GMT
if anyone fancies a rugby bet tomorrow, Irish Wolfhounds on the cap (-4) versus England Saxons is worthy of an interest.  SS2 7.45 ko
Report Ozymandius January 29, 2015 8:07 PM GMT
sorry, wrong thread!  have a bet anyway!
Report liam1982 January 29, 2015 8:10 PM GMT
a lot of the ones who would have stood up to it are at fc united now or stopped going years ago
Report Biscuit1979 January 29, 2015 8:19 PM GMT
So let me get this right. If a United season ticket holder doesn't buy a ticket for Cambridge, he automatically has his season ticket cancelled for the Sunderland game? A game that he's already paid for? How pathetic. United fans should boycott now out of principle. Sadly though, there'll probably be a load of day tripping glory hunters ready to buy their seats
Report degsy42 January 29, 2015 8:21 PM GMT
how can they cancel a ticket youve already bought.  they must give refunds on sunderland or face court
Report morpteh mackem January 29, 2015 8:23 PM GMT
when is a season ticket not a season ticket ??
Report grumpyjim January 29, 2015 8:35 PM GMT
Mainly most clubs league games confirmed , some smaller clubs price season tickets around 70% of real cost to sell as many as possible before season start  ,in case it starts , badly ???  eough for smaller clubs and the carrot is a game in cups against a biggy club at their venue   ie  theatre of dreams  ...acca Cambrige huge pay-oFf and T.V.
Report funkymonkey January 29, 2015 9:06 PM GMT
Is that really true?  £50 for a ticket for the Cambridge match?  LOL, that is just mental...who in their right mind would pay that?
Report Biscuit1979 January 29, 2015 9:09 PM GMT

Jan 29, 2015 -- 9:06PM, funkymonkey wrote:

Is that really true?

Report Biscuit1979 January 29, 2015 9:10 PM GMT
Obviously not many, hence why they're literally forcing people to buy them
Report funkymonkey January 29, 2015 9:12 PM GMT
Right...I just find it amazing. It is like the ultimate pishtake of their own fanbase.
Report tweedledumbtweedletwat January 29, 2015 11:05 PM GMT
This is mental.

Ftm
Report Capt__F January 29, 2015 11:56 PM GMT
is grumpyjim speaking programming speak ....>>
Report grumpyjim January 30, 2015 12:29 PM GMT
Capt -F    ..Trying to give insight as to how clubs think  re season tickets  ,,you buy a eng prem season .. you can be at o-t , frid night , sat around noon or 5-15 pm .., sunday anytime to suit T.V.  mon night around 8pm  .. plus midweek abandoned games ....you need very flexible work schedule to fit it all in  ..if the F.A. CUP  was include they find parting with around 33% to say CAMBRIDGE ON Tuesday around 1 mill  to 1.5 million  off // SEASON TICKET MONEY SO THEY KEEP GAMES OUT OF RECONING FOR SEASON HOLDERS ..BUT ALLOW YOU T o buy in to the games that srise during the season ...They want near  full capacity whatever happens .. .big clubs do sums to get the last 16 at least normally if playing .O.K. ONE POSTER WROTE BIG BUSINESS........  ONLY   .. NO LONGER A SPORTING FOOTBALL CLUB ..... MOVED ON ....
Report The Special One™ January 30, 2015 2:56 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2015 -- 12:29PM, grumpyjim wrote:

Capt -F

Report charwell. January 30, 2015 8:22 PM GMT
United patrons; the cash cow that keeps on being milked.

Pathetic policy from the club hierarchy. Counting on brand loyalty and who gives a sh1t what the cost is to the real fan.

Right, line up the next mercenary boys on £265,000 p.w and let the fans pay through the nose for the privilege.
Report degsy42 January 30, 2015 10:42 PM GMT
They have been doing it years too . How is it allowed? It's like you buying tickets to Pink Floyd and being told you have to go to Katy Perry the week before.
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 30, 2015 10:47 PM GMT
1% still missing in action auto defensive.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com