Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Baphornet
12 Apr 19 16:13
| Topic/replies: 11,792 | Blogger: Baphornet's blog
good luck
Pause Switch to Standard View Billy Vunipola being threatened by...
Show More
Report Baphornet April 12, 2019 6:37 PM BST
England place now threatenedLaugh May as well stay at home then
Report Baphornet April 15, 2019 1:15 PM BST
booed yesterday by Bristol fans; he now has to face the RFU over his comments. My advice to Billy; retire from international rugby for England. Make a stance fully
Report UBLE/REGY April 15, 2019 1:24 PM BST
His comment 'Man was made for woman to procreate'.

Does not seem controversial to me...it is the truth, biologically.

Another one who may have to play his rugby in Brunei???Sad
Report themightymac April 15, 2019 1:54 PM BST
It listed a number of offenders that would end up in Hell, including drunkards, but they seem to be focusing on one particular group.
Report UBLE/REGY April 15, 2019 1:58 PM BST
gamblers??? I hope not MMShocked
Report Baphornet April 15, 2019 2:02 PM BST
there are plenty of sportsment & women who have the same views; but they aren't Christian
Report nineteen points April 15, 2019 2:46 PM BST
has it come to a stage now where you cant have an opinion? what ever happened to free speech?
Report alun2005 April 15, 2019 6:12 PM BST
Poor Billy Vunipola expressed himself honestly (a rare and commendable thing indeed for a sportsman), but his opinion seemingly must be silenced. He has reportedly lost one job already over this (with Channel 4).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2019/04/13/billy-vunipola-axed-channel-4-supporting-israel-folau-homophobia/
Report Baphornet April 15, 2019 6:24 PM BST
yes Alun, CH4 now everyone goSurprised
Report Baphornet April 15, 2019 6:28 PM BST
England will miss him, a damn sight more than he will miss them. I humbly suggest they are very careful how they speak to him
Report UBLE/REGY April 15, 2019 6:47 PM BST
H has not said anything homophobic has he, he has just expressed what he thinks is sex is for

He has made no mention of the other ways people use sex...????

He is also supporting his friend..

This is unfair
Report Baphornet April 15, 2019 6:50 PM BST
homophobic just been thrown aroundm CH5. Sickening double standards
Report UBLE/REGY April 15, 2019 8:17 PM BST
I think CH4 and CH5 are more worried about losing Advertisers than anything else tbh.

I do not see Vunipola has made a homophobic remark, he does not mention them at all. He has just expressed a personal belief

I have to admit Israel Falou's views may be seen as a touch homophobic.

But then if those are his views, whatever happened to free speech.
Report UBLE/REGY April 15, 2019 8:18 PM BST
The Gay Mafia have banned free speech on this subject, I don't like itSad
Report Baphornet April 16, 2019 10:30 PM BST
so Billy receives a 'formal warning'Laugh RFU aren't as stupid as they make out. Billy never apologised
Report Reynard April 16, 2019 10:54 PM BST
Pandering to heterophobics in a world where 'normal' is rapidly becoming abnormal Crazy
Report Baphornet April 16, 2019 11:01 PM BST
Reynard; if there is one guy England cannot afford to lose in this World Cup year, it's this guy. I would imagine the only ones apologising were the RFU
Report Whisperingdeath April 17, 2019 10:03 AM BST
It is ok for adulterer's to burn in hell but not homosexuals?

Confusing messages coming out here!
Report cardifffc April 17, 2019 10:21 AM BST
nineteen points...........but his opinion is stupid and based on a book written 2000 or more years ago...........if he said people should take their unruly kids to edge of town and stone them to death  would that be fair because he is only using his free speech
Report cardifffc April 17, 2019 10:23 AM BST
you probably think being gay is a lifestyle choice
Report Reynard April 17, 2019 10:43 AM BST
I haven't seen a transcript of exactly what he said , nor am I really bothered , as cardifffc said , his beliefs are based on scripture written 2000 years ago . What I do believe is that he is entitled to his opinion . He doesn't appear to be advocating any punishment be bestowed on those who choose to live in any particular way , unlike some , therefore his words don't constitute a threat . "God will punish you" is very different from "I/we will punish you" .
Report cardifffc April 17, 2019 10:51 AM BST
Reynard.......his words will encourage others to discriminate against minorities
Report Whisperingdeath April 17, 2019 10:53 AM BST
The focus on homosexuals seems to be the issue. He was not focusing on anyone but who HE perceived as sinners. Homosexuals or was it just gay men were just one of several groups destined for fire and brimstone in his eyes.

