Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
26 Jun 19 20:51
| Topic/replies: 17,201 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
if they dont qualify, seroiusly management should all be sacked, not resign, morgan (17x6LaughLaugh)sacked,   this is worse than england v iceland football, worse than joshua, its a   disgrace  .
Pause Switch to Standard View seriously . how the hell are england...
Show More
Report geordie1956 June 26, 2019 9:29 PM BST
Overhyped and overrated ... they have been winnng meaningless contests over the past 4 years on benign pitches but as Michael Vaughan said what have they actually won
I fully expect all of the excuses of being unlucky; key injuries etc to be offered come Sunday evening
Report SontaranStratagem June 26, 2019 9:44 PM BST
Not that good

Lost against all the other decent sides that are all in the top 6?

Australia? lost
Pakistan? lost
Sri Lanka? lost

Doesn't bode well for India and New Zealand to be honest

I expect them to turn New Zealand over but lose to India, probably wont be enough?
Report detraveller June 26, 2019 10:00 PM BST
I said this during the practice games against Pakistan. What exactly were they practicing for playing 350 v 350? They've practiced that for 4 years now and they are the best at it. That's why they're number 1. They just ignore the aspect that they are not good at, like the aussies used to do a few years back when they were miserable. That is, 'play the natural game' because we can't play any other way.
Report detraveller June 26, 2019 10:02 PM BST
I fully expect all of the excuses of being unlucky
Someone listening to the radio today mentioned on the forum that Bairstow was talking about being unlucky against Aus.
This on top of Bayliss and Swann defending Moeen's approach against Srilanka and both saying they weren't aggressive enough, that is, didn't play their natural game.
Report roache June 26, 2019 10:16 PM BST
The truth is you can win all these meaningless 1 day series including beating the Aussies 5-0 last year and saying we are great we are ranked 1st we are favourites blah blah blah but it counts for zilch and when the one off World cup games come along England show there true colours and found wanting,sadly its even far worse than i envisaged by losing to Pakistan and Sri Lanka as i expected them to lose to the Aussies and India with New Zealand 50/50 but these performances are embarrassing after all the hype prior to the tournament.
Report Puzzman June 27, 2019 8:19 AM BST
Throwing in my 2 cents, they have mastered only one style of play - smashing it on good pitches. Which leaves them weak to when the conditions don;t suit. Most other winning teams can do both smashing it on good pitches and win gritty matches on mine fields.

The whole last 4 years doesn't really apply and as lets face it most series are meaningless apart from the Ashes and trips to India. You can tell how Pakistan toured England before the world cup then decided to call up all a couple of players to their squad after it was over.
Report johnnythebull June 27, 2019 9:48 AM BST
listen guys..we're the best in the world,irrespective of if we keep losing or don't make the p/offs..don't you get it we're still the best

whoever wins is NOT the best..we are..get real
Report oitoitoi June 27, 2019 10:12 AM BST
Root "we're the best team in the world, we've proven it" yeah sure you are pal
Report oitoitoi June 27, 2019 10:29 AM BST
Biggest issue is they can't handle pressure, they can't think on their feet and form their own plans, rely on analysts for everything, so when plan A goes wrong, they don't know what to do.  Poor technique and temperament, no understanding of how to construct an innings, hence no ability to play in tough or different conditions, hence their abysmal away test record (most of the same batsmen).  The wins they've had over the past 4 years have been in series that makes you wonder why bilateral series ODI's are still a thing, like seriously, why are they still a thing?  No one cares about them, at all.  They bottled the world T20 in the time they've supposedly been the best limited overs team in the world, and then didn't get past the semis in home conditions in the champions trophy, blamed the pitch iirc.  Best team in the world my left nut.  They believe the sky narrative hype bullshit and pr that surrounds them, so they never really question themselves when it goes tits up, or are objective about wins, e.g. they won't shut up about those 400 scores, the australia one was against like a 3rd string line up on the flattest possible pitch and tiny boundaries, but they think the same approach is gonna work vs mitchell starc.  It's being perfectly illustrated by their head in the sand attitude in this world cup, "we're losing playing aggressive, because we didn't play aggressive ENOUGH".  Idiocy, total lack of respect for the game, thinking they've found some magic technique that is going to win every game against good sides.  They deserve to go out, I hope they get thrashed in the ashes too (they won't), then maybe we'll see some actual wholesale change at the ECB. 

