Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pxb
09 Dec 13 02:01
| Topic/replies: 8,019 | Blogger: pxb's blog
Australia already at the too short to back price of 1.82.

Laying the draw @ 4.7 seems the only play. It aint going to rain.

Is Rankin coming in for Eng? Any other changes? You don't need a spinner in Perth.  Although most teams play one. Will it be Monty? He did OK here, 3 years ago I think.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ashes 3rd Test @ The WACA Perth
Show More
Report West Coast Eagles December 17, 2013 3:16 AM GMT
Crowd is 80 20 in favor of England
Report tyco161 December 17, 2013 3:20 AM GMT
england need 228 off 78 overs, yes 78 overs. Why O why is the draw so low?
Report judorick December 17, 2013 3:25 AM GMT
here we go, new ball

the end is nigh
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 3:25 AM GMT
they're not playing their shots anymore, new ball due now.. pressure will be right on, hard to see them playing shots now
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 3:28 AM GMT
my word they've had some luck
Report BJT December 17, 2013 3:28 AM GMT
Stokes a big keen.  May be nervous 90s in play here.  Much more chance of a nick if he is having a go.
Doing well though.  Think he has just locked his place for the next couple of years.  He may yet be captain next match...
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 3:29 AM GMT
Harris is miles too good for Stokes right now, needs to tone it down a touch, find that edge
Report BJT December 17, 2013 3:29 AM GMT
Have to think Harris being dead on line must get a wicket soon though.
Report pokeron December 17, 2013 3:32 AM GMT
seriously, the slower ball is a dead art. totally would get wickets right now.

aussies just going all out pace.
Report judorick December 17, 2013 3:33 AM GMT
not 'too good' ffs

got a new ball and a wicket that has cracks like the grand canyon in it

too good pffft
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 3:34 AM GMT
if he wasn't too good he'd be nicking these

beaten the bat 14 times in the first hour, 5 hours to go

England no chance
Report tyco161 December 17, 2013 3:35 AM GMT
seriously who is laying the 1.12 on the Aussies. This is a gift to back.
Report BJT December 17, 2013 3:39 AM GMT
Oohh.  Looked like it could have been nasty as all siht....
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 3:40 AM GMT
That's a potential career ender
Report lanza December 17, 2013 3:40 AM GMT
Sad mitch ouch
Report Kelly December 17, 2013 3:43 AM GMT
Getting more interesting . Have been laying the draw over on the "other site" at 17 .  25 on here .  Someone over there must know something we dont .
Report tyco161 December 17, 2013 3:45 AM GMT
you are kidding me! Wow gotta go to the other site. And lay for Larry
Report West Coast Eagles December 17, 2013 3:48 AM GMT
A bit of clouds coming in not sure who that favors but still strong sun at the same time
Report tyco161 December 17, 2013 3:49 AM GMT
haha the draw just touched 18 here. Is that ppl laying there and backing here or is there a touch of rain in the air. Cheers WCE, you answer my question as I type
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 3:49 AM GMT
I reckon the temptation to win the game rather than let it just be a draw will be too much, that's when wickets will tumble
Report mcfc1981 December 17, 2013 3:49 AM GMT

Dec 17, 2013 -- 3:20AM, tyco161 wrote:

england need 228 off 78 overs, yes 78 overs. Why O why is the draw so low?

can a draw not be called early if both captains agree???????? lets say eng are 8 down needing 35 runs

Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 3:50 AM GMT
Prior has been a walking wicket since he got out there, playing loose shots and missing
Report silvs December 17, 2013 3:50 AM GMT
no way clarke is going to not go for the win in that scenario
Report judorick December 17, 2013 3:50 AM GMT
why the hell are you playing a shot like that? insanity
Report Smith1 December 17, 2013 3:51 AM GMT
damn erectile dysfunction ads Cry
Report Kelly December 17, 2013 3:53 AM GMT
Sometimes posts play a part .  Last bet I saw up over there was someone wanting  £55 at 17 , when it was 20 plus on here .  All changed now !
Report dfsdfs December 17, 2013 3:54 AM GMT
GET OUT PRIOR
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 3:55 AM GMT
poor Stokes up the other end, on the verge of a 100 with a game to save
Report jermaine defonebox December 17, 2013 3:58 AM GMT
Yet another pathetic effort from prior.
I honestly think without him his partner trott and the hopeless swann we would be at least level in the series
Cowardism  spreads in the trenches.
At least this is the last series will will have to bear the above.
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 4:00 AM GMT
We will learn if Stokes is playing for himself or playing for the team when he gets his 100
Report BJT December 17, 2013 4:03 AM GMT
He may not be a high class batsman, but that is a high class innings, and much deserved century...  Good to see.
Report SecondComing December 17, 2013 4:03 AM GMT
nope, playing for himself LaughLaugh
Report batsman25 December 17, 2013 4:04 AM GMT
Lets be honest you wont bat the day for the draw, he is better off playing his shots and seeing if England can be in a position to win with say 100 to win.
Report nickw December 17, 2013 4:06 AM GMT
well played stokes
Report Smith1 December 17, 2013 4:09 AM GMT
Planned Maintenance: Betfair Website – Tuesday, 17th December, 2013

We at Betfair constantly strive to offer and deliver the best possible service to our customers. As part of this process we are improving our site, and as a result of this there will be an outage on Tuesday 17th December 2013 from 06:45 to 07:25 GMT as the on-going improvements take place. These improvements are essential if we are to continue delivering the high standards we set ourselves and that you expect.

Updates during the planned maintenance will be available at service.betfair.info   

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for continuing to bet with us.

The Betfair Team

could get messy if match hasn't finished yet
Report jermaine defonebox December 17, 2013 4:09 AM GMT
Oh i forgot that useless t wat anderson as well   He must worst batman  in  world cricket and hes not any good bowling either with his 80 mph half volleys .
Bin the 4 of them
Report tyco161 December 17, 2013 4:11 AM GMT
That guy Stokes looks like a good batsman. A Kiwi isnt he?
Report judorick December 17, 2013 4:15 AM GMT
pricks who think Anderson is a bad bowler ought to go look up the stats ffs, second highest England wicket taker of all time

ffs
Report Mike-lfc December 17, 2013 4:17 AM GMT
180 to win. 4 wickets. They will get close then collapse no doubt
Report jermaine defonebox December 17, 2013 4:26 AM GMT
Only takes them against bangla or at nottingham jud. Doesnt look to good here does he
Please dont call people pricks shows you as a bit of a twa t mate.
Report lanza December 17, 2013 4:31 AM GMT
ENGLAND 9.8 Shocked -172runs
Report lanza December 17, 2013 4:35 AM GMT
another session like that would be great for england, nightmare if the planned betfair outage takes place tho. Laugh
Report Kelly December 17, 2013 4:38 AM GMT
The outage will start before the scheduled end of the next (afternoon ) session . Might be messy .
Report JustWinBaby December 17, 2013 4:40 AM GMT
We are in for a cracking afternoon session.
Report alabaster crashes down December 17, 2013 4:40 AM GMT
Only takes them against bangla or at nottingham jud.

must have imagined the 24 he picked up here last tour then eh? Cry
Report steview84 December 17, 2013 4:48 AM GMT
another 50 runs without a wicket and Even Stevens???
Report tyco161 December 17, 2013 4:52 AM GMT
yeah you could be onto something there steview, but i would be backing Australia all day in that scenario
Report Dragon32 December 17, 2013 4:56 AM GMT
BF Praying for quick wickets or it could be very embarrassing for them
Report BJT December 17, 2013 4:58 AM GMT

Dec 17, 2013 -- 4:15AM, judorick wrote:

pricks who think Anderson is a bad bowler ought to go look up the stats ffs, second highest England wicket taker of all timeffs

Key word there being English....

If you look at the wicket takers around him, they are for the most part averaging about 5 runs better than him.

