Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happygreenday
23 Aug 13 21:45
Joined:
Date Joined: 08 Aug 01
| Topic/replies: 46 | Blogger: happygreenday's blog
Went 1-1, tried my best to lay the draw off and refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh .... oh, all of a sudden the market is up for a nanosecond with prices that don't make any sense and then the market is suspended because there has been a penalty given!
What is the reason?
Why is it taking so long to put the market back up?
Pause Switch to Standard View Once suspended, why does it take so...
Show More
Loading...
Report DJH7 August 23, 2013 9:47 PM BST
UnhappyRedDay?
Report sideshowbob August 23, 2013 9:48 PM BST
no idea. drives me mad at times. it should take about 1 second to press a button that cancels all the bets then un-suspend it. write betfair an email if youre feeling brave!
Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 9:49 PM BST
It was unsuspended as I said in the other thread, ample enough time to get the bet off
Report stood on the railwayside August 23, 2013 9:49 PM BST
COMPLETELY agree mate, layed wolves @ 1.25 at HT..Tried backing them when crawley scored!!! WHY take so long betfair??
Report super spurs August 23, 2013 9:50 PM BST
YOUR RIGHT FCUKING BETFAIR.I LOSS 350 POUNDS,JUST BECAUSE THE FCUKING BETFAIR MONKEY WENT 4 A PISS.I HOPE HE DOES NOT GET RUN OVER BY A BUS ON THE WAY HOME,SadSad
Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 9:51 PM BST
What are you lot using to place your bets?  I had time to if I wanted to
Report sideshowbob August 23, 2013 9:52 PM BST
i didnt even look at the betting, but i know from other matches it can take forever. seems no reason for it, its not like theyre setting prices like bookies.
Report ccjefc August 23, 2013 9:55 PM BST
Sadly, it's always been like that. Certainly doesn't make it right but it has.

I suspect it's connected to the replays of the most recent goal. They won't put it back in-play until they can see the game live.

With the money involved, you would think they could obtain a feed from the main camera only, without the need for those operating the suspension button to also view replays.

It's bitten me many a time.
Report Darlo Bantam August 23, 2013 9:55 PM BST
There's inconsistency depending on the leagues or the coverage. Any big match or televised match, the market seems to only be reopened once the game kicks. Most other matches, it's often only suspended for the best part of five seconds. But occasionally, it's not even suspended; the bets are cleared but nothing else, and I know there's people complain that it means you can strictly bet at price pre-suspend but the suspend doesn't go up long enough for your bet to be stopped.
Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 9:57 PM BST
Well it seems most of the above are using the browser to place their bets and for me that therein is one main issue.  Should be using AGT like I do and you get quicker access to the api than with a browser without a doubt
Report CJ70 August 23, 2013 9:59 PM BST
It's the guy in the ground that suspends/unsuspends.
Report Darlo Bantam August 23, 2013 10:00 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 3:57PM, kellydamo wrote:


Well it seems most of the above are using the browser to place their bets and for me that therein is one main issue.

Report Darlo Bantam August 23, 2013 10:02 PM BST
kellydamo • August 23, 2013 9:57 PM BST
Well it seems most of the above are using the browser to place their bets and for me that therein is one main issue.  Should be using AGT like I do and you get quicker access to the api than with a browser without a doubt


I had AGT running. I noticed money did hit the market but it wasn't open long enough for me to make a bet. Luckily enough.
Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 10:03 PM BST
I could have Darlo but would have been close to the 8 second rule I think so wouldn't have mattered anyway but deffo should have AGT or similar thos extra seconds count in those situations
Report Darlo Bantam August 23, 2013 10:07 PM BST
I certainly agree with your suggestion though. Other software might be similar but there's no need to press refresh, or wait longer, like you need on the Betfair site. AGT reopens the markets essentially immediately after they are reopened.
Report CJ70 August 23, 2013 10:12 PM BST
With AGT being currently free there's no excuse either.
Report happygreenday August 23, 2013 10:19 PM BST
Whatever system you are using, the fact remains that it took too long to reopen the market. The goal went in and the market was suspended. How long do you need to suspend the market for? Surely 10 seconds is ample time.The bets on the market can be frozen and a new market opened up. What is reason for keeping the market suspended for a couple of minutes?
The only reason that I can think of is probably libellous.
Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 10:31 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 4:19PM, happygreenday wrote:


Whatever system you are using, the fact remains that it took too long to reopen the market. The goal went in and the market was suspended. How long do you need to suspend the market for? Surely 10 seconds is ample time.The bets on the market can be frozen and a new market opened up. What is reason for keeping the market suspended for a couple of minutes? The only reason that I can think of is probably libellous.


