Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tiny dave
05 Jan 13 22:11
| Topic/replies: 16,242 | Blogger: tiny dave's blog
Some ex villa Stephen hunt wannabe looker is 1/5 fav for next wolves manager

Only seems appropriate to start this thread for him ready
Pause Switch to Standard View Dean Saunders out!!!
Show More
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 5, 2013 10:27 PM GMT
nice to see you td.

how about mick coming back ?
Report durose13 January 5, 2013 10:32 PM GMT
who will be willie mckay puppet at donny then?
Report tiny dave January 5, 2013 11:41 PM GMT
Don't want mick back he at his level which be midtable champ

Hell I'd take that ATM but long term far from the man
Report mecca January 6, 2013 12:50 AM GMT
Hope Morgan has got someone lined up after last years fiasco
Report mecca January 6, 2013 12:54 AM GMT
Paul Ince?
Report aaronh January 6, 2013 2:31 AM GMT
Cool
Report adge January 6, 2013 10:00 AM GMT
i see it's ten to one against dean on the wolves forum.
i just struggle to see a manager with long ball tactics which suit div one would suceed in the championship where different skills are needed.
add to that up to half a million in compensation for a novice manager of a pub team
is that really what wolves have dropped to ?
Report jermaine defonebox January 6, 2013 10:04 AM GMT
Micky mac would go back and save them even after the public humiliation
Report Clacker January 6, 2013 10:04 AM GMT
Curle, Di Matteo, ODriscoll, Ady Boothroyd even Paul Ince are all better options than Saunders. Tho given this boards record they wont listen to the fans
Report morpteh mackem January 6, 2013 10:29 AM GMT
terry connor to make a dramatic return
Report DAN1974 January 6, 2013 12:01 PM GMT
Isnt it about time Morgan and Moxey listened to the fans, they have tried to go their own route twice now and it has failed. Paul Ince should definatley get the job imo.
Report Chance January 6, 2013 1:16 PM GMT
I think its hilarious how many Wolves fans are prepared to row back on on MM and his sacking, the guy was bereft of ideas and abilities when he was sacked - frankly long past the time due.
Report Return_Of_Dawsy January 6, 2013 1:36 PM GMT
It's avram grant
Report tiny dave January 6, 2013 8:20 PM GMT
Confirmed
Report brngtwt January 6, 2013 8:51 PM GMT
Shocking decision, if only it was half the first team you could sack in one go.
let's hope Dean meets the approval of Karl and Wardy or another short stint in charge for Saunders.
Report adge January 6, 2013 9:14 PM GMT
has been getting results at rovers but not much fun to watch , certainly not very pretty to watch.
didn't want him to go but would have been happy if he went in the summer as couldn't see him as a manager in the championship.
so best of luck to wolves
Report Crisp77 January 7, 2013 12:36 AM GMT
I agree saunders must go.

He is out of his depth.
Report aaronh January 7, 2013 3:23 AM GMT

Jan 6, 2013 -- 7:16AM, Chance wrote:

I think its hilarious how many Wolves fans are prepared to row back on on MM and his sacking, the guy was bereft of ideas and abilities when he was sacked - frankly long past the time due.

correct. the farces that followed are irrelevant

Report dizzydavid1 January 7, 2013 7:04 AM GMT
Any of you Wolves fans who wanted Paul Ince obviously never saw Notts County play when he managed them in his last job. A few months of that and you'd be tearing up your season tickets in disgust. As for Aidy Boothroyd, he's the king of the ugly long ball game.
Report Captain Christy January 7, 2013 7:47 AM GMT
Why don't Betfair do manager's markets for small clubs like Wolves as well?
Report aaronh January 26, 2013 4:40 PM GMT
Confused
Report tiny dave January 26, 2013 6:37 PM GMT
we're so sh!t its very believeable
Report Captain Christy January 26, 2013 6:49 PM GMT
he isn't the brightest going by his appearances on t.v, won't last the season imo.
Report Geesyerdosh January 26, 2013 6:53 PM GMT
First training session at Donny - best in training wins a racehorse Laugh
Report aaronh February 2, 2013 5:35 PM GMT
Plain
Report aaronh February 7, 2013 11:51 AM GMT
Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Dean Saunders has been hailed for his bravery in deciding against making a signing in the January window.

