Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Leopard
09 Sep 18 10:43
| Topic/replies: 45,692 | Blogger: The Leopard's blog
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/45463018

I was starting to warm to her but this behaviour has cancelled that out.

20 year old Naomi's first Grand Slam victory for a Japanese female player has been ruined by Williams' disgusting temper tantrums !
Pause Switch to Standard View Serena Williams meltdown
Show More
Report GAZO September 10, 2018 9:20 AM BST
froome probally didnt want to get asthma symptoms on this tour in case test results showed strange results again
Report lfc1971 September 10, 2018 9:22 AM BST
I’m not surprised with people like you
Report xmoneyx September 10, 2018 11:35 AM BST
umpire waited 10 years so he could show his racism by deducting her one game

KKK would be proud
Report saddo September 10, 2018 11:38 AM BST
Looked like roid rage, disgraceful stuff.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 10, 2018 11:39 AM BST
I had bronchitis once and the Doc gave me one of those asthma inhalers. Fxcking useless.
Report GRANTCKING September 10, 2018 12:13 PM BST
The bigger question is whether tennis has a problem with women – and with black women in particular. The frequency with which the sport seems to castigate the sex it took so long to equally recognise and remunerate is alarming. Williams, more often than not, bears the brunt of that. In the last month we have seen Williams’s catsuit banned from the French Open – despite having been designed to support the champion’s postnatal medical needs – and Alizé Cornet punished for an on-court shirt change. Now this.
Report GRANTCKING September 10, 2018 12:14 PM BST
^LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Crisp77 September 10, 2018 12:55 PM BST
The Judge should have enforced equality and made sure Serena lost 3 sets to 0.
Report nellie1970 September 10, 2018 1:18 PM BST
as a woman myself the way she reacted was a disgrace and if you look back she has a some history of spitting the dummy out.remember she got called for foot fault and exploded on the line judge threatening to ram something down her fing throat.

saying this is sexism is complete rubbish its just being a bad loser and she always comes out with some sort of excuse when she gets beat.no doubt she will a few month off now and come down with some sort of illness.

had asthma all my life and used inhalers all my life.its been well controlled for years and yes the ventolin(salbutamol)inhaler does relax the airways a litle when i do have to take it i do not see how it really enhancers performance in any significant way
Report The Leopard September 10, 2018 1:25 PM BST
BBC don't mention $17,000 fine on 1pm news.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/45468290

Serena Williams' claims of sexism in the US Open final have been backed by the governing body of women's tennis.

WTA chief executive Steve Simon said the umpire showed Williams a different level of tolerance over Saturday's outbursts than if she had been a man.

She got a code violation for coaching, a penalty point for racquet abuse and a game penalty for calling the umpire a "thief" in the loss to Naomi Osaka.

The American said it was "sexist" to have been penalised a game.

"The WTA believes that there should be no difference in the standards of tolerance provided to the emotions expressed by men versus women," Simon said in a statement.

"We do not believe that this was done last night."

He also called for coaching to be allowed "across the sport". Umpire Carlos Ramos penalised Williams after seeing her coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, making a hand gesture. The Frenchman later admitted he was trying to coach his player.

The head of the United States Tennis Association (USTA), which organises the US Open, said men "are badgering the umpire on the changeovers and nothing happens".

"We watch the guys do this all the time," USTA chief Katrina Adams said.

"There's no equality when it comes to what the men are doing to the chair umpires and what the women are doing, and I think there has to be some consistency across the board.

"I'm all about gender equality and I think when you look at that situation these are conversations that will be imposed in the next weeks. We have to treat each other fairly and the same."

Those views were shared by BBC tennis presenter Sue Barker, who said: "I've sat courtside watching the men ranting at umpires and they haven't been given a violation."

