Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
EdwardWoowardWould
15 Aug 12 11:01
| Topic/replies: 2,150 | Blogger: EdwardWoowardWould's blog
Being touted around

Last year the man was on fire but that was his ONLY year of true success after 7 years of average play

He has shown in the Dutch team that he is not "all that" when it comes to being World Class and I think at his age with his record of not staying fit he could and probably will ( look at the stats ) be a bust wherever he goes.

I thought Man utd fans rated Berbaflop 30+million and the mexican midget as top class yet now they want this fragile dutchman Crazy

confused.com
Pause Switch to Standard View Anyone else think RVP is NOT worth...
Show More
Report berto77 August 15, 2012 11:35 AM BST
I don't think his quality is in question.  Although he's had lots of injuries I think this "he's only had one good season" line sounds more like bitter Arsenal fans and/or ABUs.

However, it's certainly a big fee for a player at his age with his record.  If they get 3 full years from him he'll be a great buy but it could easily backfire.  That said, very few big transfers come without risk and Man Utd have needed a couple of top class signings for a while.  They're still at least one top class central midfielder short imo.
Report ours4keeps August 15, 2012 11:44 AM BST
Great, great player.

Lot of money though when you factor in his wages (a 4 year deal of 180k p/w plus 22m signing fee = nearly £60m) and the fact they'll be getting very little back at the end of that deal.
Report jermaine defonebox August 15, 2012 12:40 PM BST
Over rated bully boy   His temper cost arsenal on many occasions   At the centre of the Dutch rows as usual spends half of the season out with fake injuries or stupid bookings and sending offs
Apparently only half the arsenal team and less of the Dutch team wouldn't p iss on him if he was on fire
Report donut2 August 15, 2012 12:45 PM BST
rooney and rvp up front for united??? frightening!!! worth every penny
Report kingmax August 15, 2012 12:49 PM BST
love the way he carried arsenal all season.. i mean he set himself up for 30 league goals.. well done..RVP..
Report Biscuit1979 August 15, 2012 1:05 PM BST
Louis van Gaal probably doesn't think he is, he's dropped him from the Dutch side and told him Huntelaar is his first choice striker.
Report HansUlrichApfelStrudel August 15, 2012 1:07 PM BST
No way (nap)
Report donut2 August 15, 2012 1:10 PM BST
dont think hes dropped him cos of his footballing abilities.....
Report R0ykeane December 24, 2012 8:06 PM GMT
Laugh

Edward=Shrewd

Laugh
Report sofaking December 24, 2012 8:15 PM GMT
Edward's a clueless idiot in fairness.
Report 11kv December 24, 2012 8:17 PM GMT
Ah dont forget his life threatning injury scare though
Report patrick starr December 24, 2012 8:27 PM GMT
pmsl,some right tools shown up for what they are on here! Laugh
Report Outpost December 24, 2012 10:21 PM GMT
just cos he's not good enough for international football doesn't mean he isn't good emough for the EPL.

he is worth that money to man utd as long as he keeps winning them points.
Report peter the butcher December 24, 2012 10:45 PM GMT
United fans in response to City's "She said no";

"He said no City, he said no
He said no City, he said no
He said no City, he said no
Ohhh Robin he said no"

And then he scores the winner in injury time. Top top day GrinGrin
Report CheltenhamRoar December 24, 2012 10:48 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh

Good owl Edward been shown up for the complete clown that he truly is.
Report peter the butcher December 24, 2012 10:51 PM GMT
Report R0ykeane December 24, 2012 11:36 PM GMT

EdwardWoowardWould
23 Dec 12 15:45
| Topic/replies: 1,196 | Blogger: EdwardWoowardWould's blog
UTD are schit

This has been an incredible season as far as come backs etc and i salute their resilience ( dou to Fergie ) but this team is so feckin ordinary it ain't even funny and I don't see them "changing gears"

I think Man City will kick on now and win it comfortably and am certain Chelsea will catch and pass Utd

Very Very ordinary for a UTD team ( The plastics will lambast this theory ) and will be found out badly from here on and Real Madrid will put at least 4 past them in Spain

Evans & Wio are a bit of a liability now and Scholes and Giggs are a circus act ( couple of clowns ) and good for fukkkall nowadays

