Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Bottom_of_the_League
17 Mar 12 18:22
| Topic/replies: 2,465 | Blogger: Bottom_of_the_League's blog
I was going to come on and ask for someone to lay me a bet on Tottenham -1.5 but kindly someone matched me before I could even post (must've been an arb somewhere).

Any opinions on this? Spurs to win easily for me, especially against that Bolton defence.
Pause Switch to Standard View Tottenham v Bolton
Show More
Report Ali_Bomaye March 17, 2012 7:03 PM GMT
youtube video posted on here it was horrible seeing him... he was in some pain. Just soo hurtful
Report MARILYNMANSON March 17, 2012 7:04 PM GMT
Danwil one of the best post' I have seen, not over the top.
Report YOMOMMA March 17, 2012 7:04 PM GMT
IT WAS RIGHT TO ABANDON THE GAME.

BETFAIR SHOULD VOID ALL BETS. THEY SETTLE ANY THAT HAVE BEEN UNCONDITIONALLY DETERMINED COS THEY LOVE GETTING THE COMMISSION.
ALL BETS WITH BOOKMAKERS ARE VOID.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
DAMN

DAMN

DAMN
Report tino8888 March 17, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
Marlynmanson & ESP east lower you both are a total disgrace!  Bunch of scumbags!!!!
Report YOMOMMA March 17, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
Report MARILYNMANSON March 17, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
DR Cypionate, aimed at all the bill***tters on here, if you take umbridge, I take you are one?
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:06 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 2:05PM, tino8888 wrote:

Marlynmanson & ESP east lower you both are a total disgrace!

Report andybfc March 17, 2012 7:06 PM GMT
bets have been refunded
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:06 PM GMT
one of the best post' I have seen, not over the top.
Report tino8888 March 17, 2012 7:06 PM GMT
Marlynmanson & ESP east lower gooner you both are a total disgrace!  Bunch of scumbags!!!!
Report YOMOMMA March 17, 2012 7:07 PM GMT
MINE AIN'T ANDY I LAYED TOTTENHAM CLEAN SHEET. UNCONDITIONALLY DETERMINED SO IT STAYS SETTLED.
Report moisok March 17, 2012 7:07 PM GMT
there you are - hope you are happy to have the money back you shouldnt have been betting with in the first place
Report MARILYNMANSON March 17, 2012 7:07 PM GMT
tino.....please say explain what I have said that is wrong?
Report YOMOMMA March 17, 2012 7:08 PM GMT
I'VE TAKEN A HIT. FEEL SICK.

WILL GET OVER IT IN A FEW MONTHS.

HOPE MUAMBA IS GOING TO PULL THROUGH.
Report MARILYNMANSON March 17, 2012 7:08 PM GMT
Still no offers to give up the money they were prepared to win/lose to the BHF.................enough said. Sheep.
Report mesmerised March 17, 2012 7:08 PM GMT
East London Gooner
you cant abandon a game for this.
wish Muamba all the best. hope he pulls through. but abandoning it?? yikes. that's a bit over the top.
Another blow to the FA Cup....United pulling out, weakened teams, low attendences, now this.

Oh dear, not often I'm ashamed to be a gooner but that takes the biscuit, muppet.
Report duffy March 17, 2012 7:10 PM GMT
ELG'S post is the worst by a country mile that i've ever read on here i'm afraid to say.
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:10 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 2:08PM, MARILYNMANSON wrote:

Still no offers to give up the money they were prepared to win/lose to the BHF.................enough said. Sheep.

When will you stop poisoning this thread with talk of money ****!

Grow up and knock it off!

Report STEPTOES YARD March 17, 2012 7:10 PM GMT
ELG been doing it on here for long time looking for a reaction
Report DAVID VILLA 7 March 17, 2012 7:11 PM GMT
pisses me off betfair i really feel saddened about poor muamba dont get me wrong but the **** have taken my 200 quid profit, yet they settle markets when a tennis player quits through injury and you lose its all in their favour
Report songsforthedeaf March 17, 2012 7:12 PM GMT
Come on guys, just be sensible. This not the thread for petty insults and point scoring, please think for a second.

