Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dan Chipowski
18 Apr 12 21:11
| Topic/replies: 34,123 | Blogger: Dan Chipowski's blog
Utter disgrace.
Pause Switch to Standard View Didier Drogba - A DISGRACE to humanity.
Show More
Report Regular Fries April 18, 2012 10:16 PM BST
What they should do is fit players with a tazer so if the officials think the player has gone down too easily, they then taze him.

It's been trialled this week as it happened, Frank Ribery and the much maligned Didier Drogba both spotted having involuntary muscle spasms just seconds after hitting the deck.
Report cob316 April 18, 2012 10:18 PM BST
RF - good lines if they're yours and not retweets!
Report comingupthehill April 18, 2012 10:18 PM BST
they put 4 men on messy and drogba did the right thing slow down and disrupt the game ,the problem is he plays like that every week so its nots cos hes played clever tactics.
Report R0ykeane April 18, 2012 10:21 PM BST
Don't know what the fuss is...well known fact he only goes down when there is contact Laugh
Report duffy April 18, 2012 10:22 PM BST
if he hadn't done all that diving in the first half he wouldn't have had the extra 2 minutes in which to score the winnerLaugh and tyldesley did say that we are now playing 2 mins of drogba timeCool
Report mexicano April 18, 2012 10:39 PM BST
ferk me . is this all that the malcontents can moan about toight?

looks like a few have done their bowlarks.

what was the big surprise???????????

you all know that at the slightest touch he goes down like a baby and looks like he'll need a stretcher.

having said that i thought he was magnificent  tonight when he stood up.
Report John_Cherry April 18, 2012 10:46 PM BST
makes audley harrison look like a v.c winner
Report John_Cherry April 18, 2012 10:47 PM BST
did he manage to get a yellow card for a barca player?
Report mexicano April 18, 2012 10:48 PM BST
got one for himself.
Report cloughandtaylor April 18, 2012 10:48 PM BST
Drogba may be a tad of a hate figure tonight, At least he is giving abu qatarda a night off.

Feck it keep abu,deport didier.Sad
Report stealthgun April 18, 2012 10:48 PM BST
It was embarrassing his play acting. The one where he jumped 3 foot in the air backwards was a real beauty. Daley is having that one for London 2012.
Report duffy April 18, 2012 10:50 PM BST
if he hadn't done it there wouldn't have been the extra 2 minutes in which he scored the winner!!
Report John_Cherry April 18, 2012 10:52 PM BST
lol, too true ^ duffy
Report cloughandtaylor April 18, 2012 10:52 PM BST
Laugh
Yeah,he had just stamped on an opponent and launched Tom Daleyesque.
Report mexicano April 18, 2012 10:55 PM BST
yep

hold the back page.

pro footballer goes down like a sack of spuds,every time he's touched and writhes araound like he's been shot.

has this ever happened before?
Report MoneyBagger April 18, 2012 10:56 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlEOX_LqV2M
Report MoneyBagger April 18, 2012 10:58 PM BST
Better one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGmKO_HlPvU

If you watch the African Cup of Nations, it's part of football there. You'd think he would feel embarrassed by his antics, but obviously not.
Report sj April 19, 2012 7:42 AM BST
makes me chuckle that fans from spurs,man utd and liverpool have a dig.Yes the man is a joke without doubt the way he goes down,but please lads look at your own players at times.
Report HAWK-OF-THE-FENS April 19, 2012 7:59 AM BST
a.young dont go down easy i m o.
Report sj April 19, 2012 8:01 AM BST
^ nor does jordan then
Report Regular Fries April 19, 2012 8:41 AM BST
It shouldn't matter what team you support should it?
Report sj April 19, 2012 8:44 AM BST
well it seems to me people are quick to jump on the drogba bandwagon without condeming their own.

Bale
Gerrard
Young
rooney

just my opinion people in glass houses etc,as said i thought his antics were pathetic last night
Report berto77 April 19, 2012 8:50 AM BST
As distasteful as it is, Drogba was merely doing a job for his team.