This chap is quite something...from another thread...he's at it again Laugh
Report peter the butcher December 24, 2012 11:40 PM GMT
CrazyCrazy
Report themover December 25, 2012 12:57 AM GMT
Bit early to say Mr Woodward is wrong. I guess judgement will be passed at the end of the season if they have won one more trophy than last season Tongue Out
Report dandydon December 25, 2012 1:04 AM GMT
Very average utd side but that's all they have to be to be top of the epl
Some seriously bad sides in that league
Best league in the world my ass
Report sofaking December 25, 2012 1:14 AM GMT
Agreed that it's a very average Utd side but nobody looks like beating them to the title despite their main rivals spending a billion each.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 29, 2012 4:48 PM GMT
Great Thread Eddy Cool
Report wisewords December 29, 2012 4:50 PM GMT
THANK YOU ROBIN
Report viva el presidente! December 29, 2012 5:01 PM GMT
supernaturally gifted player. even manages to land first goalscorer bets without actually being on the pitch when the first goal goes in.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 31, 2012 5:36 PM GMT
This one's a Classic.Happy New Year Ed Cool
Report HHG December 31, 2012 5:46 PM GMT
£310k p/w in wages and transfer fee - good business now although might not be so good come year 3 or 4 of the contract - smacks like a deal done for the now by a manager who wont be worrying about 3 or 4 years time - it will be someone elses problem then.
Report thecookiemonster December 31, 2012 5:53 PM GMT
i dont support man ure but I would have van the man in my team any day!!
Report Pandorica December 31, 2012 6:03 PM GMT
The OP is one of the many t0ssers who frequent this forum, obviously.
However, this issue is a bit like the Euro. It should be judged in the longer term.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 1, 2013 3:56 PM GMT
This just keeps getting more and more embarrassing,No wonder Edward the Coward is in hiding,Understandable in fairness.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 6, 2013 3:03 PM GMT
Laugh
Report R0ykeane January 7, 2013 10:22 AM GMT
Laugh
Report blöder Wichser January 7, 2013 10:26 AM GMT
Another shrewdie emerges! Laugh
Report blöder Wichser January 7, 2013 10:27 AM GMT
He has shown in the Dutch team that he is not "all that"

extra shrewdie points awarded for writing in the style of a 12 year old American girl.
Report Biscuit1979 January 7, 2013 10:31 AM GMT
Where would this average (compared to previous seasons) United side be without his goals?

City would be 3 points closer from the Manchester derby for a start.

Then off the top of my head he single handedly won them the game at Southampton, and scored winners against Liverpool, West ham and Reading. No doubt there's a few others too

Looking like a bargain really.
Report R0ykeane January 7, 2013 10:56 AM GMT
Cookie muncher you miss the point a little...you can remove RVP and insert Rooney in previous seasons and before that Ronaldo...

Someone always steps up... I saw a stat that utd would be 4th without RVP's goals... don't really follow that one as someone else would have stepped up to take the mantal...obviously not to the same degree as this chap but 4th do me a favour.
Report R0ykeane January 7, 2013 10:57 AM GMT
mantle even
Report Biscuit1979 January 7, 2013 11:05 AM GMT
Rooney's missed a fair bit of this season though, didn't score his first goal until 20 October and has actually only scored in four league games. So perhaps the RVP stat isn't that far fetched.
Report DeSSieReborn January 7, 2013 11:06 AM GMT
Be interesting to check how many points City wouldnt have got without Dzeko goals
Report R0ykeane January 7, 2013 11:09 AM GMT
Rooney's missed a fair bit of this season though, didn't score his first goal until 20 October and has actually only scored in four league games. So perhaps the RVP stat isn't that far fetched.

This does not mean a lot... he would have been playing a bit further forward without van persie..possibly as the sole front man with Kagawa in behind.

And if he'd been out injured who is to say Chicharito would not have stepped up to fill the void.
Report Biscuit1979 January 7, 2013 11:16 AM GMT
"And if he'd been out injured who is to say Chicharito would not have stepped up to fill the void"

Geniunely don't believe (and i'm sure you don't either) that he'd have made the same impact as RVP. For a start he never seems to have as much of an effect when he starts games. Seems to be Solksjaer mark II, always scoring off the bench.

What's his goal record like for games started/games on as sub over his United career?
Report R0ykeane January 7, 2013 11:21 AM GMT
Not to the same level but I think he'd have stepped in and filled the void with Welbeck until Rooney was back. My point is someone usually steps up...it is the mark of Ferguson teams...how else do you explain every year you're reading the same pish...'utd are so average but for XXXXX'
Report freddiek January 7, 2013 11:27 AM GMT
if rvp had joined another big club for similar money, a man u fan would probably have started this thread
Report R0ykeane January 7, 2013 11:28 AM GMT
I'll confess I have doubts about the deal...but have been shown up to be a mug...just not quite as big a mug as Edward.
Report DeSSieReborn January 7, 2013 11:29 AM GMT
freddiek 07 Jan 13 11:27 
if rvp had joined another big club for similar money, a man u fan would probably have started this thread

Abu alert and a big yawn.....
Report AyersRock January 7, 2013 11:34 AM GMT
theyve been living on a wing and a prayer for years now. there is nothing special about united, nothing apart from RVP, take him out and who wouldve 'stepped up', rooneys been there donkeys years now and always flatters to deceive, sometimes hes good then bad then good then bad, i blush when i hear of comparisons with messi and ronaldo, its like comparing steak to a cheesburger of which the fat chain smoker is all too familiar withLaugh theyve won what theyve won cos fergies constant haranguing of Referees and influencing key decisions, everybody in football knows thats why he got so flustered with pardrews comments -  'rattled', edward has made a complete tit of himself but the point about united being distinctly average is a correct one

only a matter of time before the empire collapses
Report DeSSieReborn January 7, 2013 11:36 AM GMT
Get out the abu siren, seal down the hatches...........
Report AyersRock January 7, 2013 11:37 AM GMT
u cant keep passing everyones comments as being an abu, its weak and predictable just face it, i couldnt care less if united win the title or not, im calling a spade a spade
Report DeSSieReborn January 7, 2013 11:38 AM GMT
coming out with the same old drivel we hear every year!!!
Report peter the butcher January 7, 2013 12:10 PM GMT
DeSSie,

United have been sh1t for years. It is all coming to an end and has been for at least ten years now. SAF should not have changed his mind about retirement, ok he has won another Champions League and a few more Premierships and Cups since then but with a sh1t team and only because he bullies referees.

