Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
28 Apr 20 16:20
| Topic/replies: 24,689 | Blogger: ----you-have-to-laugh---'s blog
government policy or choice not to go to hospital?
Pause Switch to Standard View why are so many people not going to...
Show More
Report 1st time poster April 28, 2020 5:27 PM BST
handjob wanted them to have a good chance of survival and not take up his spare icu capacity, as there now dead handjob thinks he was right
Report 1st time poster April 28, 2020 5:28 PM BST
his job is to save beds not lives Devil
Report lapsy pa April 28, 2020 5:31 PM BST
I am not saying it suited everyone in a care home to go to hospital but it appears to have been very few?
Why if so? Haven't they a right to a hospital bed?
Why were the few who did go to hospital allowed back untested into care homes?
Report SontaranStratagem April 28, 2020 5:44 PM BST
Now they want people back at the hospitals because there so damn empty LaughLaugh

Being led by a bunch of clowns, whether its done by design makes no difference, they are thick regardless
Report Cider April 28, 2020 7:05 PM BST
It's simply a clinical judgement, the majority of people limited to living in a care home will not benefit from going to hospital, going into ICU and being put on a ventilator. In most cases, neither the individual (if they are aware) or the next of kin will want them to go through that just to die alone in hospital.
Report Cider April 28, 2020 7:10 PM BST
It just requires some logic, and common sense on how you deal with someone who cannot carry out the basics of life on their own, and is at the end of their innings in the most appropriate way.
Report lapsy pa April 28, 2020 7:15 PM BST
Indeed Cider,allow them visitors until the last week in March? The whole home aren't necessary at "the end of their innings"
Report Cider April 28, 2020 7:19 PM BST
Have you been in one for any period of time? I don't think there was an occasion when I visited my Nan when a body bag wasn't going out the door.
Report casemoney April 28, 2020 7:22 PM BST
No one is going to Hospitals some A&Es 50 % Down , begs the question why were they going previously ??

Been in a few A&E fook all wrong with half the people in them .. Pishheads Drug Cases and sprains ..
Report Cider April 28, 2020 7:23 PM BST
It's not much of a life really for them, it's an existence. So if you ban family from visiting you're taking away their main reason for existing, the ones who know where they are Sad
Report lapsy pa April 28, 2020 7:30 PM BST
I have Cider,my Dad was put put into one for about 6 weeks while recovering from cancer,a few there were lost cases but i got a few hellos too.(Dad in family home 2 years after,grand).

So if your answer if they are fcked anyway,it isn't necessary true,they have a right to not having their life cut short.
Report Cider April 28, 2020 7:42 PM BST
I'm not saying they're fcked anyway, I'm saying only a tiny minority would benefit from going to hospital with covid 19. You have to look at the situation in the round, rather than like the mainstream media desperate for the latest alarmist attention seeking headline or social media post. As with all these judgments there are competing priorities. Banning visits is detrimental to ALL care home residents, hugely detrimental. A care home has to have people coming in and out daily, who can't follow shielding. It's not like if you banned personal visits there would be nobody passing away in a care home suspected of being covid 19 positive.
Report lapsy pa April 28, 2020 7:51 PM BST
The French Care Home thread is a better one,there were problems in Italy ans Spain,even Ireland were warning later, if you think that only closing on the 23rd of March to facilitate visiting was a good idea, well...

I am not saying it wasn't going to happen,it should have been lessened, after promises of testing on 15th 24th and again today of care home testing,it is plain wrong.
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 28, 2020 7:52 PM BST
I visited my gran in a care home.  Luckily my other three grandparents died without needing one.  I recall she hated it.  She got gangreen, needed her leg cut off, and quite rightly decided death was preferable for everyone.
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 28, 2020 8:00 PM BST
About 10 years ago my wife helped out with a christian charity, and one of the people she helped was a bloke with both legs amputaed.  We even had him over to watch the CL final when Inter Milan won.  One day he told her he had a secret.  That he'd killed his wife/girlfriend in his youth and he than lay on the train tracks to die.  He didn't die, but lost both legs.  That ended up saving his life as he would've been hanged.  There is a news archive of the ase on the BBC website somewhere.
Report sewter lives again April 28, 2020 8:01 PM BST
Ethics an impossible conversation to have as you will find it very difficult to get people to agree

Personally I would say that a huge percentage of care home residents would not tolerate or benefit from hospitalization

let alone ventilation and ICU
Report Cider April 28, 2020 8:02 PM BST

Apr 28, 2020 -- 1:51PM, lapsy pa wrote:

The French Care Home thread is a better one,there were problems in Italy ans Spain,even Ireland were warning later, if you think that only closing on the 23rd of March to facilitate visiting was a good idea, well...I am not saying it wasn't going to happen,it should have been lessened, after promises of testing on 15th 24th and again today of care home testing,it is plain wrong.

That was part of the overall judgement. There's no economic factors involved, in theory banning care home visits would have been one of the easiest measures to take. The constant need to play top trumps with covid 19 is such a futile one. Nobody has the exact same variables.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 28, 2020 9:50 PM BST
not all folk in care homes are going to die within two years

i have an uncle who is aged 92 and moved into his carehome over ten years ago.

he is lucky his carehome have a policy of lockdown that was imposed before government
advice.

fingers crossed he and his friends are ok, and if not, somebody gets them into a hospital.
Report Reynard April 28, 2020 10:12 PM BST
Possibly cos they aint dying from coronavirus ? Confused
Report Coachbuster April 28, 2020 10:20 PM BST
I think when you get to 60 you should take a mental health/personality/ISTP test in advance  ...

some people more suited to care homes and being around people ...for me  the idea of a home would drive me fooken nuts as you are SURROUNDED by people Scared

maybe have isolation pods at least
Report Cider April 29, 2020 3:28 PM BST

Apr 28, 2020 -- 3:50PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

not all folk in care homes are going to die within two yearsi have an uncle who is aged 92 and moved into his carehome over ten years ago.he is lucky his carehome have a policy of lockdown that was imposed before governmentadvice.fingers crossed he and his friends are ok, and if not, somebody gets them into a hospital.

Your uncle is clearly not representative of the average care home resident. Nobody is saying that they should all be banned from going to hospital, but should (and will) only go if it's in their best interest.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com