He won fouls, broke up play, frustrated the opposition and slowed the game down.  It was a tactic that worked from Chelsea point of view and was little different from Young's exaggerated fall at the weekend.

Easy to stop.  Refs shouldn't stop play every time he goes down.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 8:52 AM BST
To the original poster : Dont talk stupid, Barca players have done precisely the same for years and no one raises an eyebrow. About time they got some of their own medicine. Very well done to Chelsea.
Report fallenangel April 19, 2012 8:52 AM BST
sj
19 Apr 12 07:42
makes me chuckle that fans from spurs,man utd and liverpool have a dig.Yes the man is a joke without doubt the way he goes down,but please lads look at your own players at times.

i think the irony is lost on you.
chelsea fans were on here last week saying ashley young is a cheat. When it was pointed out to them drogba is a master of the art the chelsea fans repeatedly posted that drogba never dives. So you hardly expect fans not to have a pop at him now after last nights display.
Report sj April 19, 2012 8:55 AM BST
^ can you please point me in the direction of these posts that Drogba never dives from chelsea fans? as for young imo yes he does cheat as sadly many do nowdays

The game is being ruined by the antics of many many players now, and uefa and fifa most act
Report sj April 19, 2012 8:56 AM BST
*must act
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 8:57 AM BST
They can call ashley young as much as they want, the boy moves and changes direction at speed and anyone who has played football knows how easy it is to take someone down with an ankle tap.

Well Done to drogba I say, give 'em more of the same at home and lets hear their fans ****ing crying.
Report sj April 19, 2012 9:01 AM BST
dessie

do you really enjoy watching players go over the way they do now?  i cant bear to watch the game at times with all this throwing themselves to the ground
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:04 AM BST
sj to put it into perspective.......BARCA ARE FECKING MASTERS OF THE ART.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:05 AM BST
No one enjoys it, but I dont blame Drogba at all for helping his side to an excellent half time lead.
Report sj April 19, 2012 9:05 AM BST
agree with you dessie but does that make it good for the game/right?
Report Regular Fries April 19, 2012 9:06 AM BST
If you can't beat them join them seems to be the mantra.

How sad.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:07 AM BST
To be fair, he'll not get away with it over there, the fans wont let him. But just watch Barca over there. They will be dropping like flies.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:08 AM BST
RF thats stupid.
Report sj April 19, 2012 9:11 AM BST
thing is dessie by all accounts rooney tweeted about Drogba last night( which is fair enough) but has he ever tweeted FFS Young stay on your feet?
Report Regular Fries April 19, 2012 9:12 AM BST
What's stupid Dessie, that's what you're saying isn't it?
Report jermaine defonebox April 19, 2012 9:14 AM BST
No no no dicier is maybe the nicest footballer in the prem
He has a long history of donating signing on fees advertising money huge almounts of cash to charity building hospitals schools
I won't have a bad word said about the guy never gets in trouble off field Loves his family
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:25 AM BST
There are times RF when tactics can turn over a better team. Take last night!!! I'm not saying Drogba is right to dive, thats IF he was diving. Its very easy for people to call someone a diver. We all do it, call our opponents players divers but there is no better example of a team of divers than Barca themselves, the best team in the world.......do you want Spurs to be best team in the world RF?
Report Regular Fries April 19, 2012 9:32 AM BST
Dessie, firstly, 'thats IF he was diving' Crazy