They've had a **** culture since 2005, no character or spine in that dressing room, I mean the current leadership group includes broad and anderson, verified ****.  Making strauss director of cricket was a giant mistake, he was way too close to the team, was never gonna be rough on his mates, should have hired Vaughan, best cricket brain in an england shirt since Brearley.  Just think about the volume of calamities that have befallen english cricket since 2005 that have their root in the ECB's 19th century attitude to the game.  Remember Allan Stanford?  **** all reprecussions.  Whitewashes in australia?  It's ok no one cares about away series anyway.  75% drop in grassroots participation?  It's ok old boy we've got that sky cash to ensure the lunches at lords are still fantastic.  Bunch of incompetent, moronic, silver spoon sucking toffs that have wrecked the game in this country.

Rant over.
Report elisjohn June 27, 2019 11:03 AM BST
is that rant  you geoffreyGrin
Report oitoitoi June 27, 2019 11:10 AM BST
for all the **** he spews about brexit, he does know his stuff when it comes to cricket
Report elisjohn June 27, 2019 11:19 AM BST
agree, and after every test match, all the players should be made to listen to a recording of boycs on tms, then they would learn a hell of a lot
Report detraveller June 27, 2019 11:35 AM BST
"We left ourselves short today adapting to conditions," Morgan said.

"Great cricket in this tournament, and we weren't anywhere close to it today"

"We knew that we were going to play on a used wicket at some stage in this tournament, and we found out the other day that today was going to be on a used wicket. And having watched the game against Sri Lanka, we actually didn't think it was that bad. But certainly today it was. Coming from Edgbaston, it was obviously a big jump in pace and bounce and too much of an ask for us to adjust to.

This was said in 2017. Back then they knew exactly where their weakness was. They've overcome those weaknesses by ignoring them completely and ensuring they have some other excuses this time.
Report Angoose June 27, 2019 12:21 PM BST
The most prevalent form of industrial injury involves damage to the hands.

To combat this, Talisman introduced a HandSafe programme that has been widely replicated throughout a variety of industry segments.

The programme has six core themes, the first of which is of particular interest, it being applicable in a variety of situations, not just industrial injuries.

The first theme in the programme asks a simple question -

Will We Ever Learn?   

The answer for England's ODI team would appear to be a resounding NO   
Report SontaranStratagem June 27, 2019 5:46 PM BST
Same way of the football team sadly, although they did at least reach the semis

They win pointless friendly matches that no one cares about, you wont see Brazilians risking injury going into a 50/50 in a pointless money induced friendly

Get them to the world cup and that's when it counts
Report oitoitoi June 28, 2019 12:33 AM BST
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48794213

Bairstow handling the pressure well lol.  Why are they even doing interviews right now?  Obviously just gonna but the boot in cos they've been ****.  Poor management.
Report the fink sisters June 28, 2019 9:41 AM BST
Simply not as good as they thought. A certain arrogance about the group too, truth be told. The way they jettisoned Hales was sanctimonious and smacks of a group that thought it was invincible.

