Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
annie.
22 Jul 17 23:10
| Topic/replies: 9,788 | Blogger: annie.'s blog
After first winning the world championship eight years ago he has won it again.  But what an eventful eight years it has been. 

He was only fifteen when he won it before and he has been in the limelight, sometimes not a good place to be, since then.  It takes guts to go on and survive and even win gold again in any sport but he has had the added pressure of coming out as gay and then getting married.  So many young people who become famous at an early age, in sport or entertainment or whatever,  do not resist the temptations that follow and for a sportsman it is even harder with all the training.

Fabulous final dive that had to be perfect for him to win, and he did.  He said that he can now go on his belated honeymoon. 

Well done.
Pause Switch to Standard View Tom Daley, world champion again - he...
Show More
Report a bitofinterest July 22, 2017 11:14 PM BST
SHOW US YER CHEST
Report Capt__F July 22, 2017 11:18 PM BST
did'nt realise he was married

Congratulations Happy
Report annie. July 22, 2017 11:52 PM BST
bito, you don't change, do you - thank god, or whatever Happy
Report Sica Dan July 23, 2017 12:29 AM BST
If you need judges is it really a proper Sport?
Report onlooker July 23, 2017 2:50 AM BST
^ Agreed  - and ...

Which part of the LGBT team do you play for - OP, annie?
Report Ramruma July 23, 2017 5:57 AM BST
Funny expression that: "world champion -- he deserves it". Surely any champion deserves it by going faster or scoring more points (or fewer in the case of golf) than the opposition?
Report saddo July 23, 2017 11:04 AM BST
Sica Dan, boxing?
Report Makybe_Diva July 23, 2017 11:31 AM BST
Thanks, Annie. I hadn't even realised this was going on.

I'm really pleased for him. Congratulations, Tom Happy
Report cardenden July 23, 2017 12:23 PM BST
he has nice bumLove
Report Sica Dan July 23, 2017 1:46 PM BST
saddo, need i remind you of the many scandalous decisions of  boxing judges?
Report annie. July 23, 2017 8:30 PM BST
No, onlooker, I am not gay.  I have been out with women but usually only the ones that look and act like men.
Report doantwin2easy July 23, 2017 10:36 PM BST
So many young people who become famous at an early age, in sport or entertainment or whatever,  do not resist the temptations that follow and for a sportsman it is even harder with all the training.

spot on
Report GoBallistic February 14, 2018 3:00 PM GMT
Rejoice.  Tom Daley is pregnant
Report SontaranStratagem February 14, 2018 3:33 PM GMT
How? The bbc dont seem to mention anything other than they are having a baby. Is it a surrogate mother?
Report lfc1971 February 14, 2018 3:38 PM GMT
complete madness
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 14, 2018 3:43 PM GMT
Who is the daddy ?
Report trilby22 February 14, 2018 4:18 PM GMT
What a load of puke, imho.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/family-relationships/tom-daley-and-husband-lance-black-share-baby-scan-picture-confirming-they-are-to-become-dads/ar-BBJ7D40?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp
Report DenzilPenberthy February 14, 2018 5:00 PM GMT
cardenden
23 Jul 17 12:23
| Topic/replies: 5,166 | Blogger: cardenden's blog
he has nice bumLove

You haven't seen it without his trunks on Japenese flag I would imagine Silly
Report Injera February 14, 2018 6:04 PM GMT
Predictably up high on the BBC news page. Why?

'They are expecting a baby'.

FFS. What exactly is happening to us...
Report donny osmond February 14, 2018 6:33 PM GMT
spoty?
Report trilby22 February 14, 2018 6:46 PM GMT
What Donny?  They're having a leopard too?
Report SontaranStratagem February 14, 2018 6:52 PM GMT
I just want to know how they are having this baby
Report casemoney February 14, 2018 7:18 PM GMT
Yes  I agree ,will it be exiting by the Back door and how did it get in there ?
Report morpteh mackem February 14, 2018 7:25 PM GMT
tomasina daley.
Report casemoney February 14, 2018 7:29 PM GMT
Will there be a New TV series for Diver Daley and The Husband perhaps showing Young babies First swimming lessons ...
Report akabula February 14, 2018 7:42 PM GMT
The worlds going mad. The pervier the better for the BBC.
Report mad mad moon February 14, 2018 8:06 PM GMT
Kiev is apparently the top "Surrogate City" .
Good name for a song!
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 14, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
take me to Surrogate city
where grass is green and the girls are pretty
And babies scream take me home, please take me home !

