Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pxb
22 Dec 14 20:28
| Topic/replies: 8,019 | Blogger: pxb's blog
The MCG is usually a result venue despite the drop-in pitch.

Weather not an issue.

Will India implode after luck and circumstances haven't gone their way so far?

Backing Aus, but avoiding a big red on India pre-match.

Big toss to win.
Pause Switch to Standard View Australia vs India, 3rd Test at...
Show More
Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 2:55 AM GMT
Its all happening here at the MCG, the crowd the excitement, hoi hoi hoi
Report BJT December 30, 2014 2:56 AM GMT
Missing leg surely.
Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 2:57 AM GMT
correct BJT, missing leg by a couple of inches.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 30, 2014 2:57 AM GMT
That was a dodgy decision tbh. feel for Vijay there
Report BJT December 30, 2014 2:57 AM GMT
There we go.  By quite a bit yeah.  Hit him on leg stump, the angle had to be taking it down.  Terrible decision.
Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 2:57 AM GMT
I was about to lay AUstralia but was waiting for the ball. Nearly hit the button before the finger went up as my initial thought was "not out" well down leg. Lucky I waited.
Report Blake84 December 30, 2014 2:58 AM GMT
I don't want to here any complaints from India about that decision. They've come out batting like retards and brought it on themselves.
Report BJT December 30, 2014 2:59 AM GMT
Guy at the other end has been brilliant.  But that was seriously lacking.
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 3:00 AM GMT
Also, they refuse to use Hawkeye. Impossible to complain about it if they refuse the technology
Report Blake84 December 30, 2014 3:01 AM GMT
Why are aus not favorite. Must be rain coming.
Report BJT December 30, 2014 3:01 AM GMT
Think because these 2 made 50% of their score last time and they couldn't get them out.  Will surely go to 1.30 if one of these goes shortly.
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 3:02 AM GMT

Dec 30, 2014 -- 3:00AM, King of Dubai wrote:

Anyone got any clarification on Pujara??

@chetannarula  29m29 minutes ago
Checked with Indian team management. Pujara is not injured. Strategic decision then

Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 3:03 AM GMT
and they are looking pretty solid in defence. Also Australia have not got that many overs left... terrible decision to bat like they did this morning. What was needed was a 10 over slog and then declare..
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 3:04 AM GMT
nearly pre-wicket odds now Laugh
Report Blake84 December 30, 2014 3:36 AM GMT
I'm reluctantly back on the draw for a smaller stake. Too much of a fiend to watch all day with no bet on. In a way I'm more confident of them batting it out from 3 down as winning is out of the equation and they're going about it properly now.
Report prasanth1985 December 30, 2014 3:40 AM GMT
ANY MORE CHANCE OF RAIN
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 3:41 AM GMT

Dec 30, 2014 -- 3:40AM, prasanth1985 wrote:

ANY MORE CHANCE OF RAIN

No

Report prasanth1985 December 30, 2014 3:42 AM GMT
the price on draw suddenly droped any chance of RAIN
Report prasanth1985 December 30, 2014 3:42 AM GMT
thank youCool
Report BJT December 30, 2014 3:43 AM GMT
Report says 0% chance today, and the radar shows nothing within 500 kms
Report BJT December 30, 2014 3:45 AM GMT
Just what the market does.  Sits at a price, then takes off to a new price, rather than a slow decline, then sits there again.
Report prasanth1985 December 30, 2014 3:46 AM GMT

Dec 30, 2014 -- 3:43AM, BJT wrote:

Report says 0% chance today, and the radar shows nothing within 500 kms

if that is the case i think there is a good value for odds on AUS at 2.6

Report BJT December 30, 2014 3:46 AM GMT
Smith needs to bring himself on around the wicket.
Report prasanth1985 December 30, 2014 3:48 AM GMT
i have a question does any one know what calculations they use to calculate the odds
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 3:52 AM GMT
going down leg or edge?
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 3:53 AM GMT
comfortably missing leg
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 3:58 AM GMT
I layed Aus at start of match 1.65 but while not as evil as pakistan you cannot trust this Indian side to bat this out. They are up there in the Pantheon with NZ as chokers and WI as rubbish at times!
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 3:58 AM GMT
letting it ride for some excitement though!
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 3:59 AM GMT
Rahane is such a quality player
Report slip5 December 30, 2014 4:18 AM GMT
is there any hope for glenn maxwell to make a comeback into test match cricket
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 4:19 AM GMT
I really don't see the need to play such expansive shots on a 5th day pitch but then I've never batted on a 5th day ( although I have batted on some 5th day pitchesHappy ).

