Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
detraveller
13 Jul 19 22:45
| Topic/replies: 27,844 | Blogger: detraveller's blog
***ENG v NZ - World Cup Final 2019 - Lords***
Pause Switch to Standard View ***ENG v NZ - World Cup Final 2019 -...
Show More
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 8:20 PM BST
root needs a massive bollocking for today, nearly cost his team the WC
Report GRANTCKING July 14, 2019 8:21 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 2:20PM, EUGENE KRABS wrote:

Anyone who had the odds ons treble of England, Djokovic and Weisberger must be shredded

hamilton aswell had a miracle safety car to win the F1

Report Cardinal Scott July 14, 2019 8:24 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 2:17PM, GRANTCKING wrote:

CS I saw durham were selling a season ticket for the blast for like £70 for 7 games I think, decent value, u not tempted?

Not this year, though that is good value if it stays dry.

Report Cardinal Scott July 14, 2019 8:25 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 2:18PM, GRANTCKING wrote:

they signed darcy short aswell I think, so some power in the team

Missed that sounds a great signing! Excited

Report GRANTCKING July 14, 2019 8:30 PM BST
Grin
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 8:32 PM BST
singing archer's praises for the super over lol

1 run away from hanging him guaranteed
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 8:34 PM BST
"straight in" lol

roy is straight in for me
archer I have my doubts...probably should just about get in but he's no lock
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 8:35 PM BST
well said nass
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 8:37 PM BST
the kiwis hate you buttler Grin
Report GRANTCKING July 14, 2019 8:38 PM BST
Grin
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 14, 2019 8:39 PM BST
durham losing bancroft for some t20s as hes been called into
aussie a squad...could get taken for ashes too.
Report johnnythebull July 14, 2019 8:43 PM BST
dragging this out..going on as if they'd won a WC or smth ffs!
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 8:47 PM BST
we are the champions
we are the champions
no time for losers
cause we are the champions
Report Try My Best July 14, 2019 8:58 PM BST
Lost more wickets and didn’t score more runs and you end up winning it. What has the game come to
Report Lucky Sod July 14, 2019 9:02 PM BST
The moment i will always remember is getting a six , by hitting two runs and then the ball hitting the diving batsman on the hat and going for a four.
Report Lucky Sod July 14, 2019 9:07 PM BST
just read about it i thought it hit his hat but was bat handle:Stokes hits the next ball out into the deep and picks up two before the throw ricochets off his bat handle and rolls away to the boundary for four overthrows - meaning six are scores off the ball
Report TerryHurlock July 14, 2019 9:18 PM BST
just watching the hilights...the game had everything
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 9:23 PM BST
1 of the best games ever T...bitesize highlights really doesn't do it justice
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 9:24 PM BST
it had the sort of slow burner that is normally the preserve of tests

a thrilling game, a most thrilling game
Report TerryHurlock July 14, 2019 9:24 PM BST
yeah was far too short jeesus,im worn out
Report wondersobright July 14, 2019 9:25 PM BST
gunna watch the verdict & then the full game highlights
then my head gunna hit the pillow
Report TerryHurlock July 14, 2019 9:27 PM BST
yeah feet up time...a wonderful day
Report SontaranStratagem July 14, 2019 9:29 PM BST
Stokes diving and the ball ricocheting of his bat for 4 overthrows will go down as the most jammiest thing in sport ever

I'm sad it had to be New Zealand, if only it could have happened to that nice fellow David Warner instead

It'd have been quite funny then
Report Try My Best July 14, 2019 9:31 PM BST
NZ such a nice team. Yeah too nice they lost. Could see Warney thinking what s load of bollocks talking about how the NZ are such nice chaps. Give me a winner anytime
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:00 PM BST
What a crazy day. Trading from work. Managed to make 300 bucks laying Eng at the start of their innings. The risk paid off big time. Would have loved a NZ win though.

Also managed to make 300 on the federer final. So all is well after the massive semifinal loss.

All ready for the GOAT format to start GrinGrinGrin
Report tomtimtum July 14, 2019 10:07 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 3:29PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

Stokes diving and the ball ricocheting of his bat for 4 overthrows will go down as the most jammiest thing in sport ever I'm sad it had to be New Zealand, if only it could have happened to that nice fellow David Warner instead It'd have been quite funny then

You must be absolutely gutted England won!!!

Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:09 PM BST
And thankfully I was doing the whole game on the outright instead of match odds! What luck!
Report Try My Best July 14, 2019 10:13 PM BST
You and whispering never lose. What a couple of bullshat artists
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:14 PM BST
You mean me? or tom?
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:15 PM BST
I bet with play money.