Plain
Report casemoney February 14, 2018 9:32 PM GMT
BBC absolutely Delighted with proceedings
Report SontaranStratagem February 14, 2018 9:45 PM GMT
I can't wrap my head around it though, the media love it but wont tell us the full story. they've obviously got a surrogate mother who wont be getting one bit of media exposure. 2 men and a baby... 100 years ago this wouldn't have happened, the locals would have seen to that. nowadays its celebrated and no one can say a work. its flipped on its head and utterly mad.
Report Magnusthepassenger February 14, 2018 10:00 PM GMT
Where's the foetus going to gestate?
Are they going to keep it in a box?
Report Capt__F February 14, 2018 11:59 PM GMT
unusual

like to see Data re children with no mother but 2 fathers

good luck tho
Report casemoney February 15, 2018 12:37 AM GMT
Must be very hard to carry a Child for 9 months then Hand it over to brought up by a Straight couple the Mind boggles how one

would feel that is was going to be raised by two men ?

As stated the Liberal Media luv it ,Why ???  All seems extremely Strange to me  ,Shirley if u are Gay you would think Well

I wont be having a Family ? and accept that ? 

Dont get me Wrong the Child will probably have a Fabulous upbringing  ,but it seems like they are Buying children as if they

are some sort of Must have ..
Report 1st time poster February 15, 2018 5:32 AM GMT
a couple of million will help her get over it, in years to come wonder what % kids brought up by  gay couples end up gay themselves,high I,d guess
Report khyber kim February 15, 2018 7:04 AM GMT
Another long running freak show and guaranteed coverage by the BBC.

Surrogacy doesn't always have a happy ending you would have thought they would keep a low profile, it just seems a bit creepy.

Kids have enough problems growing up and this isn't going to be easy especially if it's a boy.
Report trilby22 February 15, 2018 9:41 AM GMT
This is child abuse, shirley?  Daley says he wants a team of them.  How is this sort of thing allowed???
Report Zugspitze February 15, 2018 9:41 AM GMT
Comments in this thread are proof-positive that the PR distraction worked then.  https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2898976/olympic-star-tom-daley-had-sec...
Report trilby22 February 15, 2018 9:44 AM GMT
So he's a two-timing slapper too?  Kin 'ell, what next?
Report Sica Dan February 15, 2018 10:27 AM GMT
Probably a divorce and a custody battle.
Report casemoney February 15, 2018 11:06 AM GMT
The Hubby 43 thought was Younger ,Diver Daley also had a bit of Internet Sex with  Like wise man from Liverpool ,all this
Extra marital is only Physical ,so should be no problems ....

Many on here from the CIVLIBLUV mob prob no probs with the Mrs banging half the street ...
Report saddo February 15, 2018 11:15 AM GMT
Makes you wonder what moral code the children of these promiscuous types will end up with.
Report Callisto-moon February 15, 2018 11:20 AM GMT
Think of the problems this could cause, as it seems Mr daley has possibly cheated in the past is it a stable relationship?
If they were to split which of them is actually the father?
Who get the custody?

its a minefield and there seems to be no supervision, advice or rules.

Money talks.
Report Jack Hacksaw February 15, 2018 11:38 AM GMT
Very distasteful.

Makes children seem like commodities.
Report trilby22 February 15, 2018 12:54 PM GMT
Custody?  Custard pies, more like.  A new game show for Saturday night prime time mug telly?
Report casemoney February 15, 2018 6:30 PM GMT
Are these children Monitored when they go to the New parents ,not just in this case but others ,I know adoption of a baby involves a lot of Monitoring of the Potential Parents  ,being headlined in a Sun Sex story would not go down too well ....   

Or do they just Pay the surrogate and head off with the child ??
Report Callisto-moon February 16, 2018 8:32 AM GMT
looks like the latter.
caused quite a storm on the racing forum so much so it looks like the thread was pulled.
Report Jack Hacksaw February 16, 2018 9:13 AM GMT
Yes, it is basically adopting a new born child.

Think of all the hoops that traditional parents have to go through with adoption agencies before adoption!

D'ya reckon this couple would be allowed to look after a new born child if they went through an adoption agency?
Report Callisto-moon February 16, 2018 12:49 PM GMT
like feck.
Report annie. February 16, 2018 1:57 PM GMT
Actually they would be able to adopt a new born child. 

The law does not discriminate against them compared to other people who want to adopt.

There has also been cases where children have been taken away from drug addict etc families, put into care and then given to homosexual couples to adopt and then the birth families have challenged this, but to no avail.
Report lfc1971 February 16, 2018 2:00 PM GMT
should be illegal
Report annie. February 16, 2018 2:12 PM GMT
Apparently ONE IN SEVEN couples adopting are gay!

