Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
15 Dec 20 20:00
| Topic/replies: 15,655 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
8/1 THE DRAW IS GIGANTIC, Wink
Pause Switch to Standard View I TEST AUSTRALIA V INDIA, 4 MATCH SERIES
Show More
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 9:47 AM GMT
Adelaide not known for draws, weather looks good and it's a day night match, plus two big hitters not playing. As per normal I will wait for the toss.
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 12:52 PM GMT
Sorry, I thought Kohli was missing this test. He plays this one and then misses the rest of the series.
Report Whisperingdeath December 16, 2020 1:45 PM GMT
Cannot really look past Aussie I am sad to say. Their batting may come under scrutiny again but being on home soil this should bolster their chances. Umesh needs to be able to bowl en pointe and get swing otherwise India have a problem that even Houston would not solve.

Rahane is a favourite of mine but is he past his best? Can Shaw curb his enthusiasm. Will Saha bat like he can? I'd rather have Panty. I would have liked to seen Iyer get his chance but maybe better to get him in the side at home.

Australian bowling is formidable but much will be about who bats under lights. India can swing it too. I am not sure i would want to be betting on this game. I think some of you swing traders might have some fun though so might follow some advice with a shekel to keep it interesting but not going big.

Is there any reason why KL Rahul was not selected for the squad? I would have him ahead of Shaw.
Report Whisperingdeath December 16, 2020 1:50 PM GMT
Ok stupid question of the day.

What time is 04:00 GMTLaugh?
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 2:15 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2020 -- 7:50AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Ok stupid question of the day. What time is 04:00 GMT?

Far too early, get up around 6.30ish and watch the last two sessions.

Report Whisperingdeath December 16, 2020 2:29 PM GMT
You have got to be kidding man!

I have been starved of decent competitive test cricket. I cannot wait. The only question is vin rouge or rum and coke?

The big question remains the same is 04:00 GMT the same as 04:00 Blighty?
Report Whisperingdeath December 16, 2020 2:57 PM GMT
Susssed it.

04:00 GMT is and you might find this hard to believe but 04:00 Blighty! Happy Days!
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 7:35 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2020 -- 8:29AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

You have got to be kidding man!I have been starved of decent competitive test cricket. I cannot wait. The only question is vin rouge or rum and coke?The big question remains the same is 04:00 GMT the same as 04:00 Blighty?

Mr Death, I take it you missed N.Z v WindiesLaughLaugh I wish I did as I'm down 2.2 over the 2 matches. I fully expect to make up on this one though.
The big question is do I stay up all night for the toss/start or do I wake up for the 2nd session?
Aus at 1.74 looks short for me pre toss. I would want around 14s for the draw.

Report the whizz kids December 17, 2020 1:49 AM GMT
I wish BF would sort this problem of being logged into the forum but not being able to post anything, it drives me nuts.AngryAngryAngry
Report GURUBOB December 17, 2020 2:47 AM GMT
Should be a cracking match
Report the whizz kids December 17, 2020 3:37 AM GMT
India win the toss and bat first. 2.9 India looks good.
Report ghoststory. December 17, 2020 3:41 AM GMT
That was a pretty Interesting Stat. In the 21 tests Kohli has won the toss India has never lost
Report the whizz kids December 17, 2020 3:43 AM GMT
To trade.
Report the whizz kids December 17, 2020 3:45 AM GMT
BT get this sh1te offAngry
Report GURUBOB December 17, 2020 4:06 AM GMT
That was absolutely plumb
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 5:02 AM GMT
I got to be honest wizz, I couldn't even get a semi on for NZ v WI

Been listening to Radio5lsx if you think the tv is sheite may I suggest you listen to the voice of Summer Jim Maxwell and friends though I like Nannes and Chapelli, the latter particularly for me has a good handle on how the game is going. Good is you are gambling imho.
Report elisjohn December 17, 2020 5:10 AM GMT
cheers whispering, didnt know it was on radio 5 liveWink
Report elisjohn December 17, 2020 5:22 AM GMT
ive layed back at 6.2Cool
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 5:31 AM GMT
Yes Eli’s bu5 not as we know it. Looks like the Convicts have taken over the station
Report elisjohn December 17, 2020 5:36 AM GMT
it completly ended as we know it, when sir geoff was dropped for meSad
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 9:09 AM GMT
Pretty tough sessions of cricket. Series shaping up nicely as a contest although somewhat dull st times. Real sad about not having Pant to brighten things up with the bat and make you laugh in the field!
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:28 AM GMT
I got to be honest wizz, I couldn't even get a semi on for NZ v WI

