Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MONEY TREE
02 May 12 15:13
| Topic/replies: 25,595 | Blogger: MONEY TREE's blog
Gove roy a chance, a disgusting paper should be shut down.
Pause Switch to Standard View THE SUN!!! disgrace imo.
Show More
Report iamajambo May 2, 2012 3:27 PM BST
Comic,more like.
Report The Magic Flea May 2, 2012 3:34 PM BST
the sad thing is that a lot of people will actually find the front page amusing. and this paper decides on the Uk's government. No surprise we're fked
Report DIE LINKE May 2, 2012 3:41 PM BST
An Aussie/Yank who pays less tax than a cleaner at the Sun and detests the royal family has had successive governments by the short and curlies since the 1970s. Pathetic.
Report xmoneyx May 2, 2012 3:41 PM BST
well said MONEYTREE

dont want it shut down thou---i only buy it for templegate
Report fallenangel May 2, 2012 3:42 PM BST
shirley they are only expressing freedom of speech....the same as yourself
Report MONEY TREE May 2, 2012 3:43 PM BST
templegate could come on here !! we need a good tipster CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report The Magic Flea May 2, 2012 3:49 PM BST
shirley they are only expressing freedom of speech....the same as yourself

As the Uk's best selling paper they have a moral duty of care. Taking the p1ss out of speach impediments shows that they have learnt nothing from their enquiry into their sister paper
Report The Magic Flea May 2, 2012 3:51 PM BST
Individuals can do it on a forum, like I have. But a national paper has to be a bit more respectful as they can influence the masses
Report fallenangel May 2, 2012 3:53 PM BST
fair play, im just playing devils advocate Wink
Report padlock May 2, 2012 3:54 PM BST
what was the headline ?
Report chathamjack May 2, 2012 3:55 PM BST
0 games played, less than a day into the job and they're already looking to crucify him,

what do you expect from the newspaper that still gives that lovely girl imogen thomas column inches
Report fallenangel May 2, 2012 3:56 PM BST
padlock
02 May 12 15:54
what was the headline ?

Hodgson says "Kenny is cwap"
Report capo steve der muss May 2, 2012 4:11 PM BST
A disgrace indeed, although he does remind me of Brian Walden from Weekend World on ITV in the 80's.
Report STEPTOES YARD May 2, 2012 4:16 PM BST
arry writes for the sun, the sun like most papers wanted cheeky chappy arry as they knew it would mean good access and stories as hes always available
Report HeinzGuderian May 2, 2012 4:19 PM BST
Isn't this whinge akin to throwing stones in glass houses ?

Betfair Football Forum Outraged by Suns Sense of Humour..................you couldn't make it up ffs LaughLaugh

Good luck Woy.
Report STEPTOES YARD May 2, 2012 4:20 PM BST
maybe but cheap jokes on here little different to mocking on front page of paper you intent to have millions read
Report fallenangel May 2, 2012 4:20 PM BST
cue a load of replies saying "so you think it would be alright for a kid in the playground to be teased about a speech impediment?"
Report STEPTOES YARD May 2, 2012 4:25 PM BST
fwiw the cover isnt the worse its more the reasoning behind it, they are pig sick that arry didnt get it and clearly spiteful
Report fallenangel May 2, 2012 4:27 PM BST
...or just having a laugh Crazy
Report DIE LINKE May 2, 2012 4:31 PM BST
I think Steptoes has it spot on here, expect 'Arry's stock to rise during the Euros while doing nothing. "'Arry would have done this" "'Arry would have done that" etc.
Report STEPTOES YARD May 2, 2012 4:32 PM BST
thats my point, think it wasnt meant as a laugh myself, even if they hide behind it.