I have my misgivings about this.
Report lfc1971 February 16, 2018 2:15 PM GMT
children ideally need a mother, the only time it is acceptable for a father to raise a child is if he is the natural father and the child has had a natural mother at some point
That is not ideal, and indeed it is best if it is the mother who cares for the child
Report lfc1971 February 16, 2018 2:20 PM GMT
if a child is raised by his natural father, but has known his mother at some point in life then that is something that the child can understand and will have benefitted from
the mother has to have been there
Report lfc1971 February 16, 2018 2:29 PM GMT
I think there is something not quite right about men who would have the selfishness and arrogance to do something like this, just my opinion
Report lfc1971 February 16, 2018 2:52 PM GMT
even if a mother has had to, especially in the past, give up her child for adoption
well even that was something that could be understood by the child in later life,it was part of life and the circumstances of the time meant it hade to be.
But if someone is prepared to be a surrogate mother, and give her child away purposely and not through circumstance then the child , and later the adult, will come to feel as something less,more as a commodity
less valued than the poorest of orphans given up for adoption in the past
Report lfc1971 February 16, 2018 2:56 PM GMT
better by far to have been a child found in a basket on the steps of Paddington station on some cold winter morning
Report jamesdean February 16, 2018 2:58 PM GMT
I see no problem with the fact two gay men or women being able to adopt if they have both passed all the
safety checks etc This ordering of children for mothers to give them up at birth clearly isn't right though.
Report alun2005 February 16, 2018 7:43 PM GMT
Once again, no-one is allowed to raise some perfectly legitimate and sensible concerns about this 'we're expecting a baby' drivel without there being an attempt to silence those voices.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/southbank-centre-pulls-advertising-from-daily-mail-after-homophobic-column-about-tom-daley_uk_5a86d108e4b00bc49f4318fb?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Cdl_lnk1%26pLid%3D763918774_uk
Report trilby22 February 16, 2018 7:58 PM GMT
The term "homophobic" makes me laugh!  I'm not afraid of these sort of people, I simply don't agree with what they do.
Report DenzilPenberthy February 16, 2018 8:05 PM GMT
I don't agree with what they do but if someone is genetically gay hormonenwise that's not their fault that's how their made,it would be like being against those born with disabilities.
What I can't stand is the attention seeking bandwagon jumpers which the world is full of and any special treatment which they may expect.
Report DenzilPenberthy February 16, 2018 8:06 PM GMT
*hormone wise*
Report alun2005 February 16, 2018 8:06 PM GMT
Indeed Trilby, but remember, if you have an opinion the 'progressive' and 'tolerant' Left don't agree with, you are apparently automatically guilty of "Hate Crime".
Report saddo February 16, 2018 8:08 PM GMT
Alun, it appears that these advertisers are contacted by a lefty campaign group and put on the spot. This group appear to be trying to put a major newspaper out of business in a bid to silence them. The Stasi would be proud of em.
Report DenzilPenberthy February 16, 2018 8:14 PM GMT
It's all establishment vs commense sense politics
What woke me up was the US election before that I didn't have as much time to REALLY take notice of what was happening in the world not the spoon fed propaganda we get from Sky News and The BBC.
The results of the US election and Brexit give some indication that the majority (despite massively bent media and lies) retain common sense beliefs though it's mainly the older generation.
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 16, 2018 9:04 PM GMT
I read littlejohn's column, thought it was very brave and would not go down well but he made valid points.

Two people who cannot make a baby are, which is very confusing when they dont mention the woman involved.

At least i know i wont be spending money at Center Parcs, natwest, gin club or autotrader. All companies should respect every customer and not play god.
Report trilby22 February 16, 2018 9:17 PM GMT
I guess I can kind of understand a pair of guys loving each other platonically but French kissing and turd burgling each other?  No way man, that's just unatural and perverted!
Report casemoney February 16, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
The Sperm is not meeting the Egg , the main reason any animal is on this Planet is to Reproduce .

Being unable to have children Due to Medical reasons is not  Chosen ..

Were I homosexual in no way would I even think of Being a parent , We have a Generation of Children being Parented by Gay

People perhaps a Study could be done to see what the children /teens make of it all ? Im sure there will be both Pros and

Cons ,would be interesting to hear ..
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 16, 2018 9:52 PM GMT
Who is the daddy, looks like the older fella or did both put it into a cup and mix it together ?

Im intrigued on how this all works, was their a turkey baster used ?
Report Mikael D'Haguenet February 16, 2018 10:08 PM GMT
All companies should respect every customer?

Presumably you feel the same about the Christian hoteliers who wouldn't accept gays or bakers that won't make rainbow cakes etc?
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 16, 2018 10:30 PM GMT
im glad your have narrowed my argument down to nothing.

Love your feel about rainbow cakes are important, i feel they are not.

This is about choice.

Are you saying companies should disrespect customers ?
Report Injera February 17, 2018 8:06 AM GMT
Littlejohn claimed children "benefit most from being raised by a man and a woman".

