Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
12 May 14 22:01
| Topic/replies: 35,124 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
ONE DOWN 3 TO GO
Pause Switch to Standard View CHELSEA SIGN DIEGO COSTA
Show More
Report a bitofinterest May 12, 2014 11:04 PM BST
that'll be 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder then
Report dr . atkins May 12, 2014 11:04 PM BST
32MILLION
Report themover May 12, 2014 11:05 PM BST
wow that came right out of the blue. Wonder how that was kept such a secret Laugh
Report mesmerised May 12, 2014 11:06 PM BST
Chelsea trying to buy success htehb ?
Report themover May 12, 2014 11:06 PM BST
probably could have picked him up for half that when Falcao was around Crazy
Report dr . atkins May 12, 2014 11:08 PM BST
need a right back maybe another forward and a midfield player that will do
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER May 12, 2014 11:11 PM BST
Hope he knows how to track back
Report Millerracing67 May 12, 2014 11:15 PM BST
No surprise Tongue Out he is coming to The Blues.
Very gd signing, for starters Cool
Goals are what Chelsea need to win next years Prem (approx another 32 more)
Report chelseakai1 May 12, 2014 11:18 PM BST
Don't suppose They wanted Torres?
Report Millerracing67 May 12, 2014 11:21 PM BST
£32 million £ deal ?  could be part of it?
Report ours4keeps May 12, 2014 11:23 PM BST
£32M & Courtois for another year plus a further £15M to 3rd party.
Report Millerracing67 May 12, 2014 11:26 PM BST
The labour party??
Report ZCSCS May 12, 2014 11:26 PM BST
A fatter Soldado Laugh
Report lurka May 13, 2014 1:32 AM BST
is he 3rd party owned? surprised torres isn't mentioned. they really need to offload him but he's on £1m a month isn't he?
Report Biscuit1979 May 13, 2014 10:22 AM BST
Costa is a strange one. If you look at his career this is the first really good season he's had and then suddenly he's worth 30m+ and he's off.

Very good on his day but i've seen him look very ordinary on quite a few occasions this season and he makes you wonder what the fuss is about.

Still he's only 25 and i guess in todays market, 32m for a striker isn't actually that much when you consider what the likes of Cavani and Falcao have gone for
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER May 13, 2014 10:29 AM BST
I've not seen that much of him but if he can prosper at the strikers graveyard then good luck to him
Report Mikael D'Haguenet May 13, 2014 10:42 AM BST
I've been onside with Atletico all season and liked Costa as he has a knack of getting in the faces of Real's vile centre-half paring of Ramos and Pepe. That said, he seems to have a knack of getting in everybody else's face too, so he should soon become a hate figure (including from me) now he's at Chelsea.

Also, me and my mate have had a tickle on him for the Golden Boot at the World Cup, hoping he is the striker that Spain played without last time. Even so, me and said mate have disagreed about Costa's goalscoring prowess. Obviously he's scored his share this year but he's still not an out-and-out striker for me - he's a clever player, no doubt, but no Andy Cole!

In summary, I hope he gets a hattrick against Real, and scores 7 in Brazil. After that, he's a coont!
Report themover May 13, 2014 11:39 AM BST
Laugh
Report themover May 13, 2014 11:41 AM BST
Will be interesting to see how he gets on. I think Chelsea might have missed the one that I think would have done the business in the Premier League in Falcao. As Biscuit said it is incredible how a player with one decent season behind him suddenly becomes £30 plus million. I don't think he'll do very well personally but I'll happily stick my hand up if I'm wrong Silly
Report Biscuit1979 May 13, 2014 11:46 AM BST
He'll do ok because he'll play a lot of games and get a lot of chances in that side. If a mug like Giroud can get over 20 goals then Costa will too. I just don't think he's in that top level of striker like Falcao, Suarez, Ibrahimovic. He's only 25 though, so time is on his side.
Report themover May 13, 2014 11:53 AM BST
That's true, they do create enough chances :

