Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kellydamo
15 Dec 14 21:57
| Topic/replies: 16,087 | Blogger: kellydamo's blog
Not sure if this has been posted, think it was at the time he got nicked

http://goo.gl/7ATgFo
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfair Scammer Jailed
Show More
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:10 AM GMT
johnny its on blonde poker forum

the whole season is there Laugh if you can be bothered reading it  , when people ask for screenshots he says ill get them up soon , he had them going for a full year
Report marychain1 December 16, 2014 11:11 AM GMT
That Elliott Short (I lay it Short) one was hilarious. When the original story was put out everyone on here thought it was a pisstake. Basically, his unbeatable system that had made him £20m was just to lay the favourite in every race and one other horse (in case the favourite wins) Laugh.

Anyone that buys tips is a mug but not a patch on anyone that "invests" money on someone else's betting. To do this you inhabit a whole new category of mugdom, equivalent to Ian Botham in the commentary world. If they were making a fortune, why would they need your investment.

Having said that, I do have a scheme that IS foolproof. I have made guaranteed* profit every month this year, and am looking for partners to join my scheme to win guaranteed* £££. A partnership is £15,000. Contact me by pm if you are interested.

*not guaranteed
Report Johnny_Mustang December 16, 2014 11:12 AM GMT
Thanks Chaser. And I apologise for my inappropriate comments on that other thread.
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:14 AM GMT
he is putting up fake trades saying roughly £300 won today won about 18 in a row then they tarted losing , he said he faked it from january onwards. but people found his facebook and he was in mexico in march etc so they said what where you spending over thereLaughLaugh

it all came crumbling down when he missed the biggest trade in a world cup match and someone said if you have insiders why did you not get involved i this game as all traders knew about it , he said he was too busy doing something , the guy who accsed him got banned Laugh and the rest stuck up for him until he done a bunk
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:14 AM GMT
no worries mustang all a laugh with me mate
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:16 AM GMT
i like the one with elliot having mates round , GOING WHOS THE BETFAIR KINGLaugh

was reading this a few month back pissing myself

thinking if someone even said that on here they would be told to bolt
Report Johnny_Mustang December 16, 2014 11:17 AM GMT
Didn't he post under the username of Alesi?
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:19 AM GMT
not sure , i remember alesi was that himLaugh

think hes known on the uk poker scene , pros where talking about it on twitter at the time
Report Johnny_Mustang December 16, 2014 11:20 AM GMT
I meant Short was Alesi.
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:23 AM GMT
has anyone got the blonde poker thread for the betfair master piece where he couldnt lose
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:24 AM GMT
ah right not sure , big elliot looks a city slicker with his suitsLaugh
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 11:30 AM GMT
Arbboy used to post on general betting here too

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=48399.0
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 11:32 AM GMT
The majority defended Blatch to the hilt Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven December 16, 2014 11:33 AM GMT
Mrs Gale previously told how she was 'swept off her feet' when she met her husband, who is 13 years her senior, at Royal Ascot in 2004.

must have been his personalityGrin
what forum username did he have I wonder, whose missingMischief
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:35 AM GMT
buzzer they wouldnt have that he had scammed them Laugh

im sure he got someone to come on and say his mum and dad where going to lend him 50k or something to pay back, did this ever work outLaugh
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:37 AM GMT
it was arbboy who sussed him out because that world cup game

but no , blatch was the man they wouldnt have itLaugh

he even said it was too late to cash out and they had to stay in for the world cupLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:38 AM GMT
his excuse for not trading on the biggest traders game i world cup

Because the money was tied up in the England game later that day.

On Saturday I was out at Leicester races all day so took the option to do the England game instead of trying to do more than one.

As for the information sources - no you can't.  I dont believe you are involved in this, my apologies if you are, but Im not going to disclose what, or how, I use or receive information.

