Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Sabu
03 Apr 17 10:31
| Topic/replies: 500 | Blogger: Sabu's blog
I took what I believe an open and shut case to IBAS, now I have brough and issue to them about 3yrs ago where did they legitmately help me solve it and tell me who I should contact. It was when my powers account got hacked. However i'm not getting any email response from them and i've wrote to them about 3 times, no correspondence back at all. Any ideas?
Show More
Report guinness2dear April 3, 2017 12:38 PM BST
Ring them
Report dave1357 April 3, 2017 10:01 PM BST
If you are in the UK, you have to go through the complaints process of the gambling provider first and if still not satisfied, then go to the gambling firms nominated alternative dispute resolution service (this might not be IBAS).
Report boxingthefox April 3, 2017 10:05 PM BST
Isn't the Statute of limitations and Discovery 3 years?? just a guess.
Report Mr Ed April 9, 2017 12:04 PM BST
I have a dispute that I submitted 6 months ago now and I phoned them about 6 weeks ago and they said they had been waiting for some evidence from fred which they now have and would be making a decision very shortly.
I heard nothing.
In the last few weeks I have emailed twice and phoned 4 times. They haven't replied to any emails. When I phone all I get is a recorded message saying about forms so I have left messages asking them to call and they haven't.

I have another dispute with hills in which they said a correct score price changed 2 mins after I placed my bet... then back tracked and said the time change was only an estimate. The odds were still on the screen after I left the shop and were the same with all the other bookies anyway.... but they are refusing to pay. I am certain IBAS will rule in my favour but I am worried they wont even respond now!
Report kenny mann April 9, 2017 1:04 PM BST
used them 3 times. toothless.

0-3
Report terry mccann April 9, 2017 1:38 PM BST
same here ken,mine was about the crooked blackjack on here,total waste of time
Report kenny mann April 9, 2017 2:52 PM BST
I thought one of mine was cast iron. It was a shop football bet, Corals. Checked the coupon,she circled the price, and put bet on. 4/5  (5/6 at Paddy but shop a long way away and I didn't have an account at that time) Went to collect, settled at 4/6, price change, but they didn't put a note on the coupons, or in the coupon area. So their negligence cost me. I did point out that I could have got 5/6 at Paddy's if they had some their job right, but to no avail.
Report Jack Hacksaw April 10, 2017 11:32 AM BST
From latest IBAS report.

Ruling In Operator Favour - 2,790
Dispute Conceded by Operator (either by admission of fault or goodwill gesture) or Compromise Offered and Agreed with Consumer- 2,407
Ruling in Consumer Favour - 631

Average Dispute Completion Times
Dispute Completion Time (days)*

(In accordance with ADR legislation,(this is recorded as the time taken from the point at which the dispute file was completed to the point of an adjudication being published. It does not include time taken to gather evidence from both disputing parties.)

My success rate with IBAS is 0-2.

Interesting to know others' records.
Report parispike April 11, 2017 1:46 PM BST
IBAS = Incredibly bad and slow.
Report STUDYFORM April 11, 2017 8:49 PM BST
Perhaps you could try the gambling commission. Bring the licence holder's competence into question.

It won't work, but it'll make the GC have to do something and will annoy the company involved, with a 5% chance of resolving your issue.
The GC won't look at an individual dispute (they don't actually DO anything about anything), but will have to be involved if you can in some way establish that the bookmaker is in some way acting improperly or in ANY way breaching the terms of the licence. It might be worth a trawl through the gambling commission website if you really want to get your teeth into it.
Report Capt__F April 11, 2017 11:00 PM BST
GC  know FA bout betting
Report guinness2dear April 12, 2017 3:36 PM BST
What do poor buggers do when IBAS don't help? Say the book is holding onto winnings-deposits etc because of no KYC...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com