Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
marychain1
05 Oct 13 20:43
| Topic/replies: 28,704 | Blogger: marychain1's blog
I've got no correct scores right, so I'm out of the £10 million pot, but I've got 3 results right (and Roma to win at Inter and they're 3-0 up at half time)

Manchester Cityvs.Everton
2-1 Grin

Hull Cityvs.Aston Villa
1-1 Grin

Sunderlandvs.Manchester United
1-3 Grin

Inter Milanvs.Roma
1-2

Norwichvs.Chelsea
0-2

West Bromwich Albionvs.Arsenal
1-2

Juventusvs.AC Milan
3-0

I'm being offered £19.76 for 100% of my ticket. What do you reckon? I should get offered more at full time in the Roma game, unless there is a miraculous comeback. Also, I'm relatively happy with my picks for tomorrow's games.
Pause Switch to Standard View Colossus Cash In?
Show More
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 8:44 PM BST
It's the £5,000 consoltation pot that I'm left in.
Report gotitwrong- October 5, 2013 8:57 PM BST
most tickets left will likely have the same results ?
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 8:58 PM BST
Hang in there - defo!
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 8:58 PM BST
Yeah was thinking that. The last three games seem *fairly* straightforward. A few people might have a draw in any of the last three games but they all have big favourites.
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 9:00 PM BST
Do you get a bonus if you get some scores correct?
Report joshua tree October 5, 2013 9:01 PM BST
What is this Marychain ?
Report Bergkamp93 October 5, 2013 9:01 PM BST
So MC if Roma go on to win plus Chelsea, Arsenal and Juventus how much do you win ?
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 9:14 PM BST
Its a pot so it depends how many other tickets get the same results.

Its the £10,000,000 Colossus Bets. Its like lottery x multiples Scoop6 x Cash In

Colossus Bets

If you use my RAF code RAFMRR4NW7 when you sign up, you get 3 x free goes at the £10 million jackpot.

The £10,000,000 jackpot is if you get 7 correct scores. There are several other pools. Each pool has a consolation pot for when you get the results correct but not the correct scores.
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 9:15 PM BST
https://www.colossusbets.com/
RAFMRR4NW7
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 9:18 PM BST
So I entered the £10,000,000 Colossus but I'm in the £5,000 consolation pot now because I didnt get all the correct scores right but did get the results right (so far)
Report joshua tree October 5, 2013 9:23 PM BST
Oh right....a bit like the Sky supersoccer thing .....
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 9:28 PM BST
MC, is the Colossus safe with credit card details etc?
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 9:40 PM BST
Yes mate, its safe as houses.

My offer has gone up a bit Laugh think I'll wait and see how Norwich v Chelsea goes.

We are offering you £21.01 for 100% of your ticket.

Use the slider below to change the percentage you would like to sell.
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 9:42 PM BST
Thanks MC.  I'll sign up and quote your ref RAFMRR4NW7.

Arrabest and thanks for your tips - you've won me a few £££ Happy
Report joshua tree October 5, 2013 9:43 PM BST
How long these been going for?? And has anyone scooped the lot on their own yet?
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 9:46 PM BST
Its a bit like the Sky Super Soccer thing except there's loads of different pools you can play in

Colossus £10million
Premier League Pick 6 £2million
La Liga Pick 6 £2million
Pick 3s from Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga & Serie A

The aim is to get the correct scores all spot on to scoop the whole pot, or at least stay in the pool as long as possible to be able to sell your ticket (you can sell 10% at a time).

There is also a consolation pot for each pool for correct results but not scores.
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 9:47 PM BST
It started at the start of the Prem season. I've had a few £50 offers but never taken anything (too greedy). No-one has won the Colossus yet, but I think the consoltation pot has been won almost every week.

