Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
donny osmond
14 Mar 18 13:44
| Topic/replies: 85,197 | Blogger: donny osmond's blog
More than two million people had liked the group's Facebook page.
The pages of Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen also had large followings.
Facebook says the decision to remove the pages was made after Britain First had ignored a final warning about the posting of material that broke its community standards.

Prime Minister Theresa May told the House of Commons that she welcomed the move and hoped other tech companies would follow.
Pause Switch to Standard View Facebook bans Britain First pages
Show More
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 14, 2018 12:47 PM GMT
This may change the world, what is facebook ?
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 14, 2018 12:53 PM GMT
Good that social media companies are finally taking some responsibility for what is posted on their platforms. Been turning a blind eye to things for far too long.
Report saddo March 14, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
Yes, better drive people underground than discuss the failure of multiculturalism in public.
Report donny osmond March 14, 2018 1:07 PM GMT
In a blog, Facebook said it was an open platform for all ideas
but that political views should be expressed without hate.

"People can express robust and controversial opinions without
needing to denigrate others on the basis of who they are."
Report TheBaron March 14, 2018 1:18 PM GMT
Don't worry chaps there's still a home for you here on Chit Chat.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 14, 2018 1:18 PM GMT
Laugh
Report jamesdean March 14, 2018 1:22 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Dr Crippen March 14, 2018 1:24 PM GMT
Laugh
Report donny osmond March 14, 2018 1:28 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Dr Crippen March 14, 2018 1:40 PM GMT
LaughLaugh
Report Injera March 14, 2018 1:49 PM GMT
Ahh the 'hate' word. All encompassing and includes anything that anyone might be offended by.

Note: Applies almost exclusively to views opposing the multi culturalism balls up.
Report Dr Crippen March 14, 2018 2:05 PM GMT
Authorities desperately trying to halt the growing feelings in the country.
They might as well try and stop the tide from coming in.
Report saddo March 14, 2018 2:07 PM GMT
They may as well indeed. Keep people in the dark and they won't notice the country disintegrating. Laugh
Report moisok March 14, 2018 2:12 PM GMT
You don't have to offend anyone you simply have to 'ANNOY'  that is the official word  - well,  actually  'ANNOYING'
1984 is here lurking with us.
Of course you cannot go around abusing people with racist carp but to have an opposite opinion is fine.
But no longer is there open debate.
It is all about control and the narrative.
Dark days ahead.
I am thinking about the tamworth 1000 as I type. Then the first big court case at Liverpool they tried to clamp down on.
Report Slicer March 14, 2018 2:21 PM GMT
These social media sites allow you to turn left, but the right road has a no entry sign on it!
Report Slicer March 14, 2018 2:21 PM GMT
ps- I was suspended by twitter for telling the truth about a certain subject!
Report saddo March 14, 2018 2:27 PM GMT
We may end up with listening devices in public places a la East Germany, Dr.
Report Slicer March 14, 2018 2:28 PM GMT
Well, we've already got the CCTVs!
Report moisok March 14, 2018 2:30 PM GMT
you will - the progressives have a very tight hold on the so called moral high ground - you won't have a chance - radical or alternative opinions are not allowed - it is intellectually moribund.
I am appalled at the lack of any scientific approach to societal issues.   I have no idea what happened to sociological methodology.  One HAS to examine all avenues and alternatives.

Journalism has gone down the pan.  They no longer investigate. See what happens if you do -   Look at the guy from the Times who took 4 years to get through to anyone in authority.  He was accused of racism.
It is like a horse race.  Once they start they all rush off in the same direction all following one another.  Swept along by the mass hysteria that develops.  They are doing it with putin,  they did it with the moral panic around mods and rockers(I was there) and so on.
It only takes a small vociferous group to grab an issue and start making lots of noise and the politicos and businesses run for cover their knees knocking together in fright at the thought they may look bad. etc etc
Report blackpood March 14, 2018 3:46 PM GMT
facebook wants banning altogether. My missus and daughter are never off it. its like living on my own. How can it be right posting things that are illegal
Report lfc1971 March 14, 2018 3:49 PM GMT
any examples of why it has been banned?
Report Injera March 14, 2018 4:00 PM GMT
To be fair BF are not very subtle. The 'islamaphobic and proud' post wouldn't have done them any favours!

