Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bongo
14 Dec 16 21:47
| Topic/replies: 6,042 | Blogger: bongo's blog
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38313318

At the bottom they say that the Women's Cricket World Cup is a 'major sporting event'.
Yeah right, if you're a vagitarian
Pause Switch to Standard View Is the BBC right to claim Women's...
Show More
Report the whizz kids December 14, 2016 10:24 PM GMT
Must mean the BBC are showing it then for it to be called Major.
Report the whizz kids December 14, 2016 10:33 PM GMT
Sky have got the tv rights. BBC just trying to big up women's sports as per usual.
Report FredRescue December 31, 2016 4:16 AM GMT
Just caught the last few overs of the Adelaide innings in the premier Womens T20 event the Big Bash

Played at a completely empty Adelaide Oval

2 absolutely comical run outs (bringing innings run outs to 4)

Despite the boundaries being pulled yards in no danger of anything getting any shots getting anywhere close to it.

Seam bowlers averaging about 90km/h

Total of 82/9 achieved

"Major" it is then
Report jucel69 December 31, 2016 4:47 AM GMT
feckin pitiful, Perth were 7/3 too!
Report jucel69 December 31, 2016 4:56 AM GMT
40/4 off 10Laugh
Report DStyle December 31, 2016 9:57 AM GMT
i've been watching a bit of it, most of it is being played away from the big grounds.

there have been some good performances, but from the players you'd expect who are talented sportswomen, but they are few and far between, which only serves to highlight the incredibly low barrier to entry for the players who make up the rest of the squads.

like most things which pursue equality with a single minded aggression, they end up shooting themselves in the foot: they showcase a substandard product and constantly have to lie about how good it is, whilst it's apparent to everyone just how ordinary and unpopular it is.

It's a humiliating form of self-deception which only reinforces opposition to the very thing they are pretending to promote.

free streaming with matches being played away from the big grounds is the right level of coverage. live coverage of finals/finals day is probably all that should be inflicted on the viewing public.

(it is quite good for gambling on though)
Report the orginal hushwing December 31, 2016 10:25 AM GMT
Reminds me of an email I was compelled to send to the bbc earlier this year. I am still awaiting my reply...

Hi,

When I was watching the 6 o'clock news last night and then again on BBC Breakfast this morning I couldn't help but notice the Women's defeat in the cricket T20 World Cup was placed ahead of the fabulous men's semi final victory.

This is in no way a sexist email, as I think its great we let women play cricket, however who is deciding its bigger news than the men's victory?!

It's quite laughable that someone made a decision that the women's game was more noteworthy than the men's. Why did you do this? who makes you do these things? Clearly men's cricket is a million billion times more popular than the women's.

Regards
Report toffee87 December 31, 2016 10:32 PM GMT
I always wondered what the equivalent standard was compared to mens cricket - well in fact you would need to compare it to boys cricket
Last summer my lads u15 team comfortably beat one of the kia super league teams, who had a couple of England internationals and an overseas international playing.

No issue with women playing cricket but unfortunately like anything in this PC mad world the amount of funding being thrown at the womens game is completely out of proportion to the funding of the mens game

And what is the point of central contracts ?
Report pxb January 1, 2017 1:01 AM GMT
BBC = Fake News
Report jucel69 January 1, 2017 4:27 AM GMT
Big Bertha opening the batting for Renegades
Report jucel69 January 1, 2017 4:32 AM GMT
Christ on a bike, this bowlingLaugh
Report jucel69 January 1, 2017 4:32 AM GMT
Made quite a bit on this game. Laid Stars at 1.23Grin
Report jucel69 January 1, 2017 4:42 AM GMT
FCUKING UMPS Angry
Report jucel69 January 1, 2017 6:01 AM GMT

Dec 31, 2016 -- 11:02PM, King of Dubai wrote:

Don't think much of yours, jucel69.

shake and bake

Report Injera January 1, 2017 5:38 PM GMT
DStyle echoes my thoughts. People aren't stupid. They can see a lie a mile away.

The chasm between womens' cricket/footy/rugby and the mens' game is self evident.

In golf and tennis the gap is narrower but even so it's present. 2 tickets to the mens' final at Wimbers would of course be worth several times the ladies' final.

The 'equality' brigade do women no service. It's patronising. The standard is awful, way below decent mens' club cricket. That's not the womens' fault, it's just a fact.
Report tomtimtum January 1, 2017 8:12 PM GMT
Not sure how many of you will have seen this;

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/shania-lee-swart-smackes-160-out-of-169-cricket-south-africa-u19-eight-ducks-mpumalanga/2016-12-16

Laugh
Report Charkitz January 3, 2017 11:34 PM GMT
Laugh
Report DStyle January 7, 2017 6:26 AM GMT
2 needed to win off the last over in the stars renegade match, not a single fielder saving the 1.

Laugh
Report DStyle January 13, 2017 8:22 AM GMT
I wonder if Charlotte Edwards is as good as her stats, or if she just made hay when the quality was even worse than it is today.

I know she's at the end of her career, but I see players like Perry and Sarah Taylor as being way better batsmen.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com