I think someone might have won one of the Pick 6 pots for £1million or £2million but not sure.
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 9:50 PM BST
2-1 Grin

Hull Cityvs.Aston Villa
1-1 Grin

1-3 Grin

Inter Milanvs.Roma
1-2 Grin

Norwichvs.Chelsea
0-2

1-2

Juventusvs.AC Milan
3-0

Going to be a Chelsea fan for the first time ever tomorrow and take it from there
Report joshua tree October 5, 2013 9:52 PM BST
Any idea what your 7 c/s bets would pay out as an accumulator at the bookies if you got them all up to a £2 stake?
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 9:57 PM BST
No. I imagine it would be less, but I don't reckon most bookies would pay more than £1million on an accumulator, and I can cash out some or all of my bet on Colossus, and I get the consolation pot with Colossus for results only, which could potentially pay 2500/1 for my £2 stake.

I'd guess an acca on the results I chose with the bookies would have been worth about 200/1-250/1, but I don't have accurate match odds figures.
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 9:59 PM BST
Signed up and your ref code was accepted, CJ.

Best keep this hidden away from half Loser 22, cos he's the kinda guy who would win it on the first attempt!  Actually, I would be glad if he did.

Thanks again and good fortune.
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 9:59 PM BST
CJ?  What?  MC, I meant!
Report joshua tree October 5, 2013 10:13 PM BST
Wonder if they would cough up if someone did indeed get all the Correct Scores in the Collusus Pool .....
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 10:32 PM BST

Oct 5, 2013 -- 4:13PM, joshua tree wrote:

Wonder if they would cough up if someone did indeed get all the Correct Scores in the Collusus Pool .....

Yes, Josh - I was thinking along similar lines.

What is the guarantee of pay out with a full house?

Not that it will happen but if it DOES?

Report inner city sumo October 5, 2013 10:35 PM BST
One of the blokes on General Betting is involved in this. I guess they are banking on people cashing out long before it gets anywhere near to 10m, but who's to say someone doesn't have a go, gets caught up in something and only gets to check the results after the event. What a nice surprise that would be!
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 10:37 PM BST
As long as it's all official, I'm OK with it.
Report inner city sumo October 5, 2013 10:39 PM BST
It's legit. It's exactly the kind of innovative product Betfair should have been coming up with to get people on the site.
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 10:40 PM BST
- it was only the uncertainty that held me back afore now.

Does anyone know anything negative?
Report joshua tree October 5, 2013 10:41 PM BST
I would asssume that to get a gambling licence for this type of pool operation, they would either have to ring fence funds, or take out some sort of liability insurance. Seems an awfully big pot to try and cover with £2 stakes etc....
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 10:43 PM BST
There are most certainly plenty witnesses here to stand up in court if it is a fraud!

Thanks for your replies and here's to finding a £10m winner from these boards Cool
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 10:56 PM BST
They have got a massive bank to cover payouts. I remember when they first talked about setting it up that they wanted to have cover to pay out on the Colossus two weeks on the trot.

They're legit, tens of millions of investment from loads of sources.

The company saw a gap in the market where Scoop6, lottery, pools, football and a cashout option all came together, and made this. As someone on here pointed out, one of the founders (or maybe the founder) is a Betfair punter who is on the general betting forum.
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 10:57 PM BST

Oct 5, 2013 -- 3:50PM, marychain1 wrote:

Manchester Cityvs.Everton2-1 Hull Cityvs.Aston Villa1-1 Sunderlandvs.Manchester United1-3 Inter Milanvs.Roma1-2 Norwichvs.Chelsea0-2 West Bromwich Albionvs.Arsenal1-2 Juventusvs.AC Milan3-0 Going to be a Chelsea fan for the first time ever tomorrow and take it from there

marychain1 - there are worse teams than Chelsea to support Wink

Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 10:58 PM BST
All the pools are guaranteed payouts btw. Think when it gets going it will develop a rollover as well, so will only get bigger.
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 10:59 PM BST
My bloody mother supports Chelsea. Yes there are worse teams - as a Crewe fan who has seen his team beaten by the bottom of the league team 3 times (each time by 3 or more goals) this season already, I can vouch for that
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 11:03 PM BST
We posted at the same time, MC.

Yes, I like the sound of this Colossus thing.  Seems good and Betfair may be stepping back.