You can back England on here at 2.06 to reach the semifinals, which seems unbelievably poor value.
Report oitoitoi June 28, 2019 9:46 AM BST

Jun 28, 2019 -- 9:41AM, the fink sisters wrote:

Simply not as good as they thought. A certain arrogance about the group too, truth be told. The way they jettisoned Hales was sanctimonious and smacks of a group that thought it was invincible.You can back England on here at 2.06 to reach the semifinals, which seems unbelievably poor value.

that seems like a big lay to me, if they lose to india on sunday that price will go through the roof

Report the fink sisters June 28, 2019 10:17 AM BST
I agree.
Report detraveller June 28, 2019 10:33 AM BST
I think their loss to India is already priced in to an extent. Maybe they go out to 2.7-3.0 if they lose to Ind
Report detraveller June 28, 2019 10:36 AM BST
Eng were 1.13 to reach semis a couple of days before their game against Aus! THAT was value Grin
Report peckerdunne June 28, 2019 12:12 PM BST
Axis found
Report mafeking June 28, 2019 12:31 PM BST
will be nearer 5 to qualify assuming pak beat the hounds tomorrow. only a win over nz and a pak loss to the bangles would get them through
Report detraveller June 28, 2019 1:01 PM BST
Yes I think my estimate of 2.7-3 is wrong.
Report Cardinal Scott June 28, 2019 1:59 PM BST
Rabada lost some pace
Report detraveller June 28, 2019 2:25 PM BST
You;ll be stupid going full pace in a dead game against a crap team.
Report SontaranStratagem June 28, 2019 3:15 PM BST

Jun 28, 2019 -- 12:31PM, mafeking wrote:

will be nearer 5 to qualify assuming pak beat the hounds tomorrow. only a win over nz and a pak loss to the bangles would get them through

Its entirely in Englands hands if Sri Lanka lose today ?

We've played 7 and so have Pakistan and Bangladesh

So beat India and NZ and they're through?!? although I think India beat us

Report Angoose June 28, 2019 3:22 PM BST
Then win the next two matches and be crowned World Champions Grin
Report Injera June 28, 2019 4:46 PM BST
It's great for the comp that we have some juicy matches right before the semis.

Pak v Bangles could be a classic. Pretty sure Sodhi will start playing now for NZ. Overdue.

England are in this situation because in tournaments they melt under pressure. Still time to put it right though.
Report mafeking June 28, 2019 5:56 PM BST
sri lanka result looking more and more incredible. i was away so didn't see it but could argue if it was such a tricky pitch how on earth did we let such a poor batting line up get 230 ? Confused
Report SontaranStratagem June 28, 2019 6:49 PM BST
Sri Lanka Sad

It shows how poor we must have been to lose to them in hindsight
Report elisjohn June 30, 2019 1:25 PM BST
what a mess theyve made of this match win or lose
Report sageform June 30, 2019 3:05 PM BST
Looking a different pitch so far in the India innings. Was it outstanding batting by Bairstow and Roy after all?
Report sageform June 30, 2019 3:08 PM BST
Woakes 15 dots
Report sewter lives again June 30, 2019 7:07 PM BST
England would have qualified by now if they had kept Plunkett in the team
Report SontaranStratagem June 30, 2019 8:51 PM BST
New Zealand seem on the down but you can't count them out

They may need to win?
Report mafeking June 30, 2019 10:38 PM BST
being utterly carried by kane williamson at the moment. hardly anyone else in their top 6 in any sort of form

would take an astronomical reversal of the respective run rates of them and pakistan to miss out
Report the fink sisters July 2, 2019 10:56 AM BST
I'm still concerned for England, tomorrow is no gimme. Be especially worried if they have to chase.
Report sageform July 3, 2019 11:14 AM BST
long way to go still so surprised that England are almost joint favs with Aus. and India. They were totally outplayed by Australia who look different class to me.
Report tomtimtum July 15, 2019 8:03 AM BST
This thread makes funny reading LaughLaugh
Report mafeking July 15, 2019 12:25 PM BST
never in doubt. cruised to the title in the end CoolCrazy
Report Cardinal Scott July 15, 2019 1:33 PM BST
Trevor Bayliss doesn't seem to be getting any credit whatsoever, primarily because he's low key and operates in the shadows.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com