Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Eboue
05 Mar 13 19:58
| Topic/replies: 26,470 | Blogger: Mr Eboue's blog
FERGUSON HAS EVERY RIGHT TO GO INTO FULL BLOWN SEETHE MODE THERE.
Pause Switch to Standard View THAT IS A SCANDELOUS DECISION
Show More
Report Emden March 5, 2013 9:34 PM GMT
Nani nearly took the guys spleen out.

It's all about spatial awareness innit?
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:34 PM GMT
Robbed. Anyone with a decency of common sense and an understanding of the game doesn't even have to get in a discussion about it. pathetic.
Report Captain Christy March 5, 2013 9:35 PM GMT
Do try to write properly jammy I know you are a scotch and english is not your native language.
Report JamDav1982 March 5, 2013 9:35 PM GMT

Mar 5, 2013 -- 3:35PM, Captain Christy wrote:

Do try to write properly jammy I know you are a scotch and english is not your native language.

Nice one, very clever.

Made a bit of a fool of yourself there didnt you?

Report Captain Christy March 5, 2013 9:37 PM GMT
well when you say it was 'a poor decision' obviously you mean on Nani's part, fack me I know you are a scotch but surely even you can see that?
Report JamDav1982 March 5, 2013 9:38 PM GMT

Mar 5, 2013 -- 3:37PM, Captain Christy wrote:

well when you say it was 'a poor decision' obviously you mean on Nani's part, fack me I know you are a scotch but surely even you can see that?

Haha wow.

No I said it was a poor decision on the refs part you weasel.

Report the dza March 5, 2013 9:38 PM GMT
Only a yellow card imo. Red is ridiculous.
Report the dza March 5, 2013 9:39 PM GMT
Jam, I think Captain might just be trying to wind you up here! Crazy
Report Captain Christy March 5, 2013 9:39 PM GMT
I hope you have learned your lesson jammy, try to make yourself clear.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby March 5, 2013 9:39 PM GMT
Drop kicked an opponent. deserved red
Report JamDav1982 March 5, 2013 9:40 PM GMT

Mar 5, 2013 -- 3:39PM, the dza wrote:

Jam, I think Captain might just be trying to wind you up here!

Possibly but I like the cut if his jib anyway.

Report rothko March 5, 2013 9:41 PM GMT
sometimes you get them some times you dont
Chelsea were able to overcome a red card against Barca Utd fell to pieces for 15 minutes
Report Fela Kuti March 5, 2013 9:41 PM GMT
Could have been yellow but red wasn't harsh imo. High foot, studs showing, can't complain.
Report jermaine defonebox March 5, 2013 9:42 PM GMT
Reckon nani rolling around for minutes making out he was injured p issed  off the ref so he sent him off
Report Clouseau March 5, 2013 9:43 PM GMT
haven't had a bet on the game so no pocket talk here.

I often try to look at things from the referee's point of view and am very happy to defend them when they are, imho, unfairly castigated  when a team of highly skilled professional footballers, and their similarly remunerated manager, seek to dodge the blame for their own inadequacies by trying to claim that the only reason they didn't get the right result was because of one debatable decision.

However, on this occasion I was surprised when the commentators suggested that the ref was going to yellow card Nani because I thought that would have been harsh.

That he sent him off was f3cking criminal.

However i am sure that Man Utd. will fins consolation in the fact that the decision has every chance of being rescinded on appeal! Devil
Report elise March 5, 2013 9:45 PM GMT
kicks out again after contact for me he's off
Report in hell March 5, 2013 9:46 PM GMT
Roy Keane , says Red card .
Report Smiley March 5, 2013 9:46 PM GMT
Not often i agree with Roy Keane...deffo a red.
Report rothko March 5, 2013 9:46 PM GMT
Roy Keane thinks it was a red
Report BillyBunnsLane March 5, 2013 9:47 PM GMT
Must admit,at full speed it did look bad...
Report Kriskin March 5, 2013 9:47 PM GMT
It wss a Red CARD.  Roy Keane is 100% correct.  It looked like a Kung Fu kick.  Foot was raised and studs shown.  Referee had NO option. End of story
Report JustaThought March 5, 2013 9:47 PM GMT
...red all day long...they won't be appealing that's for sure.
Report nicky27 March 5, 2013 9:47 PM GMT
wtf ? so now players aren't allowed to raise their feet above waist height to control the ball ?? had his eye on the ball all the way , no intention behind that for me ...bad decision
Report elise March 5, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
fck me roys just stuck the boot in on nani
Report I_McHunt_Pro-Punter March 5, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
CORRECT DECISION, WHAT ARE MOST PEOPLE WHINGING ABOUT ?