Good luck with your score quotes tomorrow - I've passed them on to a mate who hates Chelsea and he's fumimg.  Lol, teach him to be a Gooner Laugh
Report joshua tree October 5, 2013 11:06 PM BST
I cant predict 1 correct score, never mind 7 !!!! In fact the only correct score I would ever recommend anyone to bet is actually a nil nil !!
Report trilby22 October 5, 2013 11:07 PM BST
BTW, marychain, I'm not your mother Mischief
Report marychain1 October 5, 2013 11:12 PM BST
She's a bit of a family embarrassment actually. She came late to the football party, and only really got into football because she had to take my two younger brothers to Gresty Road cos I didn't want to cos I was going with my mates. So she started supporting Crewe as well but then also developed a liking for Chelsea ShockedShocked because she grew up round that neck of the woods. Glory hunter imo.
Report gnashersblackpool October 6, 2013 1:33 AM BST
7 correct scores acculator is towards million to one.
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 8:20 AM BST
If you landed the Colossus that would be a payout of 5million to one
Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 8:57 AM BST
I had a look at this in a bit more detail.

Collusus Bets themselves are a new company started up by a Bernard Maranatelli, who used to work in banking. The take out of the pool ( ie the " expense " of running it ) is 30%.

To get the jackpot, you have to select the correct score in each game from a list of 7 matches spread over the weekend. In effect , it is a rolling accumulator. In theory there are an infinite number of correct score possibilities for any given match, though what Collus Bets have done is limit the possibilities to 15 for each game by lumping some of the more exotic scorelines into a " any other score " option.

This means that to get the jackpot, there are 15x15x15x15x15x15x15 combinations to overcome....or in other words , true odds of 170 million to one!!!!

Of course some scores are more likely than others, however I rather think that the jackpot is gonna remain untouched for its life.

As always, pool betting is more for fun......so treat this one as that, though this lot wont be getting any of my money as I aint lining the pockets of a Banker.......
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 10:53 AM BST
All that is true, although as you say some scores are more likely than others. Also, the AOH and AOA mean several scorelines are lumped together as one.

Like the lottery, the chance of landing the jackpot is a slim one, but this is unlike most other pool bets.

1) The lottery/pools is over in one go, and you've either won or not. With Colossus, the games are spread out over the weekend.
2) You have the choice of how much of your ticket to cash in at half time and full time during every match.

Also, if you didn't want to use any company that had bankers or moneymen lining their pockets, you would never leave the house or buy anything. You certainly wouldn't use Betfair or any bookmaker. Its called capitalism, and they've all got shareholders dipping their hands in.
Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 11:06 AM BST
Indeed Mary....though the trouble I have with this Collosus outfit is that the originator looks somewhat smarmy to me...his boast that this could be bigger than the lottery does no favours.

Of course you can simply do the same on here ..ie do a rolling accumulator over the very same 7 games, and lay off at any time you want. Though of course if you should start getting into some heavy money , then the availabilty of liquidity comes into play.

I ll keep an eye on this concept of Collosus Bets, though I rather think it aint gonna be around in 2 years time.....
Report Ozymandius October 6, 2013 11:24 AM BST
Congratulations on winning the 10 million!

Unfortunately your free entry was derived from a RAF specific promotion code to which you are not legally entitled.  Sorry!  Please try again!
Report CJ70 October 6, 2013 11:27 AM BST
Had a look and used your referral, MC.
Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 11:30 AM BST
Lol....at this rate, Marychain will be getting free bets every week for a year just off his referral commission !!
Report Ozymandius October 6, 2013 11:33 AM BST
Ah..RAF means Refer A Fried...I was thinking fighter pilots Cry

Refer A Friend

1. WHAT IS 'REFER A FRIEND’?

Colossus Bets offers a ground-breaking Refer a Friend (RAF) scheme that gives you a cash-back of 5% of amounts bet by your friends and 2% of both amounts they cash-in and amounts they win, for a period of 12 months from the date of their registration with Colossus Bets.

Example: one of your referred friends bets £100 in each month for a year, cashes-in a total of £5,000 and wins £10,000 in pool dividends. You will earn £360 from your friend’s activity, made up of 5% of your friend’s £1,200 spend (so £60) and 2% of cash-ins (so £100) and 2% of pool dividends (so £200).