I must be pretty good at guessing Smiley
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:38 AM GMT
he was spunking all their cash at the races
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 11:40 AM GMT
He said that his mum and dad were going to sell up to pay back the 'investors', to keep him out of prison.
Some got their money back but not 100% sure everyone did, his parents thought he was successful and ended up selling their house to bail him out>
He treated them, his parents, to an all expenses paid holiday not too long before he was rumbled so I'm sure it came as a shock to them.
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:44 AM GMT
Laugh

i remember he was on holiday , then when he admitted he had blew their cash he was on holiday after it , plus still taking investments.so a guy comes on and was like so you had already blew the cash before my investment , i at it back  ( he fell asleep forgot to trade Laugh so he says )
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 11:47 AM GMT
Blatch was on an IVA when he set up this trading fund too. Over 4 years ago now, how time flies.
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 11:50 AM GMT
He did post a betfair printout but he fu ck ed that up too because the Liverpool Stoke game where he said he overslept and he lost most of the account showed as a winner Grin he doctored it but forgot the lies he'd told previously , a total fu ck up!
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:50 AM GMT
yeah he got them good, i reckon some of the so called investors where maybe in on it to keep it going , as a few said got my returns back , but most stayed in as it was a sure thing

yep time flies alright
Report Crisp77 December 16, 2014 11:51 AM GMT
His brother Martin who supplied the system got off scot free Sad
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:52 AM GMT
the south korea v greece game was the end
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 11:55 AM GMT
ForthThistle

Re: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »
Blatch is da nuts.

Jog on arbboy..

You'd have to think this post was from Blatch or a co conspirator Laugh
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:56 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 11:59 AM GMT
Re: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
« Reply #1290 on: June 11, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »

Quote from: Blatch on June 11, 2010, 05:32:57 PM
Quote from: T_Mar on June 11, 2010, 05:24:42 PM
Well done bud, good start.. Can you tell us what the starting bank was after the withdrawls?

ta

Around the 50k mark

hope you got a nice drink from those who withdrew

Blatch

View Profile

« Reply #1292 on: June 11, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »

Quote from: GreekStein on June 11, 2010, 05:41:10 PM
Quote from: Blatch on June 11, 2010, 05:32:57 PM
Quote from: T_Mar on June 11, 2010, 05:24:42 PM
Well done bud, good start.. Can you tell us what the starting bank was after the withdrawls?

ta

Around the 50k mark

hope you got a nice drink from those who withdrew

A few have been very generous Smiley
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:00 PM GMT
Blatch

View Profile

« Reply #1294 on: June 11, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »

This WC could be awesome.

Had a real good feeling that the France price would drift, as stated earlier on in this thread.  Laid at 2.26 and backed back at 2.36 and 2.38.

France +2106.73
Draw +2105
Uruguay +2105

LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 12:02 PM GMT
Blatch

View Profile

Re: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »
I havent replied till now because I went out last night and was in a pretty bad mood.  Ive also had a few things to do this morning and wanted to re read a few messages before I posted.  I dont feel that I have to reply but seeing as this is now over 13 pages of crap written its probably best that I do.  Ill try to answer as many questions that I can and hopefully put a finish on this so we can move on a bit.

Firstly Mark, and im assuming your Mark Wilson, I really dont know why you have this passionate hate for me.  Im not sure if you remember but around a year ago at DTD you had been drinking a bit and decided to sit at a cash game where I was playing whilst waiting for George to finish in the comp.  You simply sat down and played 6 hands in an hour and instead of playing you simply threw abuse at me for an hour.  I sat there and took assuming you were drunk and not really sure who you were.  The comments from you such as "I know who you are but im not telling you who I am" etc I found a bit weird.  It got to the point where 2 people and the dealer complained about the abuse and eventually 2 left because of it and then the game broke.  IIRC I had never spoken to you before nor even been at the same table.  So I can only assume that you hate me because your not known as "The Betfair Guy", im not claiming I am either but the sucess of this has to be the reason. 

As for some of your questions and other points you make, I think they have all been covered by other investors but if not ill try to cover most of them from memory.

I have never claimed to have any "information sources".  It is simply myself pricing up games and assuming / guessing / thinking which way the markets will move.  I apologise to my investors if they were led to believe different but I think this is quite clear on the OP and to all the investors that came on board.  I do however have places I look for reseeach / information / stats on the Internet and I have a spreadsheet of previous movements which I consult when certain factors are involved.

This South Korea vs Greece game, seems to be quite a big point for you.  It seems as if I have made a big mistake in missing this game, and yes, we could have made a big profit on this game.  I apologise to my investors if they were under the impression that I would be working on this trading 24/7 and treating it as my main job.  I also apologise if they thought I would be trading every single game, or if they thought I would be sacrificing my social life to do this.  As Simon Galloway points out on page 101, 2 posts off the bottom, he is quite clear as to what he expected and although I am annoyed I didnt see this one Im not going to apologise too much for it.  As already stated the whole of Saturday was going to be out for me, but I thought I would try to do the England game as previously it had worked well for me and more importantly the timing of the game wouldnt interfere at all with the rest of the day.