Plenty of people and groups are sensibly questioning Islam on various platforms and (for now) are allowed to do so. BF are a bit dense in their approach if not their overrall sentiment.

Dame Louise Casey' review is a case in point. In it she says: That while segregation has reduced over the population as a whole, in a number of local areas ethnic or migrant groups have become increasingly divided.

That fears of being labelled racist have prevented society from challenging sexist, misogynistic and patriarchal behaviour in some minority communities.

Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, Casey said people should be able to discuss such issues without being “worried about being called racist or Islamophobic”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/04/social-integration-louise-casey-uk-report-condemns-failings
Report moisok March 14, 2018 4:04 PM GMT
No social worker would want to risk their job - same with police and any other agency.  Would you put your job on the line??  We live in a very twisted society.
Report Dr Crippen March 14, 2018 7:49 PM GMT
They should be risking their jobs by letting these people get away with it.

Until they start sacking social workers and police for turning a blind eye to these people, they'll continue to abuse our laws and our kids.
Report Whisperingdeath March 14, 2018 7:55 PM GMT
Britain First are odious scumbags as far as I am concerned. Censorship is though a dangerous thing.
Report akabula March 14, 2018 8:25 PM GMT
Britain First are odious scumbags as far as I am concerned.

Took FB a while to come to this conclusion as the stuff BF post now is no different to earlier stuff.
Detest FB. They have refused to remove some horrendous items in the past quoting freedom of expression.
Report DenzilPenberthy March 14, 2018 8:29 PM GMT
I've never been tempted to look at any of their stuff,are they telling the truth or making stuff up?
Report casemoney March 14, 2018 8:57 PM GMT
THEY CAN HIDE THE TRUTH AS MUCH AS THEY WANT ,OVER 50 % OF THE COUNTRY VOTED LEAVE AGAINST THE LUVVIE AGENDA ..

THE FESTERING SEETHERS WILL NEVER RECOVER GrinGrin
Report casemoney March 14, 2018 9:09 PM GMT
hOPEFULLY dELETED NOT dELIGHTED Laugh
Report ufcdan March 14, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
What next ? Arresting people with "Death to none believers" placards it's a world gone ad Crazy
Report ufcdan March 14, 2018 10:05 PM GMT
Mad ffs
Report DenzilPenberthy March 14, 2018 10:06 PM GMT
So I presume they tell alot of truth that is hidden from the mainstream
Report ufcdan March 14, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
Best example Denzil. Football lads alliance has had two marches through London, up to ten thousand football lads (hoolighan's who would knock the granny out of each other on any other day) not one single arrest. Now you'd think a demonstration that large bringing central London to a standstill would make the news ! Not a dicky bird ! Reason..................government D notice Sad which in case you don't know is an order to the media not to report on something as it could lead to civil unrest.
Report DenzilPenberthy March 14, 2018 10:16 PM GMT
I didn't know there was 'officially' such a thing Shocked
Report akabula March 14, 2018 10:17 PM GMT
Was a D notice issued in the McCann case.
Report moisok March 14, 2018 11:45 PM GMT
it has been around for as long as I can rememeber  - they don't like it up 'em.
Report Johnny_Mustang March 15, 2018 10:37 AM GMT
Splendid news.
Report Injera March 15, 2018 5:28 PM GMT
dan - what's happened to the FLA? Can't trace them.
Report ufcdan March 15, 2018 8:25 PM GMT
Not sure Injera, it's mainly your lads organising it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com