Center Parcs said the placement of the advert was "completely unacceptable".

It was responding to a complaint from a person who tweeted: "My son so wants me to book at your parks, but how can I do that if you support homophobia?"

The holiday resort firm responded to the tweet: "We take where we advertise very seriously and have a number of steps to prevent our advertising from appearing alongside inappropriate content.

"We felt this placement was completely unacceptable and therefore ceased advertising with the Daily Mail with immediate effect.

"We apologise for any offence this may have caused."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43093154

So to say that children benefit most with a father and a mother is now deemed 'unacceptable' and 'homophobic'????

Center Parcs responded to ONE tweet and pulled their adverts!!!!!!!!!

I shall be writing to CP asking them if they will receive money from visitors who hold views similar to Littlejohn's.
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 17, 2018 8:47 AM GMT
I guess centre parc's must do a background search on every customer they serve.
Report Mikael D'Haguenet February 17, 2018 10:03 AM GMT
You said all companies should respect their customers. Does that only apply if they agree with you?
Report lfc1971 February 17, 2018 10:12 AM GMT
People should not expect other people to respect them, I don't necessarily want every other person to respect me
Because if they do I might feel I have to respect them in turn, and that is something I might wish to avoid
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 17, 2018 10:22 AM GMT
Not at all mikael, as i clearly stated, companies should treat all customers equally. Companies have a duty of respect not a political agenda.
Report lfc1971 February 17, 2018 10:32 AM GMT
If someone thinks rainbow cakes are a good thing they can set up a company and bake them
It takes quite a cheek to want to force someone else to do it for them
Report lfc1971 February 17, 2018 10:37 AM GMT
any sensitive person would agree
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 17, 2018 10:46 AM GMT
Who appointed centre parcs as the morale police ?

My uncle is a serial paedophile, my gran thinks bum sex is perverted, my sister in law has 6 points on her licence, my aunt voted labour, are they all excluded from centre parcs ?

Dont worry someone will be along shortly to point out that centre parcs has its right to advertise where it wants.
Report Injera February 17, 2018 10:55 AM GMT
I've contacted CP and have asked for a written statement from senior management.

My request is to have their position clarified regarding who is and who is not welcome to book with them.

What's even more bizarre about their stance is that Littlejohn is merely a features writer. He does not write editorials. Most papers give licence to journos to express a view that may not be shared by the editor or the other journos.
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 17, 2018 10:58 AM GMT
Good on you Injera, my brother spend thousands each year taking his family to centre parcs, he is a leftie but thinks 2 men cant make a child together, is he now banned ?
Report alun2005 February 17, 2018 11:25 AM GMT
Clearly it's now time for CP to publish an unequivocal policy statement about who is and who isn't welcome to visit their businesses, given their apparent concern about the Daily Mail newspaper, and persons who believe that a child benefits most from having a Mother and Father.

Will they be carrying out background checks on potential customers, maybe setting a written test or interview for the customers concerned to ensure that no-one with what was described as a 'homophobic' view ever sullies their premises?   

There can no possible hiding place for this company in this matter, given their apparent concern, and I'm sure they would wish to be absolutely transparent about their admissions policy.
Report trilby22 February 17, 2018 11:34 AM GMT
See how long this lasts ExcitedLaugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKUHtcZEXc
Report Mikael D'Haguenet February 17, 2018 2:26 PM GMT
Must admit I'm a bit torn on this. Can't stand Littlejohn or the Mail but I'd actually side with them rather than Center Parcs on this one. Would be a bummer if people boycotted CP as a result.

CP have had their own problems with adverts before...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/23/ban-center-parcs-advert-term-holidays-school
Report casemoney February 17, 2018 2:49 PM GMT
Once again any different Views are shouted Down and Labelled by those with the Agenda ...

Pathetic  ....
Report casemoney February 17, 2018 2:53 PM GMT
BBC Again "Tom Daley and his husband Dustin Lance Black, who are expecting a child"

I should like to point out that they have infact Rented a Womb , were there no young Children in Care that

they could have Adopted.....  ?
Report lfc1971 February 17, 2018 5:29 PM GMT
They shouldn't be allowed to adopt, better to be an orphan
Report moisok February 17, 2018 5:44 PM GMT
trilby 'the philosophy department ......'  Laugh
Report moisok February 17, 2018 5:49 PM GMT
it is all about small very noisy elements forcing their view on to the majority - it is frightening how control of the internet is being used like this
Report akabula February 17, 2018 8:30 PM GMT
An incredible decision by CP.
Will come back to haunt them I hope.
Littlejohn has done nothing other than offer his opinion.
Report akabula February 17, 2018 8:34 PM GMT
Great sketch Trilby but wouldn't be allowed nowadays thanks to the looking to be offended snowflakes in our midst.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com