Of course I never lose.

Took you this long to figure that out?
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:16 PM BST
Oh sorry you still didn't know lol
Report xmoneyx July 14, 2019 10:21 PM BST
what was englands highest lowest price

ta
Report tomtimtum July 14, 2019 10:22 PM BST
https://twitter.com/Davidkane11/status/1150480458121134082

KW getting told he's won player of the tournament Laugh
Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 10:48 PM BST
ENGERLAND!!!!!!!!!

Must be loads on the forum SEETHINGLaughLaughLaugh

Where's KOD aka Ritchie Burnett?? Bet he's crying in his piss ridden bed sit.

I watched most of Eng's inns in bed but can't log into the forum on it (for some reason)

TBF England have had some truly stinking luck in the last 30/40 years, so it was nice to see that ball go for 6 off the deflection.

Amazed BF haven't changed the rules on tied games, they have lost a packet over the years with their stupid rules!
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:51 PM BST
I will tell my grandkids when England won the World Cup I was the one who created the thread on betfair.
Report themightymac July 14, 2019 10:52 PM BST
Well done England! Terrific sporting achievement.
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:54 PM BST
Will they all get the knighthood now?
Sir Moeen Ali?
Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 10:54 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 4:54PM, detraveller wrote:

Will they all get the knighthood now?Sir Moeen Ali?

muslims can't be knighted

Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:55 PM BST
what?
Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 10:56 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 4:51PM, detraveller wrote:

I will tell my grandkids when England won the World Cup I was the one who created the thread on betfair.

I think they will be more concerned by the fact their grandma was a $100 ****!!Wink

Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 10:57 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 4:54PM, jucel69 wrote:

Jul 14, 2019 -- 10:54PM, detraveller wrote:Will they all get the knighthood now?Sir Moeen Ali?muslims can't be knighted

goes back to the crusades innit!!

Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:57 PM BST
Mo Farah was knighted.
Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 10:58 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 4:57PM, detraveller wrote:

Mo Farah was knighted.

It was a joke DT

Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:58 PM BST
ok they might have an issue with bowing to the queen?
Also I read a long time ago that some have problems accepting British nationality because the oath or whatever it is that they have to say loud involves something about the queen. But clearly any don't give a fk abt that.
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 10:59 PM BST
ok
Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 10:59 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 4:58PM, detraveller wrote:

ok they might have an issue with bowing to the queen?Also I read a long time ago that some have problems accepting British nationality because the oath or whatever it is that they have to say loud involves something about the queen. But clearly any don't give a fk abt that.

I was joking but there is a point regarding the process, Queen etc, you are right

Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 11:00 PM BST
all that devoutness goes out of the window pretty quickly!!
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 11:01 PM BST
Yes I am 100% sure they have some objections to the nationality process. That's why I took your statement seriously and immediately googled.

Fk it anyways. Who cares about a medal from the queen(unless there are some lifetime beenfits that i don't know Grin)
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 11:02 PM BST
You did well on the world cup jucel?
I ended up slight red. Which is great.
Report tomtimtum July 14, 2019 11:03 PM BST
PEPES ON ME!
Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 11:04 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 5:02PM, detraveller wrote:

You did well on the world cup jucel?I ended up slight red. Which is great.

Overall I did ok but that was due to being saved by Eng on the outright.
Backed too many chasing sides in the group stages and it cost me over the tourny

Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 11:05 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 5:03PM, tomtimtum wrote:

PEPES ON ME!

Grin be a few forumites eating humble pie and drinking gnat's piss!!

Report detraveller July 14, 2019 11:06 PM BST
Try My best showed his face after a long time.
Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 11:07 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 5:06PM, detraveller wrote:

what a worthless pr1ck he is, one to be ignored. Pathetic name too, should change it to TRY MY PATIENCE

Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 11:08 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 5:06PM, detraveller wrote:

You will only hear from him again if Aus start to do well in the Ashes

Report Cardinal Scott July 14, 2019 11:32 PM BST

Grin
Report jucel69 July 14, 2019 11:33 PM BST
Laugh
Report Cardinal Scott July 14, 2019 11:42 PM BST
I'm relieved its now over, I'm sick of 50 overs ,,,,I want some T20 filth or red ball.  A change is as good as a rest
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 11:43 PM BST
24th july, test match.
Report Cardinal Scott July 14, 2019 11:46 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 5:43PM, detraveller wrote:

24th july, test match.