Man City : created 533 scored 102
Chelsea : created 506 scored 71

presumably most of Chelsea's chances fell to Torres Laugh
Report Marcce May 13, 2014 1:25 PM BST
Costa actually has a very similar profile to Drogba. Neither did much in their early 20's then Drogba had a very good season with Guingamp earning him a move to Marseille. Costa had a decent season with Atletico last season earning him the chance to take over from Falcao as the number one striker. Drogba then had his stellar year with Marseille and Costa has had the same at Atletico which has led to both joining us, last minute hitches permitted in Costa's case.

We're also not necessarily looking for a striker who'll get 30 goals a season. Drogba didn't get more than 20 in his first 2 seasons but his presence created chances for others in the team. It's the fact that he's a presence as well as his goals which has led to Chelsea going for Costa.
Report jajabink May 13, 2014 2:20 PM BST
athletico have scored 76 in the league and costa has got 27 of them but still 23 behind real and barca,reckon he will be up among the top scorers next season service wont be a problem
Report Biscuit1979 May 13, 2014 2:26 PM BST
Loves a yellow does Mr Costa.

If soccerway is correct he's started 151 games in Spain and been booked 56 times!
Report mexicano May 13, 2014 3:02 PM BST
the silence re courtouis is a tad unsettling.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER May 13, 2014 3:08 PM BST
Ehud ave signed Andy Carroll or better still ricky Lambert
Report Panther65 May 13, 2014 3:13 PM BST
im not over worried about the courtois situation...yes, he is a great keeper, but

in jamal blackman we have the next keeper who will be challenging joe hart for the england shirt, provided he is the one to take over from cech...

knowing us, we will probably sell him Cry
Report loui May 13, 2014 3:24 PM BST
costa,s obviously a good player, but he has the style of an old fashion centre forward. he can look after himself alright.
Report spyker May 13, 2014 3:25 PM BST
If soccerway is correct he's started 151 games in Spain and been booked 56 times!

I wonder how many times for 'simulation' as he is always going to ground for little or often no reason - loves to clutch his face if anybody is near him in the air.
Report Marcce May 13, 2014 4:16 PM BST
Panther Blackman's out of contract in June. The club gave Mitchell Beeney a 5 year contract the other month so seem to have settled on him as the most likely of our young keepers.

As for Courtois things still remain to be resolved. Problem being it's not just a case of bringing him back but we need him to sign a new contract as well. Cech's injury has had an impact on thinking within the club but Courtois himself has been wanting to avoid distractions during the last few weeks of the season. There was a hope something constructive could have happened yesterday but I don't know if that was still the case with Atletico failing to wrap up the title on Sunday.
Report themover May 13, 2014 4:20 PM BST
Courtois could end up at Barca if Chelsea don't guarantee him the number 1 spot.
Report Blockfire May 13, 2014 4:24 PM BST
And Luiz to Barca looks a done deal.
Report CR7 May 13, 2014 4:27 PM BST

May 13, 2014 -- 10:20AM, themover wrote:

Courtois could end up at Barca if Chelsea don't guarantee him the number 1 spot.

Or Madrid casillas and lopez are both 32 gotta be looking for a young keeper

Report Panther65 May 13, 2014 5:00 PM BST
mitchell beeney looks kak compared to blackman...

well whichever club picks up blackman will have one helluva keeper on their books
Report Marcce May 13, 2014 5:15 PM BST
Beeney's a couple of years younger and has played for England under 19's more times than Blackman did at the same age.

Blackman's always looked decent enough though I guess it's no hindrance when your dad's a coach at the club as is the case with Beeney.
Report crystalhunt May 13, 2014 6:05 PM BST
Has Costa got a bus pass?
Report CR7 May 13, 2014 6:12 PM BST
Of course he doe's do you not know who he plays for?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com