Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TRFC Kev
15 Feb 14 10:35
| Topic/replies: 2,201 | Blogger: TRFC Kev's blog
Saw them last week. Probably the best side I've seen in Div 3 this season.

Other than a 10-15 minute spell either side of half time, my team, Tranmere couldn't live with them.
Even their subs bench was frightening.

Admittedly we are a poor side, but a week earlier we dominated MK Dons away in the second half (after being dominated in the first half) and came away with a victory.

There will be a big crowd at Deepdale today, and I'm sure they'll raise their game on and off the pitch after the death of Tom Finney.

I spoke to an Orient fan in the week, and he said Bristol City totally deserved their win at Brisbane Road, Orient's third straight defeat.
He said it reminded him of Tranmere's collapse this time last year, when we led the table for the first five month's of the league.

And talking of Bristol City, I'm loathe to bet on games involving my own team, but with all the shenanigans going on at my club, and the fact we've decided to put the Division's 2nd top scorer (amazing in such a poor team) on the wing to accommodate our loan signing - A striker who has failed to score in nearly 40 games, despite being at one of the top club clubs in Div 3, beggars belief.

Bristol City @ 1.85 is also worthy of a nibble.
Pause Switch to Standard View Bet Of The Day - Preston @ 2.15
Show More
Report u want some February 15, 2014 11:51 AM GMT
Im struggling to get a ticket for todays game
Report deepdale February 15, 2014 12:16 PM GMT
Think it might be full mate, will be an emotional one that's for sure
Report u want some February 15, 2014 1:52 PM GMT
yeah it will be mate, i should of got them in advance really. Hope we pick up 3 points today
Report G Hall February 15, 2014 2:46 PM GMT
should be goals in this
Report dizzydavid1 February 15, 2014 7:51 PM GMT
Well, if Preston actually are the best side in the division maybe they'll give us a 3-0 beating at our place like we gave them at Deepdale, and catch up the 10 points they're behind us at the moment. It's possible. We shall see.
Report deepdale February 15, 2014 10:37 PM GMT
Were you at the game mate?
Report dizzydavid1 February 15, 2014 11:58 PM GMT
Not sure if that question's to me or not Deepdale but if it is, no I wasn't there mate.
Report deepdale February 16, 2014 10:01 AM GMT
Yes, it was. Just interested that's all. I wasn't either but spoke to a few who were. If you discount our comedy managers of the last 15 yrs or so eg son of fergie, I think you could count the number of real home beatings on the fingers of maybe one hand. One's that spring to mind are Reading on their way to about 200 points a few seasons back, and Wigan have dished out a couple on their rise through the leagues

It doesn't happen a lot but from a PNE point of view the general opinion seemed to be that if the penalty had been scored the outcome may have been different etc etc but 0-3 is a home gubbing however you dress it up

Therefore the portents look good for your boys, along with the fact that you're winning every week. Think it's wolves and brentford for the autos and PNE to probably make a mess of the play offs.........again!!! Having said that, Brentford will no doubt be wanting everything tied up before the last game this time around!!!
Report tiny dave February 16, 2014 10:48 AM GMT
WOW

You obviously didn't come to molineux where you didn't even get out of your half if you think we wernt the best side you played

As you seriously got dominated for full 90 that night
Report LucianoBettio February 16, 2014 11:42 AM GMT
Dave old chum! where you and the Wolves Fc crew been hiding? same place as R0y and the boys?

I would take Grayson back home in a second.

VBest of luck to the PNE while he is in charge anyway
Report tiny dave February 16, 2014 12:14 PM GMT
Orient bandwagon falling off
Pne to far adrift to catch wolves you would hope as we will get points

Positive result next week vs brentford and promotion is edging closer

As for the forum it's dump now can't be bothered with the half wits on here unfortunately
Report TRFC Kev February 16, 2014 12:32 PM GMT
Dave - I presume that post was aimed at me?

I didn't go to Wolves away. It was a night game, and I live down south now.

I listened on the radio, and it did sound like you dominated us, but if you look at the game at our place, we was far the better side up until our captain was (rightly) sent off.

It's a strange one, as most fans only get to see other sides once or twice a season, and I've had conversations with different fans over the years, and it's remarkable how opinions vary on the evidence of just 1-2 games against the same opposition.

