Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
VardonVoo.
08 Oct 19 17:09
| Topic/replies: 5,492 | Blogger: VardonVoo.'s blog
Apparently Ben Stokes put his wife in a choke-hold during an argument at a cricket award event.

All over twitter.

SPOTY briefly spiked to 3s but is still sub-evens at time of posting.

https://order-order.com/2019/10/08/ben-stokes-choked-wife/
Pause Switch to Standard View Ben Stokes Puts WIfe in Choke-Hold
Show More
Report VardonVoo. October 8, 2019 5:21 PM BST
Could be fake news of course, but just goes to show how sensitive the market is.
Report Angoose October 8, 2019 8:43 PM BST
The wife of the cricketer Ben Stokes has dismissed allegations of a physical altercation between the couple at an awards ceremony.

Pictures have emerged of Stokes and his wife Clare appearing to be embroiled in a confrontation during a Professional Cricketers’ Association prizegiving at the Roundhouse in Camden, north London.

All-rounder Stokes was player of the final when England won the men’s Cricket World Cup for the first time in July, before a remarkable unbeaten century at Headingley lit up the drawn Ashes series with Australia later in the summer.

The 28-year-old Durham player was honoured for his heroics by being awarded the PCA Player of the Year Award at a gala dinner at the Roundhouse on 3 October.

But on Tuesday, a series of images was published on the Guido Fawkes website of what appeared to be an altercation between the couple. In one image, Stokes appeared to have put his left hand on the side of his wife’s face.

Clare Stokes swiftly defended her husband in a Twitter post, which included a photo of her “squishing up” the cricketer’s face as a sign of affection as well as one of them together at the awards night. She claimed a “pap” was trying to twist it into a “crazy story”.

“Unbelievable what nonsense these people will make up!” she said on Twitter. “Me and Ben messing about squishing up each other’s faces cos that’s how we show affection and some pap tries to twist it in to a crazy story! And all before we then have a romantic McDonalds 20 mins later!” Stokes retweeted the post.
Report VardonVoo. October 8, 2019 9:42 PM BST
Of course people who believe that genuine victims of DV would also defend their partner in public will dismiss the wife's claim and
because he's been involved in violence before this may be enough to leave a doubt.

Weak as the other contenders may be it's not very probable, for example, that either Dina A.S. or Katrina J.T. are likely to be exposed for being the 'brown girl in the ring' at a bukakke event.
Report The Prophet October 8, 2019 11:30 PM BST
Disgusting thug....
Report VardonVoo. October 8, 2019 11:55 PM BST
A lot of posters on Mumsnet seem to agree with you:-

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3712415-Ben-Stokes-photos#prettyPhoto
Report detraveller October 9, 2019 1:06 AM BST
Undertaken would hold his victims like that but no one ever said anything. But you do that to a woman and all hell breaks lose. Maybe they were discussing WWE moves. Stokes for knighthood and British sports person of the year. And an Olympic medal too.
Report detraveller October 9, 2019 1:11 AM BST
Fun fact. Undertaker debutd 7 years before stokes was born. Both are still playing.
Report VardonVoo. October 9, 2019 3:11 AM BST
I once went on a date with a publicity agent - she explained to me that high profile stars are sometimes kept out of the press by doing deals that throw lesser stars under the bus instead. It seems those pics do look to quite a few people like a proper argument so it is a bit suspect that they weren't in the news - the wife's denial is not as credible as first thought.

Private Eye often gets hold of stuff leaked by frustrated journos with a suppressed scoop. I'll be scouring the next edition thoroughly if there's still nowt in the press this week.
Report OnePercenter October 9, 2019 8:37 AM BST
Clare Stokes must think the public are simple.
Report The Prophet October 9, 2019 4:09 PM BST
I feel sorry for her.
Report peckerdunne October 9, 2019 4:48 PM BST
Clearly a tender moment between a loving couple.

It's fueled by alcohol obviously and i am unaware of her previous with booze, if any at all, he has form.

Either way you don't manhandle a woman in such a manner.

This is more punishable than a weakness for the odd line.

It's England so fairness will prevail..................Tongue Out
Report VardonVoo. October 9, 2019 5:32 PM BST
"Starrund by yoururrr mayunnn.." (wah wah wah-eeh...)
Report Whisperingdeath October 9, 2019 6:03 PM BST
Lame journalism!
Report VardonVoo. October 10, 2019 9:05 AM BST
Katie Hind (ShowBiz editor at The Mail on Sunday) tweeted the following,
clearly not entirely believing the denial:-

"Just my own personal observation: Ben Stokes looks happier
having his face ‘squished’ for a picture set up by themselves
than his wife Clare does in a scene unknowingly observed
by onlookers (in a public place, just to clarify)".

https://twitter.com/katiehind/status/1181825899366367232
Report elisjohn October 10, 2019 9:11 AM BST
if that how they share their affection, surely they would have a few pics from the past, lets see them
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com