Forums

Exchange Games

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
scorp
22 Oct 13 14:05
| Topic/replies: 10 | Blogger: scorp's blog
Ive never used betfair games before and after reading some of the comments here it is certainly enough to make me think twice, I do have a bit of dilema as I have a strategy which I know works....but this only works if these truly are random games.

Checking the games history for 24 hours over a 5 day period, not once has an event happened were I would loose money, can anyone relate to this in terms of thinking this is fail safe only to have a ridiculous run which wipes you out?
Show More
Report Petera October 29, 2013 10:12 AM GMT
5 days is nowhere near enough to test a system ; 6 months minimum data.
Report nzbot October 30, 2013 7:26 PM GMT
I think the best way to find out is to download games statistics and test your strategy against past data. If your system works for the last 6 or 12 months, then it could be a good idea to try it out with real money. Good luck!
Report Heeeere's Johnny November 1, 2013 1:02 PM GMT
24 hours over a 5 day period

I agree that this is too short a period to get any meaningful figures from.

I have a strategy which I know works

You understand that this is mathematically impossible over the long term given that you are betting into a 101% market?

only to have a ridiculous run which wipes you out

Once you have a large sample of data you can calculate the standard deviation and use this to perform a risk of ruin calculation.  This will allow you to find a sensible stake amount for your bankroll.
Report Jazza November 1, 2013 5:05 PM GMT
Download xfeeder lite, which is free, assuming your system can be automated. If you get stuck with xfeeder I may be able to help as I've been using it for years.

Good luck
Report noadis May 4, 2014 7:51 AM BST
Out of interest I have a couple of questions if anyone would like to indulge me....  Presumably the 'random' numbers are being generated from an independent 3rd party & secondly how are they generated?
Report Jazza May 4, 2014 2:16 PM BST
Good question which only BF can answer. Send customer support a mail. I'd be very interested in their reply. Bye the way, you do know BF flood the markets with their money, so 99.9% of the time you are playing against BF money?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com