REGARDLESS IF NANI DIDN'T KNOW THE PLAYER WAS THERE ITS DANGEROUS PLAY, FULL STOP!
Report clacherholiday2 March 5, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
well said roy on all accounts, baconface seethng doesnt count for sh1t in europe.

nani isnt famed for his intelligence
Report Tiger Tiger March 5, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
Sending off was the correct decision.
Report Smiley March 5, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh

Roy Keane shutting up Chiles...and who's gonna argue with him?
Report rothko March 5, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
as roy said dangerous play red card doesnt matter about intent - totally agree
Report Wallflower March 5, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
I think its the little flick he gives at the end is what the referee sent him off for. Correct decision imo
Report Kriskin March 5, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
nicky - no intention comes in to it.  It was a wreckless challenge.  His foot was rasied as high as the players chest
Report in hell March 5, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
Doesn't need intent .

Was it Dangerous play .... yes = Red Card
Report Smiley March 5, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
Deffo put in a second kick at the end too.

No doubt whatsoever.
Report elise March 5, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
if all commentators/pundits in sport gave opinions like that, right or wrong it would be so much more watchable

fair play to keane, not a fence insight
Report moisok March 5, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
so is an over head kick  - dangerous
actually - walking on to the football pitch is

enjoy your new soccerball non- contact sport

I hate the fkn game but it does bring in some nice money  thankyou
Report Kriskin March 5, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
At real time speed it looked an AWFUL challenge
Report nicky27 March 5, 2013 9:51 PM GMT
yeah , the petulant flick didn't help his cause ...might have got away with a yellow without that
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:51 PM GMT

Mar 5, 2013 -- 3:49PM, rothko wrote:

as roy said dangerous play red card doesnt matter about intent - totally agree

So should a player never bring their boot up to catch a pass? Should a player stop running in case they trip over and smack the player round their face? The letter of the law should be taken with COMMON SENSE like the law of england (yes, I'm studying Sports Law). A bit of discretion is used to read the law, ffs.

Report moisok March 5, 2013 9:51 PM GMT
chiles or whatever his name is absolutely seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeething  ha ha
Report Ouspenski March 5, 2013 9:51 PM GMT
For all the clueless mugs (southgate and Dixon included), there doesn't have to be any intent. Got it? Understand? Not hard to understand is it?
Report Bishy March 5, 2013 9:52 PM GMT
Dangerous play. Red card. Correct decision imo
Report Dr Gonzo March 5, 2013 9:52 PM GMT
Went up with his foot to control the ball, couldn't have seen the player right until the last second when he couldn't have done anything about it.

Anyone who reckons that was a deserved red would be absolutely seething if it was given against their team.
Report Smiley March 5, 2013 9:52 PM GMT
Fergie won't agree though...
Report Kriskin March 5, 2013 9:52 PM GMT
moisok - ur talking nonsense in regards to over head kick.  U cannot compare that incident tonite with an over head attempt
Report elise March 5, 2013 9:52 PM GMT
waiting for the fergie interview now
Report rothko March 5, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
the referee gave himself plenty of time to think about it

dangerous play red card end off - might have been harsh but somnetimes you get them sometimes y7ou dont
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
a person with common sense wouldn't agree, Smiley
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
lot of e-warriors coming out the woodwork over this issue, they'd keep quiet down the pub though... :)
Report gman500 March 5, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
common sense needed. R0Y kean is a cunet
Report Kriskin March 5, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
Dr Gonzo - ur missing the point.  It has NOTHING to do with not seeing the player.  It does NOT come into the equation
Report moisok March 5, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
yes you can because it is dangerous in a penalty area - saw it the other day!!!
Report Ouspenski March 5, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
Unbelievable how dense some you lot are.....even sports law students ! Grin
Report eyeball March 5, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
lucky he didn't volley the ball at arbeloa , could have killed him
Report Glossy March 5, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
Definite red. Earn the rules.
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:54 PM GMT

Mar 5, 2013 -- 3:53PM, Kriskin wrote:

Dr Gonzo - ur missing the point.

Report Smiley March 5, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
Fergie better have a quick drink to lubricate himself, or i fear his nose may well drop of with all the seething to come in the interview.
lol
Report moisok March 5, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
kicking the ball is dangerous too - fkn pu$$ies  ha ha  soccer ball the new contactless sport
The law should be read in the spirit that it was made, that LAW counts for the Law of England, and it's no different with Sports Law. End of the
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:55 PM GMT
a player may slip running and what if their arm uncontrollably falls into the players jaw, punching him? red? NO.
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:55 PM GMT
but this was even worse, Nani didn't even see him coming. oh well, e-warriors gonna e-warrior
Report Dr Gonzo March 5, 2013 9:56 PM GMT

Dr Gonzo - ur missing the point.  It has NOTHING to do with not seeing the player.  It does NOT come into the equation

If you take that to its conclusion, no player on the pitch can raise their foot, just in case they happen to make contact with an opponent.

