Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lybertyne
29 Apr 18 22:44
| Topic/replies: 7,777 | Blogger: lybertyne's blog
For Home Secretary.
Pause Switch to Standard View Jacob Rees-Mogg
Show More
Report Ibrahima Sonko April 29, 2018 11:47 PM BST
He will be prime minister when sharia may fails on the exit of the eu.
Report northanlite April 29, 2018 11:50 PM BST
dear god no. if he is that really will be the rise of the right complete. he is a vile self publicist
self entitled man with some very dubious contacts in the realms of far right politics
Report flushgordon1 April 29, 2018 11:56 PM BST
True far too many anti Semites already.
Report anxious April 30, 2018 12:04 AM BST
lol prime mister never in a million years rees- fogg ffs Laugh
Report themightymac April 30, 2018 12:07 AM BST
I heard from my sources in white hall that Gove will get the call.
Report northanlite April 30, 2018 12:09 AM BST
Gove has been a very good bot lately. I know a few people that went to school with him, he wasn't a popular lad.
The phrase "bit of a pr1ck" gets used a lot
Report themightymac April 30, 2018 12:13 AM BST
..... I think that you are being generous there !
Report northanlite April 30, 2018 12:31 AM BST
i have got a grudging respect for Gove. i think most people in Aberdeen do. He didn't have an easy life &
made his own way, full bursary to private school, then oxford. didn't come from money.
His adoptive father was a staunch labour man too
Report akabula April 30, 2018 12:46 AM BST

themightymac
I heard from my sources in white hall that Gove will get the call.

Yer auntie still got that cleaning job Mac. Must be a fair age now. Grin
Report akabula April 30, 2018 12:48 AM BST
I think Gove will get it.
Add wee backstabbing ****** and north will be spot on.
Report themightymac April 30, 2018 12:51 AM BST
Aka LaughLaugh
Report northanlite April 30, 2018 12:52 AM BST
He used to be on the local news up here. He got all the daft end of the news stories. very local.
He had a Scottish accent back then
Report Facts April 30, 2018 1:38 AM BST
Gove' tweet

"......I’m so sad about Amber’s departure from government - she was a huge asset - brave, principled, thoughtful, humane, considerate and always thinking of the impact of policy on the vulnerable - I hope Amber will be back soon - we need her...."

This guy is the absolute definition of the word - unctuous
Report A_T April 30, 2018 6:22 AM BST
rees-mogg is just a troll born with a silver spoon in his mouth. give him any real responsibility he'd crumble.
Report 1st time poster April 30, 2018 9:59 AM BST
waste of time giving gove a top job if you put him in charge of traffic lights,they,d become more newsworthy than the usa,north korea talks, the man has the biggest ego in the uk and is a chunt to boot
Report JOMO April 30, 2018 10:17 AM BST
Big price drop on Javid (who was already Evens) in the last few minutes.
Report posy April 30, 2018 10:22 AM BST
Javid sounds very plausible.May has got to do something to try to retain potential ethnic voters and he's also a Remainer.
Report JOMO April 30, 2018 10:33 AM BST
Javid seemingly weighed-in now.
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 11:08 AM BST
labdrokes were 3/1 last night
Report 1st time poster April 30, 2018 11:54 AM BST
who needs a cv when theres positive discrimination to bank on, javed can count his blessings there wasn't a black gay female available, the bbc has snapped all them up, LaughLaugh
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 30, 2018 12:06 PM BST
Agree. Rees-Mogg should have definitely got the job. He has the cv after all. I mean, ok, he's never held a cabinet position but that shouldn't stop him automatically being given one of the major front bench positions.

When will poor, under-privileged, victim of discrimination Rees-Mogg just be given a chance to prove he can be just as bad as the rest of them?
Report cooperman April 30, 2018 1:07 PM BST
When he stated that a rape victim should not be allowed to have an abortion, that was enough of him for me.
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 1:10 PM BST
...and then it turned out he profited from the sale of abortion pills
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 1:39 PM BST
Should a rape victim that gives birth to the baby be allowed to legally execute it?

That is the crux the argument - i.e. when does a human life start?