You also state that poker players have asked you about this.  I have no problem with you giving your advice but why dont you keep it to those that ask?  If you want to say im a joke and dont know what im doing to individuals that ask you directly then by all means tell them that, after all it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

You keep saying you have no axe to grind, but to myself and others it seems you clear do, from the events at DTD to over 14 pages of this now.

Your next point says you went to bet that I dont have a 2% commision account on page 91.  I have never claimed to have a 2% account and infact I hope I was quite open that this would be a new account and therefore the commision would have to start on 5%.  Again if I havent made this clear to anyone then I apologise.  Within the same point you claim I need staking for this.  The quite simple fact is that I dont.  This was however an experiment at the start of the season and again I hope I highlighted this quite well.  I wasnt sure if it was going to a sucess or not but I explained what I was hoping to do.  I didnt beg for staking nor did I force anyone to join.  The blonde forum has a great spirit about it and I believe investors saw an opputunity to hopefully make a few quid whilst having something to follow for the football season.  I hope I nevr portrayed this as a get rich quick scheme as this was never likely, but again if I did to anyone then I apologise.

For some weird reason you seem to think I have to know people to be good at this.  Your right, I probably dont know the top 5 players but I certainly know the number 1, and although I dont speak to him apart from when I see him maybe 2 or 3 times a year I dont see what this proves.   Why do I need to these players to make a profit?  Dont get me wrong it would help but its not a definate need.

Next point - Evilpie you are a %£$&, you well know im not in my 30's, simply my late 20's who had a tough paper round.

I think the next point you move onto was the roulette.  Its probably best that you dont listen to rumour like this but on this instance you are half correct.  Yes I did have a little play on the roulette and yes it was on the 28/29 section but it was £!k a spin and nor was it £50 notes.  I chucked over a bag of £20 notes that I had won at the cash game that night at DTD and spent just over half of it on around 4 or 5 spins.  I really dont see what I do with my cash is anyone business.

Next point - Staking.  I think this one has annoyed a few people as some of the greatest players in the World are staked, and each have their own reasons.  On some of the bigger events I like to sell a few % and for the cash game in Vegas I have sold half of my action.  There are many a reason why people get staked and normally lack of funds isnt one of them.  I could be mistaken but I believe Flushy is staked, Dubai is staked and even some of the Full Tilt red pros are staked full time.  I dont see staking as a weakness at all and so long as people are happy to stake me for certain events then ill keep offering it.  I still look at poker a sbeing a hobby.  A hobby that has produced me some good results and some very profitable ones.  I dont rely on poker for an income and maybe this is one of the reasons why I have had a few results.

Then we have the whole MSN convo with Iwillwinlots.  Personally for you to state the convo once he has asked you specificaly not to was pretty wrong.  I have had a few PM's with him and although he knows im annoyed with the situation, it doesnt change anything.  He has asked to cash out and I have made him aware of the situation, he will get his money as soon as it arrives.  Although sadly he didnt make as much money as some, he has still made money.  The return isnt huge but £150 profit on a £700 for a few months is still more than reasonable and certainly alot more than what he would receive in the bank.

I believe the next point was about having the money in your account.  Funnily enough I dont see this as an option. 

I do feel slightly annoyed that everyone was hucky dory on here for around 7 or 8 months but as soon as I have 3 losers on the trot then people suddenyl want to see screenshots.  No-one ever questioned anything while things were going well but know its all different.  As I stated in the opening thread I would be happy to provide statements or even open the account up to people whilst at DTD.  I believe I have done this for 3 people involved and also 2 different people have watched me trade out of a game at DTD including Colchester Kev.  I do find it a bit insulting that people know want to see things but as said before I will do it.  I certainly wont be posting anything up on here for everyone to see but will happily supply things for investors only to see.

Finally it now seems that you are making MSN convo's up to further make me look bad.  I really dont see why your doing this but you really shouldnt involve others into this.  Tighty has confirmed that the other convo's didnt happen so why put this?

