Forums

Exchange Games

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Brusselmans
03 May 12 11:35
| Topic/replies: 2 | Blogger: Brusselmans's blog
Hey all,

This is the first time I write a topic on this forum but I've been a reader of the forum for a very long time.

A lot of people seem to complain on here that everything is fixed etc... But if you think it's fixed, why keep on playing?
If you have that much money to "waist" why don't you give it away to a good cause?

As far as the "fixing" of Betfair exchange games? I don't agree. Ok, there are a lot of "weird" hands. But if you know this, why don't you change your game play?

I've been playing a long time Betfair exchange games, and I did lose money aswell in the beginning than I changed my strategy and played the way the exchange games work....result...I keep on winning and winning

Advice;

- Play the unexpected
- You all say that you know which cards will come, play accorandly than
- Don't chase losses
- Even stakes
- Good bank management
Show More
Report skribr May 3, 2012 5:05 PM BST
I agree, it is straightforward probability and statistics. To all those who claim that the games are fixed:

A) Why do you keep playing if you believe they are fixed?

B) If you know what is going to happen next, then back or lay accordingly.

Most people don't remember when the going is good and you back 4 or 5 winners in a row. You only take notice once you start losing.
Report skribr May 3, 2012 5:18 PM BST
I agree, the games are based on straightforward probability and statistics.

Check the data for wins, e.g. Texas Hold'em for a run of 1000 games on any given day. You will see near enough 250 wins for each of the four hands. A 100/1 'freak' event will happen on average once in a hundred plays. If you pull out some statistics text books the probability of it happening in any run of 100 games is only around 63.4%

Most people don't remember when the going is good and you back 4 or 5 winners in a row. You only take notice once you start losing.

If there is a possibility, even a small chance, of an event occurring, it will. These games run 24/7 365 days a year. All 'freak' events 200/1 shots will happen and there will be someone playing to see it happen.

An example was the recent Man Utd vs Everton game. At the 82nd minute Man Utd were 4-2 up. Over £1 million was traded on Betfair at 1.02. Then Everton came back to score two goals in the 83rd and 85th minute.

So depending on your position, either a lot of people made a lot of money or a lot of people lost a lot.

My advice would be that if you have a habit of picking the losing hand, change your strategy or lay accordingly.
Report skribr May 3, 2012 5:18 PM BST
I agree, the games are based on straightforward probability and statistics.

Check the data for wins, e.g. Texas Hold'em for a run of 1000 games on any given day. You will see near enough 250 wins for each of the four hands. A 100/1 'freak' event will happen on average once in a hundred plays. If you pull out some statistics text books the probability of it happening in any run of 100 games is only around 63.4%

If there is a possibility, even a small chance, of an event occurring, it will. These games run 24/7 365 days a year. All 'freak' events 200/1 shots will happen and there will be someone playing to see it happen.

An example was the recent Man Utd vs Everton game. At the 82nd minute Man Utd were 4-2 up. Over £1 million was traded on Betfair at 1.02. Then Everton came back to score two goals in the 83rd and 85th minute.

So depending on your position, either a lot of people made a lot of money or a lot of people lost a lot.

My advice would be that if you have a habit of picking the losing hand, change your strategy or lay accordingly.
Report Grunweld May 9, 2012 1:06 PM BST
skribr
03 May 12 17:18

I must admit that was a very good example of an "Exchange Game" Confused
Report Brusselmans May 10, 2012 11:11 AM BST
I had an even better game last Sunday. I'm Belgian and Anderlecht supporter. It was the titel game against our biggest rivals Club Brugge.

Anderlecht needed a point to be crowned champions. In the 71th min Brugge scored. I had a feeling that Anderlecht would still get the point. In the 90th min the ref showed 5 min of extra time. Anderlecht was pressing like mad. Odds to lay Brugge at this point where 1.04. I layed Brugge for €5.000.

93th min penalty for Anderlecht....They scored and where crowned champions and I had €5.000 to celebrate :)

Tip for tonight, Lay Brugge when they score....Racing Genk is specialized in come backs.They've done it 3 times already in this years Championships play offs....Thank me later :)
Report Flutter_kid May 14, 2012 9:16 PM BST
Nice post. Sensible and legible.

Peace out, chums.
Report jaymopaper May 22, 2012 5:47 PM BST
What a load of boll ox.You can`t have a strategey on these games.The Games play you.You don`t play the games.They are fixed and it digusts Me that Betfair get away with it.Brusselmans you say you now WIN WIN WIN !!!
Paste and post some proof.My guess is your a Betfair Employee just posting some positives.Please prove me wrong.
I`ve noticed in Postings on this Forum that on several occasions People have come on here with the "fixed" shout and moaned about there losses.Certain individuals have come back at them with comments disbelieving there losses only to be proved wrong when there statements have been Pasted and Posted.
Personally i think all those that Post on here claiming to Win and Win regulary are Betfair Employees or just Blag accounts set up by Betfair so they can Post up Positive feedback for People to read.
C`MON ALL YOU "WINNERS" LETS SEE SOME PROOF !!!!!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com