It is his personal religious view and not a view that would be imposed on anyone else.
Report Blades April 30, 2018 1:49 PM BST
Cooperman...I agree 100%. He is a vile individual.
Report anxious April 30, 2018 1:50 PM BST
Indeed Rees-fogg an appalling piece of work
Report 1st time poster April 30, 2018 1:51 PM BST
6 kids, on a quiet afternoon if he ever gets one, he might want to rethink his opinions on abortion
Report Blades April 30, 2018 1:53 PM BST
1st timer, like he actually looks after them....he has staff for that!
Report moisok April 30, 2018 2:07 PM BST
we all have staff  wots wrong with that?
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 2:09 PM BST
how can it be his opinion it when he is selling abortion pills

it sounds like he pretends to have values to make him stand out and appeal to some

but scratch the surface and pop its gone
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 3:12 PM BST
Amazing peoples' lack of understanding that other people might have a different view. They just see everything as right or wrong.

No one is willing to answer:

Should a rape victim that gives birth to the baby be allowed to legally execute it?
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 3:16 PM BST
you can hold an opinion, thats fine.

but hold one opinion whilst doing counter to your stated opinion is a bit off

rees mogg is doing just that
Report Injera April 30, 2018 3:24 PM BST
cooperman - what about the 99% of abortions that are not the result of rapes?
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 3:29 PM BST
he sells pills for them too
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 3:36 PM BST
donny osmond
30 Apr 18 15:29
| Topic/replies: 75,543 | Blogger: donny osmond's blog

^

Is that true?

Or does an investment company he no longer actively manages used to own shares in two drug companies that have one ulcer cure product that could be used for a chemical abortion?
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 3:38 PM BST
Would people find it unacceptable for a non-drinking muslim to own shares in a leisure company because one hotel in the chain sold beer?
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 3:38 PM BST

Apr 30, 2018 -- 9:12AM, InsiderTrader wrote:

Amazing peoples' lack of understanding that other people might have a different view. They just see everything as right or wrong.No one is willing to answer:Should a rape victim that gives birth to the baby be allowed to legally execute it?

That's a f*cking ridiculous question, BECAUSE of the way you've worded it.

Using the word "execute". Kind of puts a view, doesn't it?

If you mean abort a foetus which tis the result of rape, then yes.
It's reckoned that the cornerstone of right-wing success, particularly in the USA, is the vehemence of the "Pro-Life" movement.

Report Injera April 30, 2018 3:41 PM BST
Study, during an abortion, what happens to the heartbeat of that foetus?
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 3:42 PM BST
I'm not talking about this.
Especially on here.
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 3:46 PM BST
Ok. I will change the words:

Should a rape victim that gives birth to the baby be allowed to legally kill it?

^

The point is what are people objecting to?
1. Being against abortion in general, or
2. Being against abortion for rape victims.
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 3:51 PM BST
Kill or execute. still the same question.

There is an argument that before it is born, particularly a long time before, it isn't alive
There is an argument that before something draws breath it isn't alive.

Try,  Should a rape victim that gives birth to the baby be allowed to legally kill it?

doesn't have the same impact, does it?

Now I will not comment any further on this subject, unless that is, YOU have been a victim of rape and made pregnant.
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 3:52 PM BST
That should have said;
Try, Should a rape victim that gives birth to the baby be allowed to legally abort it?
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 3:53 PM BST
forget that, I'm missing the GIVES BIRTH bit.

Of course not.
Report Injera April 30, 2018 3:54 PM BST
What happens to the heart of a foetus during an abortion?
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 3:54 PM BST
When are babies that have been born ever killed?
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 3:54 PM BST
injera, I will not be drawn in.
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 3:55 PM BST
I did not bring the subject up.

My point is that some people think that a life starts at the point of conception.

This means that whether the baby is terminated after 5 minutes or 1 year it makes no difference if you have that belief.
Report Injera April 30, 2018 3:56 PM BST
I'm not asking you now Study. You don't have to answer.

Does the heart of a foetus survive an abortion?

What happens to the head, arms and legs of the foetus during an abortion?
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 3:59 PM BST
It is a deeply personal decision for anyone in that situation.

JRM has repeatably said he would not try to push his views on anyone.
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 4:04 PM BST
If you take the belief to its fullest, every time I have a wonk, I kill 250 million potential lives.
Every menstrual cycle, an egg, a potential life, is lost.