He bowls a lot more than others.  Simple as that.  He averages 37 overs a game which is closer to spinners than fast bowlers.

If you really want to look at the stats, you see he goes for more runs per wicket, more runs per over and takes longer to get his wickets than most.

63 bowlers taken more than 200 wickets.

52 of them have a better average.
49 of them go for less an over.
34 of them took less balls.

Bowling more than others doesnt make a great.  A lot of those stats include spinners so if you cut out them and compare for games and overs bowled he wouldnt even be on the list.

Report BJT December 17, 2013 5:06 AM GMT
Out of the wickets that he has taken in the last 2 series, how many were important, and how many were wickets thrown away chasing a quick 150 rushing for declaration?

Always amusing when somebody suggests to go to the stats, when they really mean, only look at this 1 stat.
Report West Coast Eagles December 17, 2013 5:09 AM GMT
At the ground now conditions perfect for cricket
Report Kelly December 17, 2013 5:09 AM GMT
Laid England over there at 6/1 .  Someone with a different view from Betfair odds .  Australia were 1/5 also .  Running out of money over there , cant top it up at night .
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:11 AM GMT
ashley giles on to bowl.  come on stokes!!!
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:12 AM GMT
oppp i mean lyon.
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:13 AM GMT
i mean...anyone getting out to lyon... should be taken out the back and shot.  Wink
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:19 AM GMT
Laugh oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nearly had the firing squad for  stokes.....

bang.   lol
Report Smith1 December 17, 2013 5:19 AM GMT
nas ramping
Report Mike-lfc December 17, 2013 5:19 AM GMT
Stokes out?
Report dfsdfs December 17, 2013 5:20 AM GMT
GONE
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:21 AM GMT
yeah.  jinxed him.... sorry lads. Laugh
Report Mike-lfc December 17, 2013 5:23 AM GMT
LOOOOOL
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:24 AM GMT
Laugh what a ball... i take it back. Laugh
Report Mike-lfc December 17, 2013 5:25 AM GMT
Trying to be as quiet at possible at this time but that made me laugh loud
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:29 AM GMT
bang..  lol
Report Mike-lfc December 17, 2013 5:29 AM GMT
Swann you are ****g ****.
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:32 AM GMT
england have looked good when attacking... giving it away with little to no fight.  Sad

well played to the austrians. Laugh
Report earlycrow December 17, 2013 5:33 AM GMT
Was always going to be a bridge to far, but nice to see some fight from England, hopefully we get some form of a contest for the rest of the series, love to see the poms win the toss in the last two test
Report Mike-lfc December 17, 2013 5:36 AM GMT
England are awful ffs
Report Smith1 December 17, 2013 5:37 AM GMT
pipe down mike
Report Mike-lfc December 17, 2013 5:37 AM GMT
Why? It's embarrassing.
Report BJT December 17, 2013 5:38 AM GMT
Because by pointing it out may mean others will notice......  lol
Report Mike-lfc December 17, 2013 5:45 AM GMT
GSM
Report BJT December 17, 2013 5:47 AM GMT
An hours fight trying to hold the ashes, in 3 tests.

Fcuking terrible team....
Report rommel December 17, 2013 5:48 AM GMT
very well played australia
Report lanza December 17, 2013 5:48 AM GMT
well played australia Shocked