If one of your friends wins the full £10,000,000 Colossus, you will earn £200,000 from that alone!
Report Ozymandius October 6, 2013 11:36 AM BST
^
Small wonder he was giving it the hard sell!
Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 11:40 AM BST
As the "Life of Brian" sketch goes ....." He is a very naughty boy"!!!
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 11:44 AM BST
There wouldn't be much point in having a refer a friend scheme that didn't reward the referee would there???

Hardly giving it the hard sell either. If you're going to join its better to use a RAF code than not use one, so as we're on the subject anyway you might as well use mine. If you don't want to then that's fine. No worries.
Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 11:50 AM BST
Indeed Mary.....this one looks quite generous as well.....and if the concept really took off, it could end up as one giant pyramid scheme !!
Report Ozymandius October 6, 2013 11:50 AM BST
Fair enough, but why not be open about the scheme up front? 

And it does put your passionate defense of the Company and it's model in a new light.

Bad form imo.
Report danbil October 6, 2013 11:52 AM BST
Heard a bit about this but didn't really look into it, I think it's the same thing that Michael Owen must be involved in as he brings it up on twitter.

Might have a look this afternoon and give it a go, using your RAF marychain. Adds a little interest if nothing else and I'd prefer it to the lottery-at least there's a little skill involved.
Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 11:54 AM BST
Yes....Michael Owen is involved in this....apparently he is good buddies with the originator through horse racing etc....
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 12:01 PM BST
If I thought there was any need to be "open" about it I would have been.

I thought that the fact that it was a "refer a friend" code meant that most people would automatically know that inferred a benefit for me.

I'm not passionately defending the scheme, I'm explaining it to people who don't know about it. All I've done is answer people's questions. There have already been several threads about Colossus on here, so it's not like I'm the first to come on here and put my RAF code up.

I happen to think its a good idea. Enough people play the lottery and Scoop 6 so it's about time there was something for football betting.

If I make a few bob because someone I've referred wins then great, but for that to happen the person I referred would also win a load of cash so I don't think they would be complaining!

If you don't want to sign up or you have an issue with me putting my RAF code up that's up to you. As I said, it's no skin off my nose.
Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 12:09 PM BST
To be fair, from a betting point of view, the lottery is a mugs bet anyway. The Scoop 6 attracts plenty of mug money, but invariably the jackpot eventually gets won by pro bettors in a syndicate.

I wouldnt be suprised if the originator of Collosus Bets was involved in a Scoop 6 syndicate jackpot at some point in the past....
Report Ozymandius October 6, 2013 12:16 PM BST
You make 5% of their spend even if they win nothing.

They don't call it a 'ground breaking' refer a fried scheme for nothing.

Personally, if I was introducing someone to this concept, I would be upfront about what was in it for me.
Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 12:24 PM BST
Mary.....how many genuine friends do you actually have on this forum?
Report kellydamo October 6, 2013 12:29 PM BST

Oct 6, 2013 -- 5:50AM, Ozymandius wrote:

Fair enough, but why not be open about the scheme up front?  And it does put your passionate defense of the Company and it's model in a new light.Bad form imo.

Not bad form at all, if you look at the other collossus threads everyone has put in their RAF numbers

Report joshua tree October 6, 2013 1:40 PM BST
bad form all round then...
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 2:26 PM BST
We are offering you £28.28 for 100% of your ticket...

Or I could sell 50% for £14.14.

Deal or No Deal?
Report CJ70 October 6, 2013 2:42 PM BST
Hardly bad form. By using the RAF code I've picked up 3 free bets.

Not ground breaking, but 3 weeks of playing for free.
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 3:13 PM BST
Phew!
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 3:20 PM BST
Am now an Arsenal fan for the next 2 and half hours
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 3:23 PM BST
2-1 Grin

Hull Cityvs.Aston Villa
1-1 Grin

1-3 Grin

Inter Milanvs.Roma
1-2 Grin

Norwichvs.Chelsea
0-2 Grin

1-2

Juventusvs.AC Milan
3-0
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 3:24 PM BST
We are offering you £33.68 for 100% of your ticket.
Report trilby22 October 6, 2013 4:39 PM BST
MC, I signed up and provided my details but I didn't see anywhere to quote your RAF code.  How do I do this?