I don't think Barca are the best team in the world because of their gamesmanship (to give it a name). In Spain it's not such an issue, but I'd like to think our game is a bit better than that, at least from the common man in the stands. It's clearly less of an issue though as time goes by which I find very sad.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:33 AM BST
sj re ashley young. Why would he dive? Look at the last penalty.....he is changing direction at speed. Contact is all it needs for the defender too put him down. Side stepping is great when you get past cleanly but if you get a nick its usually over and on both occasions he got nicked. Show me a player who would have been able to stay up and I'll say his name was probably Messi, the only one with the sort of balance and agility needed to stay up.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:35 AM BST
RF you can say it, but you DON'T KNOW that he was diving. Just your biased opinion. Which Tottenham player is their biggest diver? Adebayor? Lennon? Bale?........
Report Regular Fries April 19, 2012 9:40 AM BST
Most players dive these days Dessie which is my point. It's very sad.
Report Pounf April 19, 2012 9:40 AM BST
With SpiNDEX theres a market where you can buy the number of times a trainer comes on the field..last night the number was 2.3 Knowing what Drogba (and Busquets) were like, I bought...imagine my horror every time he went down, that he got up without treatment. The guy is a huge attention seeker, and this not having treatment is a very worrying development.
Report sintonian April 19, 2012 9:42 AM BST
Dessie, im really shocked you are defending Young.

In case you are not aware, Young instigated the contact. It is PREMEDITATED CHEATING.

Dress it up how you like, speed , agility, light frame etc. But your comments and those of the PFA Clark Carlisle are an insult to the intelligence of football fans.

Grown men, strong and in their prime, DO NOT fall over like that, to suggest otherwise is very insulting.

How you can then call RF biased is stunning.
Report Regular Fries April 19, 2012 9:44 AM BST
You're not really that shocked are you Sint? Crazy
Report Arsenal Oldie April 19, 2012 9:44 AM BST
Sint - recommend the approach below

DeSSieReborn
19 Apr 12 09:35 Joined: 21 Jun 02 | Topic/replies: 13,062 | Blogger: DeSSieReborn's blog
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user: DeSSieReborn.
You can manage your blocked users list     here .
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:45 AM BST
I don't think its fair to label players divers when there is clear contact and that contact, however minimal, CAN result in the player going down due to momentum. Look at those challenges on Drogba highlighted by Sky.....every one CONTACT, and I think it is very harsh to say he DIVED. Maybe made a meal with his facial expressions, but he did take some stick. And who would want that boot in the bollocks?????
Report sintonian April 19, 2012 9:46 AM BST
I probably shouldn't be RF. I thought Dessie had changed, clearly not.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:50 AM BST
Sintonian...... in defending Young I'm also defending Walcott, Lennon, Ramires etc etc all very slight players with speed to burn. And all regularly on the floor through slight contact at speed. Premeditated???? Who the fu ck are you to say that? The Judge? Its just your fecking biaised opinion jumping on the ABU bandwagon. Have there been any "premeditations" on the part of arsenal players I wonder????
Report joejoe75 April 19, 2012 9:51 AM BST
Dan your right hes an utter disgrace.hes even physically bigger than everyone which makes it worse.messi is small enough to be his 6 year old niece and gets kicked every game
yet rarely goes down.they say it a mans game.he actually made a show of himself and chelsea
and chelsea in one of the biggest games of the year.hes a joke should do a deal with their sponsors for him.
Report Regular Fries April 19, 2012 9:51 AM BST
What's this ABU bollocks Dessie? Is it along the same lines as ABB?
Report sintonian April 19, 2012 9:55 AM BST
Leaving the thread.

What Ashley Young did twice was bad enough but to have some Man Utd fan defend it is insulting. Clearly, there is a point being missed about who instigated the contact.

And us fans wonder why we are stuck in a never ending circle of diving,cheating and feigning injury?? Well look no further than Dessie. Someone who will defend it simply because he supports the club of the villain. And to top it all, calls everyone else biased. Warped sh1t is this football forum. Absolutley mental.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 9:58 AM BST
No Sintonian, the referee is on the pitch to make decisions, not you. Thats a shame really, because foootball would be a real circus if you were refereeing and entertainment value would go through the roof.
Report Regular Fries April 19, 2012 10:01 AM BST
Isn't Dessie the forumite who wished injury on Jack Wilshere because he withdrew from the England U21's squad last summer?