what was Arthur doing as coach?
Report rommel December 17, 2013 5:50 AM GMT
england were beaten before they stepped on the plane,what a wretched bunch
Report rommel December 17, 2013 6:03 AM GMT
such a great fight,fckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk me
Report BJT December 17, 2013 6:07 AM GMT
Surprised they don't have beers in their hands already ffs....
Report lanza December 17, 2013 6:07 AM GMT
and a carrot juice for siddle.
Report JustWinBaby December 17, 2013 6:16 AM GMT
Attention now moves to 5-0. Will be interesting to see what Eng does with the team for Boxing Day
Report West Coast Eagles December 17, 2013 6:36 AM GMT
England will make changes for the remaining 2 games
Report West Coast Eagles December 17, 2013 6:38 AM GMT
Prior has to go, Broad will be injured, huge question mark on Swann who has had a terrible series so far...........and KP is at stage in his career where he is out of form and is probably the 5th or 6th best batsman in the England lineup. If I was England for the next match: Id bring in Bairstow as wicketkeeper, give Rankin a debut and play Monty Panesar. Now is time to blood the young ones in and hope for the best in the future
Report West Coast Eagles December 17, 2013 6:41 AM GMT
I actually think as a team , there has been coherence in the England squad. I just think as a team, they have been spirited but some of the key senior members have been very dissapointing in this series in particular: KP (whose body language at the WACA looked like he didnt want to be there), Prior, Swann and Anderson. And Cook's captaincy has been a bit under question.
Report Kelly December 17, 2013 11:15 AM GMT
I have consistently wondered about my personal ratings of individual members of the English team over the last number of years , particularly when England were rated one or two in the world test wise . However it would probably have appeared as "traiterous " to have queried this even though I am Irish and not tied to our near neighbours apron strings .

The virtual complete absence of English players in the IPL tended to verify  my view , assuming it was not just an economic or Board policy . The fairly abject performance of this last month tends to make me think there is more than a little substance in my views .  I reckon the reason for this must have been the collective effort of the team , masking individual short comings . 

Those short comings seem to have surfaced big time .

Mind you Australia were no great shakes coming into this series , particularly batting wise . Beating this England team given all the circumstances does not elevate Australia 2013- 14 to any cult status for the moment .

Guess this might annoy both sets of supporters , my jury is out on the relative merits of both sides until they play a couple more series against different opposition in different conditions . England quicks with a few notable exceptions seldom could trouble good batsmen without the help of atmospheric and pitch conditions such as they grew up on . Perth for instance  is not home .

How much interest will there be in the last 2 tests in a dead rubber series ?
Report DStyle December 17, 2013 11:50 AM GMT
not sure you can use English players' selection for the IPL as a gauge of the quality of the English side.

The availability of English players is a major problem as few are allowed to play let alone for the full season.

But secondly we don't produce the sort of explosive batsmen required, and we don't have any mystery spinners or genuine quicks.

England's problem started to become evident when we lost to South Africa at home in 2012, but the win in India and reclaiming the Ashes at home convinced the brains trust that nothing needed doing, papering over the cracks.

Cook is the poorest tactical captain in living history. I also question his ability to motivate his side and to impose discipline. There were plenty of opportunities for an Edgbaston 2005 rallying call this series, but no-one seemed up for it. Can you imagine how Hussain would have reacted when Swann was congratulated for his gallon in the 2nd innings at Brisbane? There is a matey complacency amongst Anderson and Swann reminiscent of Harmison and Hoggard at the end of 2008. It's a shame Flower seems to have forgotten how he handled that situation.

Even after everything that's happened, Cook still believes in just down to bad form.

None as blind as those that will not see.
Report West Coast Eagles December 17, 2013 1:04 PM GMT
I still think there will be major interest in the 2 dead rubbers. Australia will be looking to clean sweep them 5-0 now as their belief is strong. England will be keen to do well on Boxing Day (its the biggest event on the cricketing calendar) . England's best opportunity of a win is in either Sydney or Melbourne (probably Sydney more so)
Report bobojon December 17, 2013 1:33 PM GMT
boxing day - biggest day on the aus calender but not sure how it rates on the eng calender. Still its a sellout so should be close to 100k there unless some dont turn up
Report Kelly December 17, 2013 2:27 PM GMT
Reckon most of the English team would sooner be back at home on Boxing Day sleeping off the turkey and with their slippers on in front of a fire . Always hard to predict reactions unless you know the psyche of those involved  , on both sides .

Public like events to be meaningful , dead rubber situation nullifys that unless both teams feel they have something to prove . Reckon only the Aussies still have an agenda .
Report Injera December 17, 2013 6:01 PM GMT
Going in to the series I feared that Jimmy, Prior and Swann were on the way down in terms of their career.

