Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
trader pj
16 Mar 14 22:11
| Topic/replies: 7,066 | Blogger: trader pj's blog
India will walk this.
Forget Aussies without Mitchel J
West Indies or Pakistan as semi finalists imo
Pause Switch to Standard View T20 WORLD CUP WINNER
Show More
Report trader pj March 16, 2014 9:12 PM GMT
*and (not or)
Report YOMOMMA March 16, 2014 10:02 PM GMT
Isn't Johnson only out for the 1st few games?

Have you seen how dead it is on betfair. Top runscorer, top wicket taker and group winners all dead. Last T20 world cup there was plenty matched.
Report twizzle22 March 16, 2014 11:05 PM GMT
On the Windies at 9/1...all bases covered..no weaknesses.
Report pxb March 17, 2014 1:35 AM GMT
England at 22/26. Surely they are not that bad.

It will be between Aus, Ind and SL. With WI and NZ as long shots.
Report earlycrow March 17, 2014 2:23 AM GMT
Indians fold like a pack of cards when the screws are turned, even worse than the South Africans, put pressure on them and watch them look for someone ells to do it
Report West Coast Eagles March 17, 2014 4:26 AM GMT
Just did a review of the group betting and without a doubt Group 2 (India, Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, Bangladesh probables) every team will have belief that they can finish Top 2 in that group. To qualify from that group you will need to win at least 3 games you would imagine. Still fancy Australia to beat West Indies, Bangladesh.....but as well all know Pakistan's best , is very good and will be a tough team to beat. Australia V India in subcontinent conditions will be a pretty much 50 50 in my opinion (Aussies in better form, India still prefer the Asian style wickets).

As for the other group England will have a battle to qualify from that group (England, NZ, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Ireland/Zimbabwe probables). Having watched England in past World Cups, don't be surprised if they knock over a big team in their group (SA or Sri Lanka) but don't think they have the depth to go on and win on a 'consistent' basis against the really good sides. The good thing for England, the World T20 format is a bit like an 'FA Cup', if they play their best on their day they are still OK. England will do well to win 2 games out of this group, Ireland and Zimbabwe no mugs either. Based on form, England won't beat South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and even Ireland/Zimbabwe will push them (remember 2007 World Cup even though it was 50 over format)
Report lanza March 17, 2014 7:38 AM GMT
i thought something must have happened to the england team last night. It started with my 24 going, but then 30,32,40,44 went also.  I had a little top up at 55. Missed the 60? All in about 5 mins.

Not sure what happened?

Price settled back now... and even tho i dont think eng will win, it was a nice for a little trade.
Report pxb March 17, 2014 9:11 AM GMT
Pak are in even more dissarray than usual, and Bangla wickets will help their bowlers less than India and SL.

Don't see them making the finals.

If you want a dark horse go for NZ. In good form the last year, but no decent spinner unfortunately.
Report trader pj March 17, 2014 9:14 AM GMT

Mar 17, 2014 -- 8:38AM, lanza wrote:

i thought something must have happened to the england team last night. It started with my 24 going, but then 30,32,40,44 went also.  I had a little top up at 55. Missed the 60? All in about 5 mins. Not sure what happened? Price settled back now... and even tho i dont think eng will win, it was a nice for a little trade.

I think a bot went mad - shows how rubbish these bots are - wish I could have got on @40s!

Report peckerdunne March 17, 2014 9:21 AM GMT
Im on New Zealand at 12/1. I will be shocked if they dont come out of the group. The lack of spin may become an issue, but hopefully that will be later in.
Report JustWinBaby March 17, 2014 11:12 AM GMT
South Africa to win
Report aberdonia March 17, 2014 11:18 AM GMT
Tanvir aside, Pakistan put on a bowling master class against the kiwis.  can't resist backing them.
Report Only-the-Brave March 17, 2014 11:42 AM GMT
That was without afridi bowling as well.  Definitely a side with a good chance.
Report the_don March 17, 2014 8:57 PM GMT
Sri Lanka and New Zealand to qualify from their group for me. Think England will struggle if there is no pace on the ball and they don't have a real strike bowler to run through a team a la Malinga. South Africa never produce when they should and they didn't look great in the games v Australia. Have to fancy maybe Australia and India in the other group but haven't looked as closely at that one. Was not too impressed with the West Indies against England though.
Report Panther65 March 18, 2014 6:44 PM GMT
SRI LANKA...in a p!ss easy group

