Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
prepared83
21 Jul 17 17:31
| Topic/replies: 5,361 | Blogger: prepared83's blog
If so what you all drinking? Just cracked open my first beer
Pause Switch to Standard View Anyone drinking yet?
Show More
Report jimmy two times July 28, 2017 1:14 AM BST
Would feel uncomfortable if i didnt have 4 five percent cans in the the house after a four or five day bender anyway.
Helps you sleep and the next few day will be tolerable while cutting down.
Report scandanavian_haven July 28, 2017 1:14 AM BST
Prepared in all seriousness, as Jimmy says you really shouldn't be cutting it out altogether, it should be gradual because at 14 pints a night you're body system would go into shock, think that's what happened to Amy Winehouse. Good luck.
Report prepared83 July 28, 2017 1:19 AM BST
I'm just not the sort of person who can only have a few though annoyingly. 4 would turn to 8 to 12 etc and i'd be back to square one.
Will use this thread to give daily updates of any symptons/side effects or if i fall off the wagon. The thing is i can't imagine going out with friends or to a wedding etc and not drinking? No idea how im going to get through this. Always love/need a pint or 8 to be able to watch
villa play
Report prepared83 July 28, 2017 1:21 AM BST
Also how the f eck could i go on a first date with a bird and only drink coke etc. The more i think about it it seems impossible
Report jimmy two times July 28, 2017 1:25 AM BST
No advice on that unfortunately prepared, would never go on a first date without a few drinks!
Report prepared83 July 28, 2017 1:29 AM BST
Exactly pal, its a must to be fair. Thing is im a good laugh up to about 8 or 9 pints but after that i can become a total knob.
Sober me is constantly having to apologise for things drunk me's said or done and half the time i have no idea what
im apologising for. Its getting ridiculous now
Report Jack Hacksaw July 28, 2017 6:24 AM BST
You need to set up some mechanism so that you don't drink beyond your 8 or 9.  You'd have to work out how to do that.

Most importantly, I'd suggest having 2 nights off the beer every week.  You can pick the days.
Report Deltâ July 28, 2017 8:47 AM BST
Deltâ 21 Jul 17 21:32 
girls fred [excluding prepared83]

nope, he's joined up now too...
Report The Leopard July 28, 2017 8:51 AM BST
^ Denial !
Report The Leopard July 28, 2017 8:52 AM BST
How much are you drinking ?
Report Dr Crippen July 28, 2017 10:49 AM BST
Any of the serious drinkers on here developed symptoms of gout yet?
Report Life-Lucky July 28, 2017 11:32 AM BST
Prep's got a Prob!
Report Dr Crippen July 28, 2017 12:24 PM BST
Diabetes is another risk associated with moderate to heavy drinking, despite what that erroneous report that came out today said.
Report terry mccann July 28, 2017 12:28 PM BST
because of the sugar of course doctor
Report Dr Crippen July 28, 2017 1:13 PM BST
Yes terry,
And the associated rise in insulin secretion that goes with consuming alcohol.

People who really care about their health do not drink alcohol.
Report terry mccann July 28, 2017 1:23 PM BST
mobile phones and Wi-Fi will get you first doc
Report prepared83 July 28, 2017 3:50 PM BST
day 2 of not drinking and i hardly slept at all last night and kept waking up. Nice to wake up this morning though and not feel dehydrated.
Haven't for one second been tempted to have a beer so so far so good, just hope i sleep better tonight.
Going to be really weird not having a beer on a friday night though.
Report Mc Moonbeam July 28, 2017 10:21 PM BST
Cold turkey will be impossible for you mate as drink is very dependant based .. you seem on a bit of a mission  lately since you split with that girl .. but 14 pints a night FFS

You say you're a Baker ... how the fcuk do you manage to get out of bed every morning Confusedare you the one responsible for all that cheap Tiger bread Laugh

anyway what happened to tinder girl .. she blocked you .. lol
Report Deltâ July 28, 2017 10:24 PM BST
whats happened here is age, hth!
Report Mc Moonbeam July 28, 2017 10:34 PM BST
age .. who me or prep ?

he says he's only like 27 & i was similar but never did 14 pints per night .. it's a binge type of age .. getting older but still young enough to have it large .. but i can tell you you're Not an alcoholic !
Report annie. July 28, 2017 11:29 PM BST
I must admit that the report about drinking being good, sort of, for diabetes has cheered me up Happy  It also said that wine especially was 'good' for not getting diabetes.  Hooray! 

