Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GoOnThen
26 Aug 17 13:06
| Topic/replies: 6,272 | Blogger: GoOnThen's blog
Love and peace or utter carnage?  Place your bets!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 56
By:
Slicer
When: 26 Aug 17 13:13
Get inside info from Stormzy and the Merde of London before plaicing your investments!
By:
saddo
When: 26 Aug 17 13:15
We could do with one of them counters in the top corner of the screen.
By:
GoOnThen
When: 26 Aug 17 13:17
Would be interesting to see the racial profile of the 80 odd stabbers and stabees of recent years.
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 26 Aug 17 13:22
I wouldn't go if you paid me and there was a free bar all weekend.
By:
Tallywagger.
When: 26 Aug 17 13:24
Would be banned if it were a white thing.
By:
Slicer
When: 26 Aug 17 13:24
They'll need lots of bars this weekend. Need to keep the criminiminals behind them!
By:
Injera
When: 26 Aug 17 15:03
Who'd be a copper? Sad

More than 400 people were arrested at the Notting Hill Carnival over the bank holiday weekend and three teenagers were among five people who were stabbed. - Telegraph last year.
By:
paulypaul
When: 26 Aug 17 15:58
SlippyBlue
SlippyBlue 26 Aug 17 14:22 Joined: 11 Jun 12 | Topic/replies: 22,727 | Blogger: SlippyBlue's blog
I wouldn't go if you paid me and there was a free bar all weekend.

No even if a topless Anna Kournicova was serving drinks?Excited
By:
GoOnThen
When: 26 Aug 17 16:00
I've been once, that was enough.
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 26 Aug 17 16:11
Oh dear paulypaul, you are really testing my resolve there! I'll have to stick to my guns though and say I'd have to turn that opportunity down Shocked

Like GoOnThen, never again will I go. I went twice in the mid 80's, total aggro and gangs running amok, stabbings, muggings, open drug use with no action whatsoever from plod. I'm far too old for that carry on.
By:
Sica Dan
When: 26 Aug 17 18:42
I suspect the report will be only a few arrests for drunkenness.
Hopefully we will at least be spared clips of dancing policemen.
By:
Capt__F
When: 26 Aug 17 20:08
plenty of Red Stripe available

ewHappy
By:
dambuster
When: 27 Aug 17 00:48
Ah yes, The Notting hill mugging, robbing, Stabbing, Raping, & Beating festival this weekend, i bet the police are so looking forward to it.
By:
twizzle22
When: 27 Aug 17 08:39
Under starters orders ...LET THE CRIME FEST BEGIN.
By:
alun2005
When: 27 Aug 17 09:26
The BBC has made a documentary series called "Policing The Met" for the last few years, and has been worthwhile viewing. 

This particular episode, first shown in 2015, in part highlights some of the misery this annual Festival of Crime and Violence brings to the capital, to both police and residents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQm6djAQhR0
By:
lovegod
When: 27 Aug 17 11:15
Uggggh that's put me off lunch.
By:
GoOnThen
When: 27 Aug 17 11:50
That should be proffered as a punishment for knife crime. Problem solved.
By:
treetop
When: 27 Aug 17 16:43
I loved the police reply to the rapper saying they wouldn't lean on Glastonury for drugs 'cos they were white,last year NH had many stabbings,4 very serious and they haven't had a murder at glastonbury yet !
By:
GoOnThen
When: 27 Aug 17 17:00
I wonder if Black lives matter will be manning a float?
By:
Torquemada
When: 27 Aug 17 21:28
Me and the lads are having a float this year - 1970s sitcoms.
By:
alun2005
When: 28 Aug 17 10:21
Day One, optimistically called 'Family Day'.

106 arrests, for such 'family values' related activities as possession of drugs, public order offence, possession of weapons and many other vibrant violent assault offences, including sexual ones. 

A staggering 8000 police officers have been deployed to counter the public threat posed by this pernicious event, along with the ever-present daily danger of terror attacks, and the spectre of people possibly turning violent because of anger over the Grenfell Tower disaster. (Quite why the latter should turn someone to violence Allah alone knows). That's on top of the anti-terror measures that Peace-Loving Religions have enforced on the capital.

Oh, and many police will be required on the perimeter of the event to perform checks to try and prevent knives and acid adding to the vibrant atmosphere. I can't think why a Carnival should require people bringing along knives and acid, but there you go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4827264/Notting-Hill-carnival-goers-cover-reporter-paint.html

Updated report with Day One stats

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4829570/Police-make-100-arrests-day-one-Notting-Hill-Carnival.html
By:
dambuster
When: 28 Aug 17 14:31
But according to the PC brigade, its still safe, and its ''DA PLEECE DAT CARZ DA TRUBLE''
By:
Crisp77
When: 28 Aug 17 15:59
Facial recognition software in use for the first time.
By:
alun2005
When: 28 Aug 17 16:20
The BBC asks whether the 'fun' is going from this much-loved Crime Festival. 

Some staggering statistics with this article. I cannot imagine ANY other British-based community festival replicating these horrors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41023844
By:
akabula
When: 28 Aug 17 17:02
Time to put an end to this farce.
By:
dambuster
When: 28 Aug 17 17:07
You can't do that Ak, its RAyyyysist
By:
BennyBinion1
When: 28 Aug 17 17:31
How many of these headlines will we be reading in the morning. 'He was such a good boy. Always concentrating on his college work. Never in trouble with the police and certainly in no way connected to any gangs'

Repeat x10
By:
BennyBinion1
When: 28 Aug 17 17:31
How many of these headlines will we be reading in the morning. 'He was such a good boy. Always concentrating on his college work. Never in trouble with the police and certainly in no way connected to any gangs'

Repeat x10
By:
ufcdan
When: 28 Aug 17 18:46
How many of these headlines will we be reading in the morning. 'He was such a good boy. Always concentrating on his college

I'd love to just once a family or friends turn round and say "Actually he was a right little sh1t" LaughLaughLaugh
By:
alun2005
When: 28 Aug 17 19:28
1.01 backers clean up, as an 'Acid Attack' is widely reported to have happened.  On FAMILY DAY.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/notting-hill-carnival-revellers-run-11072181
By:
Ramruma
When: 28 Aug 17 21:15
Tbh it does not sound like an acid attack -- three people with mild skin irritation -- more like someone chucked a drink over them (which is obviously anti-social to say the least) and caused panic.
By:
betting_masta
When: 28 Aug 17 22:42
people are such ****s
By:
detraveller
When: 29 Aug 17 06:34
A friend of mine keeps inviting me to London for this festival every year since 4 years and I haven't been able to come. Now I realise he must have been joking.
By:
rogerthebutler
When: 29 Aug 17 08:19
Interesting that Stormzy himself characterises the Notting Hill Carnival as a 'black' event and Glastonbury as a 'white' event.

Oh unity!

Whit youth, black youth, better find another solution....
By:
casemoney
When: 29 Aug 17 18:37
31 Coppers Injured
By:
treetop
When: 29 Aug 17 20:55
They must have bene provoking da boys case ?
By:
ufcdan
When: 29 Aug 17 21:39
Think your all scaremongers ! I watched the BBC news last night and the carnival looked like a joyous event..............think I'll go next year Cool what could possibly go wrong Scared
By:
Capt__F
When: 29 Aug 17 21:44
get your affairs in order 1st
By:
ufcdan
When: 29 Aug 17 21:45
Laugh
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page