|
By:
Even when the sun is shining the monster downpour or prolonged shower
is only a few fields away. |
|
By:
premature ejaculation in here, doesnt start till the 11th! |
|
By:
No ejaculation, just getting excited with test cricket in sight.
|
|
By:
Oh my I thought the game was on Thursday :D
Draw just about getting to 3. |
|
By:
Market been open for over a month, would not be pleased if I was one of those lumpers who took some 1.4 and well below 1.4 . Mind you Pakistan could bowl out Ireland twice in 1 day. Put that Ireland team in county championship and they might finish ahead of Leics and Derby .....& they might not.
|
|
By:
Lashing all day, near enough.
|
|
By:
This MI back not going well so I have reversed onto KKR
|
|
By:
|
|
By:
heading into it on Saturday, weather is looking a wee bit ropey at the moment
![]() |
|
By:
Not had a bet yet, the weather has improved significantly after today, just waiting for the right entry point.
The rain for today looks priced in too, so may not see sub 2s even if it pisses down all day. Looking for a draw lay once the price steadies after the rain. |
|
By:
pecker, what do you reckon re weather, forecast seems ok after today, can it change quickly?
|
|
By:
Looks like there might be a bit of play today too. Bit worried the draw lay may be dead before the heavy rain in the evening session. Don’t really want to lay draw at 3 then find solid rain and 2.4 either though.
|
|
By:
Dublin looks to have been stuck in a pocket of dry weather so far today and for the next hour or so but does look to be a lot of rain after that. I’m on the draw at 3.05 looking to lay the hell out of it later to big red.
|
|
By:
Hmm, now a bit anxious that the weather front isn’t moving very much. It looks like it ought to pile into and drench Dublin but is actually rather stuck.
|
|
By:
still keeping the old keg powder dry, just getting the toss over and done with will have quite an effect on the odds
|
|
By:
liquidity is starting to trickle in, it's on sony tv in India so I expect it will increase as we go through the game
|
|
By:
|
|
By:
I think it will but I also think it won't wipe out the whole day. Could get 30 odd overs in or so at the back end. We could just see the toss too before the rain arrives
|
|
By:
Covers still on, don't think they will get the toss in now before the rain
|
|
By:
https://twitter.com/Irelandcricket
windy too!! |
|
By:
I’ve got the game starting on time, based on Rain Today. It keeps changing though.
|
|
By:
covers are still on, but I don't think it's raining at the moment
|
|
By:
I think they’ll get some play this morning but there are showers about so we could end up with play looking like it might happen then never doing so. I misjudged that though and got shot of my draw green for tiny profit, thinking we could start on time and have draw mid 3s.
|
|
By:
Trying to get a big lay at 2.7, which feels like good value even if they don’t get out shortly.
|
|
By:
Rain today appears to have mugged me off somewhat. It’s been raining despite the radar looking clear. Could be a sea fret, I suppose. I’m a bit anxious about coastal radar since the T20 in Cardiff that got rained off with hammering rain with Rain Today insisting the sun was out.
|
|
By:
Still think we should be good for a result with fair amounts of play possible next two days and good forecasts for the fourth and fifth days. Hopefully they can even make some time up.
|
|
By:
looks absolutely freezing and wet, can't see them playing today
|
|
By:
Met office has little prospect of rain tomorrow and only 50% or so chance of afternoon rain Sunday then sub 10% chance per hour Mon and Tue. Course that isn’t incompatible with a few hours or even a few sessions lost but doesn’t seem likely we’ll lose that much time other than today.
|
|
By:
|
|
By:
yeh the next four days look decent, many a game is completed in 4 days. Especially when you consider the two teams!!
|
|
By:
|
|
By:
Update: umpires will inspect again at 12, providing it has stopped raining. Fingers crossed!
|
|
By:
Wind seems to be a bigger problem than rain. Groundstaff can’t remove the covers because with gusts upto 45mph they would not be able to get them back on again
|
|
By:
|
|
By:
|
|
By:
Ultimately rain saved them but I watched some of Ireland v Somerset a few weeks ago, Ireland were being totally outclassed. I want to get on Pak.
|
|
By:
Yeah put Ireland in 2nd div county championship and they finish sandwiched between Leics and Derbys in either order.
|
|
By:
^^^Different story in white ball
|
|
By:
How about the facilities at Melahide Park? Do they have the right drainage? We've had a couple of regular test venues declared unfit despite clear weather in the last few years. I wonder how this venue copes with it. I guess i'll stay out of it for now.
|