I think that wine is better for not getting diabetes because it is lower in sugar than other drinks.  I noticed that women gin drinkers did not fare well and maybe because gin is not normally drunk straight but with a mixer, probably sweet.

I used to drink white wine but switched to red and I find that lately I can keep to half a bottle of it whereas I can't do that with white wine Sad
Report Capt__F July 29, 2017 12:07 AM BST
Jesus changed water into wine

good enough for Him

good enough for me

away man

just watched auf pet on challenge
Report Jack Hacksaw July 29, 2017 10:19 AM BST
prepared, you need to do a lot of exercise during the day so that you are knackered by bedtime.
Report Deltâ July 29, 2017 11:59 AM BST
the tinder bird dont want him knackered then ...
Report scandanavian_haven July 29, 2017 12:06 PM BST
delta is a real man, he drinks beer.
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 2:55 PM BST
Still off the beer. Moonbeam if im drinking with work the next day i'll just start drinking earlier in the day etc.
Been off tinder for a few days now as i've got my eye on someone again ha. I'm 33 by the way.
Yeah think ive been in self destruct mode since the break up with the previous misses but totally over her now.
I hear a lot about being alcohol dependent? But does this mean they're saying you cant function properly without it?
I dont exercise that much jack but the job usually wears me out.
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 7:51 PM BST
ahh 33 i see ..
you probably are borderline alcoholic but i see you as a dangerous binge drinker!
the good things are you don't really resort to spirits yet .. you like expensive beer & mainly drink out with mates .. i started drinking alone a lot around that age Blush

what i mean is by drink is dependant is that drinking like you do your body will actually go into shock without it .. you'll be ok for a day or so (because it's still in your bloodstream) but when your cold out you'll start to crave it!

Dependancy also leads to increased tolerance .. your tolerance level is now extremely high which is dangerous as every time you drink you need more & more to meet your higher level .. this is where most drinkers turn to spirits .. you don't wanna go there .. i'd actually liken drink to a mild form of heroin it's so addictive long term but they market it all so innocently .. sold in every shop / supermarket etc. to the limit .. they want everybody addicted .. repeat customers Crazy

you need to cut down .. Drastically at first .. set yourself say a 4 pint/can limit .. then try get down to 2 in the week etc.

it's all about lowering your tolerance .. but at the same time realizing that you are still dependant to a small extent ... just how good one cold beer can taste when you really need one ....

I still enjoy a beer or two most nights (plus a koppenberg Tongue Out)  but it's about keeping it fun .. if i drink more than 3 pints it's not actually fun after that point anymore Happy
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 8:03 PM BST
Cheers for the reply moon, but ive gone total cold turkey since weds night and i seem to still be fine now. That may change.
Never been a fan of spirits and would never turn to them as im just/was a beer monster. However im sure in the near future the
urge will be epic to get stuck in so lets see how i react when the urge returns.
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 8:31 PM BST
Good luck with it mate!

I have an addictive personality so have struggled with most things

Damn you make me feel old i'm only 41 but it all goes very fast through your 30's

it also helps if you have something to keep your mind off it, i stopped drinking a lot when i found poker full time .. but if you want my honest advice .. and can pick up girls off tinder like taxi's (lol) i'd maybe get a few illegal substances in & have some damn fun Cool
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 8:47 PM BST
Very very tempting moon Cool your right about keeping my mind off it helping. You still full time with the poker?
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 9:07 PM BST
No mate .. it kind of petered out over the last few years to the point it's not worth wasting my time any longer (tough the same after playing so long) but have been taking sports betting/trading a lot more seriously & done ok last couple years (pays the bills) but am fed up with gambling tbh