but hopefully the WEST INDIES do well again
Report trader pj March 21, 2014 11:54 PM GMT
Aussie SO over-rated here. 4.1 - is this a joke?!Crazy
Report fordyce March 22, 2014 8:50 AM GMT
was thinking exactly the same. what spin options have they got? hogg fair enough but what has muirhead done in these conditions? maxwell and white? their batting will misfire at some point and if they have an off day in the knock out stages then the party will be over
Report lanza March 22, 2014 5:27 PM GMT
the irish thought they had the better spinners against the dutch! 

T20 is all about smacking 6's and high scores.  The aussies are power packed all the way down. If warner and finch hadnt retired out in the warm up game v nz....which eventually made it too close then they would be 5/2 now having scored way over 200.

The windies have the 6 hitting, (pollard's a miss)  but they have the spinners. (Badree seems to have improved further since last wt20 / shame shillingfod suspended / santokie 's a bonus)   Hammered sri lanka last week and still 9+ 

if one of aus / wi / ind dont win this tourney...il be skint.

Personally hoping aus win tomor, knock out pak and wi manage a win v india.
Report lanza March 22, 2014 5:29 PM GMT
can someone please take my 3.95?   -thanks Laugh
Report lanza March 23, 2014 1:02 PM GMT
pak back in the game not what i wanted, lucky i managed to take 4.0aus, most of my 3.95 went but thought id got away with it.

def need windies now.
Report lanza March 23, 2014 3:13 PM GMT
have had to cut me losses to live to fight another day.  poor batting effort from the windies.  got windies now as my sole suriving winner of note....just incase. Sad

pak nightmare red

everyone else is a loser when pc gets taken from the market.

awful book. Sad
Report trader pj March 24, 2014 10:13 AM GMT
Sri Lanka and India look best so far
Report Mike-lfc March 24, 2014 7:58 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2014 -- 12:05AM, twizzle22 wrote:

On the Windies at 9/1...all bases covered..no weaknesses.

Apart from the batting and bowling.

Report Pollock March 24, 2014 11:20 PM GMT
Surprising no one has mentioned about South Africa. They have a great team, AB, Quinton Dekock, Miller can destroy any bowling attack (don't forget faf and duminy). They can make into semis without a doubt. With a bit of luck they will be in Finals.

even now odds of 8.6 looks very generous.
Report lanza March 25, 2014 5:35 AM GMT
looking ahead.... if sri lanka top the group and the saf's qualify.... look likely will have to beat india in the semi's in mirpur.  (if inida top the group by beating bang well / aus result)

then saf's path to win would be:

beat holland
beat eng
beat india
beat sri / wi / pak / aus
Report johnnythebull March 25, 2014 1:08 PM GMT
really open compo imho more so due to the fallibilities of the sides.India looking good,impressed with their bowling in last match but have played 2 sides who didn't turn up both of which r prob the most mercurial on offer.
SA should've beaten SL,Aus likewise over Pak & NZ over SA.so SA r 1-1 but not how it should have panned out.
whenever i've backed Ind they've come up short & when u don't,well,u know the score.not wholly convinced by any of these sides under pressure which lends itself 2 upsets & excitement right down 2 the wire.
which means Ind will now hose up without coming off the bridleWink
Report trader pj March 26, 2014 10:03 AM GMT
India will now hose up without coming off the bridle
>>
I agree
Report Only-the-Brave March 26, 2014 10:25 AM GMT
certainly looks good for India.  You do worry about that inevitable bad day with the bowling though. 

SA defo a back from a value standpoint.  Beat Netherlands and England and they are in the semis.  Looks a formality tbh.  Aus too short imo considering they will more than likely have to beat India to qualify.  Don't rate their bowling attack at all in these conditions either.  Means one of Windies/Pak are also value - winner of that game likely to go through 2nd.
Report lanza March 26, 2014 10:36 AM GMT
wi - pak  last game of group stage.
Report peckerdunne March 26, 2014 2:27 PM GMT
Beat Netherlands and England and they are in the semis. 

Would you not prefer to know what sort of side Sri Lanka put out against New Zealand first.
Report trader pj March 27, 2014 10:44 AM GMT
WTF is going on? Ned might win this
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com