Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
19 May 14 18:40
| Topic/replies: 29,029 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
Was having a look at the pics today sitting outside in the garden sun, began reflecting on the first trophy for 9 seasons. There were a quarter of a million people who turned out for the trophy parade yesterday, when Chelsea bought the Champions League a couple of years ago and had their parade, I think you could have gathered all of those that lined the streets of West London and filled up a couple of phone boxes, let alone 250,000, the first step towards a new era trophy laden era has begun, please, show your appreciation for is what is best described as organic successCool

Pause Switch to Standard View Show Your Appreciation For The 2014...
Show More
Report berto77 May 19, 2014 8:00 PM BST
All jokes aside, and I suspect you'll get plenty, it's great to see Arsenal back amongst the trophies.  There is so much to admire about the club and its manager.  I hope this gives them the boost to mount a serious title challenge next season, albeit they'll need a big signing or two to do that.
Report Marcce May 19, 2014 8:25 PM BST
The person who estimated the 250,000 must be the same person who tells us there's 60,000 in the Emirates every home game Laugh

Though well done to Arsenal. After Wigan last season it's lovely to see the small clubs win things for a change.
Report mesmerised May 19, 2014 9:46 PM BST
Ah, Marcce, so bitterLaugh

There were actually estimates of up to 300k, general figure though around the 250 mark, packed to the rafters on every street turn.

My sides are splitting reading a Chelsea fan thinking they are a bigger club, when you've won 13 league titles and 11 FA Cups then we'll talkWink

Remember, it only takes one single season for us to level your CL win, whereas it will take you decades to get near us in total.Cool
Report mexicano May 19, 2014 9:50 PM BST
"My sides are splitting reading a Chelsea fan thinking they are a bigger club, when you've won 13 league titles and 11 FA Cups then we'll talkWink"

makes me wonder why you dont seem able to start a thread without mentioning chelsea in the title, or in the first posting.

seems to me that some goons feel they have drgons that they need to try and slay.
Report TheChaser May 19, 2014 9:56 PM BST
cant argue the fans where out in force  , its like the eclipse in a way the streets where lined to the rafters as it doesnt happen often
Report Marcce May 19, 2014 10:55 PM BST
Think it was closer to the 250 without the additional k you mentioned to be honest mes. Some suspiciously one deep crowds against railings in some of those photos for a start.

Seeing things won on pathe news is quite nice and all that but it's not really the same as living through it is it?

And the problem for you is that "one" is proving to be quite elusive. Just think, you may never see your team win it. Don't really think you can claim to be a big club without at least one to be honest Wink
Report mesmerised May 19, 2014 11:02 PM BST
marcce, Im pretty confident being in my twenties that one day I get to see us lift the Champions LeagueLaugh I'm planning on living to at least mex's age, 78.

We have qualified for the CL 17 years in a row (unprecedented) and were robbed of the 2006 win by two late offside goals when down to 10 men.

Only a matter of time before history corrects itselfHappy
Report Marcce May 19, 2014 11:16 PM BST
Glad you're so confident.

If it ever happens then we'll talk Wink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com