It was open and money hit the market as been said.  You were unlikely anyway to get your money on because of the 8 second rule anyway, it would have been real damn close.  Suggest you get AGT whilst it is free, makes all the difference from sitting there refreshing the page several times, which brings in other variables like which browser, what machine your using etc etc

Report sideshowbob August 23, 2013 10:35 PM BST
if they have a guy in the ground, why do they need an 8 second delay?? if anybody has faster pictures than the guy sat in the stadium, theres summat wrong somewhere! Laugh
Report CJ70 August 23, 2013 10:41 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 4:35PM, sideshowbob wrote:


if they have a guy in the ground, why do they need an 8 second delay?? if anybody has faster pictures than the guy sat in the stadium, theres summat wrong somewhere!


The guy at the ground doesn't always hit goal until he's sure.

Report happygreenday August 23, 2013 10:42 PM BST
I think the best thing that should be done is that the market should be opened as quickly as possible. Within 10 seconds seems ample. I think you are agreeing with me that this is the case -  and that it took much longer than it should, though maybe not.
When the market is open, I can place my bets.It's just when it is closed I am having a problem.
Why does it take so long to open the market?
Please don't tell me to get AGT, that is not the point I am making here.
There is no quality of service. You just have to take what we are given - which is totally inconsistent.
Report area15 August 23, 2013 10:44 PM BST
what I don't understand is that lots of times the market suspends for example an offside goal and within seconds it comes back on line, but when there is a real goal such as the crawley goal, it didn't re open till after the penalty ? crawley celebrated for ages and the game re started over 30 seconds after the goal so why didn't the market come back into play - anyone think there is some hidden agenda if not I would like betfair to respond with a ststement and the reason why? there should be a rule saying that after an incident, ie goal, red card etc the market will be suspended and re open 10 seconds later then we all know whats happening and what to expect - comment betfair please
Report CJ70 August 23, 2013 10:46 PM BST
All bookies are running off the same feed, at least they are to my knowledge.
Report happygreenday August 23, 2013 10:56 PM BST
90:00 +1:52 Handball by Kyle McFadzean.
90:00 +1:48 The ball is crossed by Kevin McDonald.
90:00 +0:28 Assist by Jamie Proctor.
90:00 +0:28 Goal scored Goal - Billy Clarke - Wolves 1 - 1 Crawley
Billy Clarke scores with a left foot finish. Wolverhampton 1-1 Crawley Town.



So it took 1 minute and 20 seconds if the bbc are to be believed. Now, usually the market is open but today, for some reason it wasn't. Yes, the market reopened but I doubt very much if any money was matched.
Could Betfair possibly try to provide a standard service rather than just  whatever they fancy they are going to provide today?
Report happygreenday August 23, 2013 10:56 PM BST
90:00 +1:52 Handball by Kyle McFadzean.
90:00 +1:48 The ball is crossed by Kevin McDonald.
90:00 +0:28 Assist by Jamie Proctor.
90:00 +0:28 Goal scored Goal - Billy Clarke - Wolves 1 - 1 Crawley
Billy Clarke scores with a left foot finish. Wolverhampton 1-1 Crawley Town.



So it took 1 minute and 20 seconds if the bbc are to be believed. Now, usually the market is open but today, for some reason it wasn't. Yes, the market reopened but I doubt very much if any money was matched.
Could Betfair possibly try to provide a standard service rather than just  whatever they fancy they are going to provide today?
Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 11:02 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 4:44PM, area15 wrote:


what I don't understand is that lots of times the market suspends for example an offside goal and within seconds it comes back on line, but when there is a real goal such as the crawley goal, it didn't re open till after the penalty ? crawley celebrated for ages and the game re started over 30 seconds after the goal so why didn't the market come back into play - anyone think there is some hidden agenda if not I would like betfair to respond with a ststement and the reason why? there should be a rule saying that after an incident, ie goal, red card etc the market will be suspended and re open 10 seconds later then we all know whats happening and what to expect - comment betfair please


It was reopened or have you failed to read this thread with your blinkered approach?

Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 11:03 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 4:56PM, happygreenday wrote:


90:00 +1:52 Handball by Kyle McFadzean. 90:00 +1:48 The ball is crossed by Kevin McDonald. 90:00 +0:28 Assist by Jamie Proctor. 90:00 +0:28 Goal scored Goal - Billy Clarke - Wolves 1 - 1 Crawley Billy Clarke scores with a left foot finish. Wolverhampton 1-1 Crawley Town. So it took 1 minute and 20 seconds if the bbc are to be believed. Now, usually the market is open but today, for some reason it wasn't. Yes, the market reopened but I doubt very much if any money was matched.Could Betfair possibly try to provide a standard service rather than just  whatever they fancy they are going to provide today?


So what about the goal celebrations and everyone returning to their respected halves in the 1 min 20 seconds?

