Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jucel69
09 Sep 19 23:36
| Topic/replies: 56,609 | Blogger: jucel69's blog
Pretty sure Boycs thinks it happened 30 years ago!
Pause Switch to Standard View Boycs and Strauss are Knighted
Show More
Report giggitygiggity September 10, 2019 11:43 AM BST
Among those criticising the award was Adina Claire, co-acting chief executive of Women's Aid, who said: "Celebrating a man who was convicted for assaulting his partner sends a dangerous message - that domestic abuse is not taken seriously as a crime.With increasing awareness of domestic abuse, and a domestic abuse bill ready to be taken forward by government, it is extremely disappointing that a knighthood has been recommended for Geoffrey Boycott, who is a convicted perpetrator of domestic abuse."

Responding to Ms Adina's words, Boycott said: "I don't care a toss about her, love."Grin
Report elisjohn September 10, 2019 1:57 PM BST
Laugh
Report trader pj September 10, 2019 2:37 PM BST

Sep 10, 2019 -- 5:43AM, giggitygiggity wrote:

Among those criticising the award was Adina Claire, co-acting chief executive of Women's Aid, who said: "Celebrating a man who was convicted for assaulting his partner sends a dangerous message - that domestic abuse is not taken seriously as a crime.With increasing awareness of domestic abuse, and a domestic abuse bill ready to be taken forward by government, it is extremely disappointing that a knighthood has been recommended for Geoffrey Boycott, who is a convicted perpetrator of domestic abuse."Responding to Ms Adina's words, Boycott said: "I don't care a toss about her, love."

I am with Boycott 100%

Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2019 2:54 PM BST
Very sad this.

I feel so sorry for Geoffrey. He absolutely denies 100% he assaulted this woman. Many of his exe's have gone on record to say he never raised as much as a finger against him. The woman that accused him even admitted to one of her friends she made it all up but he has a conviction in a French Court against him.

I do not agree with giving awards to men who assault women but I do believe 100% Geoffrey is innocent and I think his Knighthood is well deserved!
Report connor September 11, 2019 9:52 AM BST
I'm sure everyone will remember Geoffrey Boycott's steadfast attitude with regard to the Australian fast bowlers in 74/75.  Such selfless courage in the face of hostile questions from journalists about his unavailability to face Lille/Thompson will be forever remembered as the defining example of English batting. The man deserves a Knighthood!!!!!
Report trader pj September 12, 2019 10:14 PM BST
feminist media crap
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com