So, perhaps a measure of personal feeling should come into it.

I am certain, absolutely certain, that in nearly every case, having an abortion is a VERY difficult decision to make.

JRM is a devout Catholic, he believes life starts at the moment of conception. (Though quite how anyone can tell exactly when that is, is a mystery).
His investments (luck rich politician with money to invest), profited last year from the sale of abortion pills.

Sums him up.
Report lfc1971 April 30, 2018 4:14 PM BST
potential life is not the same thing as a life
Report lfc1971 April 30, 2018 4:16 PM BST
we don't know when life begins, that's why its best to be cautious
Report lfc1971 April 30, 2018 4:16 PM BST
best to let nature decide ?
Report flushgordon1 April 30, 2018 4:46 PM BST
So that's 8 billion lives this week study? Conception must Shirley be not when the egg and seamen meet but as soon as the cell starts dividing.
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 4:51 PM BST

STUDYFORM
30 Apr 18 16:04
| Topic/replies: 18,431 | Blogger: STUDYFORM's blog
If you take the belief to its fullest, every time I have a wonk, I kill 250 million potential lives.
Every menstrual cycle, an egg, a potential life, is lost.

So, perhaps a measure of personal feeling should come into it.

^

Er no. Did you do basic biology? Conception is when the two join.

I am certain, absolutely certain, that in nearly every case, having an abortion is a VERY difficult decision to make.

I agree.

JRM is a devout Catholic, he believes life starts at the moment of conception. (Though quite how anyone can tell exactly when that is, is a mystery).

The process of a male and a female sex cell joining and causing a baby to start to form. Not really that heard if you are willing to google it.

His investments (luck rich politician with money to invest), profited last year from the sale of abortion pills.

1. He was not directly managing 2. The companies to hundreds of different products 3. The investments were sold 4. The meds are designed for treating ulcers.

As I said earlier can someone who thinks drinking is bad invest in a company where some of the outlets sell beer? Or are those of Christian faiths held to a higher standard.
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 4:54 PM BST
No I didn't 'do' basic biology, I'm just naturally brilliant.

It (the investments thing) was the first thing I saw when I checked out his stance on the matter.

He is a throwback, to a not necessarily better age, imo.

At least 8 billion.
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 5:03 PM BST
it doesnt really matter if rees mogg was shamed into selling his shares

the point stands
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 5:05 PM BST
if hes a rich politician with money to invest why crab £13 million of the state to do up his house ?
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 5:09 PM BST
Do you think it is ok for someone who is personally against drinking to buy shares in a leisure company where one of their hotels happens to serve beer?

None of the lefties are willing to answer this.
Report TheBetterBettor April 30, 2018 5:23 PM BST
JRM must be really torn inside....even he would be dead against a catholic taking charge of Number 10
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 5:23 PM BST
why would they if they are so against drinking ?

seems a funny question but the fact you bothered to contrive it shows you can see what
rees mogg has done
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 5:31 PM BST
donny osmond
30 Apr 18 15:29
| Topic/replies: 75,551 | Blogger: donny osmond's blog

^

That is where the question came from.

My first thought was I been into loads of newsagents run by people who are against drinking that sell alcohol.

I dont have a problem with peoples' personal beliefs as long are they do not impose them on others.

But this is further from that. JRM does not 'sell pills'. It is one of many investments in a firm he no longer runs. That is why I went further than just saying I think it is ok for someone who personally is against drinking to sell drink.
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 5:32 PM BST
donny osmond
30 Apr 18 17:23
| Topic/replies: 75,552 | Blogger: donny osmond's blog
why would they if they are so against drinking ?

^

Why not? In Dubai alcohol is sold. Non-Muslims can drink.
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 5:36 PM BST
but rees mogg is trying to impose his abortion views on others as are two folk on this thread

totally different to those that dont drink selling alcohol,
Report Torquemada April 30, 2018 5:43 PM BST
"He sells pills for them"

The statement above is not only a lie, it is a despicable (and desperate) attempt to besmirch somebody else's reputation just to suit an agenda. Pathetic.
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 5:44 PM BST
Where has he tried to impose his views on others?