Report area15 August 23, 2013 11:06 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 5:02PM, kellydamo wrote:



Aug 23, 2013 -- 10:44PM, area15 wrote:
what I don't understand is that lots of times the market suspends for example an offside goal and within seconds it comes back on line, but when there is a real goal such as the crawley goal, it didn't re open till after the penalty ? crawley celebrated for ages and the game re started over 30 seconds after the goal so why didn't the market come back into play - anyone think there is some hidden agenda if not I would like betfair to respond with a ststement and the reason why? there should be a rule saying that after an incident, ie goal, red card etc the market will be suspended and re open 10 seconds later then we all know whats happening and what to expect - comment betfair please
It was reopened or have you failed to read this thread with your blinkered approach?


it did reopen but too late for most to get their bets off it didn't re open until after the game kicked off so my blinkers are well and truly off

Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 11:16 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 5:06PM, area15 wrote:


Aug 23, 2013 -- 11:02PM, kellydamo wrote:Aug 23, 2013 -- 10:44PM, area15 wrote:what I don't understand is that lots of times the market suspends for example an offside goal and within seconds it comes back on line, but when there is a real goal such as the crawley goal, it didn't re open till after the penalty ? crawley celebrated for ages and the game re started over 30 seconds after the goal so why didn't the market come back into play - anyone think there is some hidden agenda if not I would like betfair to respond with a ststement and the reason why? there should be a rule saying that after an incident, ie goal, red card etc the market will be suspended and re open 10 seconds later then we all know whats happening and what to expect - comment betfair pleaseIt was reopened or have you failed to read this thread with your blinkered approach?it did reopen but too late for most to get their bets off it didn't re open until after the game kicked off so my blinkers are well and truly off


you were refreshing on a browser so wouldnt have seen it open and populate which it did.  The likelyhood is you wouldnt have got to lay it off because of the time between the goal, celebration and countdown anyway.

Report area15 August 23, 2013 11:39 PM BST
refreshing on a browser or not there should be a rule that says when an event is suspended it will re-open in a stated time, maybe there is a rule somewhere but not seen it, if no rule exists then it should. As a very regular betfair user since it just about started up I can tell when something is not as it should be and in my opinion the market took too long to re open, there was enough time between goal, celebrations, stroll back into crawley half, kick off etc for the market to open without depending on what browser was being used :)
Report themightymac August 23, 2013 11:43 PM BST
Markets shouldn`t be suspended when there is a penalty kick. Punters should have the opportunity to bet or lay dependent on their thoughts on whether the team will score or miss the penalty and offer or take odds accordingly.
Report themightymac August 23, 2013 11:45 PM BST
Kellydamo - we get your point and accept that you are cleverer than us but perhaps you would care to explain to us non techies exactly what AGT is?
Report area15 August 23, 2013 11:52 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 5:43PM, themightymac wrote:

Markets shouldn`t be suspended when there is a penalty kick. Punters should have the opportunity to bet or lay dependent on their thoughts on whether the team will score or miss the penalty and offer or take odds accordingly.


good shout, I have thought that for years,take it on board betfair, its not a goal till its in the net. Also no suspension in rugby when a try is scored, or American football when a touchdown etc they are still scores similar to football so whats the difference ?

Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 11:55 PM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 5:43PM, themightymac wrote:


Markets shouldn`t be suspended when there is a penalty kick. Punters should have the opportunity to bet or lay dependent on their thoughts on whether the team will score or miss the penalty and offer or take odds accordingly.


I have always said the same with regard to that.  Dont see why they shouldnt

Report themightymac August 23, 2013 11:56 PM BST
area51 - I`ve never understood that either mate.
Report themightymac August 23, 2013 11:57 PM BST
kellydamo - can you please explain AGT ?
Report CJ70 August 23, 2013 11:57 PM BST
geekstoy.com
Report kellydamo August 23, 2013 11:57 PM BST
http://www.geekstoy.com/index.php/introduction-videos.html
https://www.geekstoy.co.uk/UserManuals/english.html
Report themightymac August 23, 2013 11:58 PM BST
kellydamo - I think most punters would agree markets should not be suspended when a penalty is awarded.
Report themightymac August 23, 2013 11:59 PM BST
Thanks guys.
Report kellydamo August 24, 2013 12:03 AM BST
have a look at it and any questions have a look on their foruma s it normally has already been asked, if not ask in a new thread here.  The speed you get your bets on compared to using a browser is one main advantage, especially if it drags which it does on my laptop and I have a decent laptop and work in IT.  Also you got all the figures in front of you, everything that you want up.  So much there that it is worth the £29 when it is paid for
Report themightymac August 24, 2013 12:11 AM BST
Thanks mate, I`ll take a look at it once my head recovers Crazy
Report Darlo Bantam August 24, 2013 12:13 AM BST

Aug 23, 2013 -- 5:58PM, themightymac wrote:


kellydamo - I think most punters would agree markets should not be suspended when a penalty is awarded.


I think they should.

Report themightymac August 24, 2013 12:17 AM BST
We all should email BF and suggest this. "Punter Power" rules ya bass Whoops
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com