Im not one for going over the top with mourning either...I did not know the guy, his death cannot mean much to me... but still, I would like to make something good of this.

I only had a £20 bet on this game, it is not much of a sacrifice, but I will donate it to a charity. One which saves lives, either here in the UK or abroad. Thats all.
Report RMB © March 17, 2012 7:12 PM GMT
Top post sftd. Well said.
Report dimebar8 March 17, 2012 7:12 PM GMT
people trying to act all righteous on here you're a bunch of jokers calling others scumbags n all the other stuff when every single day 1000's die, children murdered etc but because it's not a member of a football team or you don't see it on your tv screen you don't give a sh1t then try be all sentimental and righteous on a football forum attacking anyone that doesn't share the same view as you.

everyone's entitled to their opinion, just because you don't agree to it doesn't make it wrong
Report songsforthedeaf March 17, 2012 7:12 PM GMT
^I should say that we do not know if he is dead, and that I sincerely hope him or anyone in that situation will pull through
Report jorgenmac March 17, 2012 7:13 PM GMT
does betfair have a w*nker filter on these forums? some people need to have a long hard think about the crap that comes out of there mouths.
Report Insanity Later March 17, 2012 7:13 PM GMT
A new low for ELG, an ex Arsenal player too. Jeezus wept.
Report tino8888 March 17, 2012 7:13 PM GMT
East lower gooners comments are totally outrageous & should be slammed, who gives a flying f**k about the match or money bet on the game.
Nobody should be saying that game shouldn't have been abandoned.
Report moisok March 17, 2012 7:13 PM GMT
you are sick dv7 and on a wind up  what does a few quid matter !!??
Report Danwil March 17, 2012 7:14 PM GMT
Marilyn, i'll be honest - i'm well up this season, but i'm a small time player - level stakes £6 a bet. I only work 3 days a week - I struggle to pay the bills - don't feel sorry for me.

If I were in a position to, I think your suggestion of donating money to the British Heart Foundation is a good one - and perhaps some of the big players need to consider this - maybe i'll see if I can donate a tenner or something.
Report Billywizz March 17, 2012 7:14 PM GMT
Match has been abandoned, I had £30 green screen what happens to my money??
Report MARILYNMANSON March 17, 2012 7:14 PM GMT
Songs..........good points made I am not going to say anymore on the matter, but will join you in a donation to charity. Fair play, and all the best to you, and more importantly Muamba and all people who are ill in the world, may your god look over you.
Report DAVID VILLA 7 March 17, 2012 7:15 PM GMT
im not sick at all i care deeply but 200 quid is 200 quid
Report MARILYNMANSON March 17, 2012 7:15 PM GMT
Fair play to you Danwil, as well, GN to this thread.
Report moisok March 17, 2012 7:15 PM GMT
so some are quite happy to allow people to make sick statements and leave them unchallenged
Report DAVID VILLA 7 March 17, 2012 7:15 PM GMT
billywizz you lose it, i lost 200 on correct score all green
Report youngmyre March 17, 2012 7:16 PM GMT
I think it is only right and fair that the game be stopped ..

The player could be dead , hopefully he pulls through ..

How can anyone expect the other players to carryon , when one of their teammates is in such a bad way ..
Report Mr Spock March 17, 2012 7:17 PM GMT
I realise that 100% of people on here don't know him or the rest of the 2 teams(including me)but because of my interest in the game they become part of my life for 90 mins. The least we can do is show some respect when one of them gets seriously injured and forgo whether we have won or lost.
Report Marcce March 17, 2012 7:17 PM GMT
The gooner thought he was being funny.

He was badly wrong with that thought.
Report Mr Spock March 17, 2012 7:17 PM GMT
Make that 99.99%
Report jamesdean March 17, 2012 7:18 PM GMT
Songforthedeaf good gesture would've been a great gesture if done privately and not shared it with a public forum.
Report moisok March 17, 2012 7:19 PM GMT
like I said  - and you are worried about a few quid!!??
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:20 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 2:14PM, MARILYNMANSON wrote:

Songs..........good points made I am not going to say anymore on the matter, but will join you in a donation to charity. Fair play, and all the best to you, and more importantly Muamba and all people who are ill in the world, may your god look over you.