And Lanka and Bangers are having an ODI series about then....makes no sense at all, ffs let them decompress...then India visit the caribbean for some ODIs in august.   No time for reflection

Report detraveller July 14, 2019 11:47 PM BST
Grin
Report detraveller July 14, 2019 11:49 PM BST
dont forget the showpiece event of the year starts on 25th July in Ontario Canada.
Report Cardinal Scott July 14, 2019 11:51 PM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 5:49PM, detraveller wrote:

dont forget the showpiece event of the year starts on 25th July in Ontario Canada.

https://gt20.ca/broadcast-partners/

Broadcast Partners "we are working on it" they better get cracking hadn't they?

Report detraveller July 14, 2019 11:53 PM BST
yeah
Report SontaranStratagem July 15, 2019 1:18 AM BST

Jul 14, 2019 -- 4:07PM, tomtimtum wrote:

Jul 14, 2019 --  9:29PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:Stokes diving and the ball ricocheting of his bat for 4 overthrows will go down as the most jammiest thing in sport ever I'm sad it had to be New Zealand, if only it could have happened to that nice fellow David Warner instead It'd have been quite funny thenYou must be absolutely gutted England won!!!

Wrong

I was pleased England won

Lost money on Australia and New Zealand but its nice to us win a world cup at least, silver lining and all that

England did not deserve it on the whole, and jammied their way to it in the end but after some of the c*** levelled our way over the years it was nice to finally get one that went in our favour for a change

I'd love us to win the Ashes and make it a memorable summer, Ashes winners and World Champions would make the best year we've had sporting wise

Report jucel69 July 15, 2019 2:31 AM BST
Note sure Marty two toes will ever sleep again.
He was having a mare of a tournament before the final even began.
He probably thought things couldn't get any worse..........guess again GuppersSad
Report jucel69 July 15, 2019 2:34 AM BST
Look at the pic second down, looks like a broken manSad

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/cricket-world-cup/114237589/cricket-world-cup-final-matt-henry-backs-martin-guptill-after-more-heartbreak
Report tomtimtum July 15, 2019 8:18 AM BST
Parting shot from Smithy: “lots of sixes hit in the tournament, yet the most significant six was one that went along the ground” LaughLaugh
Report palchneru July 15, 2019 8:35 AM BST
Was match odds market voided?  There is no mention of it in my account statement.  England won didn't they?
Report John.W.Henry. July 15, 2019 1:01 PM BST
England matched New Zealand's score of 241 from the final delivery, but earlier in the concluding over they were awarded six runs in bizarre circumstances.

With nine needed from three deliveries, Ben Stokes and Adil Rashid pushed for a second run when a throw from the boundary deflected off Stokes' outstretched bat and away to the boundary for four byes and six in total.

But Taufel, who was named ICC's Umpire of the Year on five occasions, told foxsports.com.au: "They should have been awarded five runs, not six.

"It's a clear mistake. It's an error of judgement.

"In the heat of what was going on, (the umpires) thought there was a good chance the batsmen had crossed at the instant of the throw. Obviously TV replays showed otherwise."

Law 19.8 of the MCC rulebook states: "If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side and the allowance for the boundary and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act."

Replays showed Stokes and Rashid had not crossed when the throw came in from Martin Guptill.

PA has contacted the ICC for comment.
Report longbridge July 15, 2019 1:01 PM BST
@palchneru

Voided bets don't appear in your account statement - stament only shows bets that settle.

My Account -> My Betfair Account -> Betting Activity -> Exchange Current Bets -> (change Bet Status to "Lapsed/Voided")
Report ian merseyside July 15, 2019 2:30 PM BST
Looks like there is now clear evidence that the overthrow should have ended up with 5 runs being awarded, not 6.  All the time and money invested in video reviews and yet one of the biggest errors in cricket history has still been made.
Report sewter lives again July 15, 2019 2:46 PM BST
either way instead of patting back the last ball full toss if he had needed more than one for a tie Stokes would have hit it into the crowd
Report tomtimtum July 15, 2019 3:09 PM BST
19.8 Overthrow or wilful act of fielder

If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be

any runs for penalties awarded to either side

and     the allowance for the boundary

and     the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had

already crossed at the instant of the throw or act.

That last part seems a bit vague, was the ball hitting ben stokes bat the "act"?

The spirit of the law is pretty clear, even if the wording for this specific situation isn't, it's to stop batsman trying to nick another run after the ball goes off to the boundary from an overthrow.