Know when to hold 'em ;)
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 4:57 PM BST
I don't actually know mate. I can't remember, it was in August when I signed in. Don't worry about it.

Arsenal game not going to plan...
We are offering you £12.41 for 100% of your ticket.
Report Senyatta October 6, 2013 4:58 PM BST
take it. arsenal/liverpool are always accume busters.theyll get a draw at best here
Report trilby22 October 6, 2013 5:00 PM BST
Nah, hold it MC.  What's losing £12.41 to get over concerned about?
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 5:03 PM BST
Been out for a ride, not seen first half. Any danger they'll come back and win this?
Report Senyatta October 6, 2013 5:07 PM BST
ya maybe its not worth taking 12.i cant see arsenal winning but ur mans right.if u cash out for a crap price u can never ever win the big prize can you.
Report desperatemunter October 6, 2013 5:09 PM BST
refer a friend things always mean a benefit always mean a benefit for the 'referee' - you'd be out of touch not to know that.  I'd have no problem with someone getting 2% of my winnings if they'd introduced me to the thing.
Report desperatemunter October 6, 2013 5:12 PM BST
i wonder what the offers would be like if you were in the big one with say 3, then 4 correct scores?   a good few tens of thousands i'd think.
Report desperatemunter October 6, 2013 5:13 PM BST
(or even 5% of winnings)
Report Senyatta October 6, 2013 5:31 PM BST
they paid price for anelkas miss. did u leave it in the end mate?
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 6:08 PM BST
Didn't cash any out so no beans.
Report marychain1 October 6, 2013 9:34 PM BST
F**king Arsenal Cry
Report trilby22 October 6, 2013 9:37 PM BST
Unlucky, MC.  Feckin Gooners!
Report trilby22 October 6, 2013 9:40 PM BST
Your Mum's right about Chelsea tho - they're a promising squad.  Crewe could be in with a shout too - especially if they like Motoerhead ;)
Report buzzer November 1, 2013 9:00 PM GMT
Betting giants Coral suffered the embarrassment of their £1million football pools market — predicting 15 matches — being won by professional gambler Bernard Marantelli, boss of rival firm Colossus Bets.

Marantelli staked £34,000 to win the seven-figure Coral jackpot completed by Watford’s draw at Brighton. He was looking to cash in for around £580,000 before the final match but Coral do not offer the opportunity to take an early profit and ended up paying out £1m.
Report buzzer November 1, 2013 9:06 PM GMT
“If the bet had offered a cash-in option like Colossus Bets itself offers to our players, we would have banked some profits before the match last night.

“Instead, we sat and sweated through the 90 minutes with the Watford supporters! “In a business sense giving the player cash-in flexibility is also good risk management practice for the betting operator.

“For example, Coral could have reduced their liability by around £450,000 last night if they offered cash-in. It will be industry-standard soon and a win-win for punters and bookies alike.”

Saves starting a new thread for anyone interested.
Report kingscrewed November 1, 2013 11:10 PM GMT
Just seen this being advertised on tv for the first time,  they are giving a free go tomorrow with the daily express.
Report Hamsterdam November 1, 2013 11:22 PM GMT
Would they limit you if you were continually cashing out profits from the £2 stake?
Report The Magician (100) November 2, 2013 12:56 PM GMT
All players welcome... no one will be limited for bets or fractional-cash-ins
Report racingunited111 November 3, 2013 12:39 PM GMT
Opened an account yesterday and played in the "thanksamillion pool"not bad gt 10k for 3 scores
Report marychain1 November 3, 2013 1:03 PM GMT
Hope you used RAFMRR4NW7
Report donny osmond November 27, 2013 6:09 PM GMT
ttt

for trackers
Report Trackman November 27, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
ta Wink
Report marychain1 November 30, 2013 7:29 PM GMT
The Colossus
£10,000,000 - Nov 30 - 15:00

Cardiff Cityvs.Arsenal
1-1 1-2 Happy