There was an incident in the first half with two players going for the ball, with the Madrid player catching a United player in the thigh. No red card there, rightly so.
Report moisok March 5, 2013 9:56 PM GMT
do you think the ref might get a bottle of red from  fergison

keane  -'the premiership is not as good as it was a few years ago' - big headed cnt   - he means when he was playing ha ha
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:58 PM GMT
I'd like someone to calmly rebut Dr Gonzo's point, because as said the law should be read in the spirit which it was made in. as said, players bring their studs up regularly to get the ball, as long as they have cause to believe they aren't endangering anybody else, a red should not happen. the ITV pundits are laughable, Mr Keane should just throw his head in the sand deeper already
Report G1_Jockey_4 March 5, 2013 9:58 PM GMT
Went up with his foot to control the ball, couldn't have seen the player right until the last second when he couldn't have done anything about it.

you missed the engangering the safety of others.
if he had to go with his foot up he should have made sure no one was about.
most players would have tried to flick that on with their head.

no intent but it was a very dangerous challenge.
had arbe gone in with his head...........
Report nicky27 March 5, 2013 9:59 PM GMT
if arbeloa wasn't there is it still a red card ?? joke decision for me , agree with flying wallet and the general farcical nature of that red card , whatever next ? can't raise ur boots above waist height ?
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:59 PM GMT
Jockey, he wouldn't have time to look, did you see how fast the ball was coming? It wouldn't even occur to him in a second that some retard is running straight into his stud..
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 9:59 PM GMT
Madrid generally as a team disgust me though, but that's for another thread
Report jon b March 5, 2013 9:59 PM GMT
duncan idaho 05 Mar 13 21:30 Joined: 08 Mar 03 | Topic/replies: 13,333 | Blogger: duncan idaho's blog
think jon b needs the netball forum

well after Roy k says its red ,then thats it case closed duncan ,no netball for me just yet
Report PaulK March 5, 2013 10:01 PM GMT
How ironic that in rugby, a contact sport, the Real player would be in trouble for taking the guy going for the ball out in mid-air - and he could see what he was doing as well. But I don't really like Man U, so good call by the ref!
Report doantwin2easy March 5, 2013 10:01 PM GMT
if you accept that there is discretion in these decisions (and there always is - how many times do you see identical tackles with different outcomes)....

the reason this was red is that Nani's boot gets caught in the victims arm, after having made contact.

The ref interpreted this as a deliberate follow through as the leg lingered on the body.

Conclusion: bad decision
Report jon b March 5, 2013 10:02 PM GMT
more interesting that wont be mentioned at all was the Madrid disallowed goal in the first half , Scandelous decision or not ??
Report FlyingWallet March 5, 2013 10:03 PM GMT
no chance in the heat of the moment and the speed at which it all happened can that be seen as a 'lingering' on the body
Report MullahOmar March 5, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
So many clueless on here and studio.

1) He knew there was some there otherwise he would have let it bounce and ran onto it in the clear!

2) That challenge happens on parks up and down the country at least 4000 times every weekend, I would be shocked if more than 2 resulted in a sending off.

It was a yellow. The ref and Keane are just weirdos who want attention for themselves doing and saying odd things.
Report macca18 March 5, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
Roy Keane was spot on. Correct decision. Intent doesnt come into it.
Report Captain Scarlett March 5, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
Excited
Report hunt3r March 5, 2013 10:05 PM GMT
Retired referee Dermot Gallagher on BBC Radio 5 live: "[The decision was] harsh to say the least but in fairness the Real player did Nani no favours whatsoever. At worst Nani catches the underside of his arm, certainly not the ribs as the guy has gone down and shown.

"I can't reiterate enough that he [Nani] is watching the ball over his shoulder, there was no malice in him. At worst it was a yellow for dangerous play, but if I was refereeing that game I cannot se what stretch of the imagination where I would have sent him off for that."
Report This is for BIG Players only March 5, 2013 10:05 PM GMT
How many fans would truthfully say, being one of their own players, it was a sending off?
Report doantwin2easy March 5, 2013 10:06 PM GMT
flying, of course there is.

even half a second longer makes a difference. looks like intent because the leg is not coming away
Report G1_Jockey_4 March 5, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
ignore english refs.
poll thought it was ok for tim cahill to strangle alonso when trying to win the ball.
Report the dza March 5, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
Dermot Gallagher, former ref, or Roy Keane, current psychopath; I agree with the former Ref on this one.

"Oh but didn't you hear Chiles..."

Shh.