It wasn't the throw that caused the extra runs, it was the deflection off Stokes bat.
Ben Stokes was clearly going to make the second run, the ball deflected off his bat for a four - 2+4 = 6
Report Try My Best July 15, 2019 3:42 PM BST
OMG they didn't even win the game. Has to be an enquiry into this. I would trust the umpire with his excellent record than the dimwits who were in charge on Sunday.This is shameful
Report peckerdunne July 15, 2019 3:48 PM BST
Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem July 15, 2019 4:35 PM BST
Stokes would have smashed that full toss out the ground anyway

They needed one for the tie and he just made sure of it whilst having a 50/50 for the 2nd run to win it all
Report treetop July 15, 2019 4:37 PM BST
Not enough credit given to the fielding of players like Bairstow and Rashid stopping boundaries to concede only three instead of four runs. When a tie happens those singles saved are just as important as all the slogging late on.
Report SontaranStratagem July 15, 2019 4:40 PM BST
Exactly, treetop

Lets be honest here it should be delicious that England is on the other side of the controversy for once, we benefited from some iffy umpiring and luck for a change

Look at how many football world cups we've had whereby we have always been on the wrong side of some disgusting decisions, who can remember Sol Campbells late goal against the Argentina?, or his one Vs Portugal at Euro 2004?

Lap it up, because next time we'll be on the wrong end of it again
Report jackdaw July 15, 2019 5:20 PM BST
As a mere club umpire I could see that the umpires had made an error in awarding 6 runs instead of 5. These things happen. What is ludicrous is the ICC response in saying that they leave the field umpires to quote 'interpret the laws'. The laws of cricket are written in detail and are definitive and umpires are there to apply the laws not interpret them. If umpires started to use interpretation we would soon be in a mess!
Report TheBetterBettor July 15, 2019 5:42 PM BST
At the time I thought it was five as well, cos the ball hitting stokes' bat before he completed his 2nd run

Could the kiwis asked for a review/appeal at the time this decision was made? or did they run out of appeals.
Report jackdaw July 15, 2019 5:51 PM BST
It's purely to do with the relative positions of the batsmen at the point of release of the fielders throw. It's not included in the review system but there's no reason why the on field umpires couldn't have asked the third umpire for a bit of help. There was plenty going on at the time with the umpires having to look at short running as well.
Report Angoose July 15, 2019 6:05 PM BST
If the throw had gone to the other end, it would surely have been a run out, although not Stokes.
Still, would have been just a single.
Report Whisperingdeath July 15, 2019 7:06 PM BST
and     the allowance for the boundary

and     the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had

already crossed at the instant of the throw or act.

They had crossed for the two plus the boundary is six!
Report tomtimtum July 15, 2019 7:13 PM BST
19.7.3 When a boundary is scored, the batting side, except in the circumstances of 19.8, shall be awarded whichever is the greater of

19.7.3.1 the allowance for the boundary

19.7.3.2 the runs completed by the batsmen together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant the boundary is scored.

19.8 Overthrow or wilful act of fielder

If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder,

I have been looking and can't find what the precise definition on an overthrow is.
As far as I'm concerned, this wasn't an overthrow, the ball went to the boundary due to the deflection off Stokes bat and not because of the throw or failure of the wicket keeper to collect the ball.
Report Whisperingdeath July 15, 2019 7:28 PM BST
But the well-renowned former international umpire Simon Taufel says the on-field umpires made a “clear mistake” in awarding England six runs, rather than the correct figure of five, as the batsmen had not yet crossed for the second run when the ball was thrown. The error also meant that England’s best batsman, Stokes, retained the strike.

– and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act."

Had they crossed at the point of the throw?
Report Angoose July 15, 2019 7:31 PM BST
Nowhere near having crossed when the throw was made

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/48984283
Report Lucky Sod July 15, 2019 7:34 PM BST
I feel an unlucky sod i cashed out for 50% lose on match odds on sports book and i'm told...Cash out on Sportsbook works slightly differently - you take the offer set by the traders when cashing out. so even though on exchange event voided i do not get original stake back ...lesson learned did this happen to any one else?
Report TheBetterBettor July 15, 2019 7:57 PM BST
either way instead of patting back the last ball full toss if he had needed more than one for a tie Stokes would have hit it into the crowd

Stokes still on 'strike' after 5 runs?
Report bestmate July 15, 2019 11:44 PM BST
Rashid would have been on strike with 5 runs
Not Stokes.
Feel sick at this injustice
Report bestmate July 15, 2019 11:44 PM BST
Rashid would have been on strike with 5 runs
Not Stokes.
Feel sick at this injustice
Report jucel69 July 16, 2019 2:08 AM BST