I would've thought that was an achievement for a man of your vintageLaugh
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:40 AM GMT
Said I wasn't betting D/N test but the ball is doing nothing so might lay Aus for an hour.
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:57 AM GMT
Wish I did but didn't do it. Seeing Hazlewood on and Cummins warming up - maybe they should go fuller or shorter cos line and length isn't doing much.
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 10:11 AM GMT
Think opposite now. Lyon looking good and new ball due.
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 10:11 AM GMT
Wish I had the ticks from 9:30 to play with.
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 10:35 AM GMT
Skull is such a funny commentator - they should get him over here.
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 10:49 AM GMT
RichieWink
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 10:52 AM GMT
This game is in the balance. India need to bat to stumps without too much damage and keep Aussie in the field tomorrow. Get Aussie in under lights. Hope for Ashwin too. Lyon has bowled well on a first day pitch.

Will there be wear and tear on this wicket?

India doing better than hoped for

Boom

Curse of the commentator!
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 10:53 AM GMT
Plumb first view
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 10:54 AM GMT
Really should have come forward to that. Everyone knows Starc will pitch it up
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 10:55 AM GMT
India completely done by the run out though tbf Aussie has no luck before that
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 10:56 AM GMT
Saha stuck on the crease like a Brit in the headlights
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 10:56 AM GMT
Rabbit
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 10:56 AM GMT
I agree with you that Pant > Saha. I think they picked him on IPL form.
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 10:57 AM GMT
He's not in Sharjah anymoreLaugh
Report Whisperingdeath December 17, 2020 12:01 PM GMT
Saha is Ashley a very good bat and technically correct. He can also whack it around. A bit harsh on him as he is the better keeper and can be a good batsman but I just love watching Pant.

The run out was almost catastrophic fir India. They really must bat through to at least lunch tomorrow. Still anyone’s game. Can’t see the draw
Report peckerdunne December 17, 2020 8:50 PM GMT
more worried about pishing blood at 4 in the morning than watching this test

roll on Safferland Laugh
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:08 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2020 -- 6:01AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Saha is Ashley a very good bat and technically correct. He can also whack it around. A bit harsh on him as he is the better keeper and can be a good batsman but I just love watching Pant.The run out was almost catastrophic fir India. They really must bat through to at least lunch tomorrow. Still anyone’s game. Can’t see the draw

I'm not sure about the keeping standard but I think Pant is a lot closer to the Gilchrist mould; which I think is as good as it gets for a keeper.

Small sample size but Saha has a top test score of 35 in Aus/RSA. Smaller sample size but Pant already has 2 centuries and averages 36 in Aus, NZ and eng.

Saha's FC average is impressive but I don't think you can transpose that into tests. Badrinath averaged over 60 in FC for much of his career and barely got a game.

Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:11 PM GMT
*bigger not smallerCrazy
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:16 PM GMT
Gilchrist averaged 33 in Ind, SL and UAE. Take out SL and it's 28. Similar sample sizes and he basically played for the harlem globetrottersCrazy
Report the whizz kids December 17, 2020 10:11 PM GMT
I'm still getting the problem of being logged in but can't postAngry
All in all a cracking first day for me. Backed India at 2.9 with a top up at 3.8, layed off at tea at 2.9. Then backed Aus at tea at Evs with top ups at 2.7 and 3.2, wow that last hour was mental but kind of expected.
Aus will now not face the new ball under lights which is a good thing for Aus backers but India might just have enough after the first innings to tip it in their ballance.
This can go any way for sure apart from the draw.
I'm currently 6.0 green Aus, 1.7 red India and 2.5 red Draw.
Game on.
Report Whisperingdeath December 18, 2020 5:55 AM GMT
Very unlucky Aussie on both wickets to get Umpires call but on first look I thought both were out.

Really could have done with Pant to take the game to Aus in the middle innings.

This Labuschagne is a hoot
Report Whisperingdeath December 18, 2020 5:58 AM GMT
India really wasted the new ball bowling too short. Dropping   Labuschagne could prove costly
Report Whisperingdeath December 18, 2020 7:18 AM GMT
India to Aussie tail already
Report Whisperingdeath December 18, 2020 9:31 AM GMT
This is fantastic stuff from India particularly after losing their last 4 wickets fir 11 this morning then wasting the new ball.

I like the bowling plans particularly to Smiff and Labuschagne.
Report Whisperingdeath December 18, 2020 10:46 AM GMT
If India bat two full sessions under sun tomorrow they will really be in the box seat. There are signs of uneven bounce and spin may become a factor batting last. Any lead over 60 should be highly significant and much will depend if India have to bat against the new ball tonight under lights. 45 mins left less 10 for change of ends.
Report Whisperingdeath December 18, 2020 11:39 AM GMT
Great day of proper cricket. Not a road, no music, no fancy pyjama's just tough competitive cricket...bloody marvellous!