How much are your putting towards the heart foundation??

Your trying to play the self righteous smart mouth on here, its only right that your will be contributing heavily to this worthy cause???

Report Mariner Paul March 17, 2012 7:20 PM GMT
Why is anybody surprised when insensitive morons post seriously sick stuff on here? The fact is they wouldn't say the same thing in public. It's the sick world that we live in.
Report Bottom_of_the_League March 17, 2012 7:21 PM GMT
If there had been a downpour of snow causing the game to be abandoned with 5 minutes lefts all bets would've been voided just the same. Get over it.

The tennis situation is totally different. Bookmakers either pay out after one point completed, one set, two sets or match complete. Betfair chose to settle bets when one set is complete. You know the rules before you bet, so if you don't like it then bet elsewhere or don't bet. Just like everyone knows the rules regarding abandonments in football.
Report STEPTOES YARD March 17, 2012 7:22 PM GMT
those posting sick comments best ignored. The whole point of them doing it is to get a reaction off others
Report YOMOMMA March 17, 2012 7:23 PM GMT
How do you think his team mates would feel when he's been rushed off to hospital. Of course the game had to be abandoned.

I didn't know the rules of football abandonments botl as it doesn't happen too often.
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:23 PM GMT
BREAKING NEWS: Ambulance crew confirms that they got Muamba breathing again.
Report Oh no!! not another Villa fan March 17, 2012 7:23 PM GMT
Mariner Paul 17 Mar 12 19:20 
Why is anybody surprised when insensitive morons post seriously sick stuff on here? The fact is they wouldn't say the same thing in public. It's the sick world that we live in.

Keyboard warriors mate, hide in their bedrooms, heaven only knows what else they are looking at on their comps.
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:24 PM GMT
Thats according to LFC website
Report duffy March 17, 2012 7:24 PM GMT
Is anyone that is complaining that the game should have carried on ...currently red on the game?
Report icfkev March 17, 2012 7:24 PM GMT
hey guys chill out if you want to make some money lay fenerbahce against galatasaray its all galatasaray at the mo.
Report moisok March 17, 2012 7:24 PM GMT
would you think every comment you thought bad should therefore remain unchallenged
if it wasn't then it would appear that everyone thought the way of the wallet watchers !!?? and that no one has any compassion
Report Bottom_of_the_League March 17, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
Fair enough YOMOMMA but if you're betting on a market, it is your responsibility to know the rules. My point (not aimed at you specifically) was that you can't come on here crying afterwards because the rules have been applied.
Report sideshowbob March 17, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
When a celebrity like Michael Jackson or Amy Winehouse dies, or when thousands get killed in a tsunami or earthquake forums are full people laughing and joking about it. When this happens, someone innocently asks what happens to their bet and theyre treated like hitler. Calm down people.
Report MoneyBagger March 17, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
That thing about the ambulance crew was posted on Twitter. Am dubious about the source but hope its true,
Report moisok March 17, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
that is very very good news
Report Mr Spock March 17, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
Dr C hope that's correct.
Report songsforthedeaf March 17, 2012 7:26 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 2:18PM, jamesdean wrote:

Songforthedeaf good gesture would've been a great gesture if done privately and not shared it with a public forum.

I understand what you are saying jamesdean, am saying it to spur people on to do the same. I cannot be the only one who is a bit lazy with charity donations,when I can well afford to give. Its good to encourage people to give, I am not doing it to try and prove a point.

Well, I have donated my bet to a charity, lovely if anyone else does the same.

Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:26 PM GMT
Hope so myself it was posted by some guy on the lfc forum here:

Sajad Gulzar BREAKING: Ambulance crew confirms that they got Muamba breathing again.
3 minutes ago · Like
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:26 PM GMT
cant really find much else at the min
Report Pandorica March 17, 2012 7:27 PM GMT
Is that just some random forumite on LFC, Dr C?
Report moisok March 17, 2012 7:27 PM GMT
if there are deaths you certainly won't get me joking about them - maybe I come from a different era
Report icfkev March 17, 2012 7:27 PM GMT
similar to the player that died few years ago was it marc vivien foe?
Report YOMOMMA March 17, 2012 7:29 PM GMT
botl I don't like the betfair rules on abandonments as I put on a lot of arbs. I think I'm best off not using them too much in the future as this has done my head in.
Report Jinkie March 17, 2012 7:29 PM GMT
"the strange mentality and lack of compassion on here sickens me"

True, but on the other hand you wouldn't go looking for trading advice on Mumsnet so why expect any basic decency on a forum for gamblers?

I feel sorry for the guy, and I hope he pulls through. But if I'm being brutally honest with myself, any anger or sadness I feel just now is really about the Wycombe game ending 4-1 when I had 50 quid on o5.5
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:29 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 2:27PM, Pandorica wrote:

Is that just some random forumite on LFC, Dr C?

Yes, Believe what you want with that, im just passing it on

Report moisok March 17, 2012 7:30 PM GMT
yes I think that says a lot about you jinkie
Report Viva Pataca March 17, 2012 7:30 PM GMT
Best of luck to him.....really hope he pulls thrrough.

Also hope this incident is a lesson to those concerned - more work to be done on this deadly killer.

A lot of us play sports - we would like to be able to play with our health guaranteed!

But the most important thing now is that Muamba recovers...good luck Muamba.
Report Pandorica March 17, 2012 7:30 PM GMT
Jinkie

True, but on the other hand you wouldn't go looking for trading advice on Mumsnet so why expect any basic decency on a forum for gamblers?

To be honest I'd rather get my trading advice from Mumsnet than here.
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:31 PM GMT
heres another:

Lee Brown Paramedics have confirmed that he is breathing again. But still is fighting for his life ♥
2 seconds ago · Like
Report Pandorica March 17, 2012 7:32 PM GMT
OK - Thanks Dr C.
I'll wait for official news agencies then - rather than repeat unsubstantiated rumour from a boss man at a Halal meat packers
Plain
Report treetop March 17, 2012 7:34 PM GMT
Hope that info is correct Dr C, had a heart attack myself 10 years ago and it ain't fun. Still around, thoughnot as serious as this one sounds.On a pragmatic note BF should have contingency plans for such extreme events as the methods of gambling offered are fast moving and very risky and people are entitled to stand above the simpering sentiment and want some direction. I am not affected at all but neither do I wish to see complete emotional shutdowns on every sad event.
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:35 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 2:32PM, Pandorica wrote:

OK - Thanks Dr C.I'll wait for official news agencies then - rather than repeat unsubstantiated rumour from a boss man at a Halal meat packers

you wait for your official news agency then..log off here and watch ****ing sky news then snotty ass hole!

Report dimebar8 March 17, 2012 7:35 PM GMT
haha there's the Dr Cypionate i recognise... thought you were being too soft
Report Pandorica March 17, 2012 7:36 PM GMT
That's the reasoning you put behind your Sajad Gulzar 'news' is it?
http://www.facebook.com/sajjad.gulzar?sk=wall
Report Bottom_of_the_League March 17, 2012 7:36 PM GMT
I used to arb a lot too YOMOMMA, when bookmakers didn't shut you down after one bet. I made a lot of money from it, and you have to know the rules and how to use them in your favour. One example if you're arbing across betting sites with different rules:  At the end of the tennis season, a lot of the top players retire injured after playing many matches over the course of the year. Back them to win at short odds at a match complete bookmaker, lay them (arb) on Betfair. If they retire after the first set then bingo. If their opponent retires, it's only a small loss relative to what you could've won if the other player retired. I used to stick to only laying 1.4 and shorter on Betfair with mixed rules like that.
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:37 PM GMT
**** off pandorica..why you still on here?..you wouldn't wanna be reading unconfirmed rumour now would we!
Report Pandorica March 17, 2012 7:38 PM GMT
Not the time nor the place Dr C - grow up
Report G1_Jockey_4 March 17, 2012 7:38 PM GMT
one things for sure.
the red tops will be loving this

seeing who gets the best picture published.

never forget when foe died the tw4ts showed him dieing on the front page of the mirror.
utter utter vile scum
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:38 PM GMT
Ok then lets not pass on any info then until sky confirm everything...****
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:39 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 2:32PM, Pandorica wrote:

OK - Thanks Dr C.I'll wait for official news agencies then - rather than repeat unsubstantiated rumour from a boss man at a Halal meat packers

Not the time nor the place..GROW UP!