I suppose they want to play their natural game but dead batting anything straight and leaving widish ones deadens the heart of the fielding team and they start bowling sheite to make something happen. The bowlers know they have a chance with either of these 2 playing shots
Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 4:20 AM GMT
This game is hard to bet on now. It will only take one wicket for a potential collapse. Hey Whispering... calling NZ chokers is a bit harsh isnt it?
Report slip5 December 30, 2014 4:24 AM GMT
kholi is taking risks here
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 4:25 AM GMT
nobody wants to lay oz and nobody really wants to back the draw at these odds. it's a bit of a stalemate.
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 4:25 AM GMT
sorry Tyco. I know they are playing well now but the last couple of years must have been torture for you. Throw Suzie the waitress into the equation and the mud sticks I'm afraidLaugh
Report slip5 December 30, 2014 4:27 AM GMT
new zealand are better test team, not good at one day
Report SecondComing December 30, 2014 4:31 AM GMT

Dec 30, 2014 -- 4:25AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

sorry Tyco. I know they are playing well now but the last couple of years must have been torture for you. Throw Suzie the waitress into the equation and the mud sticks I'm afraid

meanwhile in England.. CrazyLaugh

Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 4:35 AM GMT
I shall forgive you Whispering :) but will agree to disagree. I believe we punch above our weight as far as cricket goes. Ok granted we do sometimes lose from good positions but we kiwi cricket fans are long suffering and know what our players are capable of. THings looking a lot better now.
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 4:43 AM GMT
both teams trying to throw this away!

Tyco, agreed but it is not just the cricketers. The administrators have to take some of the blame to vis a vis the brown one day kits! what chance did the players haveLaugh.

Actually the ODI side are dark horses. Don't expect them to win but can beat anybody on their day. Some serious biffers in the team, LT, MugCullum, Neesham, Anderson to name but 4!
Report SecondComing December 30, 2014 4:47 AM GMT
Any nation with a population of 4 million people competing against nations such as India and Sri Lanka and India (and beating them) are punching above their weight, well above their weight
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 4:56 AM GMT
I'm sorry SecondComing,

What happened to the Aussie Mongrel today, has it died R.I.P?

Batting till Lunch? wtf?
Report BJT December 30, 2014 5:01 AM GMT
Game on.
Report SecondComing December 30, 2014 5:02 AM GMT
na na na na hey hey hey goooodbyeee

LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report SecondComing December 30, 2014 5:02 AM GMT

Dec 30, 2014 -- 4:56AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

I'm sorry SecondComing,What happened to the Aussie Mongrel today, has it died R.I.P?Batting till Lunch? wtf?

fiveee nill five nil five nil five nil LaughLaughLaugh

Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 5:03 AM GMT
even more reason to be disgusted by the declaration!
Report SecondComing December 30, 2014 5:04 AM GMT

Dec 30, 2014 -- 5:03AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

even more reason to be disgusted by the declaration!

**** off idiot, England would of done the exact same thing

Report Blake84 December 30, 2014 5:05 AM GMT
Kohli was being pretty reckless and taking Rahane with him. These two should shut the shop right up now.
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 5:05 AM GMT
That's because they are intelligent. You lot boast about your stupidity and the way you play the game! But you bottled it!
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 5:07 AM GMT

Whisperingdeath
30 Dec 14 04:19

I really don't see the need to play such expansive shots on a 5th day pitch but then I've never batted on a 5th day ( although I have batted on some 5th day pitchesHappy ).

I suppose they want to play their natural game but dead batting anything straight and leaving widish ones deadens the heart of the fielding team and they start bowling sheite to make something happen. The bowlers know they have a chance with either of these 2 playing shots

Report SecondComing December 30, 2014 5:10 AM GMT
oh, gee.. I dunno

maybe they want to be alive in the series?

typical English ideology, no idea
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 5:12 AM GMT

SecondComing
28 Dec 14 07:09

any other team at 3/400 would go on and make a big score but not india, gutless wonders don't want to play tough when it's time to play tough

makes me sick

Tough cricket from Boof and Smithy...batting till lunch you must be proud!
[/i]
Report SecondComing December 30, 2014 5:20 AM GMT

Dec 30, 2014 -- 5:12AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

SecondComing28 Dec 14 07:09any other team at 3/400 would go on and make a big score but not india, gutless wonders don't want to play tough when it's time to play toughmakes me sickTough cricket from Boof and Smithy...batting till lunch you must be proud![/i]

I am, we've won another test series, appreciate your concern LaughLaugh

Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 5:26 AM GMT
you were right though, You said they would bat on and the game would end in a draw, respec.

