Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA
30 Mar 13 23:02
| Topic/replies: 325 | Blogger: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA's blog
Got a lot of stick off people when he sacked Adkins ,but in hindsight it is proving to be a master stroke .Southampton are a team on the rise and its only going to get better.
Pause Switch to Standard View Nicola Cortese
Show More
Report tobermory March 30, 2013 10:03 PM GMT
they were getting good results under Adkins
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 30, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
they have some very good players.
Report berto77 March 30, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
Pocettino has taken 12 points from 9 games.  Adkins took 10 in his last nine.  They've had two cracking recent results but its hardly a massive upturn in form.  Judge the decision at the end of next season.
Report tobermory March 30, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
Espanyol sacking Pochetinno was certainly a masterstroke
Report PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA March 30, 2013 10:18 PM GMT
Adkins tactics where shocking at times,dropping lambert etc,We have improved ten fold under the new manager
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 31, 2013 12:24 PM BST
i agree with you CHINA, a point made by alan shearer on motd also, anyone can see the change in the teams play, the slicker passing, the

urgency now in reclaiming the ball, the more attacking play.  ok it isnt nice to see any manager sacked, but in this case it has been a

good thing.
Report SrgSlaughter March 31, 2013 12:26 PM BST
unbelievable masterstroke.. I'm still stunned that the new coach is working wonders... I remember he was doing a good job at espanyol till this season... but seriously to get sacked and come to the toughest league in the world and make a mark in this manner is simply excellent. Saints have some very good players no doubt but they just didn't have this under adkins although they did have good results under him too. Seriously hats off to potenchino to bounce back in this manner.
Report Captain Christy March 31, 2013 12:52 PM BST
they beat a crapp Liverpool side and Chelsea reserves, hardly earth shattering.
Report SrgSlaughter March 31, 2013 12:54 PM BST
They gave the premier league champions a good hiding as well as far as my memory serves me
Report Rasiak9 March 31, 2013 1:52 PM BST
Beat "Chelsea Reserves" Laugh

A team composed entirely of internationals. Come on. Tell us all how it was a fluke...like the Liverpool game...and the City game.

We'll finish around mid-table. Pochettino's a shrewd manager, and a tougher bastard too. Apparently he really fired a volley at the team when we conceded at the end of the first half against Liverpool despite being 2-1 up (based on the fact that we conceded with 10 players in our own half) Adkins would have just been all happy-clappy and we'd have probably managed to eff it up.

I think we've made the right decision. Plus I think some of the players weren't happy under Adkins. Rodriguez certainly has been like a new player under Pochettino.

Adkins sacking was harsh but Cortese has been vindicated once again. Ruthless but successful businessman.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com