Clearly got his wish tenfold.
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 10:09 AM BST
Maybe my point that Wengers wanton mis management of the lad was correct. Unrested throughout the season at his age playing in the Arsenal engine room. Its a shame, but had Wenger rested him correctly through the season he probably would have been fit to play for the England lads AND start the following season. Oh well, thats my fault LaughLaughLaugh
Report fallenangel April 19, 2012 10:15 AM BST
sj
19 Apr 12 08:55
can you please point me in the direction of these posts that Drogba never dives from chelsea fans?

i suggest you read the thread titled 'the cheat that is ashley young'. there are numerous post from chelsea fans saying that drogba never dives.also numerous from liverpool fans saying that suarez never dives (despite links to youtube vids proving the opposite).
Report Biscuit1979 April 19, 2012 10:34 AM BST
Dessie - even Red Nev said Ashley Young dived, so that's good enough for me.
Report Biscuit1979 April 19, 2012 10:35 AM BST
But onto the subject of Drogba, the guy's actions are laughable. He must've gone down at least 10 times last night, in the end even Chelsea fans were laughing and telling him to get up and get on with it.
Report layingisthewayforward April 19, 2012 10:49 AM BST
Drogba has been at it for years, so has Ashley Young.. I thought Ribbery was the worst of the lot in Tuesdays semi final.

Sickening to watch and why I'm fast falling out of love with the game.

It's not just the diving, it's the consistent challenging of the ref's decisions and constant appealing for free kicks etc.

Fifa need to clamp down now.  If a player appeals or challenges the ref should be an instant yellow card, same for diving...
Report R0ykeane April 19, 2012 10:58 AM BST
Ha,

This is a comedy thread.

Any chelsea fan trying to equate how drogba carries on with the occassional dive from rooney, bale, gerrard etc needs their head tested.

This brick shithouse has been at it for years.

You'll find very few utd fans defending young, and you'll also see he won't be at it that blatantly for long. Unlike a certain drogba who has been indulged for approaching a decade.
Report TRD.Racing April 19, 2012 11:00 AM BST
The guy is a disgrace to the game of football. Would love to have seen him play in the days when football was football. Norman Hunter,Jackie Charlton Nobby Stiles etc etc would have had him rolling around in agony for real
Report homefortea April 19, 2012 11:02 AM BST
Correct Roy, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Unfortunately there is an even worse culprit about to re-emerge - Jack Wilshire.
Report Mister E April 19, 2012 11:09 AM BST
A DISGRACE to [b]humanity[/b]

Nobody died.FFS where does humanity come into it?

The fellow's conduct is an embarrassment, and reprehensible.
Did it affect the result last night?
Did his acting get anybody sent off?
Did his diving win a penalty?

Get it in context.
Report R0ykeane April 19, 2012 11:12 AM BST
Pretty sure its just a phrase Mr E
Report Mister E April 19, 2012 11:16 AM BST
LOL

yes Roy.
Emotion got the better of somebody.

Hitler, Brady, Pol Pot, Drogba.

Good luck
Wink
Report jackhulk April 19, 2012 11:21 AM BST
Classic Drogba. Good to see him back to his old ways, falling down (making me laugh) and scoring goals in 'Drogba time'.
Report Monte Christo April 19, 2012 11:21 AM BST
Ask yourself a question

How will Didhedive Drogba be remembered when he leaves the game here ?

In my opinion he could have gone down as one of the greats.

Sadly he will go down as a monster of a man who played football like a big girl's blouse.
Report loadedgimp April 19, 2012 11:22 AM BST
Its Barcelona ffs, lone striker against Barca's back 4.  He took his chance and scored against them, timewasting and frustrating the back 4 was his job, and he did it well.  I think Drogs earned his money last night.
Report R0ykeane April 19, 2012 11:23 AM BST
How funny was it seeing busquets telling drog to get up?! Probably the funniest thing ive ever seen. What a prize ****.
Report loadedgimp April 19, 2012 11:23 AM BST
yes Roy.
Emotion got the better of somebody.

