Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GoOnThen
14 May 17 11:14
| Topic/replies: 6,272 | Blogger: GoOnThen's blog
I'm quite partial to a bit of brie on my cracker.
Pause Switch to Standard View Favourite cheese (Market without...
Show More
Report terry mccann May 14, 2017 11:18 AM BST
stilton with a glass of port old chap
Report kenny mann May 14, 2017 11:22 AM BST
A mate once brough me some  Caciocavallo Podolico  from Italy. Beautiful. Comes from a rare breed of cow and is mega expensive.I think it weighed about 2oz. Plain
Report GoOnThen May 14, 2017 11:24 AM BST
A crackering start.
Report khyber kim May 14, 2017 11:32 AM BST
Creamy Coverdale
Report paulypaul May 14, 2017 11:36 AM BST
What type of brie GoOnThen?

Partial to Brie de Meux myself, can be strong and smelly!
Report Ovalman. May 14, 2017 11:56 AM BST
I have Tesco's Ripe and Ready Brie atm but can't say I'd recommend it. I usually get some sort of cheese most weeks to snack on so maybe we could use this thread for reviews. It's pretty bland with no flavour, I'd rate it 2/10.

I am partial to 5 counties out of Tesco. You get a mini cheeseboard in one with Cheddar, Cheshire, Red Leicestershire and 2 other cheese crammed into a small block.
Report GoOnThen May 14, 2017 11:57 AM BST
Not generally fussed pauly, I like the crumble free texture when assembling my cracker. I'll give your recommendation a try if I spot it though.
Report GoOnThen May 14, 2017 11:57 AM BST
Cheers Oval. Good idea.
Report BRIGGSY08 May 14, 2017 12:59 PM BST
When I was sixteen I worked on a farm where they made cheese and I spent a few weeks, 9 hours a day painting cheese. Must be the most boring job ever
Report zorrostrikes May 14, 2017 1:10 PM BST
i liked Lockerbie cheddar for cheese on toast. nice savoury tangy salty flavour.
never see it in the shops these days.
Report paulypaul May 14, 2017 1:13 PM BST
GoOnThen..

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/default.aspx?id=277465774

Yum, yum
Report GoOnThen May 14, 2017 1:17 PM BST
Cheers bud.
Report paulypaul May 14, 2017 1:27 PM BST
Most supermarkets will have it..bit more expensive but worth it.
Report betting_masta May 14, 2017 11:04 PM BST
babybel (nap)
Report blackbarn May 14, 2017 11:15 PM BST
Port and Stilton are wasted on each other.  Stilton is best with a Sauterne or another sweet white.

Proper unpasteurised Brie or Camembert is very fine, but in this group, Epoisses is smelly and brilliant - eat with a spoon.
Report curious-cat May 14, 2017 11:16 PM BST
cheese is not good for one's health.
Report blackbarn May 14, 2017 11:24 PM BST
curious - are there two l's in bo llocks?   This IS a cheese thread!.  If you wish to start a spurious educational thread on the subject, then please do so separately.  Many thanks, be a good chap, and f u ck off elsewhere.
Report David Fishwick Minibus Sales May 14, 2017 11:41 PM BST
have you ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow?
Report Gallivanter May 15, 2017 12:01 AM BST
That's easy. You milk her into a triangular bucket.
Report kenny mann May 15, 2017 12:06 AM BST
Caerphilly I would imagine.
Report kenny mann May 15, 2017 12:06 AM BST
Caerphilly I would imagine.
Report Capt__F May 15, 2017 12:47 AM BST
^ Alzhimers
Report Capt__F May 15, 2017 12:48 AM BST
^ Alzhimers
^ Alzhimers
pants##

cracking cheese Gromit
Report tictacman1 May 15, 2017 1:06 AM BST
Stinking Bishop.Cry
Report johnizere May 15, 2017 8:14 AM BST
Roquefort. Everything else is just... well just... cheese!
Report rogerthebutler May 15, 2017 8:49 AM BST
Gruyere (hard)

Époisses (soft - warning: very stinky!)
Report Life-Lucky May 15, 2017 9:15 AM BST
"That's easy. You milk her into a triangular bucket."

