Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
13 Jan 13 19:16
| Topic/replies: 17,158 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
lost all respect for the man, said well its the same for a concert you know the price of ticket then you decide yes or no, arse football supportesr try and go every week not to a concert twice a year.
Pause Switch to Standard View arse wenger comments re ticket prices
Show More
Report Captain Christy January 13, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
I'm surprised he didn't say the ballet is the same as watching Assnall fairies.
Report themover January 13, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
until people stop going prices will keep rising. Looking at the size of the home support today for Arsenal that doesn't look like it's going to happen any day soon.
Report seanjames January 13, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
he comes from the country whos leader once said let them eat cake
Report sofiakenny January 13, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
LaughCool
Report Bergkamp93 January 13, 2013 10:10 PM GMT

Jan 13, 2013 -- 4:08PM, seanjames wrote:

he comes from the country whos leader once said let them eat cake

Laugh

Report kellydamo January 13, 2013 11:06 PM GMT
Not sure what I will be doing with my season ticket at the end of this year, takes the piss.  With the £20 million they will get next season from the new TV rights, they can afford to knock £30 of each ticket next season and still make the same profit as this year
Report JOCI Club January 13, 2013 11:12 PM GMT
Was there an outbreak of dengue fever at the ground with about 15 mins to go, given the speed with which the Arsenal fans legged it from the Library?
Report pumphol. January 13, 2013 11:22 PM GMT
If 20 years ago you were told top division clubs were going to be given tens of millions by a television company to show their matches & then asked what you thought the price of a ticket for the match was going to be your first thought would be a derisory amount as the club was now subsidised by other means other  than attendance.
While we continue to be " the best league in the world " &  attract all the worlds mercenaries the tens of millions will never be enough so while they think they can continue to get gates of around 95% capacity the supporter will continue to get squeezed, it would be nice to think that one day the balloon will burst & people will say enough is enough but I think  sadly we  are still  some way off that.
Report Charlton2005 January 13, 2013 11:47 PM GMT
it would be nice to think that one day the balloon will burst & people will say enough is enough

The PL is an icon like Sherlock Holmes and James Bond. It is not going to become unknown/unpopular for at least 100 years.
Report Marxist-Leninist January 14, 2013 12:08 AM GMT
Anyone paying £62 for a ticket when the game is televised on a Sunday afternoon deserves to be ripped off. I'm only paying a tenner for the Wednesday replay this week.
Report JUDGE JUDY January 14, 2013 8:42 AM GMT
I am embarrassed by my club charging away fans £62 for a ticket in the corner

I pay slightly less than that for the 6th row in the upper tier near the half way line

Its an absolute disgrace and just ripping off fans

At highbury I felt part of my club. The club looked after the fans

At the Emirates I am just a number paying crazy amounts to watch football

My time of going is fast coming to an end
Report JUDGE JUDY January 14, 2013 9:08 AM GMT
@BBCSport: WATCH: Assistant referee John Brooks tell #MCFC players to thank the fans who paid £62 to watch them beat Arsenal: http://t.co/JqfcGpgm #AFC
Report brngtwt January 14, 2013 10:20 AM GMT
Thats a good point Judge Judy, the view from the away end at the emirates is terrible.
villa Park is the same, they stick you by the corner flag in the dearest part of the ground.
Report themover January 14, 2013 10:33 AM GMT
someone has to pay for Wengers £130k a week. I could have won as many trophies as him in the last 7 years at Arsenal Laugh
Report Barzalona January 14, 2013 10:37 AM GMT
Chelsea charged City fans £60 a ticket just 3 months ago... for that pigsty... but nothing in the press?

