Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
palacegatetouch
08 Aug 15 17:06
| Topic/replies: 192 | Blogger: palacegatetouch's blog
est Match

If play is restricted or does not take place at the ground on the date for which your ticket is valid, you may claim a refund of the face value of the ticket subject to there being:
• no play because the match has been completed – a full refund
• 10 overs or less play because of adverse weather conditions or completion of the match – a full refund
• 10.1 overs to 24.5 overs because of adverse weather conditions or completion of the match – a 50% refund

This does not apply to tickets for Day 5 of the match.  For Day 5 tickets, a full refund may be claimed if there is:
• no play because of adverse weather conditions or completion of the match

In no other circumstances can money be refunded.

I make it that 10.2overs were bowled today!!!!!

i wud b fuming if i went today  AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Pause Switch to Standard View lucky bstards at notts hierarchy!!
Show More
Report posy August 9, 2015 3:45 PM BST
very interesting;i wonder if this refund policy is standard at all test venues.
Report Oo R Ya August 10, 2015 7:22 PM BST
Yeah it's standard across all England test venues.

There is a heap of anecdotal evidence regarding the rules on refunds and how teams play. For example, Sri Lanka at the Rose Bowl in 2011 had pretty steady rain during the 1st three days but they stayed on as much as possible to get the overs in or England bowling Moeen and Joe Root at the end of Day 2 at Edgbaston this year despite only needing 4 wickets to win when light wasn't an issue.

I haven't got the figures to hand but Ashton Agar's innings at TB in 2013 meant the test went an extra day and Notts broke even on it. It was estimated they would have lost around £1m in revenue without that extra day's play. The next season they played on a flat lifeless track against India and got their 5 days play and a healthy profit. It's called a "Chief Executive's wicket" for a reason.
Report toffee87 August 10, 2015 10:00 PM BST
If Surrey have any sense they will be producing a 5 day wicket as no one will be bothered if it is a dull draw especially not those with tickets for the Saturday, Sunday or Monday
Report posy August 11, 2015 3:51 PM BST
Do the test grounds insure against matches finishing too soon and having to refund  ticket holders ?
Report paddletoe August 16, 2015 2:52 PM BST
Would insurance not be deemed as betting.
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2015 3:06 PM BST
You may not of heard of The Life Assurance Act of 1774 also know as The Gambling Act of 1774!

I quite enjoy snobby parties with friends of Mrs 'Death. So what do you do..I'm in Risk management...so am I!  blah blah blah...but's that's gambling isn't it?....yes but isn't that what you do? at least I do it with my own money!

Insurance is gambling, Life Assurance is not. You will die!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com