Mate it's all quite simple really just remember 2 little words .. Self Respect Happy

it's fine to have a drink .. it's fine to take a few drugs if you feel like it .. but keep it on a fun level & know when enough is enough!

but Drink will sneak up and Rob you like a thief in the night if you're not careful Wink
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 9:20 PM BST
Cheers bud. I at least want a little break from it and see how it goes. Cant beat having a tinder bird come over and
giving you blow whilst sat with beer in one hand and a cig in the other and sport on the tv CoolGrin
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 10:08 PM BST
as Churchill the Dog would say ... OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW YESSS Cool

How many birds you met from there .. they all local .. must be tons around here .. kinda worries me what might turn up Love
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 10:11 PM BST
About 12 i think, some proper dirty ones as well. A few have just showed up here but most ive met out on a date first then brought them back.
What area do you live in?
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 10:45 PM BST
just outside Birmingham .. where you mate?

so many apps n stuff nowadays .. the kids all using snapchat n kik .. selling drugs n allsorts .. crazy world we live in .. never used tinder but is tempting Happy
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 10:52 PM BST
one thing i learned is girls don't actually like guys that drink a lot ..

yeah you have to drink to meet them & buy them a few .. you think it's cool but they're very intuitive .. few too many they lose interest .. you like drink more than them !  lol
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 11:15 PM BST
I'm in Reading bud, yeah think that was my problem that i liked the beers more than the ladies ShockedLaugh
get on that tinder and see whats out there. Its a good crack swiping left or right anyway regardless of results.
Be prepared to come across some ghastly women though on there Laugh also badoo has some fit birds.
Lots of fit polish/romanian birds on there
Report scandanavian_haven July 29, 2017 11:22 PM BST
imagine putting your pictures up on your profile and someone you know from your local area spotting youShocked
Report Dr Crippen July 29, 2017 11:26 PM BST
S_H sounds desperate.
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 11:28 PM BST
Haven i've recognised loads of the women on there if thats what you mean or you on about linking it to here?
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 11:29 PM BST
Jeez i'm surrounded by Polish birds.. had one living at the back of me.. never heard anything so dirty!

she'd be getting pounded rotten .. then scream at him don't stop Happy don't f%^&*() Stop !! almost felt sorry for the guy .. then she'd tell him to fkn Leave Laugh

think i might give it a try Cool
Report scandanavian_haven July 29, 2017 11:31 PM BST
you stalking me again doctorGrin

no prepared I meant imagine if you knew people from your local area also on these sites that saw your profile...people you don't necessarily want to know you're on there...
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 11:32 PM BST
Do it bud, lets us know how you get on Cool if you come across a mother/daughter combo(obviously 18+) then we'll tag team CoolLaugh
who would you be worried about seeing you haven? Unless your not single? Shocked
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 11:45 PM BST
he's worried bout his Sisters mate .. the one that works in the Bank Plain
Report prepared83 July 29, 2017 11:46 PM BST
She fit? SillyLaugh
Report scandanavian_haven July 29, 2017 11:49 PM BST
Never in a million years.

mooney and prepared sounds however like a cool tag team name for a mother/daughter combo thoughDevil
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 11:55 PM BST
some damn fine Asian birds about also Prep .. just gotta find one that works in a Library Cool
Report Mc Moonbeam July 29, 2017 11:59 PM BST
would be cool to team up on full cylinders .. maybe you'd even fancy the Mother x
Report prepared83 July 30, 2017 12:45 AM BST
I'm always up for an older woman, never been with an asian bird either so that would be another to tick off the list. Get swiping moon
and sort this out Cool
Report prepared83 August 2, 2017 5:20 PM BST
Completed a week off the booze now and my head is finally clear, no side effects other than not sleeping great.
So anyone else wishing to quit/cut down give it a try. Cold turkey has worked for me and not even thinking of a beer.
Report scandanavian_haven August 2, 2017 5:40 PM BST