I was impressed with Preston the other week, far more so than Peterborough, who have beaten us 13-0 on aggregate this season.

I notice Crewe have won at Preston, but on my sole viewing of them, I thought they're the worst team I've seen this season.
Report dizzydavid1 February 16, 2014 3:55 PM GMT
Deepdale, I read the same about the general opinion of the game at your place, perhaps we got the rub of the green for the penalty and the game went our way from there. I liked the post from a Crewe fan on Brentford's board yesterday..."you're the best team in this league by a country mile, and that includes Wolves" but I'm biased so I would like it. 51 points out of the last possible 57 and no defeats since mid October is pretty impressive whichever way you look at it, and a lot of the football has been champagne stuff. Football trivia wise, I'm interested to know if any other manager has won manager of the Month in his first ever month of his football manager career as Mark Warburton did.   Still, pride comes before a fall and the game against Wolves next week should be a cracker and could easily go either way. If we do have a blip and fail to get automatic we might as well give up and go home because Brentford plus play-offs always ends in failure.
Report deepdale February 16, 2014 4:11 PM GMT
If we're playing play off top trumps I think we'd beat you on being useless at them.......no promotions, 3 defeats in finals (one at Wembley, 2 in Cardiff)  and just doing a quick tot up in my head, at least 6 semi final exits!!!!

So brentford pne in the playoffs would probably go to pens and they'd need to take about 20 each before there was a winner!!!
Report dizzydavid1 February 16, 2014 4:23 PM GMT
Yes I think you and us are just about the worst play-off teams. We've had 7 play-off campaigns, not one of them successful. To make it worse, at least 3 (maybe more, I'm not sure) out of those 7 , we were the highest placed team in the play-off. And to make it even worse again, the play offs were invented by Martin Lange, chairman of, you've guessed it, Brentford. And while I'm crying over spilt milk, guess who missed out on promotion in 1958 despite finishing 2nd out of 24 teams Division 3 South, due to reorganisation of the Leagues that season. And again , 1990 (91?) when the leagues were re-organised again to accomodate the Premier League, who finished 2nd in Division 3 but were again denied the normal promotion? You've guessed it, Brentford both times.
Report dizzydavid1 February 16, 2014 4:26 PM GMT
So maybe I shouldn't have been surprised when Trotta's last gasp penalty hit the bar against Donny last season, couple of inches lower and we'd be in the Championship now lol.
Report deepdale February 16, 2014 4:42 PM GMT
You've cheered me right up mate, we are the "doyens" of the play offs compared to that little lot!!!

Just had a recount too and I could only come up with 5 semi final exits, must have counted someone twice.......five live were doing a review of the year a month or so back and that penalty incident featured heavily. Listening to the comms again you literally couldn't make it up. I think something similar also happened to Leicester?? around the same time
Report cufcno1 February 16, 2014 4:46 PM GMT
preston are shiite,were awful and they struggled to beat us !
Report deepdale February 16, 2014 7:19 PM GMT
Thanks for that, and the points
Report cufcno1 February 16, 2014 10:39 PM GMT
sorry ul get another 3 off us in april,boxing day match was the worst ive seen for years,thought westley was still in charge lol !
Report dizzydavid1 February 16, 2014 11:20 PM GMT
Deepdale I think you're right about Leicester. And if we have a blip who knows maybe we'll meet you in the play-off final, then at least one of us will finaally get to win one! I'd love to know what odds Donny would have been to win the league as Trotta strode up to take that penalty. The dying embers of added time,about thirty seconds left to play,I reckon they were probably the highest ever odds to become actual league winners, certainly a lot higher than Arsenal at Anfield that time and City when they left it to the death against QPR. I remember when the penalty hit the bar , all around me was stunned silence after we'd thought the long wait for promotion was finally about to come to an end after so many near misses. So this year, I'm taking nothing for granted, nothing will surprise me, I won't be confident of promotion unless it actually happens. Anyway, good luck to Preston too, except when you visit Griffin Park of course.
Report TRFC Kev February 17, 2014 2:13 PM GMT
Re that Brentford v Donny game.

We hosted Bournemouth that day, and normally they'd bring about 200. Instead 2000 came as it was their promotion party.

On the final whistle they invaded the pitch singing about being Champions.

In the pub afterwards you would have thought someone had died, they were gutted, probably only temporary as they did go up, but for a brief moment it was funny.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com