Report YOMOMMA March 17, 2012 7:39 PM GMT
Yer botl. It's only money I'll get over it. More important things in life. Like hope the player is going to be alright. I'm out, see you later.
Report Pandorica March 17, 2012 7:40 PM GMT
Lets it pass.
Report maggot March 17, 2012 7:40 PM GMT
A guy fighting for his life, and children on here hurling insults at each other about it. Says alot about the football forum, if you ask me.
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:42 PM GMT
Eveer heard of the phrase "dont shoot the messenger" pandorica??

not the time nor the place.
Report Pandorica March 17, 2012 7:43 PM GMT
Shh
Report icfkev March 17, 2012 7:45 PM GMT
hope all you hot heads took my advice and layed fenerbahce and take the profit...........
Report icfkev March 17, 2012 7:47 PM GMT
icfkev • March 17, 2012 7:24 PM GMT
hey guys chill out if you want to make some money lay fenerbahce against galatasaray its all galatasaray at the mo.

previous post

good shout kev
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:49 PM GMT
I have some decent info on this thats just been posted elsewhere however, il keep it to myself due to the self righteous tits on here...oh and kev..not the time nor the thread for that.
Report Hamsterdam March 17, 2012 7:53 PM GMT
Dr.Cypionate is terminal forum seether dirtman, who accidently posted his ebay account on here once ....his buying history contained a xxxl green bay packers top and nose-hair clippers Laugh
Report Dr.Cypionate March 17, 2012 7:56 PM GMT
Excuse me?..not the time or the thread for jokes and japes weirdo.
Report mesmerised March 17, 2012 7:56 PM GMT
At the end of the tennis season, a lot of the top players retire injured after playing many matches over the course of the year

Not sure why all this is relevant now, but for the record 56 of the 95 retired players on the ATP tour retired before June 15th near the half way point according to my tennis spreadsheets.

never forget when foe died the tw4ts showed him dieing on the front page of the mirror.
utter utter vile scum

Remember that like it was yesterday, picked it up on the way to sixth form college, their excuse was the world had already seen it on live TV, you have to laugh at how scum justify themselves when sensationalising a sad death, they forgot to mention the little kids walking into the shops who hadn't seen it, who wants to see a dead man on thee front cover of a national newspaper ffs, karma has got them back with the phone hacking  scandal in some way.
Report Steamship March 17, 2012 8:10 PM GMT
Just makes you think that we do not know from one hour to the next what is in store for us. Good time to give someone you care about a quick call.

Hope he pulls through and I just hear he is stable fingers crossed for him.
Report Dr Kim March 17, 2012 8:11 PM GMT
Sky News just reported that he is now in a stable condition
Report Fela Kuti March 17, 2012 8:13 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 3:11PM, Dr Kim wrote:

Sky News just reported that he is now in a stable condition

Hopefully sounds positive

Report Danwil March 17, 2012 8:13 PM GMT
Thank f***.
Report onlooker March 17, 2012 8:17 PM GMT
Fingers crossed he can pull through, and improve.
Report Rodan March 17, 2012 8:27 PM GMT
I would venture to suggest that in instances like this is becomes quite who on here is full of sh1t and who isn't. Anyone bemoaning the loss of potential winnings here is either too close to the breadline to be trading on here anyway, or very sad indeed..
Report Danwil March 17, 2012 8:34 PM GMT
Well said Rodan.
Report Glossy March 17, 2012 8:50 PM GMT
I won't even look through this thread because I know what sort of low-lifes this forum attracts. It's a very sad reflection on modern society but I suggest the Betfair mods use it as an opportunity to rid the place of some of the vile specimens.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com