Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Lady Faye Verrit
28 Jun 17 17:49
| Topic/replies: 2,464 | Blogger: Lady Faye Verrit's blog
....as much lauded by our supermarkets, promoting "Low, Low Prices"....

Summer!!! 10.5 dungarees centipede here on "The Vale Of York".....

Well I (for one) don't particularly want to be hot, but warm could be a welcome option!
Pause Switch to Standard View The Great British Summer....
Show More
Report onlooker June 28, 2017 9:44 PM BST
I put the heating on low at tea-time
Report Coachbuster June 28, 2017 9:53 PM BST
average of 22c this month  here and 225 hours of sunshine  - that's summery enough for me   Cool

York will be cold ,it's like erm .... well  Yorkshire ..it's always cold up there  Crazy
Report onlooker June 28, 2017 9:57 PM BST
Averages mean nothing.

38 degrees one day does NOT make the 10 degree day any warmer.
Report lybertyne June 28, 2017 10:01 PM BST
British weather is the best in the world because we get to experience all the different types.  People who move to Los Angeles say they get fed up after a while because every day is the same - blue sky and sun.  Personally I prefer the cooler days with grey ominous clouds.  So cosy.
Report Coachbuster June 28, 2017 10:01 PM BST
warmest it has been hear all summer is only 26c - this part of the country was not afffected by the heatwave  - just a generally decent run of sunny ,  22c days  - which is common in June in south east England .

todays 15c was the 2nd coldest day of the month - so a handful of poor  days !!
Report Coachbuster June 28, 2017 10:07 PM BST
hear *

correct lybertyne  - although even in the UK  it varies a fair bit - if you like cloud try Lerwick lol   ,if you prefer some sunshine then the south coast is the best .

Yorkshire  simply isn't a great climate - you have to go  Cambridgeshire or south/east of  - it  deteriorates at a rapid pace after that, going up.

the British way of life isn't geared to enjoying good weather anyway - folk are stuck in offices when the sun is shining and then go out around 6pm midweek  to the riverbank /beach etc  -    like what's the ****** point ?  Laugh
Report SlippyBlue June 28, 2017 10:10 PM BST
I agree with you lybertyne, I've lived in Australia and Spain for many years and you just can't beat our seasons in the U.K. 40C every day for weeks on end is absolutely draining.
Report zorrostrikes June 28, 2017 10:15 PM BST
Sun comes out last week of Wimbledon usually. we've had a early summer?
I don't like it - I would like it if I lived by a beach though. why do we all live
inland?
Report Coachbuster June 28, 2017 10:24 PM BST
coastal areas generally too chilly (breezy) zorro - inland much warmer in summer but cloudier  - the trick is to live 2 miles or so inland  so you get the shelter and also the sunshine totals  .

Lewes ,Faversham ,Chichester etc  best places in the UK 

Places like Stoke ,Manchester ,Bradford,Middlesbrough and especially Glasgow are  the pits  for sunshine levels
Report Coachbuster June 28, 2017 10:30 PM BST
Slippy ,   40c every day for weeks ???? - where the hell did you live Dallol ???  Shocked
Report SlippyBlue June 28, 2017 10:42 PM BST
New South Wales and Southern Spain Coach.
Report onlooker June 28, 2017 10:42 PM BST
lybertyne 28 Jun 17 22:01 

British weather is the best in the world because we get to experience all the different types.  People who move to Los Angeles say they get fed up after a while because every day is the same - blue sky and sun.  Personally I prefer the cooler days with grey ominous clouds.  So cosy.
-------------

What do you weigh? - lybertine ... do you carry lots of layers of 'insulation'?
Report Coachbuster June 28, 2017 10:49 PM BST
lybertine lives in the south onlooker - not the frozen north of england  !!

Slippy , my family are in NSW  - it can get pretty toasty there during a heatwave ,as can parts of southern interior Spain . 

45c reached  near Granada last week  setting a new record !!
Report zorrostrikes June 28, 2017 10:54 PM BST
nice sunset tonight.
Report Coachbuster June 28, 2017 11:51 PM BST
loved your pictures on here the other day  zorro - pretty impressive
Report bigH June 29, 2017 4:59 AM BST
the Suffolk coast is the place to be if you want sunshine and very little rain
Report TommyBarnes June 29, 2017 11:05 AM BST
Some parts of Suffolk and Norfolk got 90mm of rain yesterday, But on the whole you are correct.
Report Coachbuster June 29, 2017 11:58 AM BST
My part of Suffolk was as dry as a bone all day  -  there was some rain overnight thankfully - plants very thankful .   

If this isn't the driest location north of the Med' i'd like to know where is .  I wish it rained more . Sunshine plentiful for 6 months like Tommy says   and temps hold up really well - i never hear anyone complain about the 'British weather' here     -  winter is gloomy as you'd expect .

Faversham in Kent gets the best rain/sun/heat ratio  in summer  pipping Ipswich/Colchester by a whisker  - Heathrow is warmer but  cloudier .
Report onlooker June 29, 2017 4:48 PM BST
Dense dark complete cloud cover for the 3rd day running, now.  Cry
Report TheBaron June 29, 2017 6:26 PM BST
Pissed off with this weather.  Went away last week in the hot weather really enjoyed it, ready to go again, about to put the heating on. Not happy.
Report SlippyBlue June 29, 2017 7:29 PM BST
Coachbuster, if you remember I used to go sailing at Waldringfield near Woodbridge and used to spend many a Summer by the River Deben and the weather was invariably glorious there in July and August. I miss those days.
Report scandanavian_haven June 29, 2017 7:36 PM BST
I hope the rain is getting itself out of the way ready before Wimbledon starts next week.
Report casemoney June 29, 2017 10:10 PM BST
pish weather Sad
Report pxb June 29, 2017 10:10 PM BST
In Perth, Australia, we look forward to it raining, as we get almost no rain for most of the year.
Report scandanavian_haven June 29, 2017 10:20 PM BST
must be strange living in a place like Perth, absolute miles and miles from any major city or country, where do you go on Holidays?
Report pxb June 29, 2017 10:53 PM BST
Pretty much everywhere in WA is nice, and of course hardly any people. I haven't been to the rest of Australia for 30 years. No desire to.
Report Coachbuster June 29, 2017 11:00 PM BST
Slippers - yes i do remember you saying  lol  - do you not go sailing anymore ?  I occasionally go for a beer at the Maybush  Happy
Report bigH June 29, 2017 11:14 PM BST
I go to the Maybush fairly often - will be popping in to the Ramsholt Arms this weekend
Report onlooker June 30, 2017 7:42 PM BST
Four days on the trot now - of Dense dark complete cloud cover

Heating on low again for the third evening.

Even the South-east should be getting wet this evening, according to Forecasts.
Report SlippyBlue June 30, 2017 7:47 PM BST
No I don't go sailing there anymore Coach, part of my divorce settlement was that the hound got the beach hut in Waldringfield Cry

I used to love going to The Ramsholt Arms bigH, spent many an afternoon there and The Maybush.
Report SlippyBlue June 30, 2017 8:01 PM BST
The Fox Inn as well for a lunchtime livener when walking the dog.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com