Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Graeme83
22 Oct 13 22:51
| Topic/replies: 9,104 | Blogger: Graeme83's blog
These German teams are rolling over the top of the English teams these days. I think it's safe to say the Germans have the better league, with the better structure.
Pause Switch to Standard View Is the Bundesliga the 'best in the...
Show More
Report Hamsterdam October 22, 2013 10:02 PM BST
Schalke 04 - 0 Chelsea - 3

I actually think now the Premier League has the most quality spread over the league, this is thanks to the extra Sky money. Look at teams like Southampton and Swansea for example. However the very top teams remaining in Germany and Spain.
Report Graeme83 October 22, 2013 10:17 PM BST
The Bundesliga appears to have a better structure in place. I think they will pull away. They have German owners, better stadiums, cheaper matchday experience and plenty of German born players in their teams. We will see what happens, but the more tycoons that buy English clubs, the more i have my doubts. Look at Cardiff.
Report Graeme83 October 22, 2013 10:18 PM BST
Obviously they're Welsh, but you know what i mean.
Report The Dragon October 22, 2013 10:27 PM BST
i agree with hamsterdam
Report Hamsterdam October 22, 2013 10:33 PM BST
Graeme83 I agree they have a good structure but I don't think those lesser German teams generate the financial streams the lesser teams in the EPL do, thanks to the bumper Sky cash of course. This means the EPL clubs can cherry pick other leagues....they've already raided La Liga.
Report Tucker Max October 22, 2013 10:39 PM BST
[i]he Bundesliga appears to have a better structure in place. I think they will pull away. They have German owners, better stadiums, cheaper matchday experience and plenty of German born players in their teams.[/i

I assume "Better" means better at playing football. Therefore the stadiums and ticket prices and locally born players are irrelevant. You could make a case that the German Clubs will do better under the FFP rules but these will surely be fudged in typical European stlye and so will be irrelevant.

At the moment the Bundesliga is on an all-time high and they have two great teams and one decent team. How do you think permanenet Bundesliga teams like Freiburg or Mainz would do in Spain or England ?
Report sofiakenny October 22, 2013 10:42 PM BST
uz chermans are zee greatest fussball teams in zee vorld..vee vill return wizz our tankz and rule ze vorld vee r zee maztarace..deutschland uber alles!!!
Report themover October 22, 2013 11:01 PM BST
any country that names a city after a sausage can't be taken seriously imo
Report Tucker Max October 22, 2013 11:14 PM BST
Some countries are so frivolous that they name towns after Sports - at least you can eat a sausage.
Report Graeme83 October 22, 2013 11:28 PM BST
"I assume "Better" means better at playing football. Therefore the stadiums and ticket prices and locally born players are irrelevant. You could make a case that the German Clubs will do better under the FFP rules but these will surely be fudged in typical European stlye and so will be irrelevant."

Better package - football, stadiums, owners and overall structure. I'm sure the Germans see their league the way the English do the EPL. All we get is the repetitive English perspective, which involves dragging out the 'best league in the world' phrase about 80-200 times a day.
Report Tucker Max October 22, 2013 11:44 PM BST
I lived in Stuttgart from 2001 to 2012. Let me bust a few myths.

Ticket Prices are not much cheaper than the PL. IF (big IF) you are a season ticket holder it is a bit cheaper and if you can get a standing ticket it is also only about 25€. Great. Most pay way more and for those going twice a year like me it is about 50€ to get in to see VfB Stuttgart who are mostly sh!t.

Owners. The 50+1 model is held to be progressive but IMO holds back investment in smaller clus and hands the power to the big boy and his cousin Dortmund. Anti-competitive.

More local players. There are a few more German players playing in the BL than English in the PL. Not many more , so what ? I never understood why this is an issue. Competition is always a good thinbg. I would welcome more foreigners in my league...
Report Biscuit1979 October 22, 2013 11:46 PM BST
The answer to the OP's question is no.

The bundesliga has 2 very good sides but then not much else. Schalke just destroyed at home by Chelsea. Leverkusen easily beaten by United a few weeks ago.

No league can claim to be the best in the world when it's best side can just cherry pick players from the 2nd best side.

However in terms of stadiums, ticket pricing, club owners etc then yes it's the best.
Report Tucker Max October 22, 2013 11:51 PM BST
Biscuit, how much did you pay for your last ticket in Deutschland ?

See my comment above
Report Biscuit1979 October 22, 2013 11:56 PM BST
"The average price for the cheapest ticket in the Bundesliga is £10.33 and the average cost of the lowest price adult season ticket is £207.22, compared to £28.30 and £467.95 respectively in the English Premier League"
Report patrick starr October 22, 2013 11:58 PM BST
is that the same as saying you have never been to a german game biccy?
Report Tucker Max October 23, 2013 12:00 AM BST
So you have never been.