The Wolves boss brought in only an 18-year-old Lee Evans whilst losing four players off the wage bill. And Chief Executive Jez Moxey says the notion of making a signing just to make a statement to supporters goes against the grain of their long-term strategy.

“They think: ‘He’s not done anything, what on earth has he been doing?’ - but just think from his perspective.

“He didn’t want to just do a knee-jerk reaction... act in haste repent at leisure - he didn’t want to do that,” Moxey said.

“He kept saying to me: “What is the point in taking him - he is not better than the player we’ve got”.

“I’d like the fans to try and understand, and I don’t think they always get it, that trying to build and find better players than you have already got is very difficult.

“It is masked by activity of clubs - some of whom are financially irresponsible. Some have just got so much money, especially in the Premier League,. that they go and buy players and our fans and other people think: ‘why can’t we find that player?’ - well, do you know what? Because we can’t afford £15million and £150,000 a week - that’s why.

“To try to find the player that you can afford that fits in with the dressing room protocols etcetera - it just is not easy.”

Saunders said he had been quoted 30 per cent higher prices in the window.

Dean Saunders
But Moxey said those figures were more figurative: “I just think sometimes we hang on to words and say it must be 100 per cent true,” he said.

“I don’t think we were worried about making a statement. I think it is doing the right business, getting the right players in - not to make a statement about making the team better. I’m not fussed about making a statement.

“What we need to do is win some football matches.

“Did we try? Yes but sometimes people don’t want to believe what we say. We tried to make signings and prices for players coming out of contract were just so ridiculous and they wanted so much money as well, that we’ve got to try not to ruin a fragile dressing room anyway.”

Moxey continued: “There was a very clearly laid out plan for January regardless of who our manager was that we wanted to reduce the size of the squad. People will say ‘cut away the dead wood’, and we wanted to reduce the squad by more than we did.

"We were not able to do that. We wanted to shift two, three, four - maybe even more players - there is a feeling at the club that too many players just doesn’t help the morale, doesn’t help their own self esteem.

"We’ve got training sessions with the manager playing with 22 players and eight are sitting on the sidelines twiddling their thumbs.”
Report Captain Christy February 7, 2013 8:07 PM GMT
Dingles going nowhere for a while then, certainly while they have that tosseur poxy moxy there.
Report aaronh February 7, 2013 11:05 PM GMT
Moxey called out the Wolves team today
Report aaronh March 1, 2013 8:49 PM GMT
Plain
Report aaronh March 1, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22
Dean Saunders has got a good record at Wolves, hasn't he. Doesn't seem to be being ridiculed in quite the same way Terry Connor was

hmmm
Report tobermory March 1, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
^
racists Whoops
Report aaronh March 1, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
yes, it's easy to tell what he's getting at sadly
Report aaronh March 1, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
I must have missed the part where we stayed up and were still relevant to the press Plain

also ask any Wolves fan and he will be getting ridiculed so...
Report JC1326 March 1, 2013 10:13 PM GMT

Mar 1, 2013 -- 4:04PM, aaronh wrote:

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22Dean Saunders has got a good record at Wolves, hasn't he. Doesn't seem to be being ridiculed in quite the same way Terry Connor washmmm

I did my balls backing Over 0.5 in the Sunderland 0-0 Wolves game when that mug was in charge. Only after half-time did I realise the d*ckhead was trying to play for a draw in a must win game. Total, clueless fool.