The selection at Perth was of course madness. Quickest deck on earh and we play the same attack as a Test at Headingly in May!

I would have played Finn, Broad and Rankin. Jimmy on drinks.

Nothing excuses the dismissals to leg side catches. Flower and Gooch culpable. They had no influence over that so what exactly do they do?????

4 guys caught at deep square at Adelaide second innings. KP caught twice at mid wicket, twice at mid on and long on? Really Are you serious???

We weren't right in the head.

Very well done Oz. Superb cricket.
Report posy December 17, 2013 6:34 PM GMT
I hope KP is back in this country for Christmas.Never again should this mercenary play any form of cricket for England.There have been divisive players in the dressing room before but this scum bag is the worst of all.
Report Captain Wurzel December 17, 2013 10:00 PM GMT
Seek help ^^^ - it's a game of cricket ffs
Report geordie1956 December 17, 2013 10:43 PM GMT
I'll be surprised if Flower continues as coach after this series - I'm sure he is fully aware the team is now on a rapid downward spiral -could be a difficult few years as there doesn't appear to be a lot of outstanding potential out there in the shires. The Aussies have a few also who will be lucky to survive until the next Ashes series in 2015 - quite a few over 30 and some mid thirties but they do seem to have some younger players with ability - might be a while before we get the urn back
Report donny osmond December 17, 2013 11:31 PM GMT
there'll be a few seaming pitches in 2015

one thing we have plenty of is bowlers to exploit them

well done aussies on regaining ashes
Report earlycrow December 17, 2013 11:56 PM GMT
The writing was on the wall after the English summer with the score line flattering England IMO. I gave Australia no chance and they lost 3-0 but weren't thumped as they should have been. I expected Australia to improve at home but did not expect England to fall so far from its best. I don't believe we would be looking at a 3-0 score line if England had won the toss in either of the first two test. With the mental state of the English and the lack of desire to stand up and fight when the series was on the line makes it hard to believe a 5-0 result is not a for gone conclusion, which when looking at the teams on paper is hard to fathom. Would love to see bell move to 3 to set the tempo and get things moving along and put pressure on Australia early. Australia got ride of the left handers to blunt Swans effect on the game and it has worked, maybe time to give Monty ago
Report johnnyrant December 18, 2013 7:43 AM GMT
Sad but inevitable to see the usual hysterical over-reaction and lambasting of England after such a resounding loss. In a way you have to admire the way Oz deal with Ashes defeat - burying the coverage and pretending it never happened. Or persuading themselves their Ashes side must be the worst in living history to have lost.

It has always been, and will always be, incredibly difficult to win an Ashes series in Oz. That's why it was such a monumental win by Eng 3 years ago - the first time Eng had achieved it since 1987.

Flower has done a terrific job - winning 3 Ashes series in succession a seriously impressive achievement. The likes of KP, Swann, Anderson have a good few years still in them. Absolutely ridiculous to be writing their obituaries as test players now.

The side has collectively under-performed. In 2010, all the batters were in fantastic nick; in this series, they have all been totally out of nick.

You have to give plenty of credit to Oz for excellent bowling plans though. Another key difference has been the lower order contributions with the bat from Haddin and M.Johnson.

This used to be where Eng held sway - the tail wagging but in this series Oz has managed to reverse this trend with the Eng lower order blown away.
Report earlycrow December 18, 2013 11:54 PM GMT
JohnnyRanting if the team that went to England last summer wasn't the worst since the introduction of World Series Cricket I'll eat my hat
Report johnnyrant December 19, 2013 8:36 AM GMT
It's the same team as the one that has just won the Ashes 3-0. Interesting logic Confused
Report earlycrow December 19, 2013 8:55 AM GMT
Same team ffs Johnny don't let facts get in the way will you
Report johnnyrant December 19, 2013 9:39 AM GMT
of course, how could I forget Mitchell Johnson, the guy who was also part of the side in 2010 claimed to be Oz's worst test side ever.
Report earlycrow December 19, 2013 1:14 PM GMT
Keep trying
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com