Ref.
Report berto77 March 5, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
Cundy - "you cannot blame a referee for your team going out" Laugh

Chelsea v Barca anyone?
Report rothko March 5, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
you can analyse every red card tackle and talk about intent - dangerous play end off
might have seemed harsh but thats the way it goes
doesnt excuse utd going to pieces for 15 mins
Report Dr Gonzo March 5, 2013 10:09 PM GMT

How many fans would truthfully say, being one of their own players, it was a sending off?

None.
Report powerfan March 5, 2013 10:10 PM GMT
The referee is the one who decides if it is a red or not.

Today, he decided that was a red card. As you lot can see from this thread, opinions are divided. It's all about your own interpretation and the ref shouldn't be blamed for his.

If i was a Man Utd fan i wouldn't complain as there is nothing to complain about. Studs up, collected him in the chest.......if the ref sends your bloke off you don't really have a case to argue.

Just for the record, I would have given an automatic yellow.
Report berto77 March 5, 2013 10:10 PM GMT

Mar 5, 2013 -- 4:08PM, rothko wrote:

you can analyse every red card tackle and talk about intent - dangerous play end offmight have seemed harsh but thats the way it goesdoesnt excuse utd going to pieces for 15 mins

Good point.  Panic stations.

Report Injera March 5, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
Keane has an agenda. Always seeking controversy which = employment.

These players have incredible physiques. There's no way that boot to the torso is dangerous. It wouldn't have hurt. The Real player could have bounced back to his feet but chose to milk it.

The ref was dogmatic, showed no common sense and gave red. Barely a yellow.
Report lurka March 5, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
nani was unlucky but don't really think he can complain too much. but another decision similar to RVP in the Nou Camp a few years ago has ruined a contest everyone wanted to watch. You would think UEFA would have a word. Always seems to be strange decisions against English clubs at this stage of the tournament. Chelsea were fleeced against barca too.
Report doantwin2easy March 5, 2013 10:14 PM GMT
wasn't just the red card either. United started to sit back as soon as they scored.

presume that was the drill against the counter-attackers but always dangerous.
Report joos March 5, 2013 10:21 PM GMT
Would the Man Utd fans have wanted  the red card if Nani had been on the receiving end of this challenge.I am sure that they would have.
Report Shrewd_dude March 5, 2013 10:22 PM GMT
Every clash of the heads in a football game could be considered as dangerous and potentially causing serious damage. If your using the arguement that their intent doesn't matter then the next time two players go in head first and heads clash then both would have to be sent off.
Report JamDav1982 March 5, 2013 10:23 PM GMT
For all those complaining about the decision and that English teams are hard done by do you just choose to forget the goal that was wrongly chopped of for Real in the first half?
Report tictacman1 March 5, 2013 10:26 PM GMT
Forty-five minutes after the final whistle and there has still been no word from Manchester United in the wake of their exit. There might be something explosive brewing. Some expectant journalists are crowded around the top table at the post-match press conference.

It is Mike Phelan who will face the press for Manchester United. He says that he has just left behind "a distraught dressing room" and a "distraught manager" and that is why he is on media duties.

Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan: "The manager is not in a state to talk to the referee about the decision. I think it speaks volumes I am here speaking now and not the manager of this fantastic football club. The decision seemed very harsh, possibly incredible at that moment in the game."

Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan: "We felt we had the tactics right, we were comfortable at 0-0 in the first half. We came out and scored a goal which put us in a commanding position. After that we were in reasonable control and created a couple of chances, but then the game totally changed. The decision as amazing but we had to carry on. Playing Madrid with 10 men is very difficult and we feel disappointed we needed with 10 men."
Report joos March 5, 2013 10:52 PM GMT
Diddums
Report spyker March 5, 2013 11:28 PM GMT

If suarez does it to nani at OT and gets sent off how many utd fans would be saying 'correct decision'?
Report heezagoodoperator March 5, 2013 11:42 PM GMT
Correct decision my a$$e. A top referee should make a decision in the correct context. This was both teams biggest game of the season and the scum that produced a red card showed contempt for the sport in general. There was absolutely no malice involved. The ref knew that a red card would ruin what was billed as one of the top matches of the calendar year. This was not even a yellow. The loss of even one player at this level bascially decides the outcome of the match. The referee in question should be investigated by UEFA. It amazing me how many people can applaud that decision. I can only think they are pocket talkers or despise everything about Manchester Utd.
Report themover March 5, 2013 11:43 PM GMT
Report themover March 5, 2013 11:45 PM GMT
Balotelli sending off v Kiev (same ref) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUc48x8Skx8
Report JOCI Club March 5, 2013 11:50 PM GMT
A sending off if Huth or Shawcross did it, so also a sending off when Nani did it.
Report ;[p March 5, 2013 11:51 PM GMT
huth and shawcross should be sent of even if they didnt
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com