He was asked about his personal views. Unlike most politicians he directly answered the question.
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 5:47 PM BST
rees mogg said woman seeking an abortion after rape were commiting a second wrong

if that isnt trying to impose his views then hey ho
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 5:52 PM BST
He is not imposing that on anyone.

He is giving a direct answer to a direct question expressing his personal opinion.

Would you rather he lied as to what his personal opinion is?
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 30, 2018 5:53 PM BST
Was that opinion in a private conversation or was it knowingly being covered by mass media, so obviously being made available to the general public?
Report donny osmond April 30, 2018 5:55 PM BST
it was live on bbc radio
Report Torquemada April 30, 2018 5:55 PM BST
The truth does not appear to matter much to the loony left, they would rather contrive a lie in order to take offence.
Report Injera April 30, 2018 5:58 PM BST
Torq nails it.
Report InsiderTrader April 30, 2018 6:02 PM BST
The leftists want politicians to lie about what they believe in? Or do they want them to just not answer the question like their idol did on GMTV this morning?
Report Torquemada April 30, 2018 6:04 PM BST
Knowing they were highly controversial and offensive to many, Rees Mogg was asked to express his views on abortion (when it looked like he might be in the running for a ministerial position) in the hope of taking him down a peg or two.

Rather than dodge the question (like 95% of all other politicians) JRM gave a straight and honest answer. I don't share his views at all by the way, but desperately trying to contrive lies about the situation is pathetic - and oh so typical.
Report Injera April 30, 2018 6:05 PM BST
You'd think feminists would object to gender based abortion but no, not a whisper from them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/8786542/Maternity-units-refuse-to-tell-parents-the-sex-of-unborn-babies.html

' Dr Shahab Qureshi, from the Muslim Doctors and Dentists Association, said he was "absolutely certain" that fears about selective abortion were one of the reasons hospitals refused to tell parents the sex of their unborn child.

He said: "This is a major problem and hospitals need to be very careful. Is it ethically right to tell a parent the sex of their unborn child, if you think doing so is going to pose a risk to that baby?"

Dr Qureshi said that among many communities in this country, including those from China, Africa, India and Eastern Europe, a higher status was attached to boys than girls, but said it was very difficult for medical professionals to determine if there was a risk of selective abortion, when very few of those seeking terminations would ever admit such a reason. '

No surprise that in Luton and Telford screening is not standard procedure.Sad
Report anxious April 30, 2018 6:24 PM BST
Rees -fogg and his wife have a fortune of 100 million , i think he is type of chap similar to Matthew Parris who famously said that life on the dole and the streets was no problem , think it was World in Action that filmed him doing a few weeks on the streets but he quit after a week nearly a broken man saying   saying i cant cope , this is the kind of thing to expect from rich tory hardmen who when confronted by reality always run away crying back to their lovely idyllic existence
Report ufcdan April 30, 2018 6:32 PM BST
Rees -fogg and his wife have a fortune of 100 million

Good luck to him, politics of envy anxious Plain
Report Torquemada April 30, 2018 6:32 PM BST
And yet another perfect example from Anxious.

Projecting somebody else's perceived weaknesses (Matthew Parris) onto Rees Mogg in a desperate contrivance to get offended. Who cares if JRM never said anything of the sort, eh? Pathetic.
Report ufcdan April 30, 2018 6:33 PM BST
Probably upset you anxious but the majority on here wouldn't mind being 50p behind Jeremy Excited Up the workers comrade LaughLaughLaugh
Report anxious April 30, 2018 6:46 PM BST
And not surprising the tory sheep love him , thats pathetic
Report anxious April 30, 2018 6:47 PM BST
The cheek of somebody like rees -fogg lecturing the poor, he needs a rocket up his aRSE
Report ufcdan April 30, 2018 8:18 PM BST
While I would hate it. It would be great for Corbyn to get in so that the likes of anxious could find out that JC is just another politician Mischief
Report STUDYFORM April 30, 2018 8:58 PM BST
Well that makes a change, ufcdan, from the standard mantra of "Corbyn is unelectable".
We've been bombarded with that message and as much negative press as possible ever since Journalists felt their taxes might increase.
Report donny osmond May 14, 2018 7:36 PM BST
rees mogg popularity falling ....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com