Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JC1326
05 Dec 14 19:03
| Topic/replies: 9,926 | Blogger: JC1326's blog
Short odds on the away team, 1.19, but it looks very likely. Tokushima are pitiful at home, I think they've had two draws all season and lost the rest, whereas Gamba are top of the league on goal difference. It's the final day of the season. Not playing it myself but at the very least should be decent acca material. Stats here:

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2014/12/06/japan/j1-league/tokushima-vortis/gamba-osaka/1643869/?ICID=PL_MS_10
Pause Switch to Standard View Tokushima v Gamba
Show More
Report Davy December 5, 2014 10:54 PM GMT
Looks like it JC.Tokushima have a goal difference of -58!!
Like you said they have not won at home all season and have only scored 5 goals at home, that is shocking.

It would be a huge surprise if Osaka didn't win.The only thing i could find about the game is that a lot of Tokushima players will have to be let go due to their financial difficulties...so morale can't be great.

Have no clue about Japanese football though, there is very little to none information in English and i couldn't name a single J-League player :)
Report TheBetfairBuddy December 5, 2014 10:55 PM GMT
moving onto j league very soon

will be good day for backing
Report Davy December 5, 2014 11:02 PM GMT
Never watched a J league game in my life.I love Japan and the Japanese though, they are amazingly friendly even in a huge city like Tokyo.

Japanese always tell you Osaka is a Yakuza town :)

I can't imagine Gamba not winning this one...
Report TheBetfairBuddy December 5, 2014 11:05 PM GMT
yeah i watched world cup and some of liverpool games

rarely do i watch in fact this week i watched one game

this is odds movement and business to me

wont be watching but deffo going for it
Report Davy December 5, 2014 11:17 PM GMT
Japan is a great place to visit and not as expensive as people make out, at least in my experience.

Anyway, this ia all i could find online in English...

Tokushima isn’t your ordinary bad team — it is are historically bad.

“The team atmosphere is good,” Gamba manager Kenta Hasegawa said after training on Friday. “The league title is something we’ve always wanted, but we’ve always taken it game by game and it’ll be no different this time.

“We’re taking the same approach as we usually do. We just have to believe in the football we’ve been playing, all the way to the finish.”

Unlike in 2005 when they won at Cerezo’s expense, Gamba, who lifted the Nabisco Cup last month, hope to win their second league title outright and put themselves within a victory of completing the treble.

Hasegawa’s men will face second-division Montedio Yamagata in the Emperor’s Cup final on Dec. 13 at Nissan Stadium.

“I actually don’t remember much from the last time, but what I do remember is that we had to win in order for us to win the championship, and that’s no different this time around,” Gamba captain Yasuhito Endo said.

“We just have to be on our toes for 90 minutes. There’s nothing to gain by being nervous. We just need to be our usual selves.”

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2014/12/05/soccer/j-league/gamba-primed-for-glory-as-j-league-title-race-goes-to-wire/#.VII8ecnHD_E
Report Davy December 5, 2014 11:21 PM GMT
Gamba Osaka were just promoted this year.Although, they are a historically strong team.Don't know why or how they got relegated in 2012
Report Davy December 5, 2014 11:36 PM GMT
Apparently, Gamba Osaka are on for the treble if they win this one.An amazing achievement for a team that was relegated two years ago.

This is taken from the Guardian a few weeks back...

'Buoyed by the explosive form of their fit-again former academy striker Takashi Usami – who sat on the bench for Bayern Munich in the 2012 Champions League final – the Osakans have soared up the table with 13 wins from 17 since the resumption of play, to stand in second.

Gamba’s turnaround under the stewardship of the former Japan international Kenta Hasegawa has been all the sweeter for their notoriously vocal supporters due to the failings of their neighbours to the south.'
Report JonHig. December 5, 2014 11:50 PM GMT
Davy, you don't need info in English for Heaven's sake Lol! All you need to know is on the net like other leagues. Learn the names as you do your research, and you will soon know who is who. It is a no brainer as they are all pronounced phonetically!! GLWink
Report Davy December 5, 2014 11:58 PM GMT
I speak Spanish (I live in Cali) and pretty okay Portuguese but Japanese is another thing entirely :)

The thing is, you are right the league stats are easy to find, but team news, reading fan forums, reading what Japanese people actually think about the game is very difficult.

I ran a few articles through google translate...pretty much the only comprehensible thing i can come up with is that Usami, the guy that the Guardian mentions is fit.

According to google translate...'22-year-old FW Usami also "tension is zero. This team me pull players with Yat-san from experience. We young, only do in a young ish best"
Report Davy December 6, 2014 12:00 AM GMT
See what i mean about google translate...it's barely comprehensible
Report Davy December 6, 2014 12:05 AM GMT
I know one word in Russian 'Халк' that's what they call Hulk, the Zenit player :)
I would always put that into Russian google if i was think of backing Zenit since he gets injured so often.
Information in English for those types of leagues is very limited...
Report Davy December 6, 2014 12:06 AM GMT
And, if it's available it usually comes out much much later.
Report Davy December 6, 2014 12:13 AM GMT
Example, in this case i put ガンバ大阪 into google news.That's Gamba Osaka in Japanese.
Then, tried to come up with something from that...but, it's never quite right with google translate...actually it's usually horribly wrong :)
Report pulio December 6, 2014 1:17 AM GMT
Don't know anything about the J league but looking at those stats its strange to see even 1.19 available. I'd expect a lot lower than that in the win market considering they are top vs bottom and HAVE to win this game to be sure of winning the league + the home side not winning at home at all this season and only managing two draws.
Report Davy December 6, 2014 1:45 AM GMT
I think so too Pulio.But, it happens a lot in the more obscure leagues.
Example, last weekend Colo Colo were at home to a terrible Cobreloa team.Colo had to win and have been in great form...yet, their price drifted from 1.20 to 1.27 until kick off.
Nothing to do with injuries because they had none.
They dominated the game and won 4-1.I would have made them about 1.17 or so.
Report Davy December 6, 2014 6:24 AM GMT
今日はここから! :)

There was talk of snow but the pitch seems fine.No snow.Stadium full of Osaka fans.Here is a link...

http://www.sportingvideo.tv/20141206/vv548299782b8c57.78296793-960019.html
Report pulio December 6, 2014 7:23 AM GMT
lol how are they top of the league? long ball, long ball, long ball, no imagination. terrible teams. they'll probably nick a goal or two though
Report Davy December 6, 2014 7:26 AM GMT
Yeah, they really look poor.Maybe the pressure is getting to them.
Urawa are winning so they will have to pick it up in the second half.
Report pulio December 6, 2014 7:36 AM GMT
i can actually see a 0-0 though due to how poor they are generally. no link up play at all.
Report JackQueen December 6, 2014 8:14 AM GMT
Urawa have imploded. 2-1 down now. Gamba look to have stumbled their way to the title.
Report JackQueen December 6, 2014 8:14 AM GMT
Goal disallowed, still 1-1 but Gamba still on top via GD.
Report pulio December 6, 2014 8:14 AM GMT
lmao, cant believe i've watched this dross
Report JackQueen December 6, 2014 8:18 AM GMT
2-1 down now Urawa. All over surely.
Report JC1326 December 6, 2014 1:13 PM GMT
0-0 Shocked
Report Bergkamp93 December 6, 2014 1:18 PM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539