At Scolton Manor Museum in Pembrokeshire they have a triangular churn. Lovely locally-made old piece of work, won a prize at a big agricultural show in Surrey a hundred years ago.

My favourite cheese is Emmental. Swiss is best but the French version by President is nice, too
Report screaming from beneaththewaves May 15, 2017 9:53 AM BST
Petit Chebra goat cheese out of Lidl. Not only the best goat cheese I've ever tasted, but half the price of the stuff they sell in the other supermarkets too.
Report Breedingmad May 15, 2017 10:11 AM BST
Blue Cheese, I like the taste of the mouldGrin
Report GoOnThen May 15, 2017 12:28 PM BST
I knew you were a Tory at heart BM!Happy
Report trilby22 May 15, 2017 12:41 PM BST
Too many to mention but defo the soft & creamy variety.

A quick look in my fridge tells me I need to go shopping but in my cheese box I currently have Tesco Finest Stilton & St Endellion Cornish Brie.

I ALWAYS look in the "sell-by" fridge in Tesco and buy all the soft cheese on offer and put it in my freezer when I get home.  Same with organic milk.  Simply transfer to the fridge a couple of days before requirement and BINGO!
Report Ovalman. June 4, 2017 5:08 PM BST
First cheese I've tried since my above post but I got some White Stilton from the reduced isle in Tesco's. Medium to soft, it crumbles easy and creamy in the mouth. It reminds me of a goat's cheese. Even at 50p for a decent sized block I wouldn't buy it again.

I'd give it 2/10 also.
Report Platini June 4, 2017 5:19 PM BST
If you love Dairylea (and who doesn't ?  WTF is wrong with you ?)    you have to try Kiri - the French equivalent.

only better  Love
Report GoOnThen June 4, 2017 5:22 PM BST
I'm in Provence next week Platini. I shall seek it out.
Report Clouseau June 4, 2017 5:32 PM BST
You can stick your Bries and you DairyLeas where the sun don't shine.

Extra-Mature Cheddar ain't broke and a bit of Shropshire Blue with salad makes the King of cheese rolls.
Report sixtwosix June 4, 2017 5:58 PM BST
Venezuelan Beaver Cheese
Report McCoy Carp June 4, 2017 11:29 PM BST
Cracker Barrel, Orson Wells advertising, aah, those were the days. Seriously, if you like cheddar you need to get hold of some Fiery Fred - nothing else quite like it Happy
Report Jack Hacksaw June 5, 2017 9:24 AM BST
No mention of Cambozola yet?
Report hologon June 5, 2017 9:31 AM BST
Wensleydale with cranberry
Report Platini June 5, 2017 11:56 AM BST
McCoy Carp, I haven't heard of Fiery Fred. It sounds right up my street tho. I love extra mature cheddar.

I tried some homemade farmhouse cheddar once - it was so mature it took the roof of my mouth off - I loved it Cool
Report mini me June 5, 2017 12:43 PM BST
vacherin mont d'or  - the wife says it smells like a dead person...
Report blackbarn June 5, 2017 1:39 PM BST
"Do you trust your wife" - How would she know? and would she tell you if she did?
Report Ovalman. June 9, 2017 8:34 PM BST
Tesco Gorgonzola tonight, it's the first time tasting this cheese despite it being popular. Nice and creamy and medium strength with no great punch but a nice after taste.

Much nicer than those last 2 cheeses I tried. 6/10
Report SlippyBlue June 9, 2017 8:42 PM BST
I do like a cheese board, I've just had some bruschetta with M&S Brie and some onion chutney and very nice it was too. I'll no doubt go in for seconds fairly shortly. I'll eat any cheese really.
Report boxingthefox June 9, 2017 8:51 PM BST
Wensleydale. Happy
Report betting_masta June 10, 2017 12:16 AM BST
#1babybel
2#cheestrings
Report asparagus June 10, 2017 9:21 AM BST
As has been mentioned a couple of times Epoisses is different class. Strong and majestic. Big fan of morbier too. Camembert with calvados is another beauty.
Report Jack Hacksaw June 10, 2017 9:27 AM BST
Nicest cheese I ever had was a bit like Morbier.

