Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
steview84
16 Jan 14 13:43
| Topic/replies: 7,311 | Blogger: steview84's blog
A woman said Coronation Street star William Roache "pushed her on to a bed" and was "cold and calculated" as he raped her, a jury has heard.

The woman, now 62, said the alleged rapes took place in his two homes in Haslingden, Lancashire, Preston Crown Court heard.

Mr Roache, 81, from Wilmslow, Cheshire, denies two counts of raping a 15-year-old girl in 1967.

He also denies five counts of indecent assault involving four girls.

Those alleged offences involve girls aged 16 or under in Manchester between 1965 and 1971, the court heard.

'Panic stricken'
The jury was shown a video of the alleged rape victim's police interview from March 2013.

In it she told police the actor took her into a bedroom of a bungalow he owned when she was 15 years old.

Court sketch
Mr Roache was allowed to leave the dock and sit next to his lawyer so he could watch the video recording
She said: "I was shocked. There was no warning... I didn't know what to do.

"I can just remember thinking 'God, I just want to get out of here. I didn't know what to make of it, I was just so scared'."

She described the first alleged rape as "cold and calculated".

The woman said: "I didn't fight, but I couldn't push him off.

"He was too heavy for me... It was very uncomfortable but at the time I was just panic stricken. "

"I just wanted to get up. I just wanted to go home... It was very painful. He was lying on top of me he was a lot bigger than me.. I just thought I was never going to get out.

"I thought it was never going to finish," she added.

Mr Roache was given permission to leave the dock and sit next to his lawyer while the recording was played in court so he could view it.

The woman said: "I thought it must be my fault. I didn't know why it had happened. I'd gone round there in all innocence."

'Gullible'
She went on to describe a second rape "a few months" after the first, which she alleges took place at a different cottage owned by Mr Roache in Haslingden.

She said the actor pushed her up against a wall as she thought: "Oh God, I can't believe this."

The woman told the court she did not report the alleged rapes because she blamed herself.

In her police interview, the woman said: "I thought I was to blame, especially the second time."

"I was gullible, I was a kid. I would never have repeated it to anyone," she added.

The woman came forward in the wake of a number of celebrity sex scandals, the jury heard.

She said: "It has started to bother me because there might be other people that this has happened to."

The trial continues.

============================================================================================

So she was raped in his Bungalow, then a few months later went to his second house????

Sure.

And 40+ years ago.

Ridiculous
Pause Switch to Standard View William Roach Trial
Show More
Report elisjohn January 16, 2014 9:17 PM GMT
yes got raped and goes there again. sorry but these allegations are getting ridiculous, and there are some young girls out there that have really been sexually abused.
Report crystalhunt January 16, 2014 9:56 PM GMT
good job you two are not on the Jury
Report mesmerised January 16, 2014 10:15 PM GMT
I'm glad these old dirty bastards are getting what they deserve,  wtf is a matter with some people they can't stick to women their own age? Why would a 62 year old women make it up? are they all making it up? Paedophiles can't be cured they are mentally fcked backwards and deserved to have their piece given the guillotine treatment in a public show with the crowd then rushing in afterwards to beat them to death.
OR

We could be even harder on them and send them to prison for 6 months with warm meals and a comfy bead in a single cell.

Only person worse than a peado are the human rights activist who protect them and inadvertently encourage them to re offend, soft country, should make you ashamed to be English.
Report The Bhoys January 16, 2014 10:37 PM GMT
wat age was roch wen he allegedy rap ed this 15 year old? remember evin webster, he ws innocent
Report J2BLUE. January 16, 2014 10:42 PM GMT
Innocent until proven guilty.

It has amazed me about Jimmy Saville how every single report is just assumed to be true? Ho many are attention seekers knowing he can't defend himself? I'm sure he did do a lot and it's a shame he isn't still alive to face justice but it seems a bit too easy to accuse him. As for the rest of them, i'm sure some are guilty and if they are they should get severe punishments but we do need to remember people like Roache aren't guilty until a jury finds them guilty. I can't mention him without saying that I can't stand him and he seems a total **** but that is of course, irrelevant.
Report crystalhunt January 16, 2014 10:49 PM GMT
The Bhoys     16 Jan 14 22:37 
wat age was roch wen he allegedy rap ed this 15 year old? remember evin webster, he ws innocent

Think he was 34.
Report mintymonster1 January 16, 2014 11:51 PM GMT
Trolls on the bandwagon. Surely Lennon and McCartney made a mistake in those days. Elvis and jerry lee Lewis were supreme at it. Different ball game 40 years ago
Report donny osmond January 16, 2014 11:59 PM GMT
maybe judge the bloke after all the evidence has been given including hearing from mr roach himself
Report TexassportsagentBuzz January 17, 2014 12:18 AM GMT
I know its not evidence but if this who I think you are talking about (Ken) I have an article from the paper with quotes where he says he has had over 1000 women
Report crystalhunt January 17, 2014 12:40 AM GMT
That's him Texas