is this tempting PreparedDevil
Report prepared83 August 2, 2017 5:41 PM BST
nope Silly well a little bit Laugh
Report black shuck August 2, 2017 7:52 PM BST
Not drinking is rude.....and i want no part of it
Report Deltâ August 4, 2017 6:42 PM BST
tempted by Friday ?
Report prepared83 August 4, 2017 6:50 PM BST
Big time delta, went to the pub with the lads after work and only had a few diet cokes. Had to leave before i caved. Did
well to stay off it though bud. Tomorrow a massive test as love to have a beer or 7 when watching villa
Report scandanavian_haven August 4, 2017 7:31 PM BST
https://youtu.be/RXRqYP_IEZk?t=53s
Report doantwin2easy August 4, 2017 9:32 PM BST
some damn fine Asian birds about also Prep .. just gotta find one that works in a Library

I met a girl in the library. We had so much fun whispering sweet nothings, but as soon as we got into the outside world she hated me shouting at her.
Report SlippyBlue August 4, 2017 9:37 PM BST
Cheeky Aspalls on the go, flicking between RPGTV and Leeds against Wigan. All going well so far..
Report chavman August 4, 2017 9:40 PM BST
went out with the wife,now smashing bow,won 40 today,happy enough Happy
Report SlippyBlue August 4, 2017 9:43 PM BST
As long as Leeds win I'll have a winning day regardless of what happens at the cherries.
Report SlippyBlue August 4, 2017 9:50 PM BST
Leeds lead 32-10, 7 minutes left, that's the weekend paid for. I much prefer rugby union but I like league as well.
Report doantwin2easy August 4, 2017 9:58 PM BST
wd Slippy.
Report SlippyBlue August 4, 2017 10:21 PM BST
Thank you doantwin2easy Happy Won on rugby, broke evens on the dogs,not a bad day at the office.
Report prepared83 August 6, 2017 4:14 PM BST
Went 10 days without a beer and was doing fine then aston villa happened Angry ended up going the shop last night
and drinking 10 pint cans. Got the taste for it now so will probably have a few tonight. At least i know i can go without if
i want to though
Report Deltâ August 6, 2017 4:43 PM BST
Cry
Report Mc Moonbeam August 6, 2017 5:28 PM BST
you're like a Wild animal that can last 10 days sleeping without food but then Rips the neck off the first Deer it comes across! Devil

Bottle of Perlenbacher for me , follow with a Kopparburg , while cooking a nice Lamb roast dinner (got the Mint sauce) Happy
Report paulypaul August 6, 2017 7:03 PM BST
Back from holiday yesterday having eaten and drunk myself silly for 10 days. I am quite a heavy drinker but I don't want to look at any rich food or booze for a long while....but how long will I last? I'm like Prepared83 and will break with a binge no doubt...All I've since yesterday is soup, wraps and lime n soda. The main reason I feel like this is because my gallbladder feels like it's doubled in size is making a bid for freedom.

Anyone else get gallbladder pain? Very uncomfortable indeed. What the tastiest, low fat food for when soup becomes boring??
Report prepared83 August 13, 2017 7:49 PM BST
Went on a mad one yesterday. 15 hours of beer drinking followed by a late night tinder visitor. Think ive decided
i prefer this life style so doesnt look like i'll be slowing down/settling down any time soon. Anyone drinking tonight?
Report prepared83 August 13, 2017 7:52 PM BST
I sometimes get gallbladder plain paul but i just drink through it. Think im on a one man mission to self destruct.
Oh and my team villa playing Reading in Reading(where i live) on tues night. So will be another messy one with me in the away end
Report chavman August 13, 2017 8:00 PM BST
27 cans of bow and pack of small twiglets,no toilet break thus far
Report Makybe_Diva August 13, 2017 8:10 PM BST
Water, here Plain
Report prepared83 August 13, 2017 8:22 PM BST
Good work chavman, have a glass of wine diva
Report Makybe_Diva August 13, 2017 8:24 PM BST
Haven't got any.
Report prepared83 August 13, 2017 8:29 PM BST
Go get some bud, got my 10 can chilling in fridge. Got to be up at 5am though ha
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2017 8:39 PM BST
I just hope you splashed out Diva !