Jammiest club ever. How the hell they have the following record in the league in the last twenty years is bewildering;

Winners 12 times
Runners up seven times
3rd once

RVP is holding them together, just like Rooney did before him. They were lucky Ronaldo was there before that and Keane just before him. Got really jammy signing Van Nistlerooy and who would have thought SAF bringing through those spotty kids Beckham, Neville, Scholes, Giggs, Butt would win them a f ucking treble. That idiot Wilkinson stupidly sold them Cantona and he started the whole ball rolling for them but he wasn't that great either, just some hit and hopes that kept going in.

Manchester United ruined my life too. Off for my hourly medication now.
Report DeSSieReborn January 7, 2013 12:20 PM GMT
Yes its all been downhill and doom and gloom.......
Report Biscuit1979 January 7, 2013 12:23 PM GMT
"Yes its all been downhill and doom and gloom"

it has been for Over 2.5, most miserable United fan ever. Imagine what he'd be like if you were actually sh*te.
Report peter the butcher January 7, 2013 12:25 PM GMT
Is he still on the forum?

We haven't seen him but don't expect to unless we lose a game or fail to win the league by 10 points.
Report mightymoyes January 7, 2013 12:27 PM GMT
hes usually trying to p1ss people off on the boxing forum with his drivel.
as for ayer rock, a clueless liverpool supporting ****. thick as well.
Report DeSSieReborn January 7, 2013 1:08 PM GMT
peter the butcher 07 Jan 13 12:25 
Is he still on the forum?

We haven't seen him but don't expect to unless we lose a game or fail to win the league by 10 points.

Or wayne Rooney gets sold before Nani.....I expect an immediate visit in the extremely unlikely event
Report AyersRock January 7, 2013 1:40 PM GMT

mightymoyes 07 Jan 13 12:27 Joined: 28 Jul 07 | Topic/replies: 9,378 | Blogger: mightymoyes's blog
hes usually trying to p1ss people off on the boxing forum with his drivel.
as for ayer rock, a clueless liverpool supporting ****. thick as well.

i dont support liverpool

ur still upeset as an everton fan after i challenged apoint made tht everton are not a match for any team in england if all first choice teams were fit, actually an embarassing statement the longer I think about it

i dont support liverpool (just incase u forgot to read it the first 4 timesWink)
Report CheltenhamRoar January 14, 2013 9:26 PM GMT
Report bbc2 January 14, 2013 9:43 PM GMT
how many goals has he scored for united
Report CheltenhamRoar January 14, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
Edward will answer that if he ever has the balls to appear back on his threadGrin
Report patrick starr January 15, 2013 2:27 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Bruce Willis January 15, 2013 3:54 PM GMT
Laugh
Report R0ykeane January 15, 2013 5:48 PM GMT
Grin
Report never give up January 15, 2013 6:49 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Flash1966 January 15, 2013 7:30 PM GMT
complete waste of money, all he does is score goals for fun... now torres there's a bargain, always missing and running around..more for your money.
Report EdwardWoowardWould January 15, 2013 7:33 PM GMT
Waaayhaaaaaay who brought this little nugget back Blush

It is still not set on stone that he will be a success as this thred was based around his injury record and as far as I can see 20+ mill for 5 months is not value for money YET Mischief

He has been the best striker in the Prem for many a year thus far but for me he has to do it for a few seasons to make him worth that much money so lets see if he can keep scoring and stay injury free

But don't let any of these facts get in the way of a good ssssseeeeth or troll Silly

If he stays healthy and keeps this form up I will happily take a shellacking from the PLASTICS ( if they haven't melted in the sun by then )

Keep it stored with your lovely picture gallery ROypist , it might keep you warm at night LaughLaugh as it is your sole purpose in life to try and be a true Man Utd fan and larf at anyone who isn't , hence your pathetic picture collection sad boy
Report skint-gambler January 15, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
ROy drove past Old Trafford once that makes him a proper fan
Report EdwardWoowardWould January 15, 2013 7:43 PM GMT
NO , he was "driven" past Old Trafford on the Sunshine mini bus on a day trip Laugh

Window licking reeeetard
Report skint-gambler January 15, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
Grin
Report CheltenhamRoar January 15, 2013 11:01 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Return_Of_Dawsy January 15, 2013 11:02 PM GMT
edward what a clueless bellend LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report CheltenhamRoar February 15, 2013 1:52 PM GMT
Edward is very Shrood as you can tell by his 2 anti united threads Cool
Report RMB © February 15, 2013 2:01 PM GMT
Laugh
Report R0ykeane February 15, 2013 2:49 PM GMT