Interesting article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2115215/Ken-Barlows-1-000-lovers-Coronation-Streets-Bill-Roache-says-I-control-sex-drive.html

Says he couldn't control his sex drive.
Report The Bhoys January 17, 2014 12:43 AM GMT
1000 women, how many kids Shocked
Report crystalhunt January 17, 2014 12:52 AM GMT
I wonder if this alleged victim was one of the tally. Maybe he had a book or a big bedpost with 1000 notches
Report crystalhunt January 17, 2014 12:52 AM GMT
I wonder if this alleged victim was one of the tally. Maybe he had a book or a big bedpost with 1000 notches
Report SharpyBlue January 17, 2014 3:42 AM GMT
What the **** has this got to do with a football forum ?
Report The Bhoys January 17, 2014 4:38 AM GMT
Hes a city fan
Report a bitofinterest January 17, 2014 7:13 AM GMT
thats a crime in itself
Report jermaine defonebox January 17, 2014 9:24 AM GMT
No chance of guilty IMO
Youngest was 15 and that 45 yrs back
I used to be in a band yrs back and if this carries on almost every musician since the 50 s is going down. Bit of a turn off excuse me miss can I see your birth certificate before I mow your back garden.
Girls not only look much older than boys when 15/16 they also try to look and act even older.
Don't like the I'm a star come n ride bits thought
Report learner January 17, 2014 11:00 AM GMT
it could be a case of degree of force used perhaps second degree rape
Report mesmerised January 17, 2014 11:05 AM GMT
SharpyBlue 17 Jan 14 03:42 Joined: 11 May 09 | Topic/replies: 391 | Blogger: SharpyBlue's blog
What the **** has this got to do with a football forum ?

The Bhoys
The Bhoys 17 Jan 14 04:38 Joined: 18 May 08 | Topic/replies: 33,180 | Blogger: The Bhoys's blog
Hes a city fan

Laugh
Report Bergkamp93 January 17, 2014 11:10 AM GMT

Jan 17, 2014 -- 4:38AM, The Bhoys wrote:

Hes a city fan

10/10Laugh

Report jermaine defonebox January 17, 2014 11:19 AM GMT
LaughLaugh hilarious post
Report donny osmond January 17, 2014 11:23 AM GMT
looks like jermaine is pleading guilty if plod cn be bothered to ask betfair for his address
Report shudacuda January 17, 2014 5:54 PM GMT
Whether he is guilty or not,surely there should be some sort of time bar.

How can you go back 50 years?

There is no evidence.
Report Darlo Bantam January 17, 2014 5:59 PM GMT

Jan 17, 2014 -- 5:54PM, shudacuda wrote:

Whether he is guilty or not,surely there should be some sort of time bar.How can you go back 50 years?There is no evidence.

That's up to the CPS. If there's no evidence then it would never have got anywhere near court.

Report shudacuda January 17, 2014 6:04 PM GMT
So far their has been one woman giving evidence who has had a couple of strokes and says she can't remember all the facts.
Report bbc2 January 17, 2014 6:32 PM GMT
hope maureen from year 4 is not reading this hope they cant get any evidence from behind the bike shed.only happened a long while agoDevil
Report Ell January 17, 2014 6:46 PM GMT
Hope she's on in a minute saying you missed.
Report mesmerised January 17, 2014 6:59 PM GMT
Anyone that went to a school with a girl called Maureen must be well into their 80's.
Report desperatemunter January 17, 2014 11:12 PM GMT
"nicknamed C*** Roache by some of his castmates because of his insatiable appetite."
Report donny osmond January 21, 2014 11:03 PM GMT
A woman who claims William Roache forced her to perform a sex act told police she was angry at a TV interview in which he said abuse was punishment for previous lives, a court has heard.

The woman made the comments in a police interview played to the jury at Mr Roache's trial at Preston Crown Court.

The woman said the 81-year-old sexually assaulted her in his Rolls-Royce car.

Mr Roache, who denies two rapes and five indecent assaults between 1965 and 1971, apologised for his abuse remarks.
Report lurka January 22, 2014 4:02 AM GMT
http://balls.ie/football/the-best-ken-barlow-related-man-utd-flag-weve-ever-...
Report lurka January 22, 2014 4:02 AM GMT
http://balls.ie/football/the-best-ken-barlow
-related-man-utd-flag-weve-ever-seen/
Report lurka January 22, 2014 4:07 AM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yJKb009aD4#t=103
Report lurka January 22, 2014 4:14 AM GMT
http://www.cr3static.com/data/gif/barlowdressinggownwtf.gif
Report lurka January 22, 2014 4:16 AM GMT
there were a load of good barlow .gifs floating around a few years ago but can't find them
Report Randle January 22, 2014 1:11 PM GMT
1.01 he's dirty old perv, but how do you prove it all
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com