Got it at a market in Niort.
Report Mc Moonbeam June 10, 2017 2:33 PM BST
Cathedral city mature, small bag ready grated, perfect for topping pizza's & omelettes!

like the sound of that homemade farmhouse cheddar though, can't beat a good farmhouse loaf covered in flour with a nice bit of cheddar either Happy
Report Jack Hacksaw June 10, 2017 3:44 PM BST
Cheddar should be nowhere near a pizza!
Report Mc Moonbeam June 10, 2017 4:22 PM BST
I likes to keep my Cheese simples!

Mozerella doesn't last too long & also doesn't go well in an omelette Plain
Report Just Checking June 10, 2017 6:18 PM BST
I love blue cheese and stong smelly french cheese.

I've started buying mature cheddar like the cathedral city mentioned above, and keeping it in a cupboard for a bit to make it mature a bit more. It works, and I'm not dead yet Wink.

What I wouldn't eat it Casu Marsu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LymNQnKxpdQ
Report paulypaul June 10, 2017 9:13 PM BST
Had some Waitrose melted Reblechon earlier. Highly recommend.
Report Jack Hacksaw June 10, 2017 9:49 PM BST
Dunno about any legal requirements, but mature cheddar is more expensive than mild or medium.

Can anyone call their cheese mature or extra mature and have a higher price?

Loads of apparently 'mature' cheddar e.g. Cathedral or Pilgrims...isn't.
Report bodil June 11, 2017 12:43 AM BST
Enough is enough. The truth must out. Cheese is the smegma of Satan. The different varieties come from different areas under his satanic majesty's foreskin. The other main variable is which sinner he has been sodomizing recently.  Brie think Fred West, mature cheddar Uncle Joe, Clement Freud stilton, Mother Teresa Dairylea triangles and so forth.

If I can turn one sinner aside from his cheesy path to hell, my living will not have been in vain.
Report Just Checking June 11, 2017 6:50 PM BST
^^^^
Crack is a helluva drug! :)

That's funny, I just made a coffee with a 2 litre milk bottle that's nearly finished and it's on the turn. The coffee looked lumpy and I gave it a sniff expecting the bottle to be disgusting. It must have got the "right" kind of bacteria in it as, surprisingly, it smells pretty nice, like a nice cheese!
Report annie. June 11, 2017 10:53 PM BST
Domaine du Vallage

Epoisses, but without the smell

Wensleydale with apricot, cranberry or other

Cambozola

Roquefort

Mature cheddar

Monte alfino, I can't remember how it is spelt.

Stilton

I bought some stilton on election day thinking to just have a bit now and then, but ended up eating it with wholemeal seeded bread all evening and all through election night until 7am Shocked

I do have quite a variety because I shop in Waitrose a lot and when they REALLY reduce the cheese I buy it.  Stilton £6 kilo, Roquefort £12 kilo etc
Report Clouseau June 12, 2017 9:00 PM BST
French cheese well overrated.

Roquefort is too sweet and I wouldn't bother licking Brie or Camembert even if it was spread over Eugenie Bouchard's arse.

Shropshire Blue, Stilton, Cheddar, Cheshire and Lancashire are the chosen cheeses. You can bin the rest.
Report cooperman July 24, 2017 7:31 AM BST
Sheeps milk cheese the new kid on the block Excited
Report clarkson July 24, 2017 1:33 PM BST
Can't be any worse than goats cheese which is absolute honk,.

On the normal cheese front Snowdonia Bomber is the bomb, a majestic cheddar cheese that makes your back teeth ache and your pickled onion radar go full tilt.
Report annie. July 24, 2017 8:19 PM BST
I have just tried 'robiola nonno nanni' and it is very nice.  It is a very fresh cream cheese, sort of.  On wholemeal seeded bread, mmm.  I love trying new things at Waitrose when they are reduced  but they are usually reduced for a reason Sad  However, I would buy this cheese at the normal price.  You are better of buying food from marks and spencer, Waitrose ready meals and everything else  are normally not worth the money and not great.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com