Williams, 36, was fined $17,000 (£13,100) for the code violations that included calling Ramos a "liar" and "thief". She earned $1.85m (£1.43m) in prize money for reaching the final.
Report The Leopard September 10, 2018 1:26 PM BST
^ US Open 2018: Serena Williams' claims of sexism backed by WTA
Report detraveller September 10, 2018 1:27 PM BST
The Economist: An overzealous chair umpire overshadows Naomi Osaka's impressive victors.
Report nellie1970 September 10, 2018 1:37 PM BST
stuff like this BS does not help us women.she called the umpire a thief ffs.Does anyone know if a male player has called an umpire a thief before??
Report The Leopard September 10, 2018 1:38 PM BST
victory ?
Report The Leopard September 10, 2018 1:39 PM BST
^ detrav
Report The Leopard September 10, 2018 1:57 PM BST
Williams allows herself get too angry....which does not usually produce anything positive.
Report eight ball September 10, 2018 2:10 PM BST
So next time Williams goes off her cruet(and she will) at the Chairperson who is a Female,she will still serve the sexism card but the Chairperson's reply will be. . Quote"Code violation unsportsperson like behavior 1 point"
Followed by . .Whose your mama now Biiitch !!
Report cardenden September 10, 2018 4:07 PM BST
its very surprising when she knows her opponent is better than her,[  on the day ] and she knows she is going to lose,, but she has a daughter and the umpire should not have docked points from her,,  after all this is her daughters inheritance we are talking about ,,
Report cardenden September 10, 2018 4:08 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report cardenden September 10, 2018 4:09 PM BST
she should also have had points deducted for trying to kid the crown on,, that she is a ballerina,,,
Report john92 September 10, 2018 5:15 PM BST
The WTA should organise a complete breakaway if that's how they feel.
Report Injera September 10, 2018 5:15 PM BST
There's an element of sexism the other way here.

I wonder if umpires expect better behaviour from women so when one of them as a hissie fit they a little shocked and issue the penalties.

As men are doing more of it more often maybe the umps tolerate it a little - 'ah they're just naughty boys'.

In life generally women tend to behave better so yes Serena there ARE double standards. When one of the sisters does what you just did, be prepared for a backlash.
Report the bloob September 10, 2018 5:51 PM BST
I know a lot of umpire-baiting goes on but surely the severity in this case warranted the punishment? calling an umpire a liar and a thief is pretty bad and merited the punishment, just like the time she called a female umpire a 'hater' and 'unattractive'

arguing with the umpire, and insulting them are 2 different things, you can have a difference of opinion but you have to respect them as human beings. Yet again Serena has talked down to an umpire and deserved everything she got and more
Report moisok September 10, 2018 6:39 PM BST
I understand she 'was after the chair from beginning of set'  quote from another player?
Report 1st time poster September 10, 2018 7:00 PM BST
simples rewally any mug can hook up the trailer and take out of the park,but taking the trash out of the ;;;;;. is a different ball game
heard that boniface journo on sky last night saying it was because she was a women,famous and black,and basicaly womens idea of equality thet cant be found guilty,accused of anything that a man hasnt been accused of dloing before them,
which football manager, was it wenger who had the book thrown at him last season for questioning a reffs lack of fitness
Report mafeking September 10, 2018 9:55 PM BST
sure there are some well known men who have meltdowns on court but i can't think of any of the big 4 ever losing it to the extent serena has on several occasions
Report Capt__F September 10, 2018 10:06 PM BST
time of month 1.01
Report Foinavon September 10, 2018 10:40 PM BST
Woman in America has a tantrum playing tennis, nobody died. Why is this still on the national UK news? Jesus wept.
Report Kriskin September 10, 2018 10:50 PM BST
She should have been banned for the next competition.  She was Out of order big time.  Doesn't matter what u are, this type of behaviour is DISGRACEFUL
Report themightymac September 10, 2018 11:19 PM BST
Big row on twitter now about the Williams cartoon being labelled racist. Rowling starting the row.
Report themightymac September 10, 2018 11:20 PM BST
https://twitter.com/search?q=williams+cartoon&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam...
Report the bloob September 11, 2018 8:55 AM BST
having seen the cartoon I can't see anything remotely wrong with it, this is just a super-lefty kicking up a fuss simply because 2 of the characters involved are not caucasian. It features a fair cartoon representation of Williams jumping up and down on her racket, as in the background the umpire says to Osaka, "just please let her win"

it seems as though non-caucasians are beyond reproach, and anything poking fun at someone who just happens to be a different race is racist
Report saddo September 11, 2018 9:04 AM BST
Agree with the bloob. A ref can't simply make a bad decision against these types, it has to be sexist. The way she threatened his career was disgusting. The cartoon is very good imo.
Report detraveller September 11, 2018 10:39 AM BST
Why is the ref silent? He should get a lawyer and milk it and retire. Serena called her a thief, threatened his career, the WTA and US Open authorities sided with Serena. Hope he is planning his moves because if he is accepting his fate here he;s an idiot.
Report Injera September 11, 2018 2:04 PM BST
The retards are up in arms over  the cartoon for 2 reasons:

1) Williams is stereo-typed as a black woman

2) Osaka is shown not to resemble a ****.

Can't win really!
Report Injera September 11, 2018 2:05 PM BST
Can't believe J a p is banned! QED Laugh
Report trilby22 September 11, 2018 2:16 PM BST
Report trilby22 September 11, 2018 2:16 PM BST
Report trilby22 September 11, 2018 2:17 PM BST
Double bubble Laugh
Report trilby22 September 11, 2018 2:18 PM BST
Nip?
Report trilby22 September 11, 2018 2:18 PM BST
LaughCrazy
Report john92 September 11, 2018 2:41 PM BST
The umpire doesn't look like Ramos either. If he had toned down Serena's muscle tone then that would be a fault (pun intended) too.... he is saying black women can't be strong or whatever. Alienating so many people with this p1sh
Report dustybin September 11, 2018 2:46 PM BST
The Williams woman always always always brings up the fact she's had a daughter....a pyschologist might argue she cant quite believe it either.

What did it for me was when she looked at the umpire and declared ...'you will never be on a COURT OF MINE for as long as you live' (while giving that little head tremor people do when they think they are dishing up a cutting remark). This act alone is enough to see the woman is an egotist (it aint HER court ffs) and uses the sexism as a shield.

I think the umpire was remarkable under the circumstances, I dont know what the protocol is about restraint but Id have been pi55ing myself laughing at her and actually going out of my way to wind her up more.
Report moisok September 11, 2018 2:47 PM BST
I got two daughters so I have the say over the lot of yers
Report mafeking September 11, 2018 2:53 PM BST
umpires association should take the initiative and refuse to officiate any more of her matches. that would throw the cat amongst the pigeons. why should they allow their members to be subjected to such treatment ?
Report the bloob September 11, 2018 3:33 PM BST
"I am not a cheat, I have a daughter!"

I love that remark, setting a great example for her daughter by not cheating. Shame about her lesson on calmness, manners, diplomacy and respect
Report Injera September 11, 2018 3:44 PM BST
And the fact the her coach admitted to cheating.
Report Lady Faye Verrit September 11, 2018 4:48 PM BST
I'm afraid that it all comes down to her having a bad "Tempur"!!

Laugh
Report Platini September 11, 2018 6:30 PM BST
good to see Rusedski speaking his mind, risking his job and not towing the media line.
Report A_T September 11, 2018 7:22 PM BST
the lovely Annabel Croft seems to be one of the few lone voices of sense here. I would love to have **** Annabel in her prime (or even past her prime!) but Serena never. Am I a bad person?
Report SontaranStratagem September 11, 2018 7:38 PM BST
A_T

You'd be in serious trouble if you said that to the media, and in more ways than one

You'd be up on multiple charges
Report wit-ham September 11, 2018 7:42 PM BST
Yes men never get penalised
Quick search sees
Great Britain got their Davis Cup campaign off to a winning start, but only after Canada were disqualified from the final tie-deciding match when Denis Shapovalov hit the ball in anger into the umpire’s face.