That is all fine and dandy but pls. don`t trot out what you read in the paper. The BL is a fine league and run well and is perfectly respectable but don`t make it out to be more than that just because a journalist told you so..
Report Biscuit1979 October 23, 2013 12:06 AM BST
Nope never been to a german league game. Not sure what that has to do with anything though, it's widely accepted that the german league has cheap tickets.

Just had a quick look online, tickets for Stuttgarts next home game readily available for €26.

https://ssl.vfb.de/tickets/default.php?cPath=621_622&sort=1a&page=3

Not quite the hard to come by €50 you'd have us believe.
Report Tucker Max October 23, 2013 12:16 AM BST
Those tickets are for AWAY FANS ONLY. Use Google translate if skeptical

You and I would never get in with such a ticket. TBF you could get a ticket for this Football classic for just €43.50
Report judorick October 23, 2013 12:39 AM BST
which town is named after a sausage?
Report Sank October 23, 2013 12:47 AM BST
bundesliga? there is nothing else than bayern munich and borussia dortmund
Report Biscuit1979 October 23, 2013 12:49 AM BST
Is that normal in Germany then Tucker that you can buy away fans tickets on the home teams website? Seems strange. Anyway though, a ticket is still €26 whoever it's for. Teams in league 2 here pay more than that.
It costs me £15 to go and stand to watch my local conference team.
Report themover October 23, 2013 12:57 AM BST

Oct 23, 2013 -- 1:39AM, judorick wrote:

which town is named after a sausage?

Frankfurt

Report Tucker Max October 23, 2013 1:02 AM BST
TBF it seems a touch unusual esp. as Nürnberg aint that far away and should fill up the 2,500 that they would normally get.
Dunno. These are lean times for both clubs and both sets of fans are famously the tempramental glory hunter type.
Report Tucker Max October 23, 2013 1:04 AM BST
Yeah but it aint €25 is it ?

You will pay €43.50 for a sh!t seat..
Report Tucker Max October 23, 2013 1:05 AM BST
50€ for the "Hauptribune" and well worth the extra 6.50 IMO
Report themover October 23, 2013 1:05 AM BST
since 1989 English ticket prices have increased 716 per cent (inflation 77 per cent).
Report themover October 23, 2013 1:06 AM BST
The most expensive cup of tea is £2.50 at Old Trafford. Manchester City have dropped their price to £1.80 from £2.50

Cool
Report Mike-lfc October 23, 2013 1:07 AM BST
Germany - Bayern and Dortmund / Spain - Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico. Then you've got PSG, Juventus and the English clubs. The rest are pointless.
Report themover October 23, 2013 1:07 AM BST
The cheapest adult season ticket in the Premier League is £299 at Manchester City. The most expensive is £1,955 at Arsenal

Cool
Report judorick October 23, 2013 1:11 AM BST
Frankfurt ffs how could I not get that??

derrrrrrrrrrr
Report Premier League Cycle October 23, 2013 1:20 AM BST
Also Eintracht Braunschweiger judorick Plain
Report themover October 23, 2013 1:23 AM BST
and Werder Sausage
Report Sank October 23, 2013 1:27 AM BST
anyone on dep.pasto tonight? it looks like a decent bet.
Report A.H HUNTER esq. November 27, 2014 7:47 PM GMT
You what, you what, you what, you what, you what?
Report scandanavian_haven November 29, 2014 8:58 PM GMT
City 3-2 Bayern Munich
Schalke 0-5 chelsea
Arsenal 2-0 Borussia Dortmund
Wolfsburg 0-2 Everton
Laugh
Report Westender November 29, 2014 9:54 PM GMT
In terms of entertainment, even the German Ladies Fem League puts on a better show than Sunderland v Chelsea. Laugh
Report JC1326 November 30, 2014 11:25 AM GMT
^ Either backed Chelsea or did what most posters on here seem to do and blindly backed BTTS and Over 2.5, gl.

I watched the last thirty minutes of that match and it was entertaining, end to end. But then I was on Sunderland DND and not goals so maybe that's clouding my judgement, who knows.
Report madverassocks November 30, 2014 11:27 AM GMT
No, entertaining yes
Report A.H HUNTER esq. November 30, 2014 1:30 PM GMT
Schalke won 4-1  at home yesterday. Must have played a part time club.
Report Westender November 30, 2014 2:14 PM GMT
That Chelsea match was a total stinker and so is the 1st half of the Citeh match
Report Bergkamp93 November 30, 2014 2:23 PM GMT

Nov 30, 2014 -- 12:27PM, madverassocks wrote:

No, entertaining yes

THIS Cool

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com