Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paulcarm
11 Mar 12 19:04
| Topic/replies: 2,062 | Blogger: paulcarm's blog
Seems to me there are three important things that help you win on Betfair...

1. Research your bets. Carefully select your games. Don't be spontaneous

2. Use your bank to make relatively small amounts

3. Don't panic if you have a setback. Don't chase losses. Stay in control of your temperament

I'm no expert. Still learning. After a good weekend these rules have worked quite well.

Anyone else got thoughts on good betting practice?
Pause Switch to Standard View Winning on Betfair
Show More
Report avi315 March 11, 2012 6:05 PM GMT
point 2 is rubbish
Report E.W.7 March 11, 2012 6:07 PM GMT
point 1 too
Report SrgtDouche March 11, 2012 6:08 PM GMT
paul you provided me some advice and cuz I agreed you got a HARD on and made this thread. Epic fail. Point 2 is gash... 1 also to a certain extent.
Report paulcarm March 11, 2012 6:09 PM GMT
douche, I didnt know you agreed with me. i couldnt give a f*ck to be honest. away and drown in your tears. i started the thread because these rules work for me and ive had a good weekend
Report viva el presidente! March 11, 2012 6:20 PM GMT
those saying point 2 is rubbish are v probably long term losers, imo.
Report berto77 March 11, 2012 6:28 PM GMT
I think everyone would agree with 3.  If by 2 you backing at short odds / laying long odds, long term success depends entirely a sensible staking plan.  One over staking mistake on a short odds fave is lethal for the bank.  And the temptation for 3 can then be irresistible.

Hope you enjoy continued success OP.
Report The Forum Breader March 11, 2012 6:33 PM GMT
Thinly veiled 'Im a retard who does my conkers every weekend but this weekend for the first time ever I have finished up' imo.
Report paulcarm March 11, 2012 6:56 PM GMT

Mar 11, 2012 -- 7:33PM, The Forum Breader wrote:

Thinly veiled 'Im a retard who does my conkers every weekend but this weekend for the first time ever I have finished up' imo.

You have misspelt your username you f*cking idiot and you call me a retard!

Report viva el presidente! March 11, 2012 7:04 PM GMT
don't think pt 2 means lumping on at short odds. if it does, then yes, that honking sound is the poor bus parked up ahead waiting for him.
Report bob_terwilliger March 11, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
The Forum Breader (sic) like to be an arse to everyone
Report bob_terwilliger March 11, 2012 7:06 PM GMT
Report paulcarm March 11, 2012 7:23 PM GMT
viva, regaring point 2, what I mean is e.g. this weekend i bet £150 on norwich v west brom being under 4.5. that won me £25. if there were a couple of early goals i would have cashed out and taken a small loss. i think that was a pretty safe bet and I used by bank to make a little bit of money. i went through a spell of losing quite regularly because I was looking for a big win. ive realised that, for me anyway, it's best to use a sizeable bank to make smaller amounts and if the game isnt going as expected I get out and cut my losses
Report Coachbuster March 11, 2012 7:27 PM GMT
3. Don't panic if you have a setback. Don't chase losses. Stay in control of your temperament

this is so important
Report pipunch March 11, 2012 7:29 PM GMT
Srg'i just lost all my money and now i want to kill myselfSad'Douche says you're wrong, so you must be.
Report viva el presidente! March 11, 2012 7:34 PM GMT
what percentage of your total bank was the 150?
Report paulcarm March 11, 2012 7:41 PM GMT
i was full bank on man utd over 1.5 today (£125) and then again with norwich under 4.5 (£150)
Report viva el presidente! March 11, 2012 7:53 PM GMT
so what happens if there are 2 goals in the first five minutes? or if the site goes down?
Report paulcarm March 11, 2012 8:06 PM GMT
worst case scenario is you lose the lot i suppose and then need to start over. if there were two early goals at norwich i would have waited 10 minutes and watched the odds and decided whether I should cut my losses or hold on
Report viva el presidente! March 11, 2012 8:15 PM GMT
and then if there's a third goal after 7? you're going to trade out for what, an 80%+ all round loss?

do this for long enough and you'll see pretty much everything, however unlikely or impossible it seems beforehand.

you don't make money long term by going all in, because even if you're betting at value sooner or later you lose the lot.
Report paulcarm March 11, 2012 8:25 PM GMT
I agree that going full bank is very risky. I did it twice today but i know it's not a good strategy. if I had a grand banked I wouldnt bet more than 200 on a bet.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com