David Nalbandian disqualified from Queen's final for injuring a linesman after kicking hoarding around him
Report moisok September 11, 2018 7:44 PM BST
sorry wit ham 
you simply cannot say that
and I have two daughters
so I know

jemma and mummy men tum will have you in re-education camp in a flash
Report A_T September 11, 2018 7:49 PM BST
how can I get myself a daughter so I can do what I like without any consequences?
Report detraveller September 11, 2018 8:18 PM BST
You can get a daughter, that's the easy part. But you have to I-nearly-died-while-giving-birth and got punished-by-wimbledon-for-having-a-baby and my-cat-suit-was-banned-at-the-french-open and so on. Can you do all that?
Report Capt__F September 11, 2018 10:22 PM BST
on the blob as said before
Report saddo September 11, 2018 10:34 PM BST
Thank goodness the cat suit was banned, dread to think what that would look like.Scared
Report Capt__F September 11, 2018 10:59 PM BST
large CHIP on shoulder to the daughter 1
Report casemoney September 12, 2018 1:13 AM BST
Sexcist and raycist cards Pulled , Bad Loser  loses the Plot , Scarey to look at, The Umpire must have thought his chair was going over at one stage ..

It what other Sport would anyone  think that behaviour is Acceptable ?
Report doantwin2easy September 12, 2018 2:38 AM BST
Cartoon's / caricatures, by their very nature, accentuate certain bodily features in certain individuals.

It's for the public to decide whether these have been reasonably attributed in this case in my opinion.

Therein lies the matter.
Report trilby22 September 12, 2018 7:08 AM BST
"Serena Williams: Cartoonist denies US Open depiction is racist"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-45479954

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/serena-was-no-victim-of-racism-or-sexism/21782#.W5itRPZFz2u
Report trilby22 September 12, 2018 7:08 AM BST
^ "What we really saw was a rich person intimidating a person of lesser standing."
Report trilby22 September 12, 2018 7:09 AM BST
Ban her!
Ban her!
Twice Crazy
Report leazes67 September 12, 2018 12:08 PM BST
The bigger picture is that mockery of black/brown/ethnic will not be tolerated.
Report cardenden September 12, 2018 12:37 PM BST
her tantrums are more excuses for her being over her sell by date,, i hope she knows her child will watch what she has done.
Report Platini September 13, 2018 12:14 PM BST
Report moisok September 13, 2018 12:25 PM BST
the referee made her feel uncomfortable - this can be reported now to south yorkshire polis

hope I have helped here
Report Platini September 13, 2018 12:29 PM BST
hate crime or bait crime ?  Laugh
Report moisok September 13, 2018 12:33 PM BST
she is too old to be that  ho ho   I know what you infer of course  he he
Report Facts September 15, 2018 7:26 AM BST
the bloob    11 Sep 18 08:55 
having seen the cartoon I can't see anything remotely wrong with it, this is just a super-lefty kicking up a fuss simply because 2 of the characters involved are not caucasian. It features a fair cartoon representation of Williams jumping up and down on her racket, as in the background the umpire says to Osaka, "just please let her win"

it seems as though non-caucasians are beyond reproach, and anything poking fun at someone who just happens to be a different race is racist

The cartoon is racist .

Apart from SW image, the real offence is depicting her opponent as white with blonde hair !!!!Really ???!!
Report trilby22 September 15, 2018 7:58 AM BST
It is not in the slightest bit racist!  Naomi is NOT depicted as white and she DOES have blonde hair!

Perhaps someone needs to go to Specsavers?
Report Racingqueen September 15, 2018 9:19 AM BST
^ Maybe he ran out of crayons to colour her in you complete and utter cretin Laugh
Report Racingqueen September 15, 2018 9:21 AM BST
to Facts
Report trilby22 September 15, 2018 9:27 AM BST
Excited

The sign behind her is white.  She is coloured light.  Japs are lightly coloured.  Imagine if he had painted her yellow? Shocked
Report Injera September 15, 2018 10:51 AM BST
How can people be offended by a caricature???? Cartoonists would all be unemployed if they didn't exagerate obvious features. See Spitting Image or any political cartoon.