Im hoping this covers everything as I doubt im going to make such a reply again.  This really has annoyed me which is probably what you set out to achieve.  Again I just like to point out a few key statements: -

I have never claimed to know anyone that moves markets
I have never claimed to have a 2% account
I dont charge for what im doing
Im only doing this from my own judgement and was an experiment at the start of the season
I do have some money myself invested in this
I stand to gain a lot of knowledge from doing this which will help in other areas
I stand to gain an account that has a reduced commision.

The **** was hitting the fan but Blatch was still in there windmilling like a good un Laugh
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:02 PM GMT
hes 2k up on all 3 outcomes

Graham C

Moo

View Profile

« Reply #1296 on: June 11, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »

Solid!

ripple11

View Profile

« Reply #1297 on: June 11, 2010, 08:21:52 PM »

Quote from: Silo Graham on June 11, 2010, 07:49:37 PM
Solid!

very

stribling

View Profile

« Reply #1298 on: June 11, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »

Good effort

Do you think you will be trying to trade every day?

GreekStein

View Profile

« Reply #1299 on: June 11, 2010, 09:00:01 PM »

wd blakey.

told u earlier it would drift like this

no need to thank me

read greeksteins posts he seemed in on it imo
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:06 PM GMT
The **** was hitting the fan but Blatch was still in there windmilling like a good un Laugh Laugh

i think they where just hanging on in hope by the end , no one wanted to annoy the blacth king incase he came goodLaugh
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:13 PM GMT
Sounds like a proven winner to me. Anyone fancy joining my syndicate? Grin
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:15 PM GMT
ive already done £500 in ccmacs hes legit as they come , got £14000 back last year
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! December 16, 2014 12:15 PM GMT
Was there a fella on here that people were chasing for a failed betting syndicate? Soldiers or something g like that
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 12:16 PM GMT
Footsoldiers had a syndicate on here, he was from Scotland Silly
He did in 100k plus, used to have a massive thread on general betting
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:17 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2014 -- 12:15PM, TheChaser wrote:

ive already done £500 in ccmacs hes legit as they come , got £14000 back last year

Grin

Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:18 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2014 -- 12:16PM, buzzer wrote:

Footsoldiers had a syndicate on here, he was from Scotland He did in 100k plus, used to have a massive thread on general betting

How did he manage to get so many good faith followers?

Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! December 16, 2014 12:19 PM GMT
I'm sure he used the same forgot to trade line buzzer that's why I linked it with this fraudster.
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:20 PM GMT
Sometimes I wish I forgot to trade Cry
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! December 16, 2014 12:21 PM GMT
Cc you would be surprised at people who struggle to wins naievety when they see someone winning.
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:21 PM GMT
100k ffsLaugh
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:23 PM GMT
he was a rusted forum member Laugh

how do you suddenly think someone you have never met is trusted , because hes tipped up a few 1.4 shots at the nags over a few year period
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:23 PM GMT
trusted*
Report buzzer December 16, 2014 12:24 PM GMT
He said he'd left the fund in his brothers hands whilst he was busy, a Glasgow Rangers Euro game I think, and he'd fuc k ed it up Shocked
Footsoldiers was a Celtic supporter Laugh I think Rangers got trounced 4-1 and they'd put a fortune on them to come in pre match, the market went against them and they left it in play in the hope they'd take the lead.
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! December 16, 2014 12:26 PM GMT
Chaser the lure of easy money is why he became trusted.
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:29 PM GMT

buzzer
16 Dec 14 12:24
| Topic/replies: 19,873 | Blogger: buzzer's blog
He said he'd left the fund in his brothers hands whilst he was busy, a Glasgow Rangers Euro game I think, and he'd fuc k ed it up Shocked
Footsoldiers was a Celtic supporter Laugh I think Rangers got trounced 4-1 and they'd put a fortune on them to come in pre match, the market went against them and they left it in play in the hope they'd take the lead.
Laugh

i remember footsoldiers i think from 5-6 year ago
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:30 PM GMT
moneytree think of all the investments you could getGrin
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! December 16, 2014 12:31 PM GMT
Chaser only a moron puts all they have on a bet.
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:33 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2014 -- 12:21PM, Money Tree cost me thousands!! wrote:

Cc you would be surprised at people who struggle to wins naievety when they see someone winning.

