Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Baphornet
06 Apr 19 13:10
| Topic/replies: 11,792 | Blogger: Baphornet's blog
& before someone says "Not another one on this subject) i wasn't about for any other discussions, so please indulge my interest
i've just watched the BBC programme from the other night; & have come to a conclusion, never call your child Hamish as he may well get linked to the potherb who ran this inquiry
Pause Switch to Standard View Jill Dando murder 20 years on
Show More
Report UBLE/REGY April 6, 2019 1:24 PM BST
It was a mess
Report the.mad.dog.man April 6, 2019 1:26 PM BST
put a million reward up for a conviction someone will talk always do
Report UBLE/REGY April 6, 2019 1:28 PM BST
you know something mad dogLaugh
Report mafeking April 6, 2019 1:28 PM BST
that retired chief inspector had some front being so prominent in the programme. think i'd have been keeping my head down
Report Baphornet April 6, 2019 1:33 PM BST
my thoughts as well, mafeking
Report the old nanny ;-) April 6, 2019 1:36 PM BST
At some stage that Day Jill was followed failing that Someone who knew her Tipped off the Killer .
Report Baphornet April 6, 2019 1:59 PM BST
someone close to her imho. She rarely stayed at that address, so to complete the 'hit' inside info was needed. Broad daylight & just waiting around in case she turned up is a random theory. The job was completed in minutes; no fuss, no running, no clues
Report tobermory April 6, 2019 2:06 PM BST
I watched this on iPlayer, the whole thing was pushing the audience to conclude Barry George likely did it.

Hamish Campbell was given half the programme. Just seemed to decide 'it must have been a local nutter' and went looking for the local nutter. He felt the fact that Jill did not actually live at her address somehow made it more likely that a stalker type must have done it, as the hitman conspiracy suspects would not have known when she would show up at the house, while a stalker would just hang around until she did.

I'd have thought the opposite more likely: that someone with a serious motive would know enough to be aware of her movements, while the nutjob would be stood in the street for days unless he had lottery type luck. But Campbell seemed more into gut feelings than logical analysis.

Of course Campbell was the cop who set Operation Grange in motion, and directed that it proceed 'as if the abduction had taken place in Britain'. All lines of enquiry not relating to abduction dismissed out of hand, just like all non nutter possibilities were disregarded in the Jill Dando case.

At least Campbell retired before Grange got going properly or a Portuguese Barry George might be banged up by now.
Report mafeking April 6, 2019 2:33 PM BST
it was the obvious from the moment he was in the frame he hadn't done it. one tiny speck of gunpowder found a year later in his coat pocket do me a favour. there was literally nothing else
Report terry mccann April 6, 2019 2:45 PM BST
You cant believe the BBC would tell you the truth on a subject like this surely? What did they say at the end? Something like "A case that might never be solved" and that's the way they want it.
Report Baphornet April 6, 2019 2:46 PM BST
not a smiling topic, tobermory but the Portuguese comment made me
Report the old nanny ;-) April 6, 2019 2:49 PM BST
Mental Illness always has to be considered ....
Report UBLE/REGY April 6, 2019 3:15 PM BST
The Barry George conviction was always unsafe

Still he earnt some compensation out of it, hope he thought it was worth his spell in jug
Report Do wah Diddy April 6, 2019 4:49 PM BST
I remember it very well I was going to chitchester with my ex wife in my car  when I heard
It on the radio
Report Reynard April 6, 2019 6:18 PM BST
UBLE/REGY • April 6, 2019 3:15 PM BST
The Barry George conviction was always unsafe

Still he earnt some compensation out of it, hope he thought it was worth his spell in jug

Eventually , yes . His original claim for compensation following his acquittal was rejected on the grounds that Mr George was "... not innocent enough" Shocked
Report UBLE/REGY April 6, 2019 7:35 PM BST
The Police will never admit they got the wrong man

But I think they did

Maybe it will be solved in a 100 years time, who knows??????
Report 1st time poster April 6, 2019 7:39 PM BST
one thing that stood out a mile in 60 mins despite every dog and cat having a say the boyfriend never quoted or mentioned once, didn't he deliver mcaans kids,and Hamish .ross involved in mcaan case, wasn't there a rumour dando was going to spill beans on peado cover up at top of uk plc
Report Baphornet April 6, 2019 7:44 PM BST
they never got the ripper. But that was quite a while ago & forensic science has moved on a tad. Mind you how many co ck ups did the police make in the Yorkshire version? Jills unsolved murder is an embarrassment to the Met; but it isn't the only one. Maybe they just aren't clever enough? Or just maybe, they've been stuck too long in labs & in front of PCs & should try and use some old fashioned shoe leather & brain cells
Report Baphornet April 6, 2019 7:48 PM BST
i feel a conspiracy arising
Report the old nanny ;-) April 6, 2019 7:59 PM BST
I heard Savile mentioned .
Report donny osmond April 6, 2019 8:18 PM BST
i dont think george has recieved compo
Report donny osmond April 6, 2019 8:23 PM BST
georges wiki page makes interesting reading, you never know how much of what he might have said is true,
and why he would say it, indeed sometimes if he said it or was led to say it.
Report THEMONEYSHOT April 6, 2019 8:27 PM BST
I think it was well established that he was a pathological liar, no way he was guilty in this instance though, and I think you're right about him not getting any compensation, if he did it was minimal.
Report donny osmond April 6, 2019 8:34 PM BST
he has sued newspapers for libel, but no compo for his unsafe conviction.
Report Injera April 6, 2019 8:53 PM BST
Alan Farthing was Jill Dando's boyfriend. He helped to deliver the Duchess of Cambridge's 3 children.

Her killer fired one bullet to the head. It was an execution by a trained assassin.
Report mafeking April 6, 2019 9:11 PM BST
george didn't get any compo cos to get any you have to prove you were innocent as opposed to being found not guilty or the conviction declared unsafe

needless to say it's virtually impossible to prove innocence short of a cast iron alibi and if he had that would never have been charged in the first place

just a ridiculous ruse to save the home office money
Report GoBallistic April 6, 2019 9:43 PM BST
Very strange that the Barry George case even got as far as court let alone got a conviction
Report portmanpark April 6, 2019 10:06 PM BST
Remember they found hundreds of newspapers in his flat.Then wading through these hundreds of newspapers found articles about jill dando.From this they concluded he had a fixation about her.
Report Baphornet April 6, 2019 10:42 PM BST
there were plenty that had that. I think it is safe to say she had many male admirers going back to her early days as a presenter in Plymouth. She had a long relationship with BBC exec Bob Wheaton which ended ( allegedly) about 10 months before she met Farthing (who was still married at the time) not long after Farthing was divorced the pair got engaged. Within 3 months of her engagement Jill was murdered. A long term break-up, a separation, a divorce, an engagement, a murder. Her wedding to Farthing was booked for 5 months after her murder. Those 3 years were a bit complicated i'd say. i must have missed these facts during the programme
Report the old nanny ;-) April 6, 2019 10:54 PM BST
The Plain fact is Either George was knocking about  the Street 24/7 with a gun , or he Did not not do it ,if he had been loitering witnesses would have said so ..
Report UBLE/REGY April 6, 2019 11:09 PM BST
The police will not admit when they are wrong...

As far as they were concerned George fitted the profile so that was it..

They did not look elsewhere and never will

I wish they would admit it when they were wrong they are only human

I have seen other miscarriages of justice, in my opinion of course, police will give nothing away

I thought Mark Duggan case was particularly bad.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com