Just disappointed you seemed to have abandoned what makes you Australian. Please don't invite me to tea!
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 5:47 AM GMT
Aus gave them too much time and not enough incentive.
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 5:47 AM GMT
Too little time I mean...doh
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 5:48 AM GMT
yep. should've slogged from first ball and got a quick 40
Report BJT December 30, 2014 5:50 AM GMT
About time he gave himself a bowl.  Needs to go around the wicket though.
Report BJT December 30, 2014 5:52 AM GMT
Needs to be 8 fielders around the bat.
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 5:54 AM GMT
comms already talking about both sides shaking hands after another 10 overs
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 6:00 AM GMT
6 wickets in 22 overs. not even west indies could screw this up
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 6:15 AM GMT
Here we go then
Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 6:16 AM GMT
This is going to be an Australian win isn't it. You can sort of just tell.
Report pxb December 30, 2014 6:16 AM GMT
No handshake i think.
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 6:17 AM GMT
Great bowling by MJ. Pujara should have employed a bit of gamesmanship and taken a glass of water.
Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 6:17 AM GMT
No handshake at all with the Indian tail. Need to get Dhoni and then that should be g/0
Report tyco161 December 30, 2014 6:33 AM GMT
Like clockwork.
Report demi123 December 30, 2014 6:33 AM GMT
OUT
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 6:35 AM GMT
you sometimes wonder about the minds of some of these guys! Moronic shot! Stills keeps the excitement going!
Report Blake84 December 30, 2014 6:46 AM GMT
Dhoni clearly not the man for a crisis.
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 6:47 AM GMT
Nice defensive shots from Dhoni.
Report cricketjon December 30, 2014 6:57 AM GMT
good spell this from Harris
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 7:03 AM GMT
I can't believe there hasn't been a wicket in the last 4 overs with all these edges and balls only just passing the bat with nothing more than **** paper gap.
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 7:03 AM GMT
cigarette paper! can't say f@g?
Report cricketjon December 30, 2014 7:05 AM GMT
what time does Pup come on and take the last three wickets in an over?
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 7:09 AM GMT
This Aussie team is not as dominant as that one Jon. Dra had also made Umpires stronger even if not used here. They cannot intimidate Umpires anymore.
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 7:11 AM GMT
If ever India needed a reason to have drs it was that over. It was a disgrace and I think infuenced the introduction of drs
Report cricketjon December 30, 2014 7:13 AM GMT
it was in jest wd, agree with your 2nd point too
Report Blake84 December 30, 2014 7:14 AM GMT
Also Symonds should have been out about 17 times when he made 150 in that match.
Report cricketjon December 30, 2014 7:25 AM GMT
like a number of his inns iirc blake
Report slip5 December 30, 2014 7:26 AM GMT
australia should have carried on lol
Report slip5 December 30, 2014 7:26 AM GMT
3 more overs at least
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 7:29 AM GMT
I am surprised at that. Should have continued with the drama!
Report Blake84 December 30, 2014 7:30 AM GMT
Can't believe that. 1 wicket, even in the second last over could have changed everything.
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 7:33 AM GMT
Quite enjoy the fact that India got a draw out of it at the expense of Shaun Marsh's failed 100. Would be interesting to see what Australia say about the slow run-rate over a whole session this morning and with rain lingering.
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 7:35 AM GMT
Agree Blake. It's almost as if Australia backed the draw today, very weird strategy.
Report LendUsAFiver December 30, 2014 7:43 AM GMT
Smith: "It was a tough five days on a pretty flat wicket. Couple of drop catches in the field cost us dear,"
"India played well, but we have got the series. The wicket did not deteriorate much and they had some strong batting, so we wanted to take it away from them. It was about keeping the series safe, rather than Shaun's hundred. We came close here but it wasn't enough. We are looking forward to make it 3-0 in Sydney. Rhino was outstanding with the bat and with the ball, helped us build up a strong total in the first innings."
Report SecondComing December 30, 2014 7:52 AM GMT
I think India have had every possible chance to win in Australia, 2 of the 3 games so far have been roads.. which is ideal for India given their batsmen are superior to ours.

In regards to Kohli in this game, his reputation has taken a significant blow. You don't really want your next captain coming out in the media and calling out the other team, it's just poor form to take something out from the middle and turn it into a big personal hooplah between yourself and the opposition. It doesn't matter what was said in the middle, I am sure worse has been said and unmentioned in the past. He just strikes me as the kind of guy who is willing to deal it out but refuses to take it back and people will say that Australia is the team who can't take it back but I can't re-call any of our team members ever having a whinge in a press conference after a hard days cricket.