Pity the the old dears that buy your bread early morning prep .. always get mine late .. 10p reduced

I'm liking the bottles of Perlenbacher from Lidl .. different class to the cans Cool

cooking again .. nice steak stew with Mash .. though the steak has been in my freezer eerrmm .. a while Plain
Report chavman August 13, 2017 8:39 PM BST
My travel will extend me to the garden of england tomorrow,as such I shall have one more for my sorrow of leaving the chavvy beauty of Essex
Report chavman August 13, 2017 8:41 PM BST
Back home for 6 Laugh
Report prepared83 August 13, 2017 8:52 PM BST
Moonbeam the old dears love a still drunk baker ha, chavman only one more?
Report Makybe_Diva August 13, 2017 8:53 PM BST
I love steak stew and mash Love
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2017 9:02 PM BST
Do you wear Whites prep ?

I worked in the Prison kitchen when i was a young whippersnapper just turned 18 Plain

Funny enough had never learned to cook as good as having my own place for the last 4 years .. really got into the swing of things!

tastes Gorgeous Diva .. mushrooms , tomatoes, onions , cheesy Mash

for you i'd send the second helping 1st class recorded postage  x
Report Makybe_Diva August 13, 2017 9:05 PM BST
Thanks, Moonbeam Happy
Report prepared83 August 13, 2017 9:06 PM BST
yeah have to wear whites so is always tricky with a dodgy belly after a session the night before
Report chavman August 13, 2017 9:22 PM BST
Abstention has become me,the woes and sorrows art before me wonst again-

Play on,give me excess of it,that surfeiting
Report Deltâ August 25, 2017 5:42 PM BST
last sunny bank hols w/e of the year, who's on it ...
Report SlippyBlue August 25, 2017 5:43 PM BST
Aspall's O'clock here in a very sunny South East London.Cool
Report prepared83 August 25, 2017 5:55 PM BST
Im on it tonight Cool
Report Deltâ August 25, 2017 6:17 PM BST
two 1.01's landed there

cheers!
Report TheBaron August 25, 2017 6:25 PM BST
Maybe Betfair could open a market on when Prepared's liver packs up?
Report prepared83 August 25, 2017 6:31 PM BST
20 cans chilling in the fridge so tonight could be the night especially if villa are awful again later.
Although i've started seeing a new bird so need to wind it in a bit.
Her body is f ecking unbelievable, pretty little thing only about 5foot 2. Love throwing her about
Report SlippyBlue August 25, 2017 7:03 PM BST
Who said romance is dead? I've got lots of mates who are Villains, bad enough me being a Palace fan all my life , being a Villa supporter must be utter purgatory in comparison.
Report prepared83 August 25, 2017 7:20 PM BST
Will you be watching the villa game tonight slippy?
Report SlippyBlue August 25, 2017 7:49 PM BST
Nah, can't be bothered. I don't really like soccerball that much, I love my horse racing and rugby union. I do go and see Palace a few times each season though as a few buds have a spare every now and then and go for a catch up with them to see a game at Selhurst Park and have a beer afterwards but I'm really not fussed about football to be honest with you.
Report prepared83 September 15, 2017 6:18 PM BST
Anyone else having a drink tonight? Just cracked open my first of many. Not seeing the misses tonight so will get stuck in
Report prepared83 September 15, 2017 6:49 PM BST
Good lad Cool
Report Shrewd_dude October 1, 2017 12:17 AM BST
A few cans or bingo and biscuits tonight folks?
Report prepared83 October 1, 2017 12:33 AM BST
I'm on it bud. What you drinking?
Report Shrewd_dude October 1, 2017 12:37 AM BST
Lager different mix of European stuff (Aldi Grin). You walked the dog yet?
Report prepared83 October 1, 2017 12:56 AM BST
yep walked him in the rain, little f ecker tried jumping on some random.
Report Shrewd_dude October 1, 2017 1:05 AM BST
What you having?
Report prepared83 October 1, 2017 12:52 PM BST
Sorry pal went to bed, was on the birra morreti last night
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com