Jul 15, 2019 -- 5:44PM, bestmate wrote:

Rashid would have been on strike with 5 runsNot Stokes. Feel sick at this injustice

STUPID BOGAN PR1CKLaughLaughLaugh THEY NEEDED 3 OFF 2 . IF IT HAD BEEN GIVEN A 5 THEN ADD ONE TO THE 3 AND YOU GET 4. DON'T THEY TEACH MATHS IN WOGGAWOGGA

RASH WOULD HAVE STROKED AN EASY SINGLE AND STOKES WOULD HAVE SMASHED THAT LAST BALL PIE INTO THE THAMES.
ENGLAND WOULD HAVE WON EVEN WITHOUT THE OVERTHROWS

15 NEEDED ODD THE LAST, DOT, DOT, 6, 2, 1 , 6

BEST MATE AND TRY MY BEST , SAME PERSON WITH TWO OF THE MOST PATHETIC FORUM NAMES EVER.

YOU CAN GO BACK TO LICKING WINDOWS NOW, BYE!!!!!!!!

Report sageform July 16, 2019 9:58 AM BST
The game is over. Move on to the Ashes.
Report Whisperingdeath July 16, 2019 11:56 AM BST
YOU CAN GO BACK TO LICKING WINDOWS NOW, BYE!!!!!!!!

Post of the day!

It's over, move on. Nothing to see here.

Roll on The Ashes and the humiliation of Convict Nation
Report GRANTCKING July 16, 2019 12:20 PM BST

Jul 15, 2019 -- 8:08PM, jucel69 wrote:

Jul 15, 2019 -- 11:44PM, bestmate wrote:Rashid would have been on strike with 5 runsNot Stokes. Feel sick at this injusticeSTUPID BOGAN PR1CK THEY NEEDED 3 OFF 2 . IF IT HAD BEEN GIVEN A 5 THEN ADD ONE TO THE 3 AND YOU GET 4. DON'T THEY TEACH MATHS IN WOGGAWOGGARASH WOULD HAVE STROKED AN EASY SINGLE AND STOKES WOULD HAVE SMASHED THAT LAST BALL PIE INTO THE THAMES.ENGLAND WOULD HAVE WON EVEN WITHOUT THE OVERTHROWS15 NEEDED ODD THE LAST, DOT, DOT, 6, 2, 1 , 6BEST MATE AND TRY MY BEST , SAME PERSON WITH TWO OF THE MOST PATHETIC FORUM NAMES EVER.YOU CAN GO BACK TO LICKING WINDOWS NOW, BYE!!!!!!!!

think he meant if the umpire gave it as a 5 hes saying rashid wouldve been on strike not that they wouldve required 5

Report GRANTCKING July 16, 2019 12:20 PM BST
GrinGrin
Report Try My Best July 16, 2019 12:31 PM BST
The Ashes
Ashes Urn.jpg
The Ashes urn, made of terracotta and about 15 cm (6 inches) tall, is reputed to contain the ashes of a burnt cricket bail.
Countries     Australia
England
The Ashes               Administrator    International Cricket Council
Format    Test cricket
First edition    1882–83
Latest edition    2017–18
Next edition    2019
Tournament format    5-match series
Number of teams    2
Current trophy holder     Australia
Most successful     Australia (33 series wins)
Most runs    Australia Sir Donald Bradman (5,028)
Most wickets    Australia Shane Warne (195)
Report Try My Best July 16, 2019 12:38 PM BST
Icc cricket world cup trophy.jpg
The World Cup Trophy
Administrator    International Cricket Council (ICC)
Format    One Day International
First edition    1975 (England)
Latest edition    2019 (England, Wales)
Next edition    2023 (India)
Tournament format    ↓various
Number of teams    20 (all tournaments)
14 (until 2015)
10 (current)
Current champion     England (1st title)
Most successful     Australia (5 titles)
Most runs    India Sachin Tendulkar (2,278)
Most wickets    Australia Glenn McGrath (71)

Haha. What a great cricketing nation we are. Must be tough being a Pomm
Report Whisperingdeath July 16, 2019 3:47 PM BST
Yawn

and the Champions of the World are......

England!
Report Try My Best July 16, 2019 6:21 PM BST
Big congratulations to Trevor Bayliss. I'm sure you will be looking down under for another of our lads to help you along the way when he goes.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com