He's a spoilt brat playing for a cricketing nation which always gets what they want and that is starting to rub off on the players, interesting to hear Dhoni playing the "we're developing a team" card, you may very well be developing a team but you need to be able to take 20 wickets to win a test match and they haven't looked able to do that all series.
Report AFL December 30, 2014 9:03 AM GMT
And we have the biggest moron of the lot of them Warner who assaulted Root in a pub...in the media lecturing

the Indians that whatever happens on the field should stay on the field

PPLEASEEEEEE   that coming from Warner. Any wonder they have no respect in the game.
Report Kelly December 30, 2014 1:48 PM GMT
Australia unambitious on last morning , batted like they were openers on the first day instead of potential match winners .  Whether that was down to individuals or team orders will remain in the dressing room , pity that is no longer the norm .

Sledging just pisses most of us off , it's juvenile behaviour in my book , but has been elevated to "manliness" by some .

Indians are OK by me , but some day the penny will drop that they would be better embracing all available technology to ensure fairest possible result . Their batting is good , their bowling not so good .

Dhoni has not been at the races last couple of matches , think he lost interest in Test cricket during last summer .
Report Blake84 December 30, 2014 2:49 PM GMT
Expostulation on the declaration is bullsh#t. India were 3-19 because of those exact deliveries at that exact moment. An earlier declaration and they may have been 0-100 and chased what ever down. Or not.

As for sledging and conduct I couldn't care less. If anything I encourage it. If not for the media harping on it it would be kept on the field and it's really none of our business.
Report Whisperingdeath December 30, 2014 4:33 PM GMT
Yeah I have no problem with the declaration either but I don't see why they boycotted the full session instead of having a bash and hitting 50 quicks runs or so. At the end of the day it was mission completed and congrats to Smith. I wouldn't nail him to the cross for that I just find it a little strange and frankly un Australian!
Report Foinavon December 30, 2014 6:01 PM GMT
Very ordinary stuff, as if Captain Cook had somehow taken the helm.
Will make a mental note for future events.
Report pxb December 30, 2014 9:13 PM GMT
I wouldn't read too much into this declaration.

Circumstances made it more difficult than usual.

Clarke on comms was going on about getting 380 and declaring late day 4, long after it was clearly not going to happen. Probably suckered a few mugs though.
Report AFL December 30, 2014 9:18 PM GMT
Why is this post being censored?

This is the second time its been cut ....what is wrong about it?  All these things have happened including the warner punch.

W/T/F happened to the other posts?

Where i pointed out what a great series Kohli is having and how the bully boys couldn't throw him off his

game.

And how  the Indian team now join the list of teams and captains that have all come out in the media and

said they have no respect for how we play the game. Sth Africa England and India have all said this

Why would this be????? Let's look at our record and see why they would think this way

We punch our opponents in pubs .......we disrespect our opponents before every test....and we claim our

opponents cheat when we get beaten.........and then we relentlessly chat and sledge our opponents to try and

put them off because we are so mentally weak we believe we cant win without doing this.

Perhaps these are some of the reasons we are despised by our opponents and have no respect for how we

approach the game.
Report AFL December 30, 2014 9:27 PM GMT
All these things are on the public record as having happened why is it being censored

Can someone please tell me if i am incorrect in saying Warner punched Root in a pub......this is what i

thought happened and can be about the only reason they would censor this post am i wrong about Warner punching
Root?
Report pxb December 30, 2014 9:28 PM GMT
Probably because you have been reported for posting offensive and irrelevant crap.
Report AFL December 30, 2014 9:33 PM GMT
**** off  since when has offensive crap and relevence been reason to censor on here

Warner is a drop kick who goes around punching people in pubs
Report AFL December 30, 2014 9:38 PM GMT
An Australian player will be decked on the field in the near future .......and the just watch them run to the

authourities and scream unfair as if they have'nt asked for it.

They are taking the game down to the lowest level
Report pxb December 30, 2014 9:56 PM GMT
AFL, generally this is a pretty good forum with worthwhile comments, but every once in a while someone like you comes along and pollutes it with your crap.

Do the same in another thread and I'll report you and try to get you banned.
Report AFL December 31, 2014 12:31 AM GMT
Report me for what you ****. I am stating my opinion. All the instances i have quoted are on the public

record  .. they happened.

If you do not like my opinion then stiff s hit.

Go on report me you dead  s..... hit.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com