Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
STEVO1878
29 Aug 12 10:47
| Topic/replies: 432 | Blogger: STEVO1878's blog
What the hell?! Recently changed my debit card, and wanted to withdraw some winnings but says that my withdrawal amount exceeds my net deposits? Can anyone shed some light on this stupid rule?
Pause Switch to Standard View I can't withdraw more than I have...
Show More
Report invalidchatname August 29, 2012 11:50 AM BST
you have to ring them and explain the above.
Report noland2_ August 29, 2012 11:55 AM BST
you've got to lose a fair amount, before they let you withdraw
Report raj1 August 29, 2012 11:55 AM BST
It's because you have another card registered with deposits recorded.

Get your other card removed and it'll work fine.
Report themover August 29, 2012 12:02 PM BST
thinly veiled "I've had a winner" thread imo
Report duncan idaho August 29, 2012 12:04 PM BST
Lose roughly 20% of it today and that should rectify the situation. Get back to me if not.
Report DAN1974 August 29, 2012 1:12 PM BST
Have you got a paypal account? you can get it paid into that.
Report jeyton August 29, 2012 1:16 PM BST
you joined in 2010 and are asking this question in 2012.... wow
Report STEVO1878 August 29, 2012 1:18 PM BST
Thanks guys, I've tried to remove my old card without success, thanks Dan I'll either try my paypal account or ring customer services to get it removed. Yes the mover I've had a few winners, had some losers too! I'm not the boastful type unlike some characters you get on here!
Report jeyton August 29, 2012 1:24 PM BST
or use "Withdraw Funds from your Betfair Account by Bank Transfer"
Report invalidchatname August 29, 2012 1:24 PM BST
mate, just ring them and explain and they will remove the old card, the exact same thing happened to me a few years back.
Report STEVO1878 August 29, 2012 1:25 PM BST
Thanks guys Happy
Report chilipepper August 29, 2012 1:31 PM BST
And what's the problem? That's their rule, at first you can't withdraw more than the first deposit as far as i know. You don't have to lose the rest Laugh you withdraw it later.
Report chilipepper August 29, 2012 1:34 PM BST
Or maybe it is something else and you should contact them, whatever works...
Report jermaine defonebox August 29, 2012 5:17 PM BST
What a rule you can only withdraw if you lose.
If you win you spend days waiting for email reply when they don't reply you wait ages to speak to the right person who then talks to you like your a drug dealer or bank robber and if they re happy with you you then wait  an incredible 5 WORKING days  ( if you withdraw on a friday night you can wait 10 days till the following monday)to seen the cash in your account
Report marychain1 August 29, 2012 5:29 PM BST
the rule is you cant withdraw more than you have deposited on a card if you've got another card with a positive deposits balance.

ie you cant deposit on one card and then withdraw it back onto another. Or you could deposit money out of you and your missus' joint account and then withdraw it into your personal account.

Its basically to stop money laundering. If you have withdrawn more than you have deposited on all your cards though you can do what you want Cool
Report jermaine defonebox August 29, 2012 6:32 PM BST
That's the theory Mary   But its not what I've found even if you only use one card you will almost certainly have to contact them to release more than you have deposited. No other bookmaker I know of acts like this IMO
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com