Hitler, Brady, Pol Pot, Drogba + Dan Chipowski
Report Galathan April 19, 2012 11:38 AM BST

Apr 19, 2012 -- 11:23AM, R0ykeane wrote:

How funny was it seeing busquets telling drog to get up?! Probably the funniest thing ive ever seen. What a prize ****.

Bustequets the biggest cheater in Barça telling someone to get up was hilarious!

Report Blackrock April 19, 2012 11:44 AM BST
Drogba is undoubtedly a diver and so is Ashley Young, and many others in world football.
The refs should know who is likely to hit the deck at the merest touch, and wave play on. If a player continues to dive and the refs ignore it, then the diving player may eventually get the message.
Report Pounf April 19, 2012 11:56 AM BST
I dont think Drogba dives in the sense of Ashley Cole dives, its just he has the pain threshold of a 5 year old girl. Every time he goes down it looks like its a career threatening injury the faces he pulls. The one where he got "knocked out" is hilarious.
Report Pounf April 19, 2012 11:56 AM BST
Sorry Ashley Young not Cole
Report DeSSieReborn April 19, 2012 2:21 PM BST
Biscuit1979 19 Apr 12 10:34 
Dessie - even Red Nev said Ashley Young dived, so that's good enough for me.

Biscuit even Nev is allowed the occasional gaf.....he made one there imo, but one thing that does show is he isn't biased
Report anfeild April 19, 2012 2:33 PM BST
Don't like him but against Barca i think he was right to do it. Barca are world class as diving espically Pedro/Basquets so i think Barca where getting a taste of their own medicine. Barca have had the rub of the green with decisions in this competition for a long time.
Report rogerthebutler April 19, 2012 3:29 PM BST
Why is everyone acting so surprised?

You knew Drogba was selected and what he'd get up to when a Lifeguard was announced as the fouth official.
Report scholariship April 19, 2012 3:35 PM BST
Fight fire with fire,what's wrong with that.Obviously a Barca fan.
Report scholariship April 19, 2012 3:46 PM BST
How anyone can compare Didier Drogba to all of those penalty winning divers at Man Utd is fantasy.
Report Dan Chipowski April 19, 2012 3:48 PM BST
Obviously the use of the word 'humanity' in the OP was misguided, apologies Didi. Silly

I can see the argument of people saying he's giving Barca some of their own medicine, and that's true. It's not even his diving that's the issue, it's part of the modern game. It's just the feigning injury which annoys me. Great player if he stuck to playing football. Plain
Report Tony Broke April 19, 2012 4:00 PM BST
drogba and others, go down every time an opponent look at them, theres hypocrisy as usual from chelsea fans who actually point out how other players are cheats when their own joke of a player  cheats virtually every single game.
People defendign a cheat just because those cheating tactics worked on the night and got chelsea a hardly deserved win. If any barca players even dares argue with a ref or goes down in 2nd leg youll all be crying liek babies, but lets just hope football prevails and barca win 6-0.
Report scholariship April 19, 2012 4:02 PM BST
Let's get it straight, it's not diving it's going down easy,which is part of the continental way of playing the game.
Report Mariner Paul April 19, 2012 4:25 PM BST
Drogba won the game last night by cheating. He's been doing it for years. I wasn't shocked in the slightest but yeah, he's a vile individual.
Report Tony Broke April 19, 2012 4:35 PM BST
so chelsea fans, dont complain when barca do it in the return, just be quiet!
Report scholariship April 19, 2012 4:45 PM BST
Do what in return,Busquets does it all the time.Diving i mean not going down easily.
Report sj April 19, 2012 4:46 PM BST
SO if everyone does it why arent there these threads all the time? Drogba was a disgrace last night in my opinion I dont like to see it. But on the flipside Tony I trust you will be putting up a thread for Dani Alves Busquests Maschenerno etc. I doubt it will happen though
Report mexicano April 19, 2012 5:34 PM BST
lot of hypocritical cobblers been spouted here. as a chelsea fan WHO GOES, i'll tell you the attitude of most people at the bridge is one of frustration and sometimes embarresment at the way he sometimes makes himself look foolish. i sort of equate it to when one of your sons gets drunk and makes a berk of himselfHappy.