Seems to me like people just want a row. Very little focus on a stupid book written and rewritten but humans. Very little focus on the attrocities that religion/s carried out on innocent people who were not adulterers, fornicators or homosexual.

Or maybe nobody has the bottle to tell Big Billy he is stupid to believe what is written in a stupid book
Report Whisperingdeath April 17, 2019 10:56 AM BST
you probably think being gay is a lifestyle choice

I have to be honest here. I do not think about being gay. I do not think about gay people. I don't care what people do to get their rocks off as long as it does not harm others. I do not think about people on the basis of their sexual preference.
Report Reynard April 17, 2019 11:09 AM BST
cardifffc - If that was his intention , or people discriminate against others as a result of what he said then it is wrong . Nobody should suffer discrimination , whoever they are . Like I said , I don't know exactly what he said , although in the current climate where people take offence at the slightest inference he may have been better advised to say nothing and just get on with his life .
Report Whisperingdeath April 17, 2019 11:16 AM BST
Folau posted a meme that read: “Warning drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists, idolaters, Hell awaits you. Repent! Only Jesus saves” before adding a Bible verse from Galatians.

He went on to add: “Those who are living in sin will end up in Hell unless you repent. Jesus Christ loves you and is giving you time to turn away from your sin and come to him”

Something on these lines I think
Report Baphornet April 17, 2019 11:28 AM BST
let me clarify something here; Billy originally said NOTHING! he 'liked' an Instagram post by Israel Folau; please note his 1st name. He was than 'encouraged' to unlike the post, to which he rufused; it was then he gave his reasons & his beliefs
carfiff; but his opinion is stupid and based on a book written 2000 or more years ago...........if he said people should take their unruly kids to edge of town and stone them to death  would that be fair because he is only using his free speech Try telling that to readers & preachers of the Qur'an, who enact & repeat words from it on a regular basis. Double standards? Repeat those words on Instagram & see what happens
Report nineteen points April 17, 2019 4:30 PM BST
no cardiff i am dont at all.all i am saying is at what point do we all just have everything we can and cant say written into law of the land.obviously things evolved and for the better. where will this all end? i respect every human beings right to live the life they want.i will never have a problem with that,but surely they have to respect other peoples right to life values
Report Injera April 17, 2019 6:07 PM BST
Billy opposes Cameron's railroaded gay marriage law. He does so based on 700 years of English Family Law and thousands of years of cross culture tradition.

A sad world that persecutes a man for holding a view that has been held dear by millions of people over the course of this world's existence.

And yes the Bible does only advocate marriage between a man and a woman. As does every other teaching handed down by a myriad of scholars and traditions. To oppose a Christian viewpoint of marriage is to oppose virtually every other culture/belief system that's ever existed.
Report portmanpark April 17, 2019 8:07 PM BST
Think marriage predates the bible and what relevance is a book written probably 3000 years ago to todays society.The bible allows polygamy so your statement about a marriage being between a man and woman is nonsense.Bible allowed a MAN to have several wifes but a woman didn't have that right.So I do see the bible as a good moral teaching regarding marriage.
Report Injera April 17, 2019 10:05 PM BST
Genesis (3000 years ago) said 1 man 1 wife.
Report portmanpark April 17, 2019 10:16 PM BST
Polygamy is allowed in the bible.Its  not called the big book of multiple choice for nothing.Genesis says the world is 6000 years old but we know for instance indigenous Australians go back at least 55,000 years so quoting genesis is a bit daft.
Report portmanpark April 17, 2019 10:18 PM BST
injera....Why don't you go the full hog and say you believe in noahs ark as you seem to place plenty of faith in the "good book".
Report UBLE/REGY April 17, 2019 10:35 PM BST
I still don't see he said anything homophobic.Confused

He just stated what he thought sex was for, between men and women.

I think most people think this tbh.

Of course some people preefer it other ways, as long as it does involve children and is consensual

no problem.