True mate. If I had thousands to bet with I wouldn't be sending it to Internet forum members to win for me. sharing tips and placing them yourself stops this malarkey. Although if one of the lads lands me a big lucky win they know il come good way a Barlow trip Wink

Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:33 PM GMT
http://community.betfair.com/general_betting/go/thread/view/94082/23481502/y...
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:36 PM GMT
If we don't get a big win soon chaser we might end up visiting the landlord for a while. Investors been hammering my door. Been staying at my dads till a line stoats Blush
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:38 PM GMT
Laugh

real in some investers , kk will help us win them plenty cash
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:40 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2014 -- 12:38PM, TheChaser wrote:

real in some investers , kk will help us win them plenty cash

[:excited:

]Laugh

Stumbled across king Kong system last month. Seems impossible to lose as long as kk don't sleep in during trade

Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:42 PM GMT
On the plus side, rather go to visit the landlord than hide out at my dads. Be more fun free to get barlowd Excited
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:46 PM GMT
In reality though anyone investing in this crap can only blame themselves. But coonts conning shud get ball fooked

Watched a similar programme last week with someone doing it with shares. Were using 1 persons money to pay other members dividends etc. Then when enough folk joined they shot the crow with there money
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:47 PM GMT
is landlord coming back to the street still
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:48 PM GMT
its like people took mortage out , rented them out straight away and never paid the mortgage but they keep taking the rent until the baillifs go in then scatter
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:49 PM GMT
Hope so mate, not the same with Pete away and Steve in meltdown. See Kim tait came into it last night?
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 12:51 PM GMT
yep nick is gonna be up her soon
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 12:57 PM GMT
Fekin right baw deep Excited
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 1:02 PM GMT
barlow would have already had her in the toilet , nicks playing it slow compared to pete
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 1:10 PM GMT
Yeah Pete wud have smashed her back doors in by now. Les n Dev wishing they'd held out a few weeks longer.
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 1:12 PM GMT
Tony might nob her or Tracey soon. Read somewhere he does summit he regrets
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 1:16 PM GMT
i read tracy comes onto tony but didnt say if he goes along with it
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 1:23 PM GMT
He must then. Gonna play some poker later on paddy power you upto much. Took day of gonna sort out my car insurance renewalrenewalsave some sheckles instead of renewing with same mob to save me time
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 1:23 PM GMT
Renewal
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 1:24 PM GMT
Tony prob nobs Tracey. Emmerdale a nightmare the now .mega mincing going down
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 1:25 PM GMT
Young boys of berne in the dales
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 1:26 PM GMT
need to go out soon then not sure if play poker later , not played in few weeks really now.

prob get few bets on when back but not really much on
Report Gerbs December 16, 2014 3:28 PM GMT
buzzer 16 Dec 14 12:24 

he layed Rangers away to Lyon in the CL ata round 7/1   i think rangers won 3-0

it was over 100k of other people money as far as i remember that he done in altogether he was always on the racing tennis forum bigging up his wins to make it look like he was winning

i dont know what the eventual outcome was but remember  his family had been taken for thousands as well

anyone know ?
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 4:11 PM GMT
3.0 to the gers the big black boy scored a mind it was a shock resultLaugh

Shouldn't lay whole bank on 1 bet
Report Winner_Winner_Chicken_Diner December 16, 2014 4:18 PM GMT
He has the look of a BNP member with that head while his ex wife looks reasonably attractive. He done well for himself Grin
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 4:26 PM GMT
who footsoldier , lets see his wive or you mean blatchey
Report Biscuit1979 December 16, 2014 4:30 PM GMT
It still amazes me that anyone would give any money to someone who is completely anonymous from an internet forum!
Report TheChaser December 16, 2014 4:33 PM GMT
trusted members on a footie forum , because they seem stand up lads

i would wire investments to bigmart etc
Report donny osmond December 16, 2014 4:49 PM GMT
sometimes you wonder about people, then the link appears for the paid for website

come and join our forum ..........

Cry
Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 4:59 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2014 -- 4:33PM, TheChaser wrote:

trusted members on a footie forum , because they seem stand up ladsi would wire investments to bigmart etc

Yea chaser big mart would win but couldn't guarantee 100 percent return profit we could mate Grin

Report ccmac1975 December 16, 2014 5:00 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2014 -- 4:18PM, Winner_Winner_Chicken_Diner wrote:

He has the look of a BNP member with that head while his ex wife looks reasonably attractive. He done well for himself

?Who

Report Darlo Bantam December 16, 2014 5:12 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2014 -- 4:30PM, Biscuit1979 wrote:

It still amazes me that anyone would give any money to someone who is completely anonymous from an internet forum!