As said nothing to get carried away by and not a disgrace but certainly a dig rather than bit of fun imo
Report chathamjack May 2, 2012 4:32 PM BST
think it's more trying to make him look like a laughing stock before he's even had the chance to do anything rather than just having a laugh,

if 'arry had got the job the front page would have been him hanging out the back of Carla Bruni with Sarkozy in a headlock.
Report fallenangel May 2, 2012 4:34 PM BST
i wold have made william hague the manager.
as foreign minister he could have handed out a few passports to some of the players from other countries (preferably the ones with decent players)
Report chathamjack May 2, 2012 4:36 PM BST
William Hague was too hungover to attend the interview...
Report Long John May 2, 2012 4:42 PM BST
what was it?
what was it?
what was it?
Report Capt__F May 2, 2012 4:45 PM BST
Ah ha
Report 1st time poster May 2, 2012 4:55 PM BST
the fa is run by morons and  a man with an ego like hodgson deserve all they get, he,s been set up as a patsy,
i doubt there,d be very little difference in englands results whoever was in charge, but englands fans think they always have a chance so why dont the loons at the fa just give the fans the man they want simples, if anyone at the fa including the half wit brooking think hodgson is going to succeed where  keegan,sven , cappello,mclaren, venables failed they are deluding themselves, as for me i,m looking forward to another car crash tournament for england
Report Tucho May 2, 2012 4:56 PM BST
apparently the sun called roy a 'smart arse' because he speaks 5 or 6 different languages

as opposed to their favourite for the job harry redknapp, whose defence in court recently was that he couldn't read or write

we'll be better off with the smart arse imo Grin
Report the istabraq years May 2, 2012 4:58 PM BST
The Sun are a total disgrace with that front page....now they are a bunch of W ankers and thats is spelt correctly.
Report high_lander May 2, 2012 5:11 PM BST
What do you expect from that idiotic comic? Stop buying it!
Report _Pedrito_ May 2, 2012 5:13 PM BST
Headline
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/02/article-2138457-12E317E0000005DC-355_468x600.jpg

Bwing on the Euwos! (We'll see you in Ukwaine against Fwance)

Roy Hodgson speaks five languages.
That is four and a half more than The Sun.
Report fallenangel May 2, 2012 5:19 PM BST
bit of a sad whinge about a crap joke
if people dont like the sun then dont buy it. i dont.
Report grrrrrowl May 2, 2012 5:20 PM BST
If the subject in question was Jonathon Ross.... would there be the same uproar?.....

I'll leave you to think about that one
Report fallenangel May 2, 2012 5:22 PM BST
"that won" surely?
Report chathamjack May 2, 2012 5:25 PM BST
personally my complaint isn't with the actual headline (although for a national paper it is in poor taste), my problem is whether you like it or not he is the England manager, and I don't understand why they want to get on his back within 24 hours in the job.
Report chathamjack May 2, 2012 5:26 PM BST
personally my complaint isn't with the actual headline (although for a national paper it is in poor taste), my problem is whether you like it or not he is the England manager, and I don't understand why they want to get on his back within 24 hours in the job.
Report 1st time poster May 2, 2012 5:26 PM BST
so far the cv goes like this,
speaks 5 languages
has managed 3 national teams
is a nice bloke
but has had 19 jobs ,why because he,s a below average club,national, manager,who brings nothing to the party ,that you couldnt pick up in a euefa handbook,the english andy roxbrough, garbage appointment and i hate the chancer redknapp
Report The Magic Flea May 2, 2012 5:28 PM BST
he was better as sporting director than manager at Inter
Report Ibrahima Sonko May 2, 2012 6:10 PM BST
As I read somewhere earlier, i am not looking forward to the sun headline makers regarding the britsh paralympic team
Report mightymoyes May 2, 2012 6:15 PM BST
1st time poster 02 May 12 17:26 
so far the cv goes like this,
speaks 5 languages
has managed 3 national teams
is a nice bloke
but has had 19 jobs ,why because he,s a below average club,national, manager,who brings nothing to the party ,that you couldnt pick up in a euefa handbook,the english andy roxbrough, garbage appointment and i hate the chancer redknapp
-------------

whats redknapps CV made up of??
Report aaronh May 2, 2012 6:16 PM BST
^^ 1 trophy in how many years
running Pompey into the ground

ConfusedConfused
Report The Magic Flea May 2, 2012 6:18 PM BST
he fked pompey, he fked soton, I am sure he had something to do to fk up the hammers. If spurs don't make champs league will find out next year that they will go into administration
Report illuminatus May 2, 2012 6:19 PM BST
There's a reason why England haven't won anything of note since 1966...

... the patriotic glory hunters might one day figure that out.

