Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
black shuck
29 Mar 20 20:17
| Topic/replies: 2,535 | Blogger: black shuck's blog
I was scared s hit less when she talked about 6 months...I'm struggling now having lost my life and income..how long will people be prepared to be locked down for?
Pause Switch to Standard View When does the cure become worse than...
Show More
Report casemoney March 29, 2020 10:15 PM BST
Plain We will all go foooking Crazy in 6 months
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 29, 2020 10:59 PM BST
Be all over in the next fortnight shuck, just a strain of flu that kills the old.
Report ooO{Alpha Centauri}Ooo March 29, 2020 11:07 PM BST
Already kicking off in Italy.  Lock down isn't necessary, will just cause more deaths.  Reading through the data and international reports shows this is all being blown out of all proportion. Very few people die of Covid 19, it's just that some people dying are positive for coronavirus.  If every one was tested it would show how the figures used to scare you are totally misleading.
Report black shuck March 29, 2020 11:10 PM BST
I would happily take my chances with the virus rather than be forced to lose everything I have worked for..which is happening now..I will be complicit for others sake but at some point there will unrest be very assured of that
Report blank March 29, 2020 11:13 PM BST
In 6 months we will be approaching next winter so seems a strange time to lift restrictions. No vaccine likely by then, so they must be expecting the virus to fizzle out and close all borders or for 60% of us to have caught it by then.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 29, 2020 11:13 PM BST
I feel for you shuck, Just give it a week or 2 things will change so quickly with something they dont have a clue about.
Report duffy March 29, 2020 11:26 PM BST
Ibrahima Sonko 29 Mar 20 21:59 
Be all over in the next fortnight shuck, just a strain of flu that kills the old.

UK racing to resume on or before 1st May currently 5.3...help yourselfLaugh
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 29, 2020 11:32 PM BST
Nah, i go for royal ascot.

Would you like a little side bet ?
Report duffy March 29, 2020 11:34 PM BST
I was wondering, as we keep being told by the naysayers that all these death figures are the same as normal, how come we coped in previous years without using the Excel centre for 4,000 extra beds, or by having to draft in retired medical people to the front line, it might even make you wonder why everyone is clapping the NHS staff for as these deaths would have happened anyway and it's only the normCrazy
Report duffy March 29, 2020 11:37 PM BST
Fook me Sonko, you must be really desperate for a bet, I thought I'd really suffer without the horses but so far I'm coping better than most it seems.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 29, 2020 11:38 PM BST
Who are the nonsayers ? Name them.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 29, 2020 11:40 PM BST
Is that your answer to not offering ?

Not had a bet since Mcfabulous won on i think the 21st.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 30, 2020 12:03 AM BST
I'm going to bed in the next 10 mins.

You do not call me an addict when i am not, you do not change the subject onto a government on preparations for the worst scenario.

I will not mention the coneygree fred, no doubt you have forgotten about.

I will be pm you shortly to see if you have the balls of your post.
Report Darlo Bantam March 30, 2020 12:11 AM BST
Thankfully (maybe anyway) it seems she didn't say six months. The headlines are misleading. She seems to have said to continue to review and maybe up to six months. Not sure why six months though, why not less, why not more, and why even exactly six months if it's continually up for review.

That said, can you really see the country sticking with this for six months?
Report duffy March 30, 2020 5:31 PM BST
Sonko,

I'd just typed out a far longer response but have thought better of it, it's not needed at this time, but what I'll just say is that my response initially was primarily in response to your initial post which I thought was rather harsh.

I apologize if I offended you as I would not have intended to, for the record I hope you are right that we can get back to normal sooner than we'd hoped, good luck to you and yours and well done with Coneygree (which I did say at the time)Wink
Report Charlie March 30, 2020 5:42 PM BST

Mar 29, 2020 -- 10:59PM, Ibrahima Sonko wrote:

You complete and utter moron.

Report black shuck March 30, 2020 5:46 PM BST
No darlo the country won't stick this for 6 months..to be honest I'm surprised at how many people are milling about today..I live in a town centre and can see out the window
Report duffy March 30, 2020 5:54 PM BST
I have to say that I broke cover today to go out and pick up my prescription and I am one of the high risk vulnerable ones who received a letter.

I've tried to e-mail my consultant to get it confirmed if the letter really does apply to me as they did say that the computer generated letters would sweep up some who wouldn't really need to get one, can't contact him though.
Report Coachbuster March 30, 2020 6:01 PM BST
duffy you shouldn't be walking about in chemists mate  ...go online ,loads of community groups who will get that for you
Report thegiggilo March 30, 2020 6:04 PM BST
A couple of weeks?,the peak isn't due for two weeks..
Report Charlie March 30, 2020 6:06 PM BST
duffy
I understand your concern.

Fortunately I'm not one of the high risk ones like you. Last week I had to collect my monthly prescription, from Boots, and felt uncomfortable in doing so. I asked them if I could have it delivered and after a bit of oohing and aahing they said I could if I paid £5. I told them to stick it.

Wanted to contact my doctor to see if they could issue a three month prescription rather than for just a month but proved impossible.

Good luck duffy.
Report duffy March 30, 2020 6:21 PM BST
There was no excuse for me, I have people who can go out for me, however I am in a group within a group, there is an assumption I think that the 1.5 million are already infirmed and don't work, however I was diagnozed with an auto-innume disease of the kidneys over 20 years ago but have remained asymptomatic with no deterioration in my kidneys in all that time and so I work, incidentally I therefore take an immuno-suppressant drug, but have looked on-line and have found some medical papers that showed it being used with some success against SARs and MERS in the past, which is why I wanted to contact my consultant for clarification.

Luckily I have been furloughed by my company but if I had not been I would now be looking at being off work with sick pay, which I would have been forced to ignore and continue working, this is another group the Govt have missed.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com