What was he supposed to do, admit to evry other variety of sex going, including sheep!
Report UBLE/REGY April 17, 2019 10:37 PM BST
It is not only gays, us sheep shaggers were also hurtBlush

ooops I should not have let that one outLaugh
Report portmanpark April 17, 2019 10:42 PM BST
UBLE...only an homophobic person could read it that way.Science doesn't back up his biblical views.We know that about 7 or 8% percent of humans are born gay.Homosexuality also exists in the animal kingdom its not something exclusive to humans.Its not a case of opinion we know through science homosexuality is perfectly normal.
Report UBLE/REGY April 19, 2019 12:25 AM BST
Yes but Vunipola did not say anything HOMOPHOBIC he just expressed his own personal preference.

We all know there are people that are Gay.

We don't have to go on reminding ourselves about it every day do we?
Report UBLE/REGY April 19, 2019 12:26 AM BST
Is it a now a crime to say we are HETEROSEXUAL?
Report nineteen points April 19, 2019 8:51 AM BST
seems that way. and dont ever say you are white and proud of that as well.straight to the dungeon!!
Report lovegod April 19, 2019 10:29 AM BST
I'm white and heterosexual, I feel so ashamed!!!!
Report Whisperingdeath April 19, 2019 11:36 AM BST
with a name like lovegod!

You could be right but I don't think so ( about being ashamed that is! )
Report UBLE/REGY April 19, 2019 12:27 PM BST
If people do not engage in homophobic behaviour or make homophobic remarks, that is enough.

People do have a right to their own opinions though, it is called FREE SPEECH.
Report Just Checking April 20, 2019 1:16 PM BST
It's a strange one though if you think about it as he is saying "according to the religious beliefs someone doing this will go to a place also said to exist according to those beliefs". If you are going to say that his religion is rubbish, then in some ways your reducing this to he is saying "people doing this nothing will happen to them as it doesn't exist anyway as it's made up anyway". Maybe of course the bible was written by closeted frustrated gay men who were annoyed they hadn't invented mykanos foam parties yet, lashing out.

Still if gay men do go to hell, they can guarantee they'll be in good company with their partners!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY
Report DickTurpin April 20, 2019 1:50 PM BST
I always laugh when i hear/read Godless heathens talking about 'morals'.............that is oxymoronic....
Report Just Checking April 20, 2019 1:52 PM BST
That is either a poor troll or profoundly moronic..
Report DickTurpin April 20, 2019 1:53 PM BST
Total truth sir.......
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE April 20, 2019 2:13 PM BST
I'm not a Christian myself but I do find it very strange that people can quote the Bible (Israel Folau) and another can post a like (Billy Vunipola) and both can find themselves in danger of losing their jobs while living in majority and historically Christian countries.

Also did anyone else that posted a Like on Israel Folau's comment get tracked down and lose their job? Only a matter of time.
Report UBLE/REGY April 20, 2019 2:15 PM BST
Israel Folau's remark was homophobic

Billy Vunipola just expressed his personal belief

Surely people can see the difference?

perhaps notSad
Report UBLE/REGY April 20, 2019 2:17 PM BST
Also did anyone else that posted a Like on Israel Folau's comment get tracked down and lose their job? Only a matter of time.

ShockedSad
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE April 20, 2019 2:37 PM BST
Israel Folau didn't make a remark.

He made a quote from the Bible.
Report Baphornet April 20, 2019 5:33 PM BST
awesome display by the Christian chappy today. Scored a try as well over 20 carries; a living beast of a No8. Final of the ERCCup now awaits for Billie & SarriesGrin
Report Whisperingdeath April 20, 2019 6:55 PM BST
I'm not a Christian myself but I do find it very strange that people can quote the Bible (Israel Folau) and another can post a like (Billy Vunipola) and both can find themselves in danger of losing their jobs while living in majority and historically Christian countries.

I am not a philosopher but kinda of agree with you although if they spout this sort of stuff they should be able to take it back and should not be able to complain about blasphemy.
Report Injera April 20, 2019 7:55 PM BST
Munster fans booing Billy? Not clever, in fact ignorant. How dare a man voice an opinion that's been enshrined in Family Law for 700 years!

MOTM - played Billy.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com