having said that what he did last night seemed to be very effective. did it alter the result??????  who knows.

i've got to say that dessies defence of ashley young is staggering in the extreme. and for somebody else to suggest that it's ok for rooney to do it cos he dosen't do it as often as drogba is quite bizzare.

someone asked how he will be remembered. well i'll tell you how i'll remember him. as a centre forward who when he put his mind to it was unplayable, but went down like a little girl at the slightest hint of contact making himself look extremely foolish on occasion.

no doubt the other mob will be at it in the nou camp, and they'll be blowing in the refs ear at every opportunity, but that will be ok because they're the greatest team on the planet aint they?
Report R0ykeane April 19, 2012 5:36 PM BST
Tony Broke
19 Apr 12 16:35
| Topic/replies: 7,745 | Blogger: Tony Broke's blog

This is actually a good point. There is a very high chance this may develop, will be interesting to see how relaxed we all are about diving then Cool
Report mexicano April 19, 2012 5:43 PM BST
Tony Broke
19 Apr 12 16:35
| Topic/replies: 7,745 | Blogger: Tony Broke's blog
================================================================

no; 'we'll leave it to the non chelsea supporting forumites shall we? cos i'm sure that after their mock outrage last night they'll be bound to highlight every injustice meted out to chelsea wont they?

but then again.
Report maverick April 19, 2012 5:48 PM BST
I just hope drogba's ok. he seemed to take a real battering out there
Report mexicano April 19, 2012 5:49 PM BST
they'll patch him up and send him out again mav.

bit like the aircraft in the battle of britainHappy
Report maverick April 19, 2012 5:54 PM BST
thank god for that. not just the aircraft mex, the airmen like douglas bader too. maybe drogba should get some metal legs
Report sheihadul April 19, 2012 5:57 PM BST
That's the way modern football is played. Strikers run full speed when they got the ball and as soon as they get touched lightly they'll fall. And sometimes they'll just dive. If you don't like it stop watching football. I don't think Drogba is diving more than others and he's definitely not a disgrace to humanity. And no, I'm not a Chelsea fan.
Report Pounf April 19, 2012 6:11 PM BST
If you look at Rugby players running at full speed and how they manage to stay upright, then footballers who are felled when they encounter a slight breeze....are we even talking about the same species ?
Report mexicano April 19, 2012 6:13 PM BST
the long and the short of it is that the original poster and most of the other contributors on this thread probably couldn't give a ferk about diving because we've all got more than our fair share in our teams.

just a poor exercise in "peasing on somebodys chips" [i believe the expression is] imoLaugh
Report warmdown April 19, 2012 6:28 PM BST
Watching the game last night,and then the picture went a bit fuzzy...so i got up and tapped the side of the telly..
and Drogba fell over.
Report terrytp. April 19, 2012 9:41 PM BST
Drogba and people who support the idiot , insult my intelligence' pounf said it right, rugby players get bounced up and down and still get up. It is shocking how this lump gets away with it.
Report sheihadul April 19, 2012 10:01 PM BST
Pounf
19 Apr 12 18:11
Joined:  04 Feb 02 | Topic/replies: 3,198 | Blogger: Pounf's blog
If you look at Rugby players running at full speed and how they manage to stay upright, then footballers who are felled when they encounter a slight breeze....are we even talking about the same species ?

Well noticed, Rugby is indeed a different sport than football. Of course mostly it isn't impossible for football players to stay on their legs when they get touched lightly while running at full speed. Football rules and regulations just makes it more attractive to drop rather than to keep on running.
Report tobellie April 19, 2012 10:07 PM BST
my picture on tv went off for a second so i gave it a slap at the side drogba fell over
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com