'Racist!' is cried because a black person is the subject of ridicule. Basically all blacks are off limits it seems when it comes to satire. Crazy
Report Facts September 15, 2018 12:15 PM BST
Suggest the idiots on here visit Specsavers

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/news-trends/article/2164102/5-things-you-should-know-about-naomi-osaka-us-open

She was born in Japan,lives in Ameriva  her father is from Haiti. She has black skin and black hair .
Report lfc1971 September 15, 2018 12:24 PM BST
There may  have been an element of racial preference
I don’t know it doesn’t interest me

The simple fact is she’s a bad example in some ways , although for some reason I have always quite liked her
Report Racingqueen September 15, 2018 12:25 PM BST
Surprise bellends like yourself aren't criticising him for the all white crowd Laugh
Report Platini September 15, 2018 2:10 PM BST
trigger happy virtue-signallers see racism in everything,  seriously get yourself an eye test Crazy

Osaka's skin tone in the cartoon is nowhere near white - its very very close to the tone used on SW.

this might help you see the truth
https://ibb.co/kN2spz
Report trilby22 September 15, 2018 2:26 PM BST
Thank you, Plat.  Fakefacts is obviously a complete and utter fkn plonker.  Naomi even has blonde hair in his link - which just happens to be the very same one I found before my initial post about her having blonde hair! LaughLaughLaugh

Plenty blonde shots on her Twitter too https://twitter.com/Naomi_Osaka_

Want me to post some pics too?
Report trilby22 September 15, 2018 2:45 PM BST

Report moisok September 15, 2018 3:42 PM BST
Your racist card has been declined. 

It has no currency anymore
Report saddo September 15, 2018 3:46 PM BST
A card played by the ridiculous/pompous and greeted with hoots of laughter these days, leave em to it.
Report trilby22 September 15, 2018 3:48 PM BST
Careful you two or you'll be blacklisted!
Report Injera September 15, 2018 3:56 PM BST
Why is Osaka trying to whiten up? Shocked

Thought that was disallowed these days.
Report Platini September 15, 2018 4:12 PM BST
Obv some people have a degree in whiteness studies from the Karl Marx University Laugh
Report trilby22 September 15, 2018 4:25 PM BST
Injera & Platini, your namez are alzo on ze list!
Report Shrewd_dude September 15, 2018 4:44 PM BST
Surprise bellends like yourself aren't criticising him for the all white crowd

I'm very offended by that. All the white folk in the front rows have been reduced to featureless, genderless ghost faces deserving of nothing more than a single pencil stroke.
Report Just Checking September 15, 2018 4:55 PM BST
I am so tired of everyone being a "victim" and everyone being "offended" on other people's behalf, surely the tide has to turn, we can't go on getting worse and worse for this? I can't be alone. I must speak for most of the planet?
Report Just Checking September 15, 2018 4:57 PM BST
Caricatures of Boris Johnson tend to show him as portly. Is that "fat shaming"?
Report Pokermonster September 15, 2018 5:11 PM BST
It is interesting to note the furore raised over Osaka's skin colour in the cartoon. It looks very similar to the tone used for Williams to me. I'll compare the two on my computer's colour-pick tool later and report back.
Report Injera September 15, 2018 5:22 PM BST
I thought all satire is supposed to offend?

satire

noun

the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

It seems the je suis Charlie campaign was quickly forgotten.
Report Just Checking September 15, 2018 5:30 PM BST
It was forgotten by the left and politically correct fools about a week later. It was reported last week a police force here was asking on twitter that people contact them even if they are "mildly offended".

I'm sick of what society is becoming, I don't recognise it as "sane".
Report Platini September 15, 2018 5:38 PM BST
I would like those offended to check that skin tome again, then come back here

and in Serens's own words "SAY YOU'RE SORRY, SAY IT RIGHT NOW, APOLOGISE ! "  Laugh
Report the bloob September 15, 2018 7:15 PM BST
I'm not a racist, I have a daughter!
Report moisok September 15, 2018 8:17 PM BST
I have two  so my opinion is double the strength of yours bloob!!Grin
Report 1st time poster September 16, 2018 10:20 AM BST
the cartoonist is a fraud and lazy he,s stolen a picture of a certain tennis player with a huge banana splits curly perm,wearing a massive bright red headband having a meltdown on a tennis court, off course on them days we wernt surrounded by millions of people getting up everyday hoping their offended by someone or something and if they arnt rushing to the defence of someone they think has ,even if they havnt asked for their help
Report moisok September 16, 2018 10:49 AM BST
she is involved with a mattress advert  - you would never guess -  it is called -

TEMPUR   I do not joke ho ho ho
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com