Until then, the bookmakers/layers will make a killing.
Report thieveslikeus May 2, 2012 6:20 PM BST
Well said Money Tree and others here, as Henry Winter said, Hodgson is a "broadsheet manager in a tabloid world!"   Disgraceful stuff from the S*n.
Report dexter_pinto May 2, 2012 6:28 PM BST
If you genuinely feel aggrieved about the headline, the Press Complaints Commission http://www.pcc.org.uk/
is there to accept any thoughts on the matter.
The Sun will have all the usual 'come on lads' bollocks during the Euros while at the same time taking the piss mercilessly out of the manager.
The same people chuckling over their cornflakes at the front page this morning will be the same people crying into their pints after England crash out of the Euros.
The Sun does what they want because no one has the balls to properly take them on.
Report 1st time poster May 2, 2012 6:33 PM BST
that would be the broadsheet writer winter who said redknapp was a shoo in, Wink, as for mightymoyes theres plenty of threads on here where ive posted my hatred for redknapp so his cv is of no interest to me,as ive stated you could put anyone of a dozen men in charge and results would barely differ, but yet again i ask the question when was the last time on a saturday you got excited about watching either live or on tv a team managed by hodgson,dont remember all the londoners cramming into the cottage everytime they had a spare afternoon,probably watching paint dry on a fence somewhere,
as for winter as he,s the england broadsheet supremeo its his job in life ,if everyone wants white he wants black,bit like that old fool glanville on sky the other night dropping in his love of BRAAAAAZIL, not brazil who us peasents watch, Wink
Report illuminatus May 2, 2012 6:38 PM BST
The best form of protest against The Sun is simply don't buy it... and Mr. Murdoch's other publications to boot.

I'm no fan of Liverpool but how The Sun covered the Hillsborough travesty was disgusting.
Report Mike Bassett England Manager May 2, 2012 7:06 PM BST
What about page 3?
Every day I check this and find a picture that degrades women.
Report MONEY TREE May 2, 2012 7:15 PM BST
I dont buy it just think they are a bunch of c***s.

What makes them think they have the right to belittle roy all ready?

most of the media in uk is sutable as chip wrapping and nothing else.
Report grumpyjim May 2, 2012 7:18 PM BST
media people  all out of jobs soon ,unless they clean up there act .

disgusting , for a front page  ,   a new  countries  footie manager rightly or  wrongly  deserves  better ....
Report illuminatus May 2, 2012 7:19 PM BST
Today's 'newspaper' is tomorrow's chip wrapper.

So true.
Report grumpyjim May 2, 2012 7:19 PM BST
not even allowed to wrap  up   chips ?
Report razz May 2, 2012 7:21 PM BST
wait a second... people still read newspapers?!?
Report layingisthewayforward May 2, 2012 7:23 PM BST
am i the only won that found it amusing?
Report MONEY TREE May 2, 2012 7:25 PM BST
are you of low iq laying?
Report bbc2 May 2, 2012 7:32 PM BST
if you cant take the heat get out the kitchen
Report illuminatus May 2, 2012 7:33 PM BST
Out of the frying pan; into the fire.
Report dashero May 2, 2012 7:33 PM BST
Is that why you go awol following a united defeatLaugh
Report bbc2 May 2, 2012 7:37 PM BST
england managers takestick shock horror has it happened beforeLaugh
Report illuminatus May 2, 2012 7:38 PM BST
Amazing scenes... has this happened before? NAP.
Report matt le tiss May 2, 2012 7:41 PM BST
What seems to be the pwoblem ?
Report bbc2 May 2, 2012 7:42 PM BST
they didnt hack his phone
Report mightymoyes May 2, 2012 7:49 PM BST
they usually take stick after theyve at least managed for 1 game!
Report bikkus dikkus May 2, 2012 7:57 PM BST
seems harsh,but the sun are up for it after what happened to them,so expect a lot more attacks on various people,i agree on HR that his cv is no better,but he would be a better manager of the current players,which is an impossible task given the split camp.
Report Suso30 May 2, 2012 8:02 PM BST
A vile Newspaper.

Mass boycott of the sun?
Report Ibrahima Sonko May 2, 2012 8:07 PM BST
#DontBuyTheSun
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com