Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
VillaBoy
23 May 13 11:34
| Topic/replies: 257 | Blogger: VillaBoy's blog
The market suggests someone knows. Odds on now with some for Everton job and 6/4 top price. What time is the meeting with Whelan?
Pause Switch to Standard View Martinez- has he decided??
Show More
Report bananaoasis May 23, 2013 11:54 AM BST
midday
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 12:22 PM BST
Market is not informed, just regular folks jumping to conclusions.  Sure he could be headed to Everton but sub 3 given these circumstances is a joke.
Report Darlo Bantam May 23, 2013 12:27 PM BST
Market jumped from 3.5 to about 2.5 just because Shearer and Hansen in Unison said he was going there on MoTD last Sunday. By Monday morning he was out to around 4.5 again.
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 12:32 PM BST
If Martinez comes out and announces he's leaving Wigan this price should drop like a rock, might be some good value to it.
Report VillaBoy May 23, 2013 12:32 PM BST
I totally agree. Market moves are never really reliable but I think they're more informative when you know an announcement is due to be made. In other words, very shortly Martinez will have the job or be 1000 to back.....on that basis I can't see people willing to stick £1000 up to back at 2.8ish without some knowledge.
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 12:35 PM BST
VB even if he leaves Wigan its no certainty he's jumping to Everton.  Could be Stoke, another non-premierleague side or perhaps Everton down the line.  The price will no doubt overreact.

I still think Pereira is going to Everton, although latest buzz is Porto has tabled an attractive offer for him to remain.  Still favor Pereira over Martinez at this moment.
Report VillaBoy May 23, 2013 12:45 PM BST
No chance is he going to Stoke. Although it's speculation, I'm pretty sure he's not leaving Wigan without a job lined up. My view is that he's been offered the Everton job, but there is a possibility it could be the Malaga job? Everton should appeal to him, as he's likely to work with a chairman that will give him time to perform.....we'll know soon enough anyway.
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 12:53 PM BST
Stoke want him and honestly don't see why he wouldn't consider.  The fact he has "better" jobs out there available seems quite astonishing. 

Stoke at the moment have more money and he has a chance to rebuild Stoke in his image.  Everton without investment was mildly overachieving and there isn't much place to go but down.  Would seem strange at first glance but I don't think its impossible.
Report bananaoasis May 23, 2013 12:58 PM BST
Everton are a far far bigger proposition to any manager than Stoke. Martinez was the favorite from the start after his team destroyed Everton in the cup, the man has been wanted for the last three seasons, too big a risk to stay at Wigan now and damage his reputation, Everton a good club with no money no, but he knows the league and is PR Quality. The job is his if he wants it, always has been.
Report padlock May 23, 2013 12:59 PM BST
Laugh lay the overhyped relegation achieving one imo
Report VillaBoy May 23, 2013 1:00 PM BST
Martinez is a funny fish. With his track record, I think he just likes going for interviews!!!! He'll probably decide to stay at Wigan again in the end
Report bananaoasis May 23, 2013 1:01 PM BST
Grin Good defensive coach needed... Laugh Do Everton happen to have one at hand??? Laugh
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 1:03 PM BST
Delayed decision.  Translation may have nowhere to go. lol
Report kavvie May 23, 2013 1:04 PM BST
someone wants 600e on laudrup...not a sum of money to be thrown around if you knew nothing!?!?
Report Darlo Bantam May 23, 2013 1:04 PM BST
Biggish bounce on Martinez price.
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 1:05 PM BST
kevvie there's been somebody swooping in with massive blocks on Klinsmann.  Never know what's behind it.
Report bananaoasis May 23, 2013 1:05 PM BST
All on Laudrup then Grin
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 1:08 PM BST
Key man to watch is Pereira, if he doesn't sign an extension with Porto he's 90%+ certain to be the next Everton manager.
Report padlock May 23, 2013 1:09 PM BST
reckon martin o'neil is a perfect efc type
Report jollie May 23, 2013 1:09 PM BST
he has told whelan he is off to talk to everton i reckon

he will be off to agree terms later and press conference will be tomorrow so they can all go on their end of season jollys

i hope so anyway ive had a bet at 9/2
Report Darlo Bantam May 23, 2013 1:10 PM BST
So much for "someone knows" anyway.
Report bananaoasis May 23, 2013 1:19 PM BST
Few Grand gone on him this morning tho...
Report bananaoasis May 23, 2013 1:40 PM BST
Seems like no word on his future til next week now.... Confused
Report jollie May 23, 2013 1:48 PM BST
so they say
Report Shab May 23, 2013 1:57 PM BST
Sounds to me like Martinez wants to talk to other teams, then come back to Whelan to see what Wigan can offer.
Report jollie May 23, 2013 2:12 PM BST
dont think he will fancy it in the championship at all . he will be off
Report JML May 23, 2013 3:39 PM BST
Every chance that no one else wants him.
Report The Dragon May 23, 2013 6:02 PM BST
ive backed laudrup at 30
Report Insanity Later May 23, 2013 6:17 PM BST
I've backed Laudrup at 800

A whole 6p matched. Silly
Report The Dragon May 23, 2013 6:22 PM BST
whelan reckons he will stay
Report The Dragon May 23, 2013 6:23 PM BST
good luck to us then insanity
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 6:26 PM BST
Portuguese journalist says Pereira has an offer from Everton and Porto and has been given until Monday to decide his future. 

Coincidence Martinez needs more time? lol  Guesswork but Pereira first choice, Martinez probably second.
Report kavvie May 23, 2013 7:19 PM BST
laudrup
Report Kriskin May 23, 2013 8:10 PM BST
Martinez gets a decent tesam relegated and people want to back him for the Everton job.  Cannot see him being offered the Everton job.
Report The Dragon May 23, 2013 8:13 PM BST
yes lay for me
Report temple May 23, 2013 9:03 PM BST
He aint getting better than Everton in the UK, top 5 don't want him, knocked back Liverpool last year. Will get a chairman who'll give him similar backing to Wigan, it's a case of do Everton want him?
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 9:22 PM BST
Porto president says not sure if Pereira will continue or not.  Decision to come soon. 

In line with what's being reported that Pereira has until Monday to make a decision.  Bewildered he trades at over 4's, job appears his to turn down.  The fact he hasn't immediately accepted Porto's extension makes me think he's more likely to leave.
Report j0e_ May 23, 2013 9:40 PM BST
Arry been backed today.
Report gwladys street May 23, 2013 9:52 PM BST
FC Porto ‏@FCPORTO_1893 1m
Noticias | Si Vítor Pereira llega a salir del FC Porto, es casi un hecho que ira al Everton.

translates as If Vitor Pereira comes out of FC Porto, it almost certainly will go to Everton
Report henok May 23, 2013 10:30 PM BST
he will stay in wigan.
Report lurka May 23, 2013 10:39 PM BST
he should take any PL job he can get, could be his last chance if he stays doesn't do well next year
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby May 23, 2013 11:13 PM BST
Martinez gets a decent tesam relegated and people want to back him for the Everton job

Spot on. People talk about the "Great football"......walofs. Yes their defensive displays have been thoroughly entertaining Laugh. As for their attacking displays. Average and completely outclassed when compared to a team like Swansea who genuinely have been magnificent
Report Horangi. May 23, 2013 11:25 PM BST
Swansea are crap.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com