You mean you don't hand over all your money to MoneyTree to safely invest?

Report CJ70 December 16, 2014 6:29 PM GMT
We can all laugh in hindsight, but there are still a few shrapnel conmen trying the same tricks on this forum now.
Report jermaine defonebox December 16, 2014 7:20 PM GMT
Most impressed with this guy.
He's bound to still be among us.
No one ever stops gambling unless you top yourself.
Come on show yourself!
Report breadnbutter December 16, 2014 7:54 PM GMT
family and friends first Laugh

i suspect he may be left something in a will Grin
Report TheBetterBettor December 16, 2014 8:07 PM GMT
wasnt the 'mr winner returns' thread ttt's a couple of hours ago??
Report kellydamo December 16, 2014 11:43 PM GMT
Thought I remembered this about Blatchley -  "Rumours are circulating that his Betfair name is Mr_Winner and he spent 1k on happy meals"
Report tobermory December 17, 2014 4:13 AM GMT
pretty sure the Footsoldiers syndicate did in 500k by the admission of himself and the others involved ( not the 100k mentioned above )

there was an epic all night thread when he reappeared on the forum one final time and the people who'd done 10s of thousands (at least ) came on to 'discuss' the situation with him Whoops

vaguely recall someone had persuaded their in laws to invest their life savings

the moderator got up in the morning and deleted the thread and i never heard anymore from or of him .
Report TheChaser December 17, 2014 2:48 PM GMT
ofcourse they are still about , probably reeling in more people as we type
Report akabula December 18, 2014 12:37 PM GMT
Anyone remember the one where the poster was looking for investors in a business a few years back (I think sheriff was part of his name)
It went very quiet at payback time Laugh
I remember one investor saying "I'm in, I have a few grand lying about on here doing nothing"
If it's not greed that sucks them in it's their ego's. Mugs.
Report donny osmond July 16, 2018 10:14 AM BST
some stuff here

dunno if the original still exists it may have been deleted by choice?
Report charwell. July 16, 2018 10:14 PM BST
Anyone remember the one where the poster was looking for investors in a business a few years back (I think sheriff was part of his name)

Sheriff P Roscoe/AKA 'sweetshop'.

I was one such person who 'invested' a grand. I didn't do it to get rich; but to help a fellow forumite out. His business plan was logical and I know quite a bit about what, and why, he would need funding.

Not sure if it was a scam from the outset but he seemed genuine; made a couple of payments and then got slippery and disappeared. But karma can be a wonderful and non time restricted thing of sheer beauty.
Report akabula July 16, 2018 10:18 PM BST
Ah well glad you got some satisfaction.
Report DIE LINKE July 16, 2018 10:31 PM BST
If you can't trust a corrupt sheriff, who can you trust?!
Report charwell. July 17, 2018 1:24 PM BST
Ah well glad you got some satisfaction.

Odd thing to say to somebody who was ripped off and clearly got fck all satisfaction.
Report akabula July 17, 2018 5:01 PM BST
But karma can be a wonderful and non time restricted thing of sheer beauty.

Apologises. I've obviously read more into that than intended.
Report themightymac July 17, 2018 5:31 PM BST
charwell you did a decent thing and tried to help someone whom you thought was telling the truth.

You will be rewarded in the after life.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 24, 2021 2:39 PM BST
Another epic
Report mega88 July 25, 2021 9:51 PM BST
Wow few old names here the chaser is missed tho, 2010 -2018 golden era really
Report DIE LINKE July 26, 2021 2:00 PM BST
golden showers era more like
Report politicspunter July 27, 2021 9:45 AM BST
Incredible stuff, before my time, but truly astonishing that on an anonymous forum that cons such as these can be committed fairly regularly and successfully for long periods before the roof caves in.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 27, 2021 12:50 PM BST
Seems to be plenty of gullible
folk.

That blatch poster was an obvious
wrong un, and had lots of
satellite accounts bigging him up
to draw folk in.

There's another lot, not on the
thread that left to set up
new forum, bigging themselves
up, inviting folk to follow
their trades.... Easy scam!