India should be able to bat two full sessions and maybe a bit more then have a new pink ball under lights. I took a chance on India at 2.95 and am going to let it run as usual. Small bet though. Was really tough to call. I didn't expect Australia to fold although their batting is clearly in disarray.

I think Shaw and Saha were mistakes for India as was Burns for Aus. Two good bowling attacks so every run is vital. Aussie tail is better than India and that might be the decisive factor going into the series. Pant must play. Rahul is in the squad I think for the second test and Rohit Sharma may come in for Kohli. It all promises to be tense and gripping, can't wait for the next installment.
Report Number9 December 18, 2020 12:37 PM GMT
India at 2.95 looks a snip - well done.
Report Whisperingdeath December 18, 2020 1:04 PM GMT
I think I backed them at two wickets down after the hour mark. It was a bit touch and go. Aus were rightly favourites at home, first game of series and under lights but these are two even matched teams and I just felt Aus were a bit short. I don't like odds on for two even sides on the first day of a match unless on the Indian Sub Continent when the home side bats first.

I think the game is still there for the taking but the lead may prove crucial and a lot will depend if India get the new ball under lights. They have two full sessions under sun and ought to make hay. I also think the pitch may take spin but I will not be backing India at 1.72 not yet anyway!
Report peckerdunne December 18, 2020 1:08 PM GMT
WD read your posts between the lines Laugh not seen a ball, had a few quid on India yesterday at 2.7 so quite happy, only 150 but as im not watching it aint bad..will sit on it for awhile
Report Whisperingdeath December 18, 2020 6:42 PM GMT
Yah

Sit and wait it out me thinks but if India put some runs up I might lump on if 1.6 is still available later on or buy on fall of wickets. See how the pitch plays too. 2.7 is rather tidy!

Second stupid question to Whizz

I suppose you have cleared your history? Restarted computerLaugh
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 10:10 PM GMT
Yeah I even go private browsing and it still doesn't work somtimes, it drives me crazy.
Not the best day for me last night as I had massive green on Aus but managed to trade myself into a good position.
India will win this for two reasons, 1) they have a great lead which will be enough to put the pressure on when it comes to point 2. 2) Aus openers will have to bat under the lights today or Aus tail will have to bat under the lights tomorrow, this will make a huge difference as India will already have the runs on the board.
Without doubt this has been a great test so far but I'm going to wait for India to hit 2.4ish again before I lump on them.
I did manage to get on the Hollie Doyle gamble earlier for SPOTY and backed her at 5.7 for 1.6, she has a massive campaign going and should p1ss up.
Report elisjohn December 19, 2020 4:37 AM GMT
15/1 to 15/5Cry
Report elisjohn December 19, 2020 4:42 AM GMT
and another goneLaughLaughLaugh, 19 -6
Report GURUBOB December 19, 2020 4:43 AM GMT
I think they still might have enough of a lead
Report elisjohn December 19, 2020 5:14 AM GMT
26 -8
Report GURUBOB December 19, 2020 5:19 AM GMT
3/5 for Hazelwood
Report Richie_Burnett December 19, 2020 5:21 AM GMT
Crazy
Report the whizz kids December 19, 2020 5:55 AM GMT
Wow, I this is insane. So glad I greened up. Since the Kohli run out Aus have lost 17 wickets for 92 runs.
Report Richie_Burnett December 19, 2020 6:11 AM GMT
skullLaugh
Report elisjohn December 19, 2020 7:02 AM GMT
lowest ever test score by the indians
Report Whisperingdeath December 19, 2020 7:06 AM GMT
I blinked and I missed it!

Not even had a cup of coffee. Wasn’t sure my eyes deceived me. Lucky enough I did not top up on fall of wicketsLaugh!

Going to drink my coffee and see what has transpired
Report elisjohn December 19, 2020 7:12 AM GMT
quite a stat, of nearly 10 lowest scores in test cricket bar todays , england have been the opposition 8 times, and all the matches have included eng or aus    .
Report Whisperingdeath December 19, 2020 8:15 AM GMT
Most were on uncovered wickets

Funny I was thinking before I went to bed that I should maybe have taken a chance and put a bigger lump on India! I did not even clear my red at 1.68

Good lesson to learn and lucky I didn’t wake up on time to add to my lossBlush
Report peckerdunne December 19, 2020 1:34 PM GMT
36 friggin 30 feckarse 6
Report Try My Best December 19, 2020 1:44 PM GMT
Well done India backers
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com