Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stu
09 Jun 12 09:18
| Topic/replies: 15,665 | Blogger: stu's blog
Germany should be able to expose them defensively, but with Ronnie for the Portugese can see goal threats, even if just free-kicks. Surely a goals betting game? I'm favouring the spread buy on total goals at anything under the 3 mark.
Pause Switch to Standard View Germany v Portugal
Show More
Report Tony Broke June 9, 2012 9:25 AM BST
portugal tho usually, apart from the odd game, have a solid defence, i do wonder how theyll approach this game, do they play tight and try to settle for a possible 0-0 or try to match germany attacking-wise? if they do that i can see them being outscored, could be anything this game but i do think germans will come out on top, am hoping itll be a good game anyway.
Report stu June 9, 2012 9:32 AM BST
Hard to try and contain Germans for 90 minutes - think they must realise that and try for goals personally.
Report stu June 9, 2012 9:34 AM BST
Germany put 3 past Netherlands not that long ago.
Report stu June 9, 2012 9:42 AM BST
Amazing, but last time Germans failed to score was November 2010!
Report bunneh June 9, 2012 9:55 AM BST
will be a walk over for germany, 3-0 at ht
Report bananaoasis June 9, 2012 10:18 AM BST
The Germans been over hyped, tonight Christiano will put them to sleep.
Report MONEY TREE June 9, 2012 10:24 AM BST
one of the toughest games to call this one.
Report stu June 9, 2012 10:25 AM BST
Maybe difficult, but I have a feeling for goals though whether whatever match result.
Report bananaoasis June 9, 2012 10:27 AM BST
Are the Germans going to play Mertesacker, cos if they do, we may see a red Laugh
Report Stevie777 June 9, 2012 10:34 AM BST
Christiano never played well on past tournaments, will see if he can do it tonight. But in summary the team of germany is quiet better placed in most of the positions. But will be an interesting match I guess
Report Dan Chipowski June 9, 2012 10:46 AM BST
Not difficult to call at all. Germany are different class to Portugal who ship plenty of goals and have hardly set the world alight in qualifying or recent friendly games.

Germany 3-1 for me.
Report The Magic Flea June 9, 2012 10:54 AM BST
Portugal will play defensive and on the counter attack, with free kicks from a diving Ronaldo being their best chance. I would imagine that if a German goal is scored the floodgates will open
Report Roll_Deep June 9, 2012 11:02 AM BST
Germany will hammer them,Portugal are very average.
Report rafa1908 June 9, 2012 11:12 AM BST
portugal isnt a top team..but still even statistically they owe a good game and finally some goals!germany's defence has a lot of bad times and mistakes,i cant see an easy game for them, with ronaldo and nani's pace i would consider an open game..and a fan bet against germany live
Report Fajizzle June 9, 2012 11:13 AM BST
Cant see anything past Germany here. Portugal are a poor side, as they consistently prove,
Report dannytb June 9, 2012 11:18 AM BST
germany put 3 past portugal in 2008, germany have got better whilst portugal haven't improved that much.
Report kingG111111 June 9, 2012 11:43 AM BST
LUMP ON 1-0 PORTUGAL!!!
Report henok June 9, 2012 12:01 PM BST
i thinklaying portugal os free money.
Report GODSEND June 9, 2012 12:42 PM BST
germany are so potent in front of goal...MEZUT OZIL is going to run the show...
Report Tony Broke June 9, 2012 12:48 PM BST
germany always play attacking football and im sure the safest bet in thw world is to back them just to score, not only that, but they are almost favs apart from spain and anything other than a win here will be a surprise, portugal are an ok side who just arent as good as either tonights opponents or holland, had they been in england's group they prob wouldve qualified.
Report sajes June 9, 2012 12:52 PM BST
2.26 is free money!
Report yapyapyap37 June 9, 2012 1:01 PM BST
Germany have scored in their last 16 games BUT had only 3 clean sheets in those games.While Portugal have only 1 win in their last 6 games and not scored in 3 of those games.Ronaldo is obviously the main threat for Portugal but he's not the same player when he plays for them(like Messi for Argentina).IMHO Germany are a great bet..
Report GODSEND June 9, 2012 1:10 PM BST
remember this is football and anything could happen lol red card, penaltys, beach balls...its random chaos this football marlarchy
Report high_lander June 9, 2012 1:20 PM BST
i cant see anything other than a victory for germany

germany 3-1 portugal
Report rafa1908 June 9, 2012 1:24 PM BST
guys if that was soooo easy there would be no 2.6 to Germany..Anyway, Portugal has no hopes for this game so an early goal will release defences and because of great creative players both, we ll have an over 3.5 or 4.5 for fun!
Report Viva Pataca June 9, 2012 1:31 PM BST
Who starts up front for Portugal? Almeida or Helder Postiga?
Report Viva Pataca June 9, 2012 1:32 PM BST
Plus if Loew starts Badstuber and Mertesacker before Hummels (as is what's being predicted in most team predictions), he deserves to lose.
Report Millerracing67 June 9, 2012 2:15 PM BST
Had a few quid on Germany to win the Euro`s, so hope & expect them to get off to a winning start.
Report MONEY-TRAIN June 9, 2012 2:36 PM BST
I'm portuguese and all I can say is that Germany will win tonight. 2.24 is free money. If you're scared, just lay Portugal. The liability is not that much.
Report Millerracing67 June 9, 2012 2:50 PM BST
"Free Money" M-T ??? If only it was that easy. Best of luck with your bets tho, hope your right about the result 2nite.
Having layed both Portugal & England to reach the final, i hope they both go out well before that stage.
Portugal have a nightmare of a group to get out of with the Germans & the Dutch to get past, tough task.
"If England get through there group, which will prob be in 2nd place, they will then run into Spain, game over in my book.
Report bacardi June 9, 2012 5:29 PM BST
German team news

Neuer - Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm - Muller, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Podolski, Ozil - Gomez
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com