shows what being a high profile club can do.
Report pumphol. January 14, 2013 10:47 AM GMT
Have Arsenal not got  some sort of salary cap ?
Do Arsenal not get 60,000 for a home game ?
As much as I dislike Chelsea they have no salary cap & get nowhere near 60,000
So as bad as Chelsea charging £60 is way to much imo, what Arsenal are charging is a total disgrace.
Report Don No1 January 14, 2013 10:54 AM GMT
Why exactly is it a disgrace? Home fans paying that have the right to feel slightly aggrieved paying that given the lack of investment in the team but City fans given the farce of their club?  The demand is still there at the current prices, just because City's poor fans refuse to pay it doesn't mean any other top tier clubs will
Report themover January 14, 2013 10:57 AM GMT
Arsenal and it's supporters seething with rage that City are now out competing them in every department of the game (except ticket prices Laugh). Having been a City supporter for nearly 40 years and watched the likes of Arsenal and United out-spend, out-pay, and outbid other clubs in England long live the reign of MCFC and CFC imo Laugh
Report blöder Wichser January 14, 2013 11:01 AM GMT
the premier league is built on sand, dodgy foreign owners taking money out of clubs, average players on outrageous contracts, clubs spending up to 70% of turnover on wages, clubs somehow running at a loss despite the colossal TV money...BUT while there are still enough grown men willing to overpay to watch football because its their life things will still go on as they are.
Report sweetchildofmine January 14, 2013 11:24 AM GMT
reason my away days are limited now is i refuse to pay more than 30 quid for a ticket (and thats too much) with the exception of cup semis or a final
Report RMB © January 14, 2013 11:35 AM GMT
Simple economics. It's supply and demand. Arsenals fan base is huge, and being in Islington it's largely affluent. The shame is the price is bringing in affluent and predominately dull supporters so the stadium is pretty dull. Compared to German clubs with cheap tickets and the stadium is rocking with the working class who let their hair down. Emirates is full of brockers and people worried about status symbols as they all sip on their frappe from Starbucks.
Report themover January 14, 2013 12:07 PM GMT
Used to go to Highbury many years ago with Martin Keown who lived not far from me at the time. In those days they had world class players, like Bergkamp for example. Now that Arsenal are getting out-muscled in the financial market they go running off to FIFA asking for fair play. Won't get any sympathy from me. Doing their club no favours in my opinion...what world-class player would want to go to Arsenal, a club that wants to pay players less?!!!!!!
Report Barzalona January 14, 2013 1:39 PM GMT
pumphol - arsenal do not have a salary cap, urban myth.
Report Biscuit1979 January 14, 2013 1:44 PM GMT
If the FFP ruling can't be properly enforced and clubs like City, Anzhi, PSG etc find ways round it, then Arsenal are going to struggle. They've spent the last couple of years banging on about "wait until the FFP is brought in, then we can compete"
Report MikeEnfield January 14, 2013 2:00 PM GMT
The Fiddler is on £7M plus extras, at weekend he was teasing the mugs by saying Fabregas would be back. I am amazed that the Gooners havent sussed what Arsene is all about.
Report pumphol. January 14, 2013 2:12 PM GMT
Apologies if Arsenal do not have a salary cap, though my point is as far as I know no player at Arsenal earns 100k at the mo, I think six at Chelsea earn more than £100k the highest being 180k
Report Barzalona January 14, 2013 2:14 PM GMT
Arsenal wage bill is 4th highest behund city, chels, united.

They might not pay top buck at the high end of the spectrum but this is negated by paying those middle level players more.
Report overs and unders January 14, 2013 2:57 PM GMT
What are people moaning about? City charged Arsenal fans £56 a ticket at their ground.
Report Biscuit1979 January 14, 2013 3:25 PM GMT
Dortmund fans had a protest and staged a walk out of a game at Hamburg not that long ago because they were charged €40 (about £32).
Report Barzalona January 14, 2013 3:27 PM GMT
Best fans I have ever seen at the Emirates... the dortmund lot.

Absoulte nutters, all there moves are totally synchronoised and they sing like mad men for the full 90.
Report themover January 14, 2013 3:36 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2013 -- 8:57AM, overs and unders wrote:

What are people moaning about? City charged Arsenal fans £56 a ticket at their ground.

a casing point then...you can pay £56 and watch the league Champions or pay £62 and watch a club that hasn't won anything since the trial of Saddam Hussein Laugh

Report Solano1 January 14, 2013 3:39 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2013 -- 5:24AM, sweetchildofmine wrote:

reason my away days are limited now is i refuse to pay more than 30 quid for a ticket (and thats too much) with the exception of cup semis or a final

Crazy

Report sweetchildofmine January 14, 2013 3:45 PM GMT
decision i made years ago sol...it limits me and i can afford it but thats my little, probably futile stand
Report sweetchildofmine January 14, 2013 3:46 PM GMT
same for home games, if the season tickets ever go above 500, thats it
Report JUDGE JUDY January 14, 2013 3:49 PM GMT
who is your team sweety?
Report sweetchildofmine January 14, 2013 3:51 PM GMT
sunderland...home tickets are 23-25 quid and my season ticket is 400
Report JUDGE JUDY January 14, 2013 3:52 PM GMT
wished i supported sunderland

arse are £1360 but that incl 6 or 7 cup games but not league cup games

so about £55 per game

a joke

and thats for very good tickets
Report sweetchildofmine January 14, 2013 3:53 PM GMT
in the seventies a cinema ticket cost the same as a match ticket...now its about 6-8 quid for the cinema
Report sweetchildofmine January 14, 2013 3:54 PM GMT
wished i supported sunderland

arse are £1360 but that incl 6 or 7 cup games but not league cup games

so about £55 per game

a joke

and thats for very good tickets

lol no you dont, but i agree with you its a joke
Report JUDGE JUDY January 14, 2013 3:57 PM GMT
no as i pressed send i realised i had made a big error in saying that
Report Java January 14, 2013 4:07 PM GMT
It really is painfully simple.  It's called supply and demand you see.  If you mugs stop paying the prices then the prices will come down.  If you are not willing to do that then belt up and let the absurdly over-rated Theo Walcott roll around in your wages.

Sky won't pay premium prices if the stadiums are half empty with no atmosphere.
Report pumphol. January 14, 2013 7:30 PM GMT
Sky started all this  so they would pay anything imo
Stadiums could be empty they would still pay top whack for the contract & the clubs will continue to pay over the top wages &  so will continue charging  the earth for tickets.
Report Clouseau January 14, 2013 8:56 PM GMT
One day, in the not too distant future, the penny will drop that the crowd at a premier league game provides the atmosphere that makes the spectacle worth televising in the first place.

No-one would particularly want to watch a match, no matter who it is between, if there was no crowd in the ground. Imagine watching Brazil vs. Spain World Cup Final 2014, for example, if that was played behind closed doors!

The crowd perform an essential part and are like extras in a blockbuster movie. Mel Gibson would have looked a right t4rt if he had been chasing down the hill in his kilt on his own without the multitudinous rabble following him down there.

The Premier League might realise one day that without the crowd in the ground they don't have a product to hawk around for multi-gazillions of pounds.
Report EdwardWoowardWould January 14, 2013 9:00 PM GMT
Pure scum of a man

Take 7 million while the fans get fuuuked and the club whines on about financial fair play

Truely the most vile cretin in the Prem and a pile of sh111t as a manager
Report overs and unders January 14, 2013 9:02 PM GMT
themover 14 Jan 13 15:36 

Jan 14, 2013 -- 2:57PM, overs and unders wrote:

a casing point then...you can pay £56 and watch the league Champions or pay £62 and watch a club that hasn't won anything since the trial of Saddam Hussein Laugh

Surely it's the same two teams.
Report themover January 14, 2013 9:12 PM GMT
yes, you can watch the same two teams in Manchester for £56 or £62 at Arsenal Silly
Report Captain Christy January 14, 2013 9:26 PM GMT
Stoke City are putting forward a proposal to pay the coach journey to away games for fans, maybe the tide is turning, albeit at a real club.
Report FredRescue January 14, 2013 10:25 PM GMT
Captain Christy
Date Joined: 08 Mar 03
Add contact | Send message
14 Jan 13 21:26
| Topic/replies: 5,618 | Blogger: Captain Christy's blog
Stoke City are putting forward a proposal to pay the coach journey to away games for fans, maybe the tide is turning, albeit at a real club.

Council funding this I heard, in hope chavs will go and rob in another city imo
Report pumphol. January 14, 2013 10:33 PM GMT
Says fred while chewing on his prawn sandwich
Report charwell. January 15, 2013 2:02 AM GMT
Quite frankly £62 epitomises all that's wrong with the modern game. I remember being at Highbury years ago in the clock end when Mcmananan scored a peach of a volley to land the spoils. Really good atmosphere & reasonably priced ticket. Now the atmosphere @ most clubs & games (Anfield included)is like week old lemonade.

I wouldn't pay £62 even if I was a millionaire as it's taking the p1ss. Fat cat players who couldn't give a toss half of em; and if they all were paid 10% less (& still earning megabucks) then prices for tickets would be about £15 cheaper.

Time fans took a stand and boycotted games (non season tciket holders).
Report blöder Wichser January 15, 2013 2:27 AM GMT
Did the £62 entrance fee come with some sort of hand/toe job? It better have have had.
Report Smiley January 15, 2013 9:56 AM GMT
Arsenal have 3 categories for prices. When City were useless the tickets would have been cheaper.

The thing is that the £62 is the price of success City fans have to pay for.
Report HHG January 15, 2013 12:04 PM GMT
Agree that football is too expensive but whilst everyone is throwing poo at Arsenal can I point out that every club is as guilty - Arsenal charged WBA fans £25 for their seats and they in return charged us £39...go figure. Chelsea charge £60 to sit in smaller seats with a terrible view.

5 teams have to pay £62....Spurs/Man U/Chels/Man C/Liv
6 teams pay £25.50 WBA/Swans/Sunderland/Southampton/Norwich/Wigan

it is simple supply (fixed) and demand.

The fairest way would be to have an agreement where clubs charge the same for each others supporters. In the Arsenal/Man C match that would be £59 (stupidly expensive) In the Arsenal/West Brom game it would be £32.

Actually the fairest way would be to give every away team up to 10% of capacity and they can decide how much to charge and take the revenue....but the big clubs won't want this as they will lose out.
Report Solano1 January 15, 2013 9:50 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2013 -- 5:24AM, sweetchildofmine wrote:

Stick another 30 notes in the top drawer scom. Cool

Report brngtwt January 15, 2013 9:56 PM GMT
hhg can't belive west brom was 25 quid, I am a wolves fan and paid 50 odd quid last year.
surely a similar category game, although the wolves game was boxing day.
Report Coachbuster January 15, 2013 10:58 PM GMT
support your local non league side .

Arsenal,Spurs,Man Utd etc can look after themselves
Report HHG January 17, 2013 1:03 PM GMT
brngtwt
15 Jan 13 21:56

They changed the pricing this year - at the same time as they increased the prices for the likes of Man C they reduced the prices for the cat C so WBA plus another 5 teams have benefitted by having access to £25.50 tickets. Although the press seem reluctant to report this (£25.50 tickets at a London club don't make as good a headline as £62 ticket SCANDEL)

It all depends on the size of the away support and the quality of the opposition - this will drive demand. Arsenal fans get charged the same so those 'poor' Man City fans who paid £62 everyone feels sorry for - however it should be us poor Arsenal fans that paid £62 to watch our team roll over yet again should be the ones that people feel sorry for!
Report Northofperth January 18, 2013 10:32 PM GMT
Here's an example of how football prices have risen through the years; in an early 70's Scottish Cup Final programme , that I read not so long ago , there was an advert for the Home Nations Championship matches that would be the next fixtures at Hampden Park . The prices for the Mount Florida end ( covered ) 40p and the Kings Park end 35p now seem like they are from another lifetime .Angry
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com