Report JC1326 March 1, 2013 10:14 PM GMT
Dean Saunders is Fergie next to Terry Connor.
Report JC1326 March 1, 2013 10:15 PM GMT
Still seething over that one Laugh Lost a bank it took me over six months to create.
Report JC1326 March 1, 2013 10:16 PM GMT
F8ckin' TC. Hope he's manning the drive-through at Wolverhampton McDonalds right now.
Report aaronh March 1, 2013 10:17 PM GMT
think he's with Mick at Ipswich
Report brngtwt March 1, 2013 10:35 PM GMT
“He didn’t want to just do a knee-jerk reaction... act in haste repent at leisure - he didn’t want to do that,” Moxey said.

Sacking Stale was a knee jerk reaction.
the McCarthy players betrayed him,they saw that they weren't part of his plans and started to panic if they would ever earn this kind of money again.

Just for the record Dean Saunders best pal is Kevin Thelwell, who was bought in by Wolves(as director of football) a matter of weeks before Saunders got the managers job.
in my opinion the board were hoping that the club could get back into the prem like Mick did it,on the cheap.
that has backfired spectacularly.

I have seen my team in much worse states than this in terms of league position, but never more mismanaged.
These blunders could take 20 years to get over,history is repeating but it doesn't hurt as much this time around.
Report tobermory March 1, 2013 10:38 PM GMT
what sort of wages are the Wolves players still there from last season on?
Report brngtwt March 1, 2013 10:59 PM GMT
Hard to say,but they all took pay cuts after relegation apparently.
But say Karl Henry for example , he was captain so must have been on 20k plus in the prem now maybe 15?
No one was on big money( in football terms )at Wolves, that's why we struggled.
The fans bought into that cos noone wants to do a "portsmouth"
We understood in the event of relegation that we financially able to keep our players and bounce back , like Albion have.
That didn't happen, the best players were sold.
but the wage structure was left, a bit like Arsenal, where too many squad players were earning too much money.
It was a legacy of McCarthys' scatter gun approach to signings, no doubt as a result of the clubs budget, where you have to "take a chance" lots of 3/4 mill signings hoping they come off.
Sadly for Mick not many of his signings did.
Report Mister E March 2, 2013 10:41 AM GMT
Gifted a point last night by Watford.

Saunders record makes Benitez look good; .
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 2, 2013 11:02 AM GMT
Good manager, not many people can take 2 clubs down to div 1 in one year
Report aaronh March 5, 2013 2:26 PM GMT
Steve Morgan, the chairman, has revealed that no Wolves players have clauses written into their contracts to take pay cuts should they drop out of the Championship, raising the possibility of a major squad clear out at cut-price fees.
Roger Johnson is the top earner on £25,000 a week while midfielder Jamie O'Hara earns around £1 million a year. Kevin Doyle and Stephen Hunt, the Republic of Ireland internationals, also rake in over £16,000 a week and player wages are already a substantial drain on finances, with Morgan admitting Wolves are losing £6.5 million a year.

The majority of Wolves's players had their salaries slashed by around 40 per cent following demotion from the Premier League last May, but there is no agreement in place if they crash to a second successive relegation.
Morgan said: "It’s up to us to make sure we don’t get into a tail spin. The contracts were done when we were in the Premier League. There was no question or thought about going into League One. None of the contracts take that into account."
Wolves, who have lost an estimated £30 million in revenue since dropping into the second tier, are in the bottom three and could be bottom by Tuesday night if they lose at Millwall and Bristol City defeat Brighton.

Dean Saunders, the manager, has not won in nine games since replacing Stale Solbakken in January and fans are already running out of patience with the Welshman.
Morgan has also been widely criticised for a string of calamitous decisions in the last 12 months and insisted he would walk away in a bid to appease supporters.
Report tobermory April 13, 2013 4:59 PM BST
Scared
Report mrfishfingers April 13, 2013 5:08 PM BST
Wolves going down. Donny going up.
Pleasing and good for football that no mark managers with misguided ambition get exposed.
Report tobermory April 20, 2013 11:34 PM BST
Plain
Report [x] These checkboxes suck April 21, 2013 12:13 AM BST
Getting rid of Mick is the worst decision the club ever made.
Report aaronh April 21, 2013 12:45 AM BST
^^ not having a clue what to do next and then farcical decision after farcical decision up top is why we are in this mess
Report tobermory April 27, 2013 4:55 PM BST
Cry
Report Ibrahima Sonko April 27, 2013 4:56 PM BST
who will he take down next season ?
Report aaronh April 27, 2013 4:56 PM BST
SadCryCryCryCryCryCry
Report Bergkamp93 April 27, 2013 4:58 PM BST
Brentford have a peno on the last minute haha
They have MISSEDShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
AND 1-0 NOW TO DONCASTER FROM THE BREAK AWAYLaughLaughLaugh
Report aaronh April 27, 2013 4:59 PM BST
lol

Wolves "fans" now trying to rip the goal apart pic.twitter.com/L8jnMNWjfq
Report aaronh April 27, 2013 4:59 PM BST
from talksport moose on twitter
Report tobermory April 27, 2013 5:00 PM BST
lol
Report tobermory April 27, 2013 5:06 PM BST
what will be Wolves 'Classico' next season?

Walsall ?
Report aaronh April 27, 2013 5:08 PM BST
Shrewsbury maybe
Report freddiek April 27, 2013 5:09 PM BST
u been to any games this season aaron?
Report aaronh April 27, 2013 5:09 PM BST
2 or 3
Report Ibrahima Sonko April 27, 2013 7:52 PM BST
Did they wreck the ground today ?
Report GAZO April 27, 2013 8:27 PM BST
the wolves board getting exactly what they deserve
Report Ibrahima Sonko April 27, 2013 8:47 PM BST
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wolves-fans-invade-pitch-burnley-defeat-163817879.html#ax3oTDz

shame the video cut off when the police arrived.
Report bluenose7 April 27, 2013 9:04 PM BST
HaHaaaaaaaa !!  Laugh

Bye Bye "DINGLES" !!  LaughLaugh

K`R`O  Cool
Report tiny dave April 28, 2013 7:47 AM BST
Anyone who says sacking mick is clueless

He should gone far far far earlier...

The problems are the decisions we've made after

Sacking manager after transfer window
Appointing Connor
Appoint foreign manager who tried to change culture to fast (like avb at Chelsea)
Selling 30m worth talent - yes fletch Jarvis deserved moves - why did we sell kightly and guederiou though??
Appoint dean Saunders who has no track record

Shambles after shambles by the idiots in charge of the club
Report liberator of the oppressed April 28, 2013 8:41 AM BST
A once great club in the doodle. Very very sad.
Report Crisp77 April 29, 2013 11:12 PM BST

Jan 6, 2013 -- 6:36PM, Crisp77 wrote:

I agree saunders must go.He is out of his depth.

I hate being right all the time Sad

Report JML April 29, 2013 11:26 PM BST
He should concentrated more on managing the team and spent less time collating useless stats.

He's begining to sound like Steve Keen.
Report aaronh April 29, 2013 11:30 PM BST
before the match at the weekend

"The only way we should lose is if we get a dodgy ref or get beaten by an unbelievable goal.”
Report David Icke April 30, 2013 7:56 AM BST
Owen Coyle spotted at Cannock services yesterday talking to Steve Bull.
Report Crisp77 April 30, 2013 8:18 PM BST
I bet the Krispy Kreme cabinet took a hammering
Report ocukstinky April 30, 2013 8:22 PM BST

Apr 27, 2013 -- 3:04PM, bluenose7 wrote:

HaHaaaaaaaa !!  Bye Bye "DINGLES" !!  K`R`O 

You lot are hardly in a position to talk with a bent owner who hasn't a clue what he's doing Laugh

Report AyersRock May 7, 2013 10:57 AM BST
Plain
Report Tucho May 7, 2013 9:30 PM BST
kenny jackett.... come on down
Report brngtwt May 7, 2013 9:34 PM BST
I hope you are right Tucho, I am a big fan.
Let's hope the last 18 months can be put right by a sensible appointment.
Report tiny dave May 11, 2013 10:40 AM BST
Wolves